- 10 years of experience with Citrix Administration
- 15 years of professional experience in Windows System Administration.
- Proficiency with Windows 2008/2003/2000 Server, Active Directory.
- Advanced - level proficiency in administration of XenApp 7.6/6.5/6.0, Citrix Presentation Server 4/4.5, Citrix EdgeSight, Citrix XenDesktop5.6/7.6, Citrix Provisioning 6.1/7.6, Citrix Profile Management and Citrix XenServer.
- Extensive knowledge of Citrix NetScaler Load Balancer, Citrix VPX, Citrix Access Gateway.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members.
- Extensive documentation and training experience.
- Certifications: CCEE, CCA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSA, CCA, Network+
Operating System: Windows Server 2012/2008/2003/2000 , Windows 7/XP/2000/NT, Red Hat Linux.
Software: Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, Storefront, Microsoft Office Suite, Novell Zenworks Asset
Backup Tools: Tivoli Storage Manager, Veritas NetBackup, Avamar, EMC Legato EmailXtenderEMC Legato DiskXtender.
Patch Management: Microsoft WSUS, Systems Manager Server, BigFix Enterprise Suite.
Monitoring Tools: IBM Director, HP Openview, Citrix EdgeSight, Citrix Director, HDXInsight, Nagios
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2003/2005/2008.
Virtualization: VMware ESX, Vmware vSphere4, Citrix XenServer
HealthCare Software: EPIC Hyperspace 2015/2014/2012
Load Balancer: Citrix NetScaler, Citrix VPX
Senior Citrix Engineer/Architect
- Design, implement, document new farm for XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6
- Upgraded XenDesktop 7.1 to 7.6 running on VMware ESX 5.5
- Responsible for load balancing applications on NetScaler.
- Configured WebInterface and Storefront, load balanced on NetScaler.
- Work on tickets related to Citrix issues, slow logons, citrix client issue on user deices.
- Design and implemented Citrix Provisioning Services 7.6 for XenApp servers and XenDesktop.
- Design and Deploy XenApp 6.5 Farm to support published applications and 8000+ concurrent users.
- Upgraded NetScalers from version 9.3 to 10.5
- Member of project team responsible to architect and document Citrix Disaster Recovery plans.
- Create and maintain VMware template for XenApp server on Windows 2008/2012 operating systems.
Sr. Citrix Engineer
- Upgraded Citrix farm from Presentation Server 4.5 to XenApp5, included redesign of Citrix Infrastructure to accommodate increase of Farm usage.
- Worked with team to design and implement XenDesktop 5.6 with PVS and XenServer
- Load balanced websites on NetScaler.
- Citrix SME for a large multi-zone Citrix farm with 3000 concurrent users and 100+ Citrix Servers.
- Maintained Citrix Provisioning Server and performed periodical update to the vdisk.
- Maintained Citrix Streaming Profiler and created application packages for streaming application to client.
- Use EdgeSight to analyze Citrix application usage to develop strategic plans for future Citrix environment needs, network bandwidth requirements and licensing compliance.
- Configured and maintained Access Gateway, certificate renewals for the portal periodically on CAG
- Planned/executed redesign of Active Directory, restructured OU’s incorporated the use of GPO’s for Citrix, users and workstations to assist in closing Audit Findings.
- Administer and create Scheduled Tasks in EmailXtender and DiskXtender to periodically archive mailboxes.
- Administer and create NetScaler and Load balancing applications, services and URLs.
- Supported implementation of new Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 farm consisting of 20+ Presentation Servers running on VMware ESX 3.5.
- Designed Roaming Profile and Critical folder redirection for use in Citrix\Terminal Service environment
- Built and documented Citrix Streaming Profiler server and built package for Microsoft Office.
- Created Citrix server VM template for future deployments of Presentation Server servers in the farm.
- Assisted in creating new Virtual Machines on VMware ESX server in new domain.
- Installed Exchange Server 2003 on VMware Virtual Machine in new Domain environment.
- Implemented Windows 2003/SharePoint Portal Server 2007 solution for publishing and distribution important information/documentation to IT department and support groups.
- Responsible for taking backup of file servers using Backup Exec before moving them to new location.
- Member of team responsible for Migrating data from old domain File Server to new Domain File Server.
Windows System Administrator
- Management of over 1000+ Citrix Presentation Server (installation, configuration, reporting and publishing new application)
- Review, test and deploy new Citrix patches and application software updates on Citrix servers in the farm.
- Worked with help desk to support level 2 support tickets for Citrix related issues.
- Responsible for keeping Windows Servers up to date with monthly Security Patches.
- Performed operations like extending File system, adding new disks, creating schedule for Checkpoints for Celerra NS704G using Celerra Manager and CLI.
- Developed and documented Standard Operating Procedures and Practices for various IT departments helped to increase their efficiency and effectiveness.