- Around 9+ years of IT experience as Cloud/DevOps Engineer, Linux Administrator, System Administrator in SCM, Build/Release Management with Continuous Integration(CI) & Continuous Deployment/Delivery(CD) as an iterative process and Automation of infrastructure including end - to-end code configuration using different tools, and cloud services like AWS, Azure, OpenStack.
- Hands on experience in Azure Development, worked on Azure web application, App services, Azure storage, Azure SQL Database, Virtual machines. Experience in using Azure service fabric to package, deploy, and manage scalable and reliable microservices and containers.
- Experience in designing, configuring and deploying solutions on Microsoft Azure using ARM Templates, AZURE PowerShell Module and, Azure CLI focusing on high-availability and auto-scaling.
- Experience in migrate an On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM Subscription with Azure Site Recovery. Hands on experience on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, end point security and firewalls.
- Experience in using helm chart to deploy Kube objects (template) in Continuous Integration and deployment.
- Experience in Azure Services like PaaS, IaaS and has worked on storages like Blob (Page and Block), SQL Azure. Worked on deploying & configuration management and Virtualization.
- Experience in Amazon Cloud Services (AWS) and its features (AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, APIs, Route 53, snapshots, Auto scaling, Cloud Formation, Lambda, SES, SQS, SNS, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Watch, S3).
- Experience in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon kinesis. Developed, deployed, and managed event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions.
- Containerized legacy .net framework apps and migrated them from On-Prem to cloud with AWS cloud.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Managing security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling using Terraform templates. Along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with AWS Lambda and AWS Code Pipelines.
- Proficient Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, Config Maps, selector, Services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Experience in configuring and managing the container using Docker, run multiple Applications by Docker Compose and used to Docker Weave for Network communication between Containers.
- Hands on experience with Docker to manage micro services for development and testing, and deployments to multiple servers in testing and production environments using Jenkins, Git and Docker.
- Developed, Enhanced and maintained the build, deployment and configurations for continuous integration and automate regression and acceptance testing.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to install and configure Apache Tomcat, Splunk, Rundeck and deployment automation and Integrated Jenkins, Rundeck and Chef.
- Experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes and wrote many playbooks to manage Web applications.
- Experience in creating Puppet modules and manifest files from scratch and experience in editing existing puppet manifests and automated manual installation processes using puppet.
- Expert at building the code in Maven, controlling the source code using Git, continuously integrating and deploying the code using Jenkins. Experience with Build Management tools like Ant and Maven.
- Experience in writing custom plugins in Jenkins and SonarQube utilizing REST APIs and plugin interfaces. Also, got experience on working with DevOps, Build, Release of Java based applications.
- Integrated Jenkins with Vault to encrypt/decrypt data and store API keys, Database credentials and environment variables.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, clear case, Stash used Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, GIT Bash, GitHub.
- Experience in using different log monitoring tools like Splunk, ELK (Elasticsearch, Log Stash, and Kibana) to see logs information. Monitor & get the health & security notifications from nodes. Created monitors, alarms & notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch.
- Experience in JIRA for ticketing and as well as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- Solid understanding of Python, Linux Shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows, build and release engineering principles.
- Hands on experience in writing Python, YAML, JSON, Shell Scripting, Bash to automate the deployments.
- Designed and implemented micro-services architecture and RESTful web services. Experience with migration of .NET to micro services architectures.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Analytical, innovative, and solutions-oriented professional with IT expertise in designing highly available, cost-efficient, and fault-tolerant solutions.
Cloud platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Openstack, PCF
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesos
Virtualization Platforms: Oracle VM Virtual Box, Vagrant, Hyper-V and VMware
Application/Web Servers: Amazon AWS, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, VMware
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash/Shell Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, PHP, JSON
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
Configuration Management tool: Ansible, chef, puppet
Build & Integration tool: Ant, Maven, Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, Ubuntu
Logging & Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Cloud watch, ELK, Dynatrace
Databases: MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8/10.0, Mango DB, DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS, LDAP
Issue Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest, I-Track
Confidential - St Louis, Missouri
Sr. Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks that will automate specific tasks. Deployed Azure AD Connect, configuring ADFS authentication flow, ADFS installation using Azure AD Connect.
- Managed Azure infrastructure Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office 365. Virtual Machine Backup and Recover from a Recovery Services Vault using Azure Power Shell and Portal.
- Created Azure PowerShell script for APIM backup and restore operations. Created several SQL scripts as part of bug fixes to provide immediate solutions for some of the common issues.
- Involved in managing Private Cloud and Hybrid cloud configurations and practices in Windows Azure, SQL Azure, Azure Web and Database deployments. Hands on experience with building and installing servers through Azure Resource Manager Templates (ARM).
- Azure IaaS virtual machines (VMs) and Cloud services (PaaS role instances) into secure VNets and subnets, designed VNets and subscriptions to conform to Azure Network Limits. Created Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines. Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Involved in migrating On-premises Instances or Azure Classic Instances to Azure ARM subscription with Azure site Recovery.
