- Over 7 Years of Specialized IT experience in AIX/Linux/Solaris/Windows/Cloud/Splunk.
- System Administration experience on Installation, Configuration, Maintenance, and Administration of RHEL 4, 5, 6, Sun Solaris 8,9,10, and Windows.
- Experienced with Server Virtualization using VMWare, AWS and OracleVM.
- Experienced with different Storage Designs such as Direct Attached Storage (DAS), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Experienced on Task Scheduling/Cronjobs, Systems backup and OS installation using Jumpstart for RHEL and Kickstart for Solaris.
- Experience in configuration of DNS, DHCP, NFS, LVM, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, security management and Security trouble shooting skills.
- Experienced with Disk Management Tools such as SVM, ZFS, VxVM in Solaris and LVM in RHEL.
- Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP and LVM.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud infrastructure which includes VMware, AWS, Rackspace, OpenStack and Azure.
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet Server. Configured and monitored distributed and multi - platform servers using Puppet.
- Experience with Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, VPC Auto scaling, Cloud Front & Formation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch.
- Worked with Amazon IAM (Identity and Access Management) console to create custom users and groups.
- Experience setting up and maintaining auto-scaling AWSstacks (using cloud formation and scripting).
- Experience in managing DNS using Route 53 of AWS.
- Excellent knowledge of Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services (AWS) from Datacenter.
- Extensive experience monitoring the servers using Nagios, ELK and Cacti.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), and Perforce.
- Expertise in Branching, Tagging, building code from repositories like GIT, Perforce, SVN (Subversion).
- Developed build and deployment Scripts MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Wrote MAVEN and ANT Scripts automate the build process
- Extensive experience using Maven and Ant as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experience with build tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xmls and pom.xmls respectively.
- Worked in Agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration and continuous Delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins.
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Setup ANT script based jobs in Jenkins and Worked with Jenkins Pipelines.
- Experience in using configuration management tools like Chef, Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef Attributes and Ohai.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experience in designing and implementing configuration management system using Ansible.
- Delivering customer on-boarding solutions based on Ansible to ensure customer adoption of solutions and products.
- Delivered webinars and presentations based on automation solutions based on Ansible.
- Deploy Openstack environments through automated tools Ansible custom pipeline.
- Experience is using Microsoft Azure, Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and Web Sphere Application servers for deployment.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl Scriptsto automate the deployments.
- Experienced with Nagios, Cloud Watch as IT Infrastructure Monitoring tool and knowledge on Splunk.
- Experienced with Python, and Shell Scripting Languages and passionate about learning new scripting languages on demand.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue track.
- Experience in managing automated multiple continues, Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi-component Environment.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, self-motivated, dedicated and understanding the demands of 24/7 system maintenance and has good customer support experience.
- Strong appetite for learning new technologies with positive attitude.
Platforms: Linux (Red Hat 4.x, 5.x, 6.x), Unix (Solaris 8,9,10,11), Windows
Programming Languages: C, C++, Core Java, Java Script, Linux, Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby
Networking: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMB, SMTP, SSH, NTP, TCP/IP, NIS, DNS,DHCP, LDAP, LAN, WAN, Routers/Switches Nagios, Dynatrace and Splunk
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER and SQL.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Involved in installing, administrating and supporting more than 300 servers including but not limited to Solaris 8/9/10, RHEL 4/5/6/7
- Worked on monitoring tools to configure Nagios, splunk.
- Worked on configuring Alerting mechanisms with
- Set up the GIT synchronization for Django (Python based web framework) based applications.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Worked on Apache, Ant and Maven.
- Worked on installing, configuring and deploying Openstack solutions.
- Worked with Linux performance tuning to add tuning parameters to the kernel and optimize the kernel.
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure of AWS (Amazon Web Services) and computing AMI virtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Regularly updated all software and operating systems on the instances running in EC2, to eliminate security loopholes.
- Build and Release management - GIT, Maven, Jenkins administration, Nexus.
- Worked on AIX to Linux migration from IBM AIX 6.1 to Rhel 6.6.
- Creating metadb, soft partitions, and RAID levels using sun Solaris Volume Manager.
- Act as a liaison for higher levels of technical support and manage technical escalation.
- Check server resiliency by performing stress test on the machines.
- Install & configure Apache Web server, Tomcat, Weblogic Application servers to meet the business user’s needs and requirements.
- Worked with RDBMS (MySQL), NoSQL (MongoDB), Django, Apache httpd.
- Installed, configured and supported Jboss app server 4.x.
- Worked on installing, configuring and deploying Openstack solutions. Worked on AIX to redhat migration.
- Worked on Nagios Dashboard with creating custom alerts and plugins with Nagios.
- Worked on creating plugins to monitor application filesystems.
