- 8.5 years of IT Industry experience with specialization in Linux Administration,AWS,DevOps,Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment and Cloud Implementations.
- Around 5 years of experience in developing and supporting applications using Enterprise Java and ASP .net.
- Professional experience in Configuring and Deploying instances on AWS, Azure, and Rackspace cloud environments.
- Expertise in creating DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS) servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- In - depth experience with Amazon AWS Cloud Services, (EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, Cloud Watch, Elastic IP, RDS, SNS, SQS, Glacier, IAM, VPC, Cloud Formation, Route53) and managing security groups on AWS.
- Experience in provision of automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform and Ansible, in addition to deployment tools like SVN, GIT, PVCS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, Perforce, Cruise Control, Jenkins, and Bamboo.
- Experience in Container management usingDockerby writingDockerfiles and set up the automated build onDockerHUB and installing and configuringKubernetes.
- Experience in installing, configuration and administering of DHCP, DNS, FTP, LVM, Apache, LDAP and PHP.
- Experience with Infrastructure design, Active Directory implementation, system builds, performance monitoring tuning and disaster recovery.
- Experience in Deploying and managing applications with Openshift platform.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/configuration of different Application servers like Web Sphere, WebLogic, JBoss. Web Servers like and Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Experienced in setting upTerraformcontinuous build integration system.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Shell, Perl, Python, Bash and Ruby Scripts for merging, branching and automating the processes across the environments.
- Design and develop continuous deployment pipeline integrating Vagrant, Git, Jenkins and Chef across geographically separated hosting zones in AWS and Azure.
- Worked on Microservices for Continuous Delivery environment using Docker and Jenkins.
- Experience in build tools like ANT, Maven and Gradle.
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks) VoIP and UC platform.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl.
- Worked on monitoring tools like Nagios, Zabbix, Stack driver, AWS CloudWatch to health check the various deployed resources and services.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, Fisheye, Crucible and IBM Clear Quest.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have ability to work either independently with littleor no supervision or as a member of team.
TECHNICAL SKILL SET:
Operating Systems: Linux, Red Hat, Windows, Cent OS, Solaris
Cloud Services: AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN, Perforce, Jfrog Artifactory and Clear case
Database: DB2, Oracle, MySql, Mango DB
Build Tools: Maven, ANT and Bitbucket
App Servers: JBOSS and Web Sphere
Web Servers: Apache, Apache Tomcat
Methodologies: Design Patterns, Agile(Scrum), Water fall and V-model
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Bamboo
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Python, Powershell and Bash Scripting
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Fisheye and Rally
Programming Languages: Java, ASP .net, Python
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, ELK, Gomez and cloudwatch
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
AWS Devops Engineer
- As a member of DevOps Team utilizing Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment through Agile Methodology to deliver weekly software deployments through Bamboo.
- Worked with team in the implementation and developing AWS EC2 instance, Amazon S3, Amazon RDS, Amazon Simple DB, and Amazon Elastic Load Balancing.
- Developed API for usingAWSLambda to manage the servers and run the code inAWS.
- Involved in setting up a Microservice architecture for application development.
- Deployed and monitored Microservices using pivotal cloud foundry, also managed domains and routes with the cloud foundry.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Created Python Scripts to automate services on AWS.
- Monitored Linux server for CPU Utilization, Memory Utilization, and Disk Utilization for performance monitoring.
- Engaged with Eclipse for visually designing, constructing, testing and deploying J2EE application and web services.
- Implemented Chef to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production.
- Provided support for Microsoft Active Directory issues, planning, and design.
- Software development team is moving towards containerized application for which our team is responsible for building Paas and maintaining it.
- Setting up a Jenkins jobs in OpenShift and creating a Jenkins tasks.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the Chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Integrated Jenkins with uDeploy and created components, processes and installed uDeploy agents on both windows and Linux machines depending on the requirements.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Worked on creation of customDockercontainer images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, and manage Docker containers with multiple namespace versions.
- Created network architecture on AWS VPC, subnets, Internet Gateway, Route Table and NAT Setup.
- Administration of Fortify web based and database servers on Linux platform.
- As an administrator, set up specific IAM (Identity Access Management) profiles per groups, utilizing AWS best practices to secure resources with AWS based on users and groups.
- Worked on using Chef Attributes, Chef Templates, Chef Recipes, and Chef Files for managing the configurations across various