- Solution - focused IT professional with over 10+ years of extensive experience in Designed, Installed and Maintained mission critical Data Networks; from two nodes to tens of thousands of nodes; from Home networks to Financial trading networks, using Multi-vendor devices like cisco, Palo-alto and checkpoint.
- I have hands-on experience working on Routers, Switches, Firewalls, load-balancers, Intrusion Detection and Prevention devices, Symantec Endpoint Protection and Data loss prevention and a whole lot of Microsoft solutions like window server 2008/2012, Active Directory, SCCM, WSUS till Date.
Networking: Cisco Routers (1800, 1900, 2900, 3800, 3900), Cisco Switches (2900, 3500, 3750, 4500, 4900), Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Check Point Firewalls, F5 BIG- IP LTM/GTM Load Balancers, NAT, IDS/IPS, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, Cisco AnyConnect, DMVPN, Wireless LAN controllers, Cisco ISE
Technologies: VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP, LAN/WAN, Wireless, TCP, UDP, IPv4, IPv6, Multicast, IPsec, PPP, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, MPLS, MPLS-based Layer 2/3 VPN, RADIUS, TACACS, QOS and traffic shaping.
Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IS-IS, RIP
Operating Systems: Windows server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, Window 7/8/10, Apple and Linux
Tools: and Managmt: ANX Positive Pro, Active Directory, Group policy Object, SCCM, SCOM, Arc serve, Solar Winds, Wireshark, Symantec Endpoint Protection and Data Leak Prevention platforms, Symantec Ghost Solution, Exchange server 2003 to 2016, Vmaware.
Languages: PowerShell, VB, Perl, Python
Datacenter Network Engineer
- I configure, manage and support Confidential dual internet link between Verizon and Windstreen ISP using BGP
- I Manage and configure router and switches, cisco and Aruba
- I configure, manage and support Juniper Firewalls for our site to site VPN with our 138 clients
- I manage and configure F5 LTM/GTM load balancers
- I manage and support the VMWare ESX Environments
- I Support our HP CHASIS serves with HP Operation Manager in the Data Center.
- I Coordinate and collaborate with production engineering, business application, and database administration functions to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of servers to meet business demands
- I Work with Service Desk for entries on server and server resource issues; prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate
- I Perform file system configuration and management; participate in server backups and recovery procedures
- I Plan and implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches
- I Monitor and test system performance and provide performance statistics and reports
- I Create shell scripts as required
- I Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure security compliance
- I assist in designing and implementing data center room security features, including HVAC control, Environmental alarms.
- Oversaw the design and implementation of a Disaster Recovery plan and system that ensures timely and continuous system availability always.
- Performed deep packet capture and analysis for insights into the performance of all applications that flow across client IP networks.
- Managed and configured Redundancy Protocols (VRRP, HSRP, and GLBP).
- Managed and configured Cisco switches (2900, 3500, 3750, 4500, 4900), with VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, MSTP, and Ether Channel.
- Performed vulnerability scanning using Kali Linux.
- Migrated Cisco ASA Firewalls to Palo Alto and Check Point Firewalls.
- Configured Palo Alto firewalls to authenticate users based on user identity, user group, session and PC-User authentication.
- Configured and administered security rules and policies to either permit or deny user traffics based on company security policy with Cisco ASA Firepower and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Configured IPsec and SSL VPN with Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firepower.
- Integrated Active Directory (LDAP) into Palo Alto for identity awareness and user authentication.
- Deployed Palo Alto 5000 series into the enterprise network and sites.
- Analyzed, configured, and troubleshot LAN/WAN networks.
- Monitored Network traffic and access logs to troubleshoot network access issues.
- Used network analysis tools such as Wireshark and PRTG/SolarWinds to monitor and shape traffic for optimum performance.
- Deployed and supported F5 BIG-IP LTM load balancers.
- Managed and configured routing protocols including BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRF and RIP.
- Deployed Check Point 500 series in the enterprise network and sites.
- Designed and implemented new QoS architecture through MQC on all routers/switches.
- Enabled and configured MPLS VPN solutions.
- Used Python scripting for network automation.
- Manage server 2012 and Active Directory.
- Support Visualization system
- Designed, built, and deployed upgrades to our Symantec Endpoint Protection and Data Leak Prevention platforms.
Network Infrastructure Lead
- Rebuilt a datacenter and a backup datacenter using Cisco and Arcserve solutions.
- Designed and implemented F5 BIG-IP load balancers, used with web and database applications.
- Ensured uptime of servers, storage, networks, and datacenter infrastructure.
- Installed, configured, and managed security technologies including Check Point, Cyberoam UTM for spyware, intrusion prevention, antivirus, proxies, and user resource access management.
- Configured Check Point firewalls to authenticate users based on user identity, user group, session and PC-User Authentication.
- Managed network connectivity for 25 area offices using DMVPN and GRE Tunnel with IPSEC.
- Implemented 214 POS Network using Pepwave VPN box with 4G sim cards.
- Remote access using ANX Positive Pro.
- Installed and configured Cisco routers and switches.
- Managed IP networks and connectivity infrastructure.
- Monitored DRP site datacenter using CA-Arcserve.