- Over the past thirty - five years Mr. Himmelrich has worked in most areas of information technology. His career started aggressively becoming one of the first certified network engineers for Novell.
- While working as a network engineer, he was recognized with a national award by the LAN Times. Over the past twenty years he has worked in hybrid roles, which included Program/Portfolio/Project Manager, Data/Business Analyst, Consultant, and various lead PMO roles.
- He has managed up to 15 direct reports and built teams in infrastructure, data/business analytics and dashboard reporting.
- Business Process/Workflows - BPM/iGraFx, Splunk SPL, PPM/Workbench/Service Desk - MS Project/Project Server
- Advanced MS Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/SharePoint/Visio - VB - Salesforce - PowerBI - Agile - TFS
- Jira/Service Desk/Kanban/Product Owner - CPM - SDLC - ITIL - Data Warehouse (Cube/Universes) - Business Objects
- Crystal Reporting - Tableau - Azure/AWS/Google Cloud - Active Directory - Office 365 - WAN/LAN*Voice/Data
- Remedy/Service Now - SAP - Level 1/2/3 Support - Pivot Tables/Macros (MS)
- Lead Splunk Logging for all of infrastructure, applications and middleware for the Confidential Enterprise.
- Successfully lead/create “stranger ready” documentation for all procedures and processes for risk management / business process management of Splunk Logging
- Pass “Test of Design” and “Test of Performance” for Enterprise Logging against enterprise policy and regulators.
- Product Owner for Kanban Team on the Jira platform
- Mentor and train staff technically and functionally for a career path in IT (business analyst/analytics)
- Lead team to work with risk management in creating and adhering to logging policy, maintaining Splunk Logging narrative procedures and process, as well as monitoring and reporting metric controls
- Lead team to perform monthly certifications and reviews for applications and middleware that are required to log to Splunk
- Lead team to create reports and dashboards in Excel/SharePoint and migrate to MS Report Builder / SSRS and ultimately Tableau
- Lead team to perform daily/monthly gap analysis to reconcile logs not being ingested into Splunk
- Daily work with and have a deep knowledge of SORs and the following software – Remedy, Netcool, Jira/Service Desk, Azure, AWS, TFS, SharePoint, SSMS/SSRS, Oracle Developer, MS Report Builder, SQL, Tableau, Agile, BPM, SDLC and Confluence
- Create, mentor, and facilitate peer reviews for BRDs, QA, User and technical stories, use cases, diagrams, workflows, data models, requirements traceability matrix, RACI, test scripts, and BPM (business flows)
- Administrate / Custom configuration and development of SharePoint
Lead Operations Systems Engineer/Principal Analyst
- Work with leadership and risk to create automated Remedy ticketing when Splunk logs were not received within policy guidelines.
- Create executive and analytical decks; other reports for Splunk remedy incident tickets, preventative action efforts, root cause analysis and vendor cases.
- Utilize SDLC, Scrum/Agile to drive successful sunrise/sunset enterprise software installs/upgrades using Jira or TFS
- Create risk documentation, sustainment plans, BRDs, RFPs, RACIs, SOW, SOP, workflow diagrams and other project or risk management artifacts that pass audit compliance.
- Perform lifecycle management reviews of all software to manage and govern security, demand management, security plans, patching schedules, licensing and vulnerabilities.
- Escalate incidents as needed to various support team members for remediation, follow up and RCA
- Make recommendations on changes for Splunk auto ticketing based on analyzing reports
- Create run books for all reporting and production support of Splunk and automate reporting on SSRS environment (document my role)
- Facilitate bi-weekly meetings with stakeholders an Aggregate feedback from stakeholders and make recommendations for process changes and identify challenges
- Perform Splunk Searches for researching devices and backfilling meta data
- Perform staff evaluations, goal setting, 360 performance reviews, weekly team meetings, team skill and communication building
Principal Business Analyst
- Act as SME within Remedy Knowledge Base, Documentum (DMS) and SharePoint.
- Solicit high level requirements and create a high-level approach document including background, scope, key objectives, proposed technologies, high level process, challenges, pros and cons, risks, key deliverables, timeline, next steps and terms.
- Present to senior leadership PowerPoint Decks, which included high level approach and other detail progress reports
- Provided weekly updates in formal format to senior leadership
- Manage overall project work streams
- Work with key stakeholders to identify bank policy and governance that would impact project at a detail level
- Identify and track all existing and non-existing documents and provide dash boarding on progress within SharePoint
- Work the project in an agile format where I built out SharePoint, configured the Remedy Knowledge Base and Documentum
- Completely defined overall process with a final guideline document (Remedy Supporting Remedy), and a run book instructing provider/consumer of “how-to” utilize the document management solution to maintain up-to-date documentation on the Remedy application customizations.
Director of Operations
- Take an on-premise IT environment to a cloud solution (Azure, Salesforce, QuickBooks, O365, 8X8)
- Manage and mentor webmaster, marketing and sales staff through the direction of the CEO.
- Administrator for Windows 2008 Server, Azure, Salesforce, QuickBooks, O365 and 8X8
- Develop and monitor metrics for determining the performance of the company (production/manufacturing, shipping, IT, service, sales and marketing).
- Prototyped metrics in Excel and Access for initial reporting and then ported reporting to PowerBI dashboards and SSRS/SSIS (Salesforce/QuickBooks/8X8/Google Analytics).
- Created and administered cloud base SharePoint site and utilized it to migrate all data from on premise server.
- Create, present and work an IT Roadmap for moving the infrastructure to a cloud base solution and eventually having a master data set.
Principal Business/Data Analyst
- Provide a deep knowledge of technological trends, the business and technical infrastructure landscape and use this knowledge to bring solutions to improve business results to the divisions/functions, and IT leadership
- Manage infrastructure projects from conception to implementation using multiple methodologies including SDLC, Agile and Six Sigma.
- Prototype reporting in MS Excel and MS Access and then migrate into environments such as Business Objects, CA Service Desk, Remedy Service Desk, SSRS/SSIS, Tableau, and data warehouse (Cube/Universes/Big Data)
- Work in the following key core process areas: availability management, user provisioning, PMO portfolio management, incident/request management, and project deliver
Principal Business/Data Analyst & Infrastructure Planning
- Create and maintain roadmaps, status reports, project plans and track key milestones.
- Partner with service delivery, data center and network operation teams to review and improve reporting based on data available
- Develop strategy for obtaining data from several feeds in a variety of formats (Excel, SQL, SharePoint, Remedy/Discover, HP Network Administrator, ReportPro and legacy data sources) to create ETLs for new SQL DB.
- Create SQL DB schema and maintain it for collecting current data and storing history for analysis and providing demand/forecast/predictive models/projections for physical/virtual servers, network and storage requirements for the entire infrastructure, which includes new projects and the enterprise infrastructure.
- Provide extensive reporting on changes month-over-month, quarter-over-quarter, year-over-year to forecast changes by location, application and project.
- Provide self-service reporting on SSRS and detailed reporting with Tableau.
- Provide budgeting reports based on demand forecast and projection reports.
- Create, present and facilitate the review of an executive monthly PowerPoint deck to present high level to detailed level forecast and projections for the entire infrastructure, which also included “actuals” vs. “forecast” and projection.
- Create and refine forecast and projection methodology models.
- Further refine, enhance and change reporting based on feedback and partnering with service delivery, data center and network operation teams.
- Onboard other components of the infrastructure and in corporate them into the monthly reporting cycle (i.e. ports, decoms, racks and power requirements).