- Cisco Certified consultant with around 12+ years of experience in the field of routing, switching, firewall technologies with strong technical and troubleshooting of various network systems with decent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal and relationship - building skills contributing to team development.
- Designing, installing, configuring and maintenance of Enterprise Networks using Cisco routers, Catalyst Switches and Load Balancers, Cisco Firewalls.
- Strong hands on understanding in installing, configuring and troubleshooting of Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches, Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers.
- Broadly experienced working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148, 2248 devices.
- Proficient in implementing and troubleshooting VLANs, VTP, STP, RSTP, DTP, Root Guard, BPDU Guard, Port Fast, Uplink Fast, Backbone Fast, Ether Channel, PAGP, LACP and 802.1Q.
- Switching tasks comprising VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, VLAN, Ether Channel, STP and RSTP.
- Strong experience on ASA (5505/5510) Firewalls. Implemented security policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL, VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS).
- Established, maintained and operated Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Experienced in testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory and deploy them on site production.
- Planning, Designing & Implementing VPN connections using Checkpoint, ASA and Cisco Routers using site-to-site VPN's.
- Comprehensive experience in WAN Technologies, Switching Technologies also with Failover Mechanisms &Inter Vlan Routing types.
- Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000.
- Comprehensively experienced in configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP v1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS BGP and MPLS.
- Experience with F5 load balancers LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications. Experience with Juniper SRX 240 Firewalls
- Experienced in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting Cisco Wireless Networks: LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Good knowledge and experience in Installation, Configuration and Administration of WindowsHTTP, FTP, DNS, NTP, DHCP servers under various LAN and WAN environments.
- Proficient in handling Network Monitoring tools and Packet capture tools.
- Performed Network Security solutions using Cisco VPN Concentrators and Cisco ACS sever..
Sr. Network Engineer
Environment: Cisco 6500/3750/3550/3500/2960 switches and Cisco 3640/3845/3600/2800 , ISR 4331, 4321, ASR 1000 routers, F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP, Nexus 2K, 5K, 9K, Brocade Virtual Traffic Managers
- Installing, Maintaining and Troubleshooting of Cisco ASR 1K, 7200, 3925E and 2951E Routers and Cisco 6500, 4510, 3560X, 3750X and 2950T Switches for deployment on production network.
- Hands - on experience with configuring Ether Channel, Spanning Tree, Trunking, ACLs, Syslog. Experience in the setup of HSRP, ACL, and Eigrp, and tunnel installations.
- Built site-to-site IPsec VPNs over Frame-relay & MPLS circuits on various models of Cisco routers to facilitate adding new business partners to new and existing infrastructures..
- To secure configurations of load balancing in F5, SSL/VPN connections, Troubleshooting CISCO ASA firewalls, and related network security measures.
- Cooperating with Checkpoint Support (5600) team & Juniper support (SRX 4100 & SRX 4200 series) for resolving escalated issues.
- Working with Panorama Centralized Management tool for Palo Alto firewall PA-5000, PA-2000 and PA-3060, to centrally manage the console, configure, maintain, monitor, and update firewall core, as well as back up configuration.
- Worked on Multi-vendor platform with checkpoint, Fortinet and Cisco firewalls requesting net flow for security compliance, coding, and pushing firewall rules after approval and troubleshoot incidents as required.
- Troubleshooting issues related to Layer 2/3 skills like switching & routing, WAN/Hardware and critical network links by coordinating with the vendor.
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, BGP
- Carried out Route-redistribution between different routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, EIGRP for increased efficiency.
- Provided an IP Addressing scheme using VLSM and maintained VLAN table, and implemented DHCP server for assigning IP address to various connecting devices.
- Adding new devices to be monitored in EMC Smarts monitoring tool.
- Raising client change requests which were managed using ServiceNow with & would proactively take up tickets/Incidents and assign to themselves to work on them.
Environment: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, EtherChannels, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, Fluke and Sniffer, Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Worked as a part of a team to manage Enterprise Network Infrastructure as a Tier 3 Support Engineer.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco 7600,7200,3800 series routers and Cisco 2950, 3500,5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Configuring Firewall switch module on Cisco 6506 distribution layer switches.
