- Seven years of experience in UNIX /Linux System Administration extensively worked on Linux (RHEL 7/6/5/4/3), Solaris (11/10/9/8), HP - UX (11.x/10.x), and Windows (2008/2003/2000 ) administration.
- Experience in installation, support, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting maintenance of Linux using Kick start and Interactive installation.
- Experience in RPM Package Administration for installing, upgrading, and checking dependencies. Reconfiguring RPM database using RPM Build and creating YUM repository in Red hat Linux.
- Experience in implementation of services like NFS,NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Mail servers and Samba servers.
- Involved in installation, configuration and administration of Apache Web server, Oracle Servers.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts using Korn, C Shell Scripting, SED, and AWK to ease the administration tasks
- User profile management and IIS administration on windows servers.
- Worked on intergrating LDAP with Windows Active Directory Server.
- Knowledge of selinux concepts in RHEL5&6.0, Network monitoring tools (netstat, nmap, tcpdump), partition creation, Boot process, File permissions, sudo, ACL, SSH, Telnet and SCP.
- Involve in administration and maintenance of ISA server, Exchange Server, Active Directory Service, DHCP, DNS, FTP, Web server in Windows environment.
- Good experienceon installation/upgrade VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1
- Configuring VMware Virtual Hardware, Memory, NIC and VDISK
- Good experience on VMware, migrating P2V/V2V using Vmotion and DRS, HA configurations
- Experience in Configuring, Administering & maintaining Veritas Logical Volume Manager (VxVM)&Cluster Server.
- Experience in using Veritas Net Backup, Proficient in System Backup and Recovery from tapes using ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar and cpio
- Managed Cisco based network, administration of routing and switching.
- Strong working knowledge of Routers and Switches, Subnetting, VLAN, TCP/IP, VPN, OSI model, Firewall (checkpoint).
- Experience in creation & maintenance of file systems, and User & Group Administration.
- Performed memory and process management and troubleshooting.
- Administering operating systems, hardware, and peripheral components, and maintain databases.
- Capable and experienced in managing personnel, customer relationships, and request fulfillment.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills. Experience in logical troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Enjoy being part of, as well as managing, motivating, successful and productive team, and thrives in highly pressurized and challenging working environments.
Operating System: Red Hat Linux 6/5/4/3 Solaris 10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, Confidential AIX 5.x/4.3, Windows 2008/2003/2000.
Hardware: Sun Fire 280R/V 480/3800/4800/10 K/12K/25K Server, Sun Enterprise 6500/4500/450/ 420 R/250 Servers, T-Series, M-Series, SunBlade 6000, HP-9000 K,L,N series, Proliant DL585/360/380 G5, G6, p3440/rp7440/rp 8440 Server, Confidential RS/ / M80 / H70 / H50 Series server and pSeries, HP/Dell/ Confidential /Sun Blade Servers.
Network and Security: ISA Server, Exchange Server, Active Directory Service.
Broad experience with: VMWare, Firewalls and VPNs. Comprehensive knowledge of security protocols: IPSec, L2TP, PPTP and WEP (Wireless Encryption Protocol) NFS, NIS, NIS+, DHCP, Proxy Server, DNS, LDAP.
Web Servers: Apache 2.x/1.3x, Tomcat, WebLogic 10/9/8 & Web Sphere 6.0/5.0/4.0
Programming Language: Object Oriented C++ (MFC/Windows API/Networking),Visual Basic, Java, HTML/Web development, Active Server Pages and Java Server Pages, ColdFusion
Database: Oracle, UDB, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MSAccess
Sr. Linux/Unix Administrator
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of RHEL 5&6, SUSE Linux 10/11, Solaris 8/9/10, HP-UX 11.11/11.23/11.31 , Windows(2008/2003) operating systems.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the VMwareESXi 5.0/5.1 andUpgrades.
- Planning, documenting and supporting high availability, data replication, business persistence, fail-over, fail-back usingVMWARE Cluster Server in SAN environment.
- Upgraded Windows 2003 R2 to 2008 R2. Used Windows P2V converter.
- Hands on experience in Virtual standard switch, Virtual Distributed switch, VLAN mapping into VMware
- Experience VMware clustering, HA, DRS rules,
- Creating Virtual Machine Template for Golden Client, based off of which VM’s are deployed.(ESX, VMware)
- Building virtual Linux machines in VSphere client.
- Resource allocation and guest OS specifications and change in VSphere Client.
- Member to a team of professionals responsible for the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the IT infrastructure to include onsite administration and support, scheduled installation, configuration and troubleshoot activities.
- Installed, Update patches and other software packages using rpm and yum repositories.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Redhat Cluster Server and Veritas Cluster Server
- Installed, configured and managed Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC) in Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Patch and Package administration for installation of patches as per company policy and installation of packaged application.
- Expertise in Global File System (GFS), Creating, configuring and managing clusters in Redhat LinuxServers using GFS.
- Configured I/O multipathing and NIC multipathing/Bonding.
- Maintaining, and configuring services like NFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Mail servers, proxy servers, and Samba servers.
- Disk and file system management thru Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume manager (VxVM) and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM).
- Knowledge of Puppet configuration management tool.
- Installed, configured and maintained the Apache, MySQL and PHP in Linux and Windows environment (LAMP/WAMP).
- Built high-end servers, creating and loading images on Solaris, HP-UX and Linux servers.
- Worked on group/user administration, start up and shutdown scripts, crontabs, file systemmaintenance and backup scripting and automation.
- Analyzing & monitoring system performance through various system tools such as netstat, vmstat and iostat.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for various Linux servers (core dump and log file analysis).
- Conduct research to identify possible solutions and write technical documentation.
