- Expertise in vSphere products including vCenter server, SSO, VUM, DRS, HA, vSS, vDS.
- Experience working on ESXi for version 4.5/5.0/5.1/5.5/6.0/6.5. Upgrading and configuring vCenter server from 5.0 to 6.0.
- Configuring vROPS and syncing multiple vCenter servers, creating custom dashboards using different metrics.
- Expertise with Windows Active Directory Administration, Windows /Wintel Server 2003, 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, GPO, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, Certificate Services and WINS and managing Microsoft SQL Server
- Having hands on experience in the field of system, Configuration Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Windows Server 2008/2012R2/2016.
- Designed and Implemented virtualization solutions based on VMware vSphere ESXi 6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1 , ESX 4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 platform, vCenter 6.0/5.5/5.1/5.0/4.0/2.5 and Vblock 100/200/300/700 series vMotion VM’s to different hosts and clusters. svMotion VM’s from Hitachi to PURE storage arrays.
- Configuring/creating vSS and adding port groups, assigning uplinks, creating uplink port groups. Creating vDS and installing VEM module for N1Kv. Connecting ESXi hosts to N1Kv and migrating virtual machine network.
- Expertise in Windows server Administration, DHCP, DNS, AD. Creating groups assigning permission.
- SCCM, SCOM 2008 experience monitoring environment and deployment packages to Windows boxes.
- Technical experience building and maintaining VMware, vSphere, Horizon View &vCenter environments working with VMware ESX/ESXi technologies using versions 4.5, 5.x, or 6.x
- Overseeing ongoing migration of current Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 environment configured for individual remote PC access to a VDI pilot program consisting of a Windows 7 based XenDesktop VDI image deployed via Machine Creation Services hosted on remote VMware cluster.
- Excellent skills in patching and hardening Win 7/Win 2003/2008/2012 servers using Windows Update and also by using the staged patches.
- Proficient knowledge in implementing and configuring enterprise IT systems Office365, Windows Server, Exchange Server, Lync, Skype for Business, VMware, Active Directory, Networking and other applications
- Experience Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, Windows Admin and VM Ware Administration
- Expertise with Windows Active Directory Administration, Windows /Wintel Server 2003, 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016, GPO, DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP and WINS and managing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience in installing and configuring applications in the IIS Environment
- Strong knowledge on Web servers (IIS 5.0/6.0/7.5/8.5 ), Web Services and FTP Services on Windows Environment
- Virtualizing desktop applications for use in a VDI environment through VMware ThinApp and App Volumes vSphere 4.0/5.0, Hyper - V, and Citrix Xen server. experience in Citrix and Microsoft, Citrix and Terminal Server environments, Proficient in Citrix NetScaler, Citrix Xen server, VMware virtualization, Hyper-V, storage design, Microsoft technologies, Network Infrastructure and VMWare ESX
- Knowledge of maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM)
- Successfully launched VMware Horizon View Related Applications like RDSH, Desktop pool, Application Pool, ThinApp, AppVolume, Workspace etc.
- Installed and configured instances of VMware's vRealize Configuration Manager (VCM
- Created, managed, and maintained VMware ThinApp, vROps, vRA, vRO, Cisco UCS, vRealize, VMWare AppVolume, VMWare vRealize, RDSH repositories/farms.
- Experience in automating applications using PowerShell Scripting
- Implementing, Maintaining AD Infrastructure as a service in Microsoft Azure cloud platform
- Exposures with Azure Active Directory compatibility. Extensive experience in deployment, migration, patching and troubleshooting of windows 2008 and 2012 R2 Domain Controllers in Active Directory.
- Monitoring the Active Directory Replication status of the Domain Controllers.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Azure Cloud and virtualization technologies.
- Results - driven, customer-focused, and articulate Senior Active Directory/Wintel Engineer.
- Experience in Implementation and Migration of Skype for Business, Lync 2010/2013, Exchange 2013/2010, Active Directory 2003/2008/2012 , System Center 2012 etc.
- Extensively worked on organizational setup, site creation and maintenance, workflows, data management, user management, migration and integrating existing systems successfully into the Office 365 environment with design requirements.
- Having Experience Configuring and managing AzureAD Connect, AzureAD, Microsoft Azure Active Directory
- Administration in advanced features of ESX/ESXi, vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA, DRS, Update Manager and concepts of SRM.
- Expertise on Netapp systems, iSCSi, NAS, Fiber channel. Creating Volumes, Quotas and Qtrees, and administering different FAS versions.
- Experience with Tools/Products: vROPs, ESX/ESXi 4.5/5.0/5.5/6.0/6.5 , DCUI, DNS, DHCP, AD, GPO’s, SCOM,SCCM, vCenter Server, WebClient, vSphere VUM, SSO, UCSM, DRA, HA, vSS, vDS.
