- IT professional with 7+ years of experience in Software Applications Packaging and Repackaging using Wise Package Studio, InstallShield AdminStudio and App - V
- Repackaging MSI based applications using AdminStudio 10.0, native Microsoft tools and/or Wise Package Studio 7.0/8.0
- Worked on Various Applications with automated scripts using Microsoft Installer (MSI), Wise Scripts (WSE), Wise for Windows Installer 7.0, Wise Package Studio 7.0/8.0 Professional, and InstallShield AdminStudio 7.0/8.5/9.0 to automate the installations
- Experience on MSI, MST (Transforms), MSM (Merge Modules), MSP (Patches)
- Experience in deploying the packages using GPO and Active directory
- Experience in troubleshooting SCCM client health and package related issues
- Experience in deploying the packages using SMS/SCCM and Altiris
- Experience in using Windows Installer SDK development tools like Orca
- Experience in VB Scripting, Windows Scripting, and Wise Scripting for creating Custom Actions
- Well versed with Windows Registry, File System, Services, Devices, Security
- Experience in working with the debugging tools like, Filemon, Regmon, Procmon, Dependency walker
- Understanding on Novell/ZENworks and Experience by Creating BMC Marimba, SMS Packages, Programs, Advertisements, Collections
- Experience of Application virtualization solutions and Streaming solutions (App-V)
- Interacting with Application Owners (End-Users) and Application Testers to troubleshoot and debug application configuration and deployment issues
- Ability to communicate with clients to accurately determine timeframes for Application packaging and deployments
- Adaptive to learn new technologies, highly motivated to work in a team.
Packaging Tools: Wise Package Studio 4.x/5.x/6x/7.0, 8.0, and InstallShield AdminStudio 7.0/8.5/9.0/10.0
Deployment Tools & Others: SMS 2003, SCCM 2007 R2, SCCM 2012,BMC Software, Altiris 7.0, 7.1.2,BladeLogic 7.x, APP-V-4.6Sp1, App-V 5.0 Beta, Citrix, ThinApp, hyper-v, AppDNA 6.1, LanDesk, HPRadia 4.0,7.90,8.10
Virtualization Tools: Ghost, Microsoft Virtual PC 2004, and VMware
Debugging Tools: FileMon, RegMon, Process Monitor,ProcessExplorer,OrcaWindows Installer Log Utility Tool
Languages: Visual Basic 6.0, XML,Windows Script, Wise Script, and VBScript,VB.NET, VBA, PowerShell, Windows batch script,Unix, Linux.
Operation Systems: Windows NT, Windows Server, XP, Vista, Win 7
Application Packager/SCCM Engineer
- Worked on 32/64bit Windows 7 and 64 bit Windows 10 application packaging Project
- Worked on InstallShield adminstudio 2015 to create msi packages to deploy on to windows 7 32bit, 64 bit and windows 10 64 bit workstations
- Create the System Management Container and delegated the permissions, extended the Active Directory schema for Configuration Manager 2012
- Repackaging third party applications in to msi format to support company standards and distribution methods.
- Installed SQL server 2012 for SCCM Database configuration.
- Installed and Configured windows server 2012 features and roles like BITS,Remote Differential Compression, IIS components etc.
- Installed the pre-requisites for SCCM 2012 R2.net 3.5, .net 4.0.SQL server 2012, Downloaded SCCM 2012 R2 pre-requisites
- Installed SCCM 2012 R2 with site code RM1 as Primary site, configured client push method and added roles MP’s, SMP, FSP
- Configured Discovery methods, Boundaries, Software update point (SUP), Distribution points (DP’s).
- Configured reporting server for customizing the reports
- Added and Configured application web catalog Service.
- Pushed SCCM 2012 client to all end clients and debugged the failed PC’s.
- Installed OS, patches and security policies throughSMS/ SCCM 2012Admin Tools.
- Created applications and deployed to user based, device based collections.
- Created Applications using script installer for deploying the VBS scripts.
- Created silent installs to various vendor applications and also created Transforms to vendor MSIs using InstallShield Tuner and Orca
- Created workstations build records using VMware and we build the packages on VMware workstation 2012
- Responsible for troubleshooting Applications that fail during Deployment though SCCM 2012
- Experience on implementing AdminStudio and Windows Installer security concepts and best practices and monitoring of SCCM package deployments
- Monitored SCCM Component status regularly for critical issues.
- Created packages, Programs and the distributed the content to Distribution points and deployed to User and Device Collections in SCCM 2012 R2.
- Created Customized reports for deployment status for Applications and Software updates in SCCM 2012 R2.
- Created Customized Task sequence to Deploy 64-Bit and 32-Bit OS.
- Installed SCUP and integrated with SCCM 2012 R2.
- Installed third party patches using SCUP and SCCM 2012 R2.
- Created Automatic Deployment Rules for Software update management using SCCM 2012 R2.
- Used troubleshooting tools like Trace32 for reading the Log files.
- Created Software Groups in SCCM 2012 for Specific Products, Classifications for Windows 7 and Scheduled deployments
- Experience designing, engineering, and implementing SCCM 2012 environment
- Experience updating and configuring workstations to run on SCCM 2012
Environment: Windows 10/7/XP, SCCM 2012, AdminStudio 2015, process explorer,VBScript,VMwareThinApp 5.0, Power Shell Scripting 3.0,Wise script editor, Wise script, bat script, AutoIT, slick edit, XenApp-6.5,Microsoft Application Compatibility
Application /SCCM engineer
- Ability to create Windows packagesby building application code into a silent / automated package to be deployed using a standardized and repeatable process
- Ability to deploy Windows Non-Prodpackagesby taking a software package and Experience in Application Scripting, Packaging/ Re-packaging, script customizations, Microsoft Installer (MSI) technology and Application Distribution technologies which includes experience in the use of Install Shield, Power Shell, VB Script, Batch script, and Software Distribution system experience including SCCM and Altiris
- Understand and apply diverse software engineering principles and best practices in areas of software installers
- Experience which includes planning, testing, implementing and problem solving in an Information Systems environment
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
- Involved in migration of Windows 7 to windows 10 Project
- Packaged applications for Windows 10
- Ability to execute the problem determination and resolution process effectively
- Ability to differentiate and create both 32bit 64bit application package
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills for both technical and non-technical personnel
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows operating systems (full knowledge of OS operations, Registry, DLL's)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installationsdeploying it to a Windows desktop or server
- Knowledge of Microsoft VMware Workstation
- Working experience with Application Model in MS Configuration Manager 2012
- Working experience with Windows Application Compatibility Tool (ACT)and ability to create and apply SHIMs
- Ability to address environments-related configuration issues identified in a non-prod environment.
- Working knowledge ofMicrosoft Installer (MSI),Installshield and Batch scripting
Environment: Windows 7, Windows XP, SCCM 2007, wise package studio 8, process explorer, VBScript, VMware ThinApp 5.0, Power Shell Scripting 3.0,Wise script editor, Wise script, bat
Application Packager /SCCM Consultant
- Engineering of a standard desktop platform as well as end user experience design and implementation
- Experience assisting with developing a deployment plans for Enterprise Level Software deployment.
- Planning and implementation of remote software deployment to client workstations via remote management tools such as SCCM 2007 R2, SCCM 2012
- Assisting with the troubleshooting of applications in relation to application packaging and virtualization
- Create SCCM Configuration Items and Baselines, collections, reports and queries
- Create Group Policy Objects for application.
- Download and distribute patches, create and schedule deployment for monthly patches
- Create Windows 7 & 8 images for deployment
- Maintain and update task sequence for new & updates computer
- 3rd level troubleshooting support for software deployments and SCCM related issues
- Create and deploy scripts for hotfixes or as needed for various functions
- Monitor Microsoft SCCM Platform health and mitigate identified problems
- Monitor health of distribution points as well as content being distributed throughout the enterprise
- Experience on Remediating SCCM 2007 and SCCM 2012 R2 Client Issues In 3000 PCs Using PSexec Tool
- The utilization of various scripting methods including VB and PowerShell2.0/3.0 to automate processes
- Sequencing virtual packages for Windows 7 using Microsoft App-V 5.0
- Planning, prioritization, and organization of work and deliverables
- Worked on Windows Operating Systems, including registry and file management
- Developing and implementing application packaging standards and guidelines following Microsoft best practices
- Created silent installs to various vendor applications and also created Transforms to vendor MSIs using InstallShieldTuner and Orca
- Used InstallShield Editor for editing and building MSI for the application
- Tools used includedVMware 6,Filemon,Regmon and numerous other monitoring tools like Process monitor and Process Explorer etc., and investigative utilities
- Created workstations build records using VMware and we build the packages on VMware.
- Responsible for troubleshooting Applications that fail during Deployment though SCCM 2012 and SCCM2007 R2
- Testing packages in different windows systems by using VMware and on separate lab machine for locked-down environment
- Experience in AdminStudioApplication Compatibility tool to verify applications are compatible with targeted operating systems
- Responsible for creating wise, VBscripts to automate exe applications
- Used VMwareThinAppSetup capture wizard to package an application
- Experience in creation of merge modules using ORCA
- Experience in troubleshooting package issues using third party tools like Process Monitor,Process Explorer, beyond compare, Install Watch Pro
Environment: InstallShield2011,Windows 7, Windows XP, SCCM 2007 R2,SCCM 2012R2,InstallshieldAdminStudio 11.5, wise package studio 8, Microsoft App-V 5.0,process explorer, VBScript, VMware