- Actively involved in technical meeting and provide reports and presentation to upper level management.
- Work in a team for network design and security implementation.
Sr. Unix/Linux Administrator
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Solaris, Red-hat Linux, AIX, HP-UX operating systems.
- Installation of patches and packages, Installation & configuration of Jumpstart/Flash archive, Ignite and kickstart servers.
- Administered DNS, NIS, NIS+ and NFS, Send Mail and involved in troubleshooting.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining the VMware ESX / Virtual Center servers.
- Experience in VERITAS Cluster Server, Redhat Cluster Server, Zone administration and configuration.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System and Veritas Netbackup.
- Configured GFS (Linux) and ZFS (Solaris) filesystems.
- Responsible for creating, cloning Linux Virtual machines using VMWare virtual client 3.5.
- Disk and File system management through Veritas Volume Manager, Solaris Volume Manager, Logical Volume manager.
- Worked on Solaris 10,Service management on Solaris 10 through SMF; User administration and managing file systems; Created Oracle/UDB users and assigned appropriate permission.
- Configuring & handling Samba servers on Linux, Managing file system.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of Websphere and Apache Servers.
- Having production experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as BEA WebLogic, Red Hat JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Worked on Solaris container Technology; Created local and global zones.
- Solaris zones configuration for application; Server Build from the scratch with CD and Automated Installation; Implemented Security Hardening per company policy; Trouble shooting system and user problems.
- Added Service Groups and resources based on the requirement with appropriate dependencies, Documented the in change design/Architecture diagram of Veritas Cluster Servers.
- Planning and implemented Disaster Recovery sites from the scratch; Involved in disaster recovery testing every quarter.
- Experience of Storage Area Network/SAN, EMC Symmetrix/ Clarriion.
- Worked on configuring & troubleshooting of SuSE Linux 10.x/11.x.
- Involved in on-call pager rotation for production support; Demonstrated skill in supporting end users and proven ability to plan, organize and work as a member of a technical project team, both in small groups as well as large corporate areas.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade ofLinux,Solaris, AIX, HP-UXand Windows operating system.
- ConfiguringNFS, NIS, NIS+, DNS, Auto-mountand disk space management onSUN servers.
- Installation and configuration ofHP-UX Serversthru ignite server, patch depot management for ignite server.
- Worked on Data Center Migration Project. MigratedLinux/UnixServers from one data center to other data center with minimal downtime.
- Configuring andAdministering NFS, SMTP, DHCP, Samba Serverin heterogeneous environment.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System usingJumpstartfor Solaris.
- Installation of patches and packages.
- Installation and configurationof Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration ofWebLogic and Websphere Servers.
- Extensive use of volume management tool usingVeritas Volume Managerto create disk groups, volumes withRAIDarchitecture and layered volumes.
- Experience with configuring and managing Virtual disks, Disk Mirrors andRAID 0,1and5levels.
- UsedVxVMto add disk, create new disk groups/volumes, resize, deport and import disk groups between servers.
- Worked onSolaris 10 container technology,createdlocal and global zones, modified local zone parameters, created file systems on local and global zones.
- CreatedZettabyte file system (ZFS) in Solaris 10. Created zpools. Exported ZFS from local zones to local zones.
- Supported Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) database.
- Managed resources for zones using Solaris 10 container technology.
- Created/used LDOM in Solaris 10 and installed multiple OS.
- Configured and administeredMail Server/SMTP server on Linux.
- Experience in Red Hat Cluster Suite and Global File System, RedHat Network Satellite Server.
- Package management usingRPMand Errata usingUP2DATEin Linux
- Creatingmetadevices, soft partitions, mirroring the devices and metasets.
- Space allocation to themetadevices,detachingandclearingthe devices if not in use.
- Troubleshooting and building high end serversE15K,E25Kand midrange serversSunfire 6800
- Performed automated installations of Operating System usingJumpstartfor Solaris andKickstartforLinux.
- Configured new service group and resources for new application in Veritas Cluster Servers.
- Maintaining theCPU & Memory utilization of Servers reports on the WEB.
- Participation in change control activities and involved in Memory sizing of different applications.
- Complete periodic checks of production and development systems;CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
- Worked on server consolidation and migration.
- Configuration and Administration ofVeritas Cluster Server.
- Extensively worked in data and database migration from older machine to latest configurations.
- Installation, setup, configuration, security administration and maintenance for flavors of servers.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely upgrading Patches to the systems and Scheduling of batch jobs andCron jobs.
- Monitor performance and resource utilization of key systems and provide ongoing trend analysis for forecasting future resource requirements.
- Preparation of performance acceptance criteria drafts for newer applications.
- Implemented Security Hardening per company policyusingSolaris 10 features.
- Involved in disaster recovery testing every quarter.
- Supported 24/7 high availability production servers.
- Verify successful completion of daily incremental and database backups, following developed procedures.
Linux/Unix System Administrator
- Administration and auditing the SUN servers and installation of the patches on production and development systems.
- Configuring NFS, NIS, DNS, Auto-mounter and disk Space management on SUN servers.
- SENDMAIL configuration and administration, testing the mail server.
- User administration, management & archiving.
- Installation of VERITAS Netbackup on Client side.
- Troubleshooting the network issues and response problems
- Creating new file systems, managing and checking data Consistency of file systems.
- Dealing with user id deletion with removing entries from CRONTAB.
- Maintaining the CPU & Memory utilization of SUN Servers reports on the WEB.
- Experience with OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches.
- Scheduling full and incremental backups using NetBackup on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Experience with adding and configuring devices like Hard disks and Backup devices etc.
- Experience with configuring and managing Virtual disks.
- Mirrors and RAID 0, 1 and 5 levels.