- Worked with Azure Express Route to create private connections between Azure datacenters and infrastructure for on premises and in co-location environment.
- Created Storage Pool and Stripping of Disk for Azure Virtual Machines. Backup Configure and Restore Azure Virtual Machine using Azure Backup.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained an Enterprise AWS backup, recovery and disaster recovery strategy and use Cross Region Replication (CRR) to back-up the databases.
- Administered the AWS environments in a multitier platform to achieve the HIPAA compliance. Integrated Elastic Search (ELK) with AWS deployment to collect data from all database servers.
- Supported Data analytics team with AWS integrating the Docker, created custom Docker Images and built various containers integrating Docker engine and Docker Management Platform, to deploy the code-services oriented environments for scalable applications.
- Building and shipping Docker images to support Development and Testing environments and their pipelines; distributed Azure DevOps, Selenium and JMeter, and Elastic Search, Kibana and Logstash (ELK & EFK).
- Provisioning servers/instances using infrastructure as code using Terraform. Code is stored in a private repository and constantly updated.
- Implemented cluster services with Docker and Kubernetes to manage local deployments in Kubernetes by building a self-hosted Kubernetes cluster using Terraform and Ansible and deploying application containers.
- Prototype CI/CD system with Git on GKE utilizing Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD systems to build, test and deploy.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, managed Kubernetes manifest files and created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes application.
- Configuration Automation and Centralized Management with Ansible. Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the build/configuration of new servers.
- Worked with playbooks, tasks, roles, facts and templates for VAR files and also configured files by conditions by keeping dynamic values and triggering YAML files in Ansible.
- Defined and managed release planning and branching strategy of GIT servers. Also, helped educate engineering community on the appropriate use of GIT.
- Generated reports using JIRA for creating projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the project and created mail handlers and notifications schemes for JIRA.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Configured and maintained Linux virtualization in test and prod environment using VMware, vSphere, Client and HPSA for Red Hat Linux OS installation.
- Developed, implemented, and maintained an Enterprise Oracle backup, recovery and disaster recovery strategy and use Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) to back-up the databases.
- Implemented Automated Application Deployment to Infrastructure using Python (OOP) and Perl (OOP) for Network Function Virtualization products releases and regression tests.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases. Build and Deployed Applications in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
Environment: Azure, Azure DevOps, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Artifactory, Ansible & GitLab, Python, JIRA, Apache Tomcat Server, WebLogic, WebSphere, Shell, GIT, Linux.
Confidential - Philadelphia, PA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication. Created AWS RDS Aurora DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS Aurora DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Involved in designing and deploying applications utilizing all the AWS stack including Route53, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, LAMBDA, Code Deploy, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS cloud formation Templates.
- Extensively worked on AWS tasks such as migrating applications to Cloud, importing volumes, optimizing EC2, configuring and migrating to RDS, S3 storage, creating security groups, auto-scaling, elastic load balancers (ELBs) and DNS.
- Setting up AWS Oracle RDS databases for new project, use data pump to migrate data to Relational Database Services (RDS).
- Utilized various AWS services like Key Pairs, Security Groups, Network Access Control Lists, AWS Key Management Services for secure the passwords/secrets and access.
- Configured and maintained the AWS Lambda function to trigger when there is a Jenkins build kicked off, which internally gets stored on AWS S3 bucket for everybody to access. Created Route53 to route traffic between different regions. Worked with Security groups & Network ACLs.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service.
- Settled issues identified with OpenStack components MySQL DB, RabbitMQ, Repose, HA Proxy and Horizon by considering consistency tests along all final services and implementing service-related metrics.
- Exercised Kibana 4 for accessibility of dashboards for cloud operations that helped monitor the performance of OpenStack components and provided SSL encryption for client requests as well as requests to and from Elasticsearch.
- Supported multiple Kubernetes clusters running in various Amazon accounts and regions for the Kubernetes Platform running on CentOS and RedHat Linux.
- Integrated container systems like Docker and container orchestration like EC2 Container Service, Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and microservice container orchestration.
- Implemented Docker to provision workers dynamically as needed. Created and maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository build images. Handled multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations. Installation and configuration of ELK stack (Log Management tool) in both legacy and Docker swarm mode.
- Constructed private cloud infrastructure of OpenStack, deploying through Chef, and maintaining them in production.
- Created OpenStack Heat Templates for launching VM's to be used as Jenkins Slave nodes for individual jobs.
- Automated CI/CD with Jenkins, build-pipeline-plugin, Maven, GIT Set up Jenkins master/worker to distribute builds on salve nodes.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Chef. Adding vSphere to nova compute nodes and Manage and troubleshoot the Nova Compute and Controller Services.
