- Experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting in VMWare VSphere 4.1/ 5.0.
- Monitoring and managing performances of ESX/ESXi servers and virtual machines.
- Hands - on experience with iSCSI and Fiber channel storage access.
- Expertise on server, desktop and application virtualization.
- Expertise on SQL 2005/2008 Database Server support.
- Expertise in providing support for Windows 2003/2008 servers and ADS.
- Experience in handling P2Vconversion using VMware convertor.
- Administrated server consolidation program through use of VMware ESX server and VMware Virtual Center, using Virtual Center, ESX, creating VMs, using/building VM templates and customization files, and scheduling tasks.
- In depth knowledge of Installing and configuring HP, Compaq, Dell Servers. Configuring RAID, Disk Mirroring, SAN Volume Expansion, Raid, SCSI Controller Installation
- Experience with EMC SAN and handling technical troubleshooting skills
- A quick learner and a proven record of reliability.
- Performed analysis of TCO for hosting physical servers vs. Virtual.
- Experience with VMware view 5.0/4.6/4.5/4.0 design on Virtual desktops deployments and ThinApp 4.5.
- Handling P2V conversions using Vmconverter, Platespin and Doubletake tools.
- Worked on independent test environment and worked on several VMware technologies.
- Experience with HP blades C7000 and Cisco UCS blade server hardware
- Experience in Configuring with active directory, domain controller, ODBC, RDP access, security and system troubleshooting skills.
- Analyze and troubleshoot on an advanced level, performance of SAN backed VMware ESX infrastructure to determine proper allocation of resources to a multi-department user population with widely varying needs.
- Migration of VMs from ESX3.x to 4.x on C7000 Blade H/W.
- Use of VMware updates manager to install & troubleshoot patches and updates on ESX hosts and virtual machines.
- Installation/Configuration of VMware View
- Upgrading ESX, ESXi, Virtual Center.
- Design and Implemented VMware SRM 5.0/4.5 in Proof of Concepts projects.
- Experience with Datacenter/Server consolidation and virtualization using VMware technologies experience with continuity of operations for large-scale virtualized data centers; strong knowledge of VMware ESX and VI3.x and VMware VSphere 4 features including VMotion, HA, Virtual SMP, Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS) and vSwitch design.
- Experience with HP Proliant Blades BL460C / BL620C Series, HP Blade C3000 Servers, Dell M1000 Blade Server, Dell Poweredge R310, R710, R900, HP Blade enclosures, Dell Storage MD 3000i, 3600i series, HP ML/DL Series
- Troubleshooting on Domain network system, DMZ related issues.
- Familiar with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling maintaining AC cooling, Environmental Sensing Devices, power and UPS monitoring.
- Day to day troubleshooting of Windows Server OS issues; administration, troubleshooting, user management. Replication and rights assignments.
- Storage infrastructure engineering support for EMC DMX-4/3, Clariion CX, DMX-3000, Cisco MDS, Brocade DCX switch systems support.
- Storage provisioning and capacity planning using SYMCLI, ECC, SYMCONFIGURE, SDR, McData and Brocade switch zoning.
Virtualization Tools: VMwareESXi 5.0,4.1/3.x, VMware Standalone Convertor, VMware View
Server OS: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2, Ubuntu 10.x,11.x, Server Service Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, Microsoft Failover ClusteringClient OS: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7 Professional, Ubuntu, Mac OS
Security Software: Symantec Corporate, Norton Endpoint Protection
Storage: EMC Clariion, EMC Celera, DMX
Database: MSSQL 2000/2005/2008 R2, IBM DB2, MySQL
- VMware Infrastructure ESXi 5.0/4.1 Administration and management
- Installations for security patches, functional patches and version upgrades
- Performance tuning of ESXi hosts and Guest OS on VMs
- Interact with Service desk supervision team for Verification of solutions.
- Maintain Compliance with Corporate Security Policies
- Worked together with the security team, identify the server venerability issues and resolving them.
- Responsible for restoration of data.
- Proficient on VMware technologies--VMware High-Availability, VMware Vmotion, VMware DRS, VMware vCenter and vCenter Update Manager.
- Designed the Infrastructure and administered the environment running over 30 ESX Hosts and 600 Virtual Machines. Also, implemented the performance monitoring processes and improved disaster recovery processes to utilize virtualization benefits.
- Creation and management of Virtual Machines, Installing VMware tools, creating templates, cloning, deploy Virtual Machines from Templates.
- Extensively worked on NIC Teaming and configuration, Link aggregation, IPMP, routing, VLAN, VLAN Tagging, vSwitch setup and different types of port groups.
- Configured VSMP on virtual machines and partitions to enhance speed by utilizing multiple processors.
- Created Snapshot and test Rollback, configure Vmotion, Cluster and Failover.
- Used SCOM 2007 to manage data center by checking the performance and health of the systems.
- Managed storage using VMFS and NFS technologies by sharing access to underlying block storage and building client-server relationship between ESX hosts and NAS devices.
- Applied a Logon script to Virtual Desktops for mounting a network drive.
- Worked on Folder Redirection (Desktop, My Documents) for floating desktops using a VBScript.
- Configured the Virtual Printing and set up the printers in Virtual Desktops by ThinPrint.
- Worked on VCenter Configuration Manager for setting the parameter values for storage and ESX hosts. And changing the advanced configuration settings to resolve the performance issues.
- Performing installation, configuration and administration of VMware ESX 3.5, VSphere 4.1 & ESXi 5.0 hosts and virtual machines.
- Managing security permissions for access to VMWare virtual center.