Packaging and Scripting: Wise Package Studio, Install Shield, VB and batchscripting
Management HP: SIM 4.x, SCCM 2012- 2016, SMS, SCEP
Messaging Exchange: 2008 - 5.0, Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.x, 4.x
OS Imaging: OSD Via SCCM 2012, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010, Ghost Grid Computing Data Synapse Grid Server5.x
Programming and scripting: Python, SQL, VB scripting, PowerShell
Virtualization: vRealize Operations Manager6.0/6.5, VMware vSphere 6.0/5.5/5.1, vCenter,6.0/5.5 ESX/ ESXi 5/5.1/5.5,6.0 vCenter Update Manager 6.0, vSphere Client, VMware VMotion and Storage VMotion, vROps, vRA, vRO, Citrix,VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler, VMware Horizon, VMware High Availability, VMware Fault Tolerance, VMware Consolidated Backup and Veeam Backup and Replication
Productivity Software: Microsoft Office 365, 2010, 2007, 2003, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), Microsoft Project and Visio
Remote Management: SCCM Remote Tools, Remote Desktop, SMS Tools, HP iLo, KVM Tools.
Networking: Layer 2 and Layer 3 devices, TCP/IP protocols, firewalls, F5 load balancers (LTM)
Network management: Infoblox, SNMP, Cisco Works LMS, HP Open view, Solar winds, Ethereal
Enterprise Anti-Virus: Cylance, Trend Micro, Norton SEP, McAfee Build and Configuration Tool TFS 2012/2013/2015/2017 , VSTS, Jenkins
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Office 365, Microsoft Azure
Active Directory: Design, Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting. DC Migrations, Deploying & Troubleshooting GPOs. AD Certificate Services, Active Directory Federation Services, Active Directory Rights Management Services
Sr. VMware/Windows/Active Directory/UCS Consultant
- Responsible for the IT work and compliance job of the Insurance Firm. I am looking after hardware and software problems. Also, working with Software administration and Data communication system etc.
- Building Windows 2012 R2/ 2016 servers based on the company standards and decommissioning the servers.
- Administration of production servers, network infrastructure that includes Windows administration of Domain controllers, Migration activities, IIS web servers, File and print servers and terminal servers.
- Worked on vSphere (ESXi 6.0, VCSA 6.0). Installation, Citrix, Configuration and Administration of VMware ESXi 6.5, 6.0, 5.5, ESXi upgrades 5.5 to 6.0, VCenter upgrades 5.1, 5.5 to 6.0. Optimization of vSphere, Storage environments.
- Manage VDI environment using VMware Horizon View Client.
- Involved in designing both internal and external VMware View 4.5 & 4.6 VDI solutions to customer base.
- Deploy and manage VMware horizon view on CISCO UCS for deployment and failover clustered Hyper-V environments
- Worked on AD Hardening to secure the multiple forests and domains through GPOs.
- Manage and Administer Windows 2008, 2003, 2012 Exchange 2007, 2010, and IIS Servers.
- Participated in the engineering, planning, coordination, and installation of new or modified Windows 2008/2012R2/2016 Servers including Blade and SAN storage.
- Open ticket with VMware vendor and Troubleshoot issues coming in horizon VDI desktops
- Manage Virtual Machines using Virtual center and web access
- Handling The largest VMware Horizon View 6.2 and 7.1 Environment having 2 lakh VMs
- Configured and resolved Azure AD Connect sync issues.
- Having Experience of Creating and Managing the users and groups in Azure AD.
- Administering UCSM and creating SP and SPT’s for new UCS POD. Creating Boot Policies and modifying them to new SPT’s.
- Project lead for CMOS battery replacement to reduce any risks in the future within the UCS environment.
- Active Directory Domain consolidation and upgrade, Group Policy consolidation, User profile migration; responsible for escalated Active Directory cases and break/fix of Active Directory related issues, Users Profile, Group Policy, FRS, DFSR, DFSN, DNS, LDAP, DNS, DC Promo, and authentication.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Integration with Microsoft O365 Cloud/Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Assisted and provided guidance in application integration into Directory service including LDAP(S), and service account management.
- Experience with SCCM and SCOM in order to manage the deployment and security of devices and applications.
- Integration testing of repackaged application using SCCM 2012.
- Vulnerability management and mitigation by applying required patches using SCCM 2012. Manual configuration changes for Vulnerability Mitigation
- Worked with the migration team for migrating Exchange users to Office 365.
- Worked on HPSM to create changes, coordinate and implementing them. Following all company compliance and security to manage change controls.
- Coordinated with other teams on upgrading and merging vCenters and legacy applications from HP Proliant Environment to Cisco UCS environment.
- Storage Knowledge of setting and configuring of SAN, NAS, NetApp storage from Virtual platform end.
- Managed over 30+ vCenter servers among non-prod, pre-prod and prod environments. Configuring vCenter server 5.1 /5.5. Creating new host clusters and migrating servers in them. Creating data store clusters and assigning new LUNs in them, setting up DRS and SDRS.
- Managing Windows and Linux boxes within the vCenter. Assigning backup vLANs to configure automatic backup of production servers.