- Worked on AWS opswork, AWS cloudformation and cloud foundry.
- Worked on puppet to create manifests and Modules to automate deployments and install rpm’s.
- Worked on AWS Code deploy, AWS lambda, AWS RDS
- Worked on migrating Vmware to EC2 instances
- Worked on AWS VPC, AMI and IAM roles.
- Worked on creating and maintaining of ZFS file systems.
- Worked on migrating Redhat machines from RHEL 6 to RHEL 7.
- Initialized Solaris 10/11 using jumpstart, Red Hat using kickstart with TPM (Tivoli Provisioning Manager), and configuration management with puppet and chef.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 5.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Installed Patches/Packages on Solaris Servers and RPM packages on Linux Servers.
- Responsible for Designing SANarchitecture, monitoring SAN disk.
- Used LVM for creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring, fixed the problem of Stale and partially mirrored Logical volumes.
- Used vCloud Automation center for triggering new build.
- Collaborated with development team to troubleshot and resolve issues.
- Worked on customization of existing Python scripts of some of the internal applications.
- Worked on configuring the Apache Tomcat for Java applications deployment.
- Worked on writing multiple Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for various companywide tasks.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Puppet.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of various tasks.
- Worked with SVN and GIT version controls.
- Managed disk space using various types of file systems, and volume management solutions: VxVM, ZFS, LVM and SVM.
- Maintained User accounts and groups, setting up User environments in Linux.
- Removed, Installed, Upgraded, and queried software packages using RPM and YUM.
- Performed Root password recovery in the Linux servers.
- Administered KickStart for RHEL 5/6 to perform image installation through network.
- Managed data stores and vcenters with VMware Installation and ESX hosts configuration
Environment: Solaris 8/9/10, Red Hat Linux 4/5/6, VMware ESX4.0Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), ZFS, VERITAS cluster server andzones, VERITAS net backup, and SAN, IPMP, NIC bonding, IBM P series Servers, VERITAS Net Backup 6.x.
Linux/DevOps System Administrator
- Support for AIX, Windows, and Linux problems assigned by client operations.
- Providing 24X7 and on-call in production support.
- Worked on migrating AIX to Redhat Linux 6 and 7.
- Worked on installing applications on AIX and Redhat.
- Administration of RHEL 5,6,7 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting on both Pseries and VMware virtualization systems
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMware vsphere client 5 and migrating servers between ESXi hosts.
- Installing RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Performed package administration on Linux using rpm and yum through RHN Satellite and subscription manager.
- Worked on Azure on Microsoft.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, and Security Management VPC.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB.
- Worked on Docker and created virtual instances with Docker.
- Experience with Docker. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Worked on Creating API’s on nodeJS and AngularJS
- Worked on AWS OpsWork, AWS Lambda, and AWS code deploy AWS cloud formation and cloud foundry.
- Install, configure and administer log analyzer tool Cloud Watch.
- Worked on migrating VMware to AWS using snowball and VM Import/Export.
- Experience with AWS bean stalk.
- Experience working on AWS code deploy, lambda, VPC and CLI.
- Experiencing with Nagios, splunk and snmp monitoring.
- Worked on research of ELK (Elastic search).
- Configure EC2 Instances, VPC, Route 53, ELB, Subnets, etc.
- Configure and administer Apache and Application layers
- Configure HTTP caching properties for static caching.
- Automate site configuration using Puppet.
- Experience with shell scripting ( sh, bash, csh, ksh)
- Worked on SIEM for security and audit compliance configuration
- Worked on Docker and have done deployments on Ubuntu.
- Worked on version control using Github.
- Worked on automating builds using Jenkins.
- Worked on automating tasks using puppet
- Worked on tomcat, Jboss install configuration and mongodb, mysql.
- Worked on creating new LPARS on AIX IBM frame
- Installing and configuring Tomcat and JBOSS.
- Deploy Puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Installed and configured Windows 2003/2008 servers and splunk.
- Installed PXE servers, KickStart configurations for automatic Linux Installation.
- Performed Installation, configuration and administration of Web logic application servers and Oracle System Bus (OSB).
- Involved in RPM package building according to the requirement using fpm and deploying the package using puppet enterprises to puppet agent.
- Worked on creating queues for new data center and reporting on console for finalization.
- Performed Installation, configuration and Administration of VERITAS Volume Manager (VCS).
- Configured and deployed of DynaTrace Monitoring system for managing all the Linux warehouse systems.
- Involved in troubleshooting any reported problems, analyzing heap/thread dumps and network packets taking tcpdump, snoop using Wire Shark.
- Involved in Veritas NetBackup LOB Media server conversion to SAN Clients, installation, configuration and administration of NetBackup and TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager) for backups/recovery.
- Used UNIX/Linux shell scripting to automate system administration tasks, system backup/restore management and user account management.