- Deploying the OpenStack components on multi-node with High availability environment.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on premises chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using terraform module for chef provisioner.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams and implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation. Converted existing AWS infrastructure to serverless architecture (AWS Lambda, Kinesis) deployed via Terraform & AWS Cloud formation.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven as build tool and automated the build and deploy processes using Jenkins. Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson, Build Forge for continuous integration and End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated Elastic Search (ELK) with AWS deployment using Ansible to collect data from all database server
- Setup GIT repo server to keep the source code for code management. Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Ubuntu Linux using Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Implemented and support Splunk Indexers, Indexing and Field extractions using Splunk IFX, Forwarders, light weight forwarders and Splunk web for Splunk 5.x or search heads for Splunk 5.x/6.X to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Web servers.
- Installed and supervised Middleware tools through Chef such as WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, Apache, Tomcat, Active MQ and other web-oriented application.
- Performed Linux kernel memory upgrades and swaps area. RedHat Linux Kickstart Installation Sun Solaris Jumpstart Installation. Configuring DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS in Sun Solaris and other Network services.
- Created, managed, and provided oversight of the access control policies and corresponding roles and responsibilities for business application owners and provisioning parties. Provide guidance on compliance with access policies while staying informed of client efforts.
- Understood client's requirements and integrated plugins with build service infrastructure. Created and executed Software Release Management strategies for different applications in agile process.
Environment: OpenStack, AWS, Git, Ant, Jenkins, Chef, Maven, WebSphere 7.x/8.x, JBOSS GA7/EAP6, Apache, Tomcat, vSphere, SonarQube, Python, BASH, Shell, Ruby, Perl, Splunk 5.x/6.x, Elasticsearch, Jira, Confluence.
- Created and Worked with Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53) and managing security groups on AWS, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Worked on POC for Deploying the AWS infrastructure using CloudFormation. Created and configured Redshift Cluster for data-warehousing responsible for Security, included opening different ports on security groups and Network ACL. Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Support Design and implementation of the continuous delivery pipeline, using continuous integration, continuous delivery and automated environment provisioning.
- Written Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual process.
- Setup and maintained automated environment using Chef Recipes within AWS environment. Good understanding of Knife, Chef Bootstrap process etc.
- Provisioning and Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments
- Configuring the build and release activities on both enterprise level and web applications.
- Providing continuous improvement to agile software development teams by working with Jenkins under the CI/CD pipeline. Integrated Ant, Nexus, Jenkins, SVN, Confluence and JIRA.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, SVN.
- Used Version Control tool, SVN to create branches and implement parallel development process. Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Python Scripting in DevOps, to model and manage the entire application from load balancers to a database
- Developed Shell Scripts and Perl for automation of the build and release process.
- Created artifact documents through the source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository. Implemented Disaster recovery project on AWS using various DevOps automation for CI/CD.
- Built and managed a highly available monitoring infrastructure to monitor different application servers and its components using Nagios with Puppet automation. Involved in editing the existing ANT files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Collaborate with infrastructure team, software engineers, business analysts, and other company stakeholders assemble prerequisites and execute frameworks to meet business and technical objectives, SLAs, availability needs, and capacity requirements including high availability, farms/clusters, and disaster recovery.
Environment: AWS, Linux, Perl, Python, Chef, Jenkins, PHP, Ruby, JIRA, GIT, Vagrant, SVN, Nexus, JIRA, Java, ANT, RHEL 6.7/6.8/7.1/7.2, Bash, C#, PowerShell, NT Command Shell, Nagios
- Administration of RHEL 5/6 that includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading, and loading patches, troubleshooting both physical and virtual server issues.
- Installed and configured SSH, SFTP, NDM, EMC Power path, Veritas Dynamic multipathing, Oracle client, SAMBA utility software. Used various networking tools such as SSH, telnet, rlogin, FTP, sftp and ping to troubleshoot daily networking issues.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache Tomcat server, mail servers, and Oracle, MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities and Linux network, security-related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall and TCP wrapper.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Administered various Red Hat Linux Distributions with use of Kickstart in order to monitor, scale, maintain and plan capacity of Servers.
Environment: RHEL 5/6, Samba, Linux VM, Solaris 9/10, Bash/shell, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, MySQL, Oracle, Apache, VMware.
- Installed and configured Linux virtual machines, standalone servers for various applications via kickstart.
- Administered using tools like SSH, Telnet, performed troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP & active directory.
- Creating the shell scripts to automate cron jobs and scheduling these jobs by creating cron tabs.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Developed automation and scripting in Python to deploy some applications.
- Maintain and administer Active Directory Servers, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis responsible for daily operational duties.
- Troubleshooting and administering High Availability using VERITAS Cluster Server on various business critical database & application production servers.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the Corporate Linux. servers RHEL 4x, 5.x, SOLARIES 9, CENTOS 5.x.
Environment: Red Hat Linux (RHEL 4/5), Red Hat cluster servers, RPM, YUM, Cent OS, Oracle, MySQL, LVM, DNS, NFS, NIS.