- Close to 6+ years of experience in System Center Configuration Management (SCCM), Windows Installations, Application Packaging, UAT Testing and Application deployments in Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10 on 32 - bit and 64-bit Operating Systems to Windows desktops and laptops.
- Expertise with complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Extensively worked on MSI Application Packaging using Install Shield & AdminStudio (Flexera products), Microsoft App-V and WISE Package Studio, VMware.
- Planning and implementation of remote software deployment to client workstations via remote management tools such as SCCM 2007 R2,2008, SCCM 2012R2.
- Expert knowledge in Active Directory file system, Group Policy and Organizational Unit (OU) Management in Windows environments
- Experience in automating the applications for software distribution using AdminStudio and Group Policy.
- Experience in Creating, Testing, Deploying, Troubleshooting and Managing Windows Installer (.MSI) package installations.
- Experience in creation of Silent installers, Transforms (MST), Patches (MSP) and Merge Modules (MSM), and Install script MSI installers.
- Strong knowledge on Windows Registry, File System Services, ODBC Connections and COM objects, Devices, Security, Active directory services and other facets of Windows OS.
- Worked proficiently on VB Scripts, Wise Scripts, power shell for customizing applications.
- Experience with creating and deploying reference image (win 10) using VMware, MDT.
- Extensively worked in Citrix XenApp environment and Hyper-V virtual machines
- Experience in create and regulate LAN/WAN andserveralerts to monitor systems health
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills, willing to learn, accept the challenging environment and confidence in delivering the results.
Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 7,8, Windows XP, Windows Server 2012,2012R2,2008,2008R2,2007
Packaging Tools: Install Shield 2013/2011/2010 , AdminStudio 2013 10.0/9.0 (Flexera Products), App-V 5.1/5.0/4.6/4.5 RTM, VMware 9.0/8.0/7.0/5.0 , Citrix XenAppWise Package Studio 8.0/7.0/6.0 SMS 2003, SCCM 2012/2008/2007 , MDT 2012, Altiris.
Technologies: Windows Installer (MSI), Active Directory, and Group Policy (GPO).
Imaging Tools: ImageX, Ghost, VMware, PXE.
Languages: XML, SQL, VBScript, Wise Script, Power Shell.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL.
Debugging Tools: Filemon, Regmon, Process Monitor, Picture Taker, Beyond Compare, Orca.
Confidential, Las Vegas NV
Sr. Application Packager/SCCM Engineer
- Responsible in Evaluating/Validating and resolving the requests.
- Participated in gathering Requirements for Packaging from Business Users and Application owners communicate accordingly once formally Approved through SCCM.
- Used HP Quality Center for IT service Management to receive work orders from the requesters.
- Tested the applications to ensure the applications are compatible with multiple operating systems.
- Using InstallShield & AdminStudio2013 (Flexera products) packaged the applications and several software in MSI format for Windows 7 32 bit platforms.
- Migrating applications from Windows 7 to Windows 10 compatible version using SCCM.
- Captured Windows 10 OS customized image and deployed to the several Client machines using MDT 2012.
- Created base images of Win7/ Win10 OS for application packaging using MDT and VMware Tool.
- Created transforms (.MST) using AdminStudio2015 to the original vendor Windows Installer setup package (.MSI) during deployment to add data and to allow future patching and updating.
- Working with VBScripts for the package building, automation and silent application installations
- Worked on Creating/Testing new Windows Installer Packages in MSI format.
- Extensively tested the applications before rolling out to UAT.
- Worked with the end users to troubleshoot problems with the packaged applications.
- Troubleshoot pre-install and post-install errors for applications in both 32 and 64 bit machines.
- Created multiple Task sequences in MDT 2012 to detect the model and inject drivers appropriately during Windows 10 OS Deployment.
- Quickly rollout new installations on user's Client Machines using SCCM 2012.
- Packaged applications are deployed through SCCM 2012 and managed by Group Policy.
- Experience in Identifying and resolving SCCM 2012 deployment issues.
- Responsible for production support of Active directory (AD),GPO, Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a very good team player with the ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
Environment: InstallShield2013, AdminStudio2013 (Flexera products), Windows 7, Windows 10, App V 5.1, VMware work station 9.0, SCCM 2012, Altiris 6.2, Citrix XenApp desktop, VBScript, Windows Installer, MDT 2012, Orca, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365.
Confidential, Austin TX
Sr. Application Packager/SCCM Engineer
- Worked with wise package studio 8.0, installshield2011 and AdminStudio10.0 (Flexera products) for packaging and re-packaging legacy setup into MSI, merge modules (MSM), patches (MSP).