- Configuring VTPs, Trunking, inter - Vlan routing, port fast, uplink fast, and backbone fast on access layer switches.
- Enable STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), using MD5 authentication for VTP.
- Planned and installed Frame Relay WAN links to the branch offices.
- Implemented a backup for the existing WAN connection using site to site IPsec VPN tunnels.
- Configuring and troubleshooting OSPF routing protocol on the corporate network.
- Worked on the migration of Frame Relay based branches to MPLS based VPN for customer's WAN infrastructure.
- Worked on the migration of existing PIX firewall to ASA firewall. PIX OS upgrade from 6.3 to 7.0 (x)
- Configuration on BIG IP (F5) Load balancers and also monitored the Packet Flow in the Load balancers.
- Had a good experience working with the Trouble Tickets on F5 Load balancers.
- Switch experience includes Cisco Catalyst switches: CISCO 3750, 4500, 6500 series switches.
- Managing enterprise BGP setup by configuring and troubleshooting BGP related issues. My responsibility was also to add new BGP peers for remote branch offices and business partners.
- Scaling of IGP and BGP in the core.
- Administration of ASA firewalls in the DMZ and FWSM in the Server Farm to provide security and controlled/ restricted access.
- Dealt with implementation of deployment related to Cisco devices and applying security policies on it.
- Troubleshoot issues related to VLAN, VLAN Trunking, HSRP failovers, related issues.
- Configuration of NAT.
- Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in resolution of trouble-tickets, equipment RMAs, and support requests.
- Planning for upgrade of IOS on devices and performing the upgrade.
- Assisted in the architecture, evaluation and recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware, software related to IP Networking.
- Monitored network traffic and developed capacity planning initiatives, making necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Responsibilities also include writing and executing Test Plan, Desk level procedures and Test Case Documents for smooth network operations of the remote location, assisted in design guidance for infrastructure upgrade.
Sr. Network Engineer
Environment: Cisco 2948/3560/4500/3560/3750/3550/3500/2960 6500 switches and Cisco 3640 /12000 /7200 /3845 /3600 /2800 routers, ASR 9K, Cisco Nexus 7K/5K, Cisco ASA 500, F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, VPN, HSRP, Juniper EX-4200, EX-3200
- Supervised handling of the Global design, engineering, and level 2/3 support of existing network technologies services and the integration of new network technologies / services
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP.
- Experience with converting Cisco 6500 IOS to Cisco Nexus NX - OS in the data center environment.
- Deploying and decommission of VLANs on core ASR 9K, Nexus 7K, 5K and its downstream devices.
- Experience in configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7010.
- Providing daily network support for national wide area networks consisting of MPLS, VPN and point-to point site.
- Focused on working with Cisco Channel partners to build practices around Cisco ACI and Nexus 9K.
- Worked with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for data center access architecture.
- Configure VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
- Configure and maintain security policies on Fortinet firewall and manager/ Fort Analyzer
- Configured network access servers and routers for AAA Security (RADIUS/ TACACS+).
- Verified the existing configuration on every interface meets the standard (like access ports having Portfast and BPDU guard enabled).
- Experience with implementing Cisco 6500 VSS on the User distribution switches.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 8900, configured profiles, provided and ensured high availability.
- Worked on F5 and CSM load balancers deploying load balancing techniques with multiple components for efficient performance.
- Configuring Big-IP F5 LTMs (virtual servers, pools, SNATs, health monitors, iRules) for managing the traffic and tuning the load on the network servers
- Implemented Access lists and policy mapping on Juniper router installed in each branch across all the states.
- Handled SRST and implemented and configured the Gateways, Voice Gateways.
- Tested and implemented various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, AS-PATH, Community, Extended community using route-maps.
- Instructed the team of network engineers responsible for base wide network upgrade from Cisco Layer 3 Catalyst switches to Juniper Layer 3 EX-4200 & EX-3200 switches.
- Design, implement and administer IPv4/IPv6 enterprise network infrastructure utilizing Juniper routers.
- Implementing iRule on LTMs for http traffic rerouting