- Created templates on windows 32/64 bit and updating vm’s and using templates with update manager for migration from 4.0 to 5.1 environments.
- Worked on cisco routers and cisco 1900, 2900 series switches.
- Installed VMWare and citrix 4.5 servers.
- Worked in creating OS independent applications using VMWare ThinApp.
- Virtualized 450+ servers using Vmconverter.
- Expertise in virtualization solutions based on VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0/4.1, ESX 4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0 platform, Vcenter 4.0/2.5.
- Worked closely with other departments/organization and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Administration and troubleshooting Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and DFS issues.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft SQL 2008 on failover cluster.
- Worked on protocols - LDAP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, NTP, and FTP.
- Datacenter/Server consolidation and virtualization using VMware technologies experience with continuity of operations for large-scale virtualized data centers; strong knowledge of VMware ESX and VI3.x,and VMware vSphere 4 features including VMotion, HA, Virtual SMP, Dynamic Resource Scheduler (DRS) and vSwitch design
- Installing patches on Microsoft windows servers and VMware ESX hosts.
- Design and Implemented VMware SRM 5.0/4.5 in Proof of Concepts projects
- Extensive knowledge in installing, managing and supporting the Active Directory Environment
- Experience with large number of P2V and V2V migrations using VMware/Platespin and doubletake convertor tools
- Planned and implemented future IT developments and undertaking project work.
- Proactively address network, storage, or system performance issues with assistance from the Enterprise Engineering team.
- Documented the virtual infrastructure.
- Hands on experience on Automation and deployment of all virtual machines
- Worked on VIEW 4.5 Application packaging using the VMware ThinApp 4.5.
- Deployed, secured, analyzed, administered and troubleshoot VMware VI3.5 platforms
- Knowledge of maintaining business continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
- Implemented VDI solutions using VMware ESX hypervisor on HP Proliant DL 360 G6 and BL 480 G6 servers.
- Installed/configured and troubleshootVMwareVCloud Directory and administrating multiple labs and test environment.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage.
- Experience with Microsoft SCCM, OSD, Task Sequences.
- Assisted the development and execution of enterprise workstation remote imaging deployment methodology.
- Worked with infrastructure team to build and deploy standardized desktops.
Confidential - Dallas, TX
- Clariion CX series: Installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Worked on different platforms like CX3-80, CX3-40, NS960, NS80, NS20, AX4, and Data Domain 880. Support the following Brocade DCX4 and Cisco MDS9509 fiber channels switches
- Responsible for the implementation of EMC Celerra with CIFS, NFS and multiprotocol FS.
- Responsible for the implementation of a Data Domain backup and archive solution.
- Responsible for implementing and guaranteeing processes and systems are in place to deliver highly available storage platforms
- Installation, configuration, and deployment of a variety of hosts in the following environments Windows, Linux, and Solaris.
- Install and configure all EMC layered applications.
- Establishes standard processes and procedures for system performance
- Provided technical expertise, coordination and direction in the design and specification and implementation of new hardware and software solutions.
- Involved in the migration of data from Clariion CX 300 to CX3-80 using Open Migrator.
- Establishes and maintains the overall configuration of all storage systems enterprise wide in accordance to EMC best practices.
- Worked on tools like ECC, SymCLI, NaviCLI, and Navisphere Manager & Celerra Manager.
- Initiated SRDF using ECC for implementation and testing of Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Creation of complex enterprise storage strategy and implementation of documentation.
- Leads team to research and recommend solutions for technical business requirements.
- Troubleshoot any storage issue that arises in the enterprise, delegating tasks as appropriate but tracking items to completion.
- SAN (Brocade, McData and Cisco MDS) design and implementation of all types of fiber channel switches.
- Deploy all types of SAN: Fiber, DAS or ISCSI
- Hardware and software support for PowerEdge servers and Power Vault storage devices in a Windows and Linux environment
- Administered and maintained EMC Clariion CX600, CX700 and Symmetrix DMX 2000 series and Celerra CFS14.
- Installed, configured, and troubleshooting of Cisco MDS 9509/9506, Brocade 5000/4900 & McData 3232.
- Installed, configured and zoned Brocade and McData switches using Fabric Manager.
- Installed, configured and zoned Cisco switches using Connectrix Manager.
- Installed, configured, upgraded Q-logic & Emulex HBA cards in host environment.
- Installed and configured EMC Power Path using powermt CLI in UNIX and PowerPath GUI in windows.
- Hands on experience in designing and implementing new methods, procedures, and systems (both automated and manual) to improve the processing and flow of information within the company.
- Assisted in developing documentation of the system specifications, including system scripts, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
- Assisted in developing cost/benefit analyses for new proposed program modifications, methods, and procedures.
- Managed Windows Server Update services
- Enforced configuration settings with group policy
- Developed system build and hardening guides
- Troubleshot basic network problems; monitored and evaluated system performance. Analyze, install and configure applications as needed.
- Improved basic operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system(s) assigned.
- Assisted in maintaining file servers and network access; documents and analyzes system anomalies to ensure optimum equipment performance.
- Prepared systems for operational use and supports operational tests.
- Gathered information from users for analysis of problem areas and prepared elementary feasibility studies.
- Managed Enterprise Windows 2003 Network Systems Administration.
- Experience with a bridged connection to an IPv6 network on VMware Workstation virtual machines
- Managed Windows 2000-2003 Active Directory Domain Administration and configuration of DNS
- Was involved in building, configuring and hardware upgrades of Windows servers
- Worked on Performance Analysis and Tuning/Optimization Operations, Virtual machine creation, cloning, configurations