- Performed DR test from primary site (Denver) to DR site (ELK Grove) successfully.
- Support DR VCenter environment in ELK Grove. Consists of 200+ virtual machines.
- Implemented and administered In-System Replication using Shadow Image.
- Creation of Oracle and MS-SQL server databases. Maintenance of tables paces in oracle.
- Backup and restore of databases in Oracle and MSSQL Server DB’s.
- Performing Manual backup and resume of the servers or data using Net backup and TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager).
Environment: AIX 5x, 6x, 7x, IBM Power7, Power6 and Power5, VIOs, NPIV, RedHat LINUX 5.5/6.3, Ubuntu, Windows, Oracle, DB2,Jenkins,Git,Subversion, Vsphere, VMware, Azure, AWS, Docker, Chef, Puppet, Apache Webserver, JBoss, WebSphere Application Server & UNIX shell scripting.
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Analyzed, maintained, deployed, and modified networks, servers, and other IT resources in a mixed Unix/Windows environment.
- Administered and configured Red Hat 4, Solaris 8 performing periodic updates.
- Implemented RAID configuration for redundancy members of a team.
- Configured Telnet, FTP, sFTP, SSH, iptables, Kerberos, Samba for the servers.
- Deployed, configured and maintained Open Fiber based SAN/NAS units.
- Designed, built and maintained disaster recovery data center for company.
- Provided networking support like routing, WAN/LAN, switching and VPN support.
- Installed and Configured RHEL 5.x on Dell servers using Kickstart and Solaris 8 on sun servers using Jumpstart.
- Performed volume management using LVM on Linux.
- Created Users, Group and file system as per the database requirements.
- Managed packages, and did necessary patches in the system.
- Monitored system capacity and performance using tools like Vmstat, iostat.
- Implemented direct and indirect maps for auto mounts in NIS environment.
- Configured and administered MySQL database.
- Tuned Kernel parameters based on application and database requirements.
- Created zones and added storage to an existing storage pool.
- Installed and configured Sendmail Utility on Sun UNIX servers.
- Created, troubleshoot and mounted NFS file systems on different OS platforms.
Environment: Sun Solaris 8, Redhat 4/5, Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas foundation suite 5.0, Apache 2.2.x, Web Server 6.x, 7.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Installed and configured Solaris 8,9,10 using CD media, Jumpstart and RHEL 4.x, 5.x using CD media, Kickstart.
- Administered and troubleshoot Solaris and RHEL installed on Sun Fire and IBM blade.
- Implemented system upgrades including hardware, operating system and patch upgrades.
- Created, modified, and deleted users, groups and group memberships as per requirements.
- Analyzed and monitored resource utilization, and system performance using various system tools such as vmstat, sar etc.
- Made backups of the directories and files using the tar, gzip, and gunzip tools.
- Wrote Shell scripts for monitoring the systems and applications such as monitoring the processes in all the servers, and also run cron jobs using Cron and at.
- Managed volume and file system using VxVM, SVM and ZFS on Solaris and LVM in Linux.
- Configured NFS on Solaris and Linux servers.
- Created and maintained Solaris 10 zones.
- Installed Apache Web Server, Web Logic Application Server, and Oracle database in the servers.
- Configured domains, admin and managed servers in Web Logic application server to deploy Web/Enterprise applications.
- Involved in documentation of Solaris and RHEL environment and configuration details.
Environment: Sun Solaris 8, 9, 10, Redhat 4.x, 5.x, IBM Blade, RHN satellite server, Sun update manager, cron, scripting, VxVM, SVM, ZFS, LVM, Apache, BEA WebLogic 8.1, Oracle 9i.
- Worked on Installing, tuning, troubleshooting and patching of Red Hat Enterprise Linuxservers.
- Carried on installation and configuration of WebLogic and WebSphere application server.
- Performed installation, configuration, and maintenance of web servers, application servers, and database servers on Linux server.
- Scheduled various regular, periodic, future and queue tasks by using crontab.
- Utilized NFS management - taking care of user accounts/groups, setting up of NFS environment.
- Transferred files from one system to other using FTP and SFTP.
- Monitored server performance and troubleshooting server related problems to SNMP.
- Performed processes administration and management like monitoring, start/stop/kill various processes/sub processes.
- Monitored system performance parameters using iostat, vmstat, and fine-tuning..
- Created and maintained user accounts, profiles, and security rights.
- Carried on installation/upgrade, system startup, and system shutdown as needed.
- Wrote simple bash scripts to ping the servers and add users to the boxes.
- Resolved system errors and crashes, disk space problems, huge file sizes, and file system full errors.
Environment: RedHat Enterprise Linux, Shell Scripting, Apache, WebLogic, WebSphere, Bash, NFS, iostat,vmstat