- Network Engineer/System Administrator with a broad knowledge of hardware, software and networking technologies to provide a powerful combination of analysis, implementation and support. Experience in system and network administration, hardware evaluation, project management, and systems and network security. 20 years of vast knowledge and IT experience in banking, military, local city, healthcare, textiles and electrical corps.
IT Manager/Systems Engineer
- Manage workstations and servers including all remote satellites.
- Sonicwall, Polycom VOIP, Cisco access points, Microsoft Surface Laptops, HP Printers, Azure, VMware, Office 365, Nextgen, Microsoft Teams.
- Inventory/ Asset management as well as managed the IT department.
- Work closely with the CEO, and the Board to drive initiatives.
- Attend and hold regular IT meetings with my team including morning huddles.
- Setup meetings with all Directors, Managers and Supervisors to get feedback on how we can improve day to day functions for the organization from an IT standpoint.
- Worked with and acquired new vendors for the IT Department.
- Level 3 tier support.
- SOP’s and heavy documentation.
- Extensive Disaster Recovery planning.
- Responsible for setting up collaboration to include video and audio between all sites and clinics.
- In charge of all hiring for the IT Department. Extensive SSL experience. Azure, AWS, Veeam experience.
- Managed workstations and servers including a remote site.
- Administered AD 2012, Exchange 2013 and a specialized billing system called ATS, Catalyst, Futura
- Attended meetings for the desired growth of the security as well as the integrity of our complex network.
- Managed Cisco network consisting of 3850x switches, 5508 Wireless Lan Controllers, ASA 5516x's with Firepower module and a 5506 with the Firepower module and 9k's in the core.
- Nutanix, single pane of glass, managed storage easier than vSphere, Nutanix upgrades. Hyperconverged compute, storage virtualization and networking at the core. Worked with running apps and workloads on a single platform.
- Managed Exchange 2013, IBM BigFix, Bit9, ISE, Stealthwatch, Prime, vSphere 6.0, Cisco Iron Port, LogRhythm, Jabber, Spark and spark boards, Cisco Content Security Manager, Call Manager, Solar Winds, VNX, Data Domain, VNX 5300, Symantec Backup, Vranger, Kace 1000 and 2000 for helpdesk and imaging of PC's, Cisco ASDM and AirWatch MDM.
- Converted Physical Servers to Virtual Servers. Cisco ESA and WSA's.
- Built new virtual servers to specs of requests and physical servers. Server 2008, 2012 and 2016. SQL 2008, 2014. OS Windows 7, 10.
- Tested new products and recommend the future of our networks.
- Level 3 support to our help desk, software engineers, and end users.
- Configured and installed routers, switches, wireless ap's, cisco phones, printers, and workstations.
- Managed company cell phones and iPads.
- Documented step - by-step procedures
- Disaster Recovery planning
- Extensive SSL experience.
- Azure, AWS, Veeam experience
Senior Network Engineer
- Hands-on experience working with Citrix including imaging, virtualization for PC’s, P to V for servers, creating images and netscalers for load balancing.
- Assigned group memberships depending on department needs and job titles.
- Control networks for 23 Medical Clinics.
- Managed domain, Installed/Configured Cisco 3560 switches
- Cisco Wireless LAN controller 4402 and 5508, an ASA 5520 and a 4510 in the core.
- CA products Unicenter, and antivirus, pest patrol. Cisco Works, Cisco VoIP. Exchange Server 2000. OS - 2000, XP, Vista. Windows 7 and Server 2000, 2003, 2008. Terminal services 2003, 2008. Safe word Cisco key fobs. Site to site VPN, and IPSEC.
- Secure Content Manager
- Customized usage reports of users on the network
- Set up new office networks
- Level 3 support to help desk
- Recommended and ordered new IT equipment
- Built servers to meet requirements of the new facilities
- Installed and maintained all IT equipment, wireless access points, servers, routers, switches and contacting vendors for service outages
- Applications - Allscripts EMR, Experior, Orchard, Paceart administration
- Built print and file servers
- Upgraded domain from 2000 - 2003 - 2008
- Set priorities for the IT Dept, managed day to day functions for the IT Dept.
- Kaspersky Antivirus, Barracuda Web Filtering. Office 2010, Open Office.
- Upgraded call manager from version 6 to version 8.5.
- Built CCR's for new expenses, ordered new IT equipment
- Managed workstations and servers including 3 remote sites
- Implemented and designed upcoming changes to the company. Administer AD 2003, Lotus Notes, Arc Serve, SharePoint.
- Built Pc's and servers with disaster recovery planning.
- Tested new hardware, ordered/maintained IT equipment and software, and supplies.
- Documented step by step procedures
- Administered Active Directory- set up group policies.
- Monitored McAfee virus scan, Nod32enterprise and Epolicy Orchestrator.
- Day to day network administration including
- Experience in Fourth Shift ERP software administration, Microsoft Access, SQL Server.
- Lotus Notes maintenance and support
- Telephony knowledge, VOIP
- Maintain supplier contracts, place purchase orders for all network related equipment
- Security upgrades, Anti-virus upgrades
- Cisco Routers, Dell Switches, Firewall and VPN connectivity
- Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 Server, 98, 2000, XP and Vista, Active Directory, Promo DC's, with DHCP scope building, exporting from 2000 to 2003. Setting up redundant DC's.
- Support desktop and mobile installations and remote offices
- Arc Serve backup, Veritas and Symantec software running on multiple servers
- Software & Hardware implementation, Maintenance and Upgrades
- OS experience of Windows 98/2000/XP and Vista for workstations
- Installed and maintained wireless, access points, wireless cards and routers
- Manage Firewalls, VPN's, One to One Nat. IIS and Terminal Services.
- Built network to facilitate the new practice.
- Installed and configured Cisco routers, switches, etc.
- Setup domain and configured active directory.
- Placed new sophos system for antivirus. Installed cisco access point throughout the building.