Career covers over 20 years in the IT field, encompassing programming, network support, desktop support, heading projects and overseeing Help Desk staff. Over the past 12 years, served in role as Network Specialist. Possess a as a Novell Administrator, ITIL Foundation in IT Service Management, Microsoft Certified Professional and MCTS, and held a Secret clearance through the U.S. Department of Defense. I place a strong emphasis on providing exceptional customer service, value all feedback, and strive for optimal satisfaction within the work environment. My relationship with my peers and customers is based on my reliability, technical knowledge and ability to forecast needs.
Seeking a System Administrator or program management position in the IT field where I can utilize past experience and enjoy the benefits of learning new processes and engaging a new team.
HARDWARE: Cisco (Catalyst 50, Wireless Controller 5508), HP SAN Storage P4500, HP and Dell Servers, SAN drives, SUN SPARC Server 670), Macintosh, Variety of Desktop and LaptopsOS DOS (writing batch files), Windows workstation (3.1, 95, 98, NT, 2000, ME, XP, 7), Novell (3.x - 5.x), UNIX, Windows Server (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012 R2)
SOFTWARE: HP SIM, SCOM, Microsoft DPM, Dell Open Management, EMC Unisphere, EMC Open Migrator, HP StoreVirtual Centralized Management Console, Backup Exec 12.5 and 2010, AVAMAR Administrator, SCCM Config Console, Lenel OnGuard 2010, KeePass 2, Service Desk Plus 8.2, Barracuda Spam and Filter Firewall, Cisco VPN 3000, Avaya Site Adminstration 6.0, SharePoint WSS 3.0, MS SQL Server Management Studio, McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, McAfee Vulnerability Manager, Symantect Endpoint Protection, Citrix, Blue Coat Proxies, McAfee Endpoint Encryption, Arcserve, UNIX, Oracle(6.0 & 7.0)
- Ability to learn new software quickly by relating functions and structure of other software products.
- Strong knowledge of DOS and Windows.
- Proficient communication skills
- Team player.
- Problem-solver in all areas technical and office politics.
- Able to prioritize work while juggling multiple projects.
- Project planning; ability to forecast potential roadblocks before they become an issue.
- Eager to learn new systems and technologies to broaden my knowledge and skills in the IT field.
- Part of Data Center Support team supporting over 100 servers both physical and virtual using Hyper - V which involves building, configuring and maintaining servers and SAN volumes.
- Manage usage of SAN via HP StoreVirtual Centralized Management Console with over 200TB of space and EMC Unisphere with over 300TB. Manage backups with Microsoft DPM using Disk and tape storage.
- Monitor systems via HP SIM (Systems Insight Management), HP IRS (Insight Remote Support), SCOM (System Center Operations Manager) and Dell OM (Open Management).
- Manager Dell Blade server (M630) in Dell Chassis M1000e.
- Support Guest Wireless connectivity via Cisco Wireless Controller 5508.
- Manage ~70 servers and manage backups with Backup Exec 2010. Manage Exchange Server 2010, eForms, SharePoint WSS 3.0, Barracuda Spam & Filter Firewall, Security Badges with Lenel OnGuard 2010 and Asure ID, Cisco VPN 3000 Concentrator Series Manager, Confidential & Confidential Cell phone accounts, Avaya Site Administration 6.0 to manage the phone system (phone extentions, VM and setting up forwarding rules, Iron Mountain, Backups and restores of workstations with Acronis 11.5, Service Desk Plus 8.2 for ticket system.
Network Admin and Team Lead for Help Desk
- Assisting and overseeing Help Desk staff with determining needs of customers for special projects and request to propose solutions.
- Evaluated network, hardware and software needs and discussed with management of proposed changes.)
- Maintaining inventories on servers, switches and workstations and recommend future needs.
- Network Duties consist of installing, configuring and maintaining Windows 2003 and 2008 servers in a physical and virtual environment.
- Installing, maintaining and securing Cisco switches.
- Managing user accounts and security levels on server and folder access.
- Monitoring usage and space on servers and forecasting future needs.
- Managing backups with Backup Exec 12.5 and AVAMAR Administrator.
- Managing and monitoring VM Servers via Vsphere Client.
- Maintaining Active Directory OUs and objects and verifying security access. Monitoring and addressing security threats via McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Assist with ISSO duties: Configure monthly reports via McAfee Vulnerability Manager and review reports.
- Assist in resolving POAMs in following NIST Rev3. Receive notifications when there is a Security Incident via the CSMC (Cyber Security Management Center) team and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Create reports for yearly true ups on workstations and software via SQL Server Management Studio and SCCM, Reviewing and updating SCD and SSP documents. Assist with elevated Help Desk issues as needed.
- Assist manager with interviewing and hiring Help Desk Staff.
- Duties consist of network administration, backup and restore activities; installation and maintenance of network hardware and software; telecommunications administration, support, and maintenance; inventory and configuration management; and security compliance initiatives.
- Assist within AVS-wide teams tasked to provide integration, installation, maintenance, documentation, and deployment services for a customer Confidential of up to 1,000 users.
- Assist in the of new technicians with use and standard configurations of custom software.
- Assist with elevated Help Desk issues as needed and headed projects for Help Desk staff (Ex: Deployment of 300 Dell Tablets, created SOPs for staff to follow.)
- Trouble shooting LAN/WAN, TCP/IP issues. Setup and support Wireless Network.
- Part of upgrade team upgrading Novell 3.x to 5.x server and also migrated users from Novell to Windows 2000 environment. Support Novell (3.x 5.x) and Windows NT/2000 Servers.
- Evaluate hardware and software for future needs.
- Building and maintaining images for Desktop and Laptops to maintain a standard configuration. Supporting approximately 50 end-users by handling desktop hardware and software issues.
- Educating end-users on how to use hardware and software. Maintaining user accounts and security through Active Directory.
Network Administrator/Oracle Programmer
- Supported approximately 100 end-users by handling hardware and software issues
- Maintained Novell 4.1 Network by managing backups, installing software, maintaining security, updates and patches and monitoring usage and load - Novell 4.1 Network with the following types of clients connected: Unix, Mac, PC, NT Workstation and Server.
- Trouble shooting LAN/WAN, TCP/IP issues.
- Maintained cc: Mail data Confidential 8.0 which resided on a NT Server 4.0.
- Conduct classes to new users on how to access network, database and software applicable to their job.