- Project lead for storage migrations, migrating storage from VSP to VMAX datastore LUNs for EOL storage migration projects. Configuring FCoE and iSCSi protocols to setup storage arrays
Sr. Windows VMware Storage Consultant
- Project lead/implementer for installing vCenter server and upgrading ESXi hosts from 5.1 to 6.0. Created step by step documentation for team members.
- Migrating VM’s to have successful load balance with cluster. Setting up HA/DRS in multiple clusters. Adjusting DRS threshold to customize the performance level for SQL clusters.
- Administering environment with 5000+ VM’s, managing VM’s, troubleshooting and providing support for customers have issues with their VM’s.
- Setup Backup from FAS3270 to FAS3240 using SnapVault. Installed and configured the Device Manager on different fabrics like Cisco and brocade on different environment for Zoning mapping & lun masking purpose.
- Implemented Data Fabric Manager for Administration and Monitoring task.
- Managed the overall administration of Windows System applications.
- Worked on Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Document and maintain IT Operations manual, which adheres to ISO policies.
- Installing, configuring and managing Windows 2003, 2008 and ESX4.x, ESXi 5.x Servers.
- ESX 4.0/4.1, ESXi 5.0 and 5.1 installation, conducting CPU load tests on the host and HP systems insight manager (SIM) installation.
- Integrating ESX/ESXi hosts to v-center, applying and managing host profiles and checking for profile compliance.
- Installation and configuration of VMware VSphere 4.0, ESX 3.5 on a Dell 2950 Power Edge M1000, VMware Infrastructure Client, VMware Virtual Center, License Server and VCB Setup.
- Hardening of virtual/host servers as per Microsoft group policy mandates to ensure information security in cloud infrastructure.
- Managed domain controller security - AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP in Windows Server Environment
- Worked on building, configuring and maintaining the solutions utilizing VMware, Automation and VMware NSX.
- Resource Management- Configuring VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for VMotion- migrations between ESX Servers.
- Updated the Patches for ESX Servers using VMware Update Manager in Virtual Center.
- Active Directory, GPO and WSUS administration on Wintel platforms.
- Rollout of Cisco Security Agent; Confidential, and using VMWare ESX in a Wintel LAB environment. Implementation of File Server disaster recovery plan using Veritas Backup Exec. Along with
- Technical authoring, including infrastructure design and architecture (Server, DMZ, Virtualization, Storage, Network, Database, Security and Governance. Azure Storage development and design utilizing Blobs, Pages, Queues, Tables and VM's.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure Express Route for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- The Configuration Manager is responsible for all Wintel computers on the network (MS 2003 Wintel Servers w/Active Directory and GPO, along with XP workstations),
- Implemented large-scale Active Directory/Exchange 2007/2010, Lync 2010 configuration, migration.
- Worked on OS upgrades in Windows Server 2008 environment to Windows Server 2012
- Provided Active Directory Management and Support at Enterprise level.
- Provided support and administration of the Active Directory (AD) in a Windows 2008/2012 Server distributed environment
- Open required ports and protocols to correct functionality of services and applications
- Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Operating System issues, network connectivity, upgrades, MS Office products and Internet connectivity.
- Spearhead cross-functional initiative to implement ITIL framework.
- Troubleshooting SCCM Infrastructure issues in Package Distribution and Advertisement Status
- SCCM Site Server configuration & troubleshooting.
- Virtual Machine Provisioning: Virtual Machine (VM) Provisioning simplifies the process of VM creation in a Virtualized environment, eliminating the intervention of the System Administrator.
- Incorporating the offering eliminated the IT Support Analyst’s manual efforts as the automated scripts created the user with all necessary attributes in AD & MS-Exchange.
- Upgrading/ downgrading BIOS and ILO Firmware, performing memory test, updating ESX drivers and configuring server profiles.
- 24x7 on-call rotation for support of production systems and trips to data-center for trouble shooting.
- Creating, updating and managing project documentation.
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions.
- Worked on Windows server 2003 and 2008, providing troubleshooting to end customers having latency issues. Configured NIC’s and setup IP addresses to fix IP/network related issues.
- Created new groups in AD and assigned minimal permission to end users due to restrictions.
- Managed vCenter environment, creating OVA/OVF of VM’s, migrating VM’s to other vCenters, Cloning and creating snapshots of VM’s for major upgrades.
- Used VUM server to remediate non-compliant ESXi servers. Managed route paths to round robin to maximize efficiency.
- Administration of VMware ESX and ESXi Servers on HP Chassis 7000, DL380P GN8.
- Physical Servers to Virtual Server and Virtual to virtual - using VMware Converter
- Wrote PowerShell scripts and used them to manage VMware environment
- P2V and V2V conversions by using VMware Standalone Converter, PlateSpin & Double Take.
- Checking for the server, in Zenoss and bringing them up and running which were stopped unexpectedly or that were put into maintenance mode coordinating with the functional owner’s
- Installed and configured IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0 Web services and Cluster services.
- Managed HP server’s environment and troubleshooting servers from KVM console. Administering/configuring servers from HP iLO.
- Assisting multiple infrastructure teams to fix issues, on call rotations to provide 24/7 support to end customers.