- An IT professional with over 10 years of experience in engineering, administration, implementation, network monitoring and management, analysis, escalation support, documentation, configuration and troubleshooting for medium to global enterprise environments which includes proficiency in routing, routing protocols, switching, security and firewall management, wireless, voice, data center technologies.
- Cisco Routers (3900, 2900, 1900, 800 Series), Cisco Catalyst Switch (6500, 5500, 4900, 4500, 3750, 3560 - X, 3100), Cisco Nexus 1kv, 2k, 5k Series, Juniper, WAN, LAN, TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, Spanning Tree Protocol, BPDU, CDP, ACL, NAT, PAT, RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, OSPFv3, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VTP, SNMP, SMTP, ARP, TCP, UDP, Static Routing, Stub Routing, VRF, Multicast routing, HSRP, VXLANs, VLAN, VLAN Trunking, SVI, CEF, Etherchannel, Portfast, Virtual Switch System (VSS), Virtual Port Channel (vPC).
- Cisco Security Manager Suite, Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls, Cisco FWSM, Cisco IPS/IDS, Checkpoint Firewalls R55/R60 NGX, Cisco ASA 1000V cloud firewall.
- AAA, RADIUS, SSH, VPN, IPSec, SSL/IPSec, Data Loss Prevention, Data Management Zone, Pretty Good Protection (PGP), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Internet Key Exchange Policy, Port Security, MAC Address Filtering, Ethernet, 568-A/B, Straight-Through/Crossover/Rollover cabling, SFP, GBIC, 802.1Q, 802.1AQ, 802.1AX, 802.3ad.
- VMware VSphere, VCenter Server Appliance, VMware ESXi Hypervisor, F5 Big-IP load balancing (GTM/LTM), Cisco AnyConnect VPN mtg, Cisco IPS/IDS.
- Cisco WLC, IEEE 802.1x & 802.11, WLAN, WAP, AP, SSID, LWAPP, Cisco Aironet AP.
- Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP), VoIP/SIP, Cisco Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, CUCM, RTP, SCCP, SRTP, Quality of Service (QoS), PoE, CSMA/CA, MMDS, LMDS, CCK, DSSS.
- Wireshark, Cacti, Nagios, VMware, Solarwinds, Cisco Security Manager Suite, Server, Sniffer, Ethereal, Orion, Splunk Enterprise, SNMPv2c, SNMPv3, DNS, DHCP, FTP, Telnet, HTTP(S), SMTP, tunneling protocols, PTP, SFTP, RDP.
- Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS X, Linux, Mainframe, SQL, Oracle, CA Unicenter, Service Desk, Remedy, Peoplesoft, Vantive, CRM, CMS, HTML, CSS, Scripting, Regex, vi (VIM), Adobe Creative Suite.
- Responsibilities include management of various teams to facilitate the creation of new Consumer product invention. Management of vendor relationships and triage of associated technology challenges were a key part of this role. Managed Product design and engineering for manufacture.
- Other project work includes implementation, configuration, and support of Cisco based routing/switching network (NEXUS 5k/2k, ASA5500 series, Cisco VOIP, Cisco Wireless), network monitoring (Solarwinds, Nagios), F5 load-balancing. Some Juniper/JunOS implementation and configuration (EX2200).
Senior Enterprise Support Analyst
- Member to a team responsible for 2nd and 3rd tier client/technical support, scripting, administration, monitoring, network support and troubleshooting for various LAN/WAN network infrastructures which included heterogeneous system environments.
- Technologies handled by the team include but not limited to local area network (LAN) technologies, wide area network (WAN) technologies, server and enterprise applications and desktop technologies.
- Specific technologies were Linux/Unix, windows and Mainframe platforms, SQL/XPATH database querying, bash scripting and Python program code modification.
- Professional responsibilities included administration, mentor, training, documentation, following policies and procedures and scheduling as needed reports to management.
Information Security Analyst
- Lead/Change Coordinator to a team of professionals responsible for 1st and 2nd tier support, client/vendor relationships, change management, understanding of internet protocols, implementation, configuration, validation, maintenance and troubleshoot activities on various LAN/WAN firewall infrastructures.
- Technologies handled by the team include but not limited to Checkpoint firewall rule base changes, PIX firewall (later replaced by ASAs) and training clients on networking concepts.
- Specific tools used were command line utilities such as tcpdump, netstat (windows) and an understanding of various Internet protocols; and on the GUI side, apps such as Checkpoint R55/R60 NGX Suite of products (Policy Editor, Log View) were used and Etherpeek/Wireshark for troubleshooting.
- Professional responsibilities included administration, training, documentation, following corporate policies and procedures and as the Change Coordinator representing the firewall changes during Management meetings.