- Review package request and worked closely with the business owner to check on compatibility and other issues.
- Responsible for creating Unattended install and uninstall for Windows 7,10 Applications.
- Testing windows installer packages in different windows systems by using VMware and on separate test machine deployed through SCCM.
- Responsible for Customizing the Applications based on user’s request.
- Used Scriptol Custom actions and created components and associated with feature as required.
- Created, modified and customized windows installer (.MSI) packages using Process Monitor.
- Built Upgrades and Patches (MSP) per the package requirement.
- Responsible for creating Wise scripts to automate the install of several vendors provided Exe's.
- Expertise in deploy applications using Citrix Xen App Desktop.
- Worked with Symantec packaging console to stream and assign the packages to the tester profiles.
- Involved in meetings, documenting the standards and procedures employed for packaging and testing the packages.
- Used automated compliance testing tool to resolve ICE errors.
- Day to day administration and maintenance of LAN connectivity.
- Packaged applications are managed by Group Policy and Deployed by SCCM Tool.
- Experience Using SCCM 2012 to deploy the Packages both the Windows Installer Package and Virtual Package.
Environment: InstallShield2011, AdminStudio10.0 (Flexera products), Wise Package Studio 8.0, Windows 7, SCCM2012, App V 5.0, VMware work station 7, Citrix Xen App Desktop, Windows Installer, Process Monitor, Filemon, Regmon, VB Script.
Application Packager/SCCM Engineer
- Experienced with InstallShield2010, AdminStudio9.0 (Flexera products) to repackage various applications and build MSI packages and Transforms (MST) and Patches (MSP).
- Worked with Business team to understand and gather the requirements.
- Worked on AdminStudio to take the snapshot of the pre-install and post-install to capture the changes.
- Implemented standards and procedures for creating .MSI/MST packages and repackaging applications using Flexera products (AdminStudio, installShield).
- Extensively worked with Orca to edit the MSI Tables, Merge Modules.
- Configured MSI with Orca to create transform per client requirement.
- Edit and customize the packages with Wise Windows Installer Editor.
- Worked on Wise and Batch Scripts to customize the applications per company standards.
- Creating Scripts using Win batch studio to attain different requirements like automatic update of the applications, shortcut creation and deletion and compile them using Win batch compiler to get the .exe files for easy deployment of tested installations.
- Virtualized applications using App-V and published them to UAT and Production environment.
- Tested the applications in the Lockdown environment before sending the application to QA.
- Performed quality assurance analysis on all the packages before distributing them to production environment.
- Created SCCM Packages and push the packages to Win XP, Win 7.
- Used the SCCM for deploying both the Physical and Virtual Applications.
Environment: Windows 7, InstallShield2010, AdminStudio9.0 (Flexera products), VMware Thin App, VMware work station 7, Wise Package Studio 8.0, Orca, Process Monitor, Wise Script, App-V 4.6, SCCM 2008, ACT 5.6.
- Software Application packaging and re-packaging using AdminStudio9.5.
- Creating packaging standards and procedures for developing efficient and robust packages.
- Installing and configuring Active Directory and its components.
- Created user ids and Application group ids in Active Directory.
- Working on improving the package analysis and testing procedures.
- Helping Product managers to and automate the installation and configuration of their Products.
- Using Filemon and Regmon for monitoring the files and registry Keys accessed by the application and worked on various third party tools as part of troubleshooting.
- Worked on Microsoft Soft grid to virtualized applications for Citrix Environment.
- Publishing of virtualized/Re-Packaged application in the Citrix environment for the User to test through the web interface.
- Extensively involved in setup soft grid environment required to sequence/virtualization and Configuring clients to test/deploy soft grid packages.
- Worked with Packaging, customizing OSD files with script commands and manually edited them to perform registry settings (add/remove registry), ODBC settings etc.
- Automated Installs using VBScript and Wise scripting. In addition, Installs are automated to be silent so that they can be easily deployed.
- Distributing Software using SMS 2.0 in a large-scale environment.
- Involved in installation and configuration of SMS 2.0 on Windows XP.
- Involved in SMS server administration to configure SMS packages before the deployment of all the application to the end user.
Environment: Windows XP, AdminStudio9.5, VMware work station 5, VB script, Ghost, SMS 2.0, Citrix MetaFrame Server 4.0, APP-V 4.5RTM, Active Directory, Citrix environment, Filemon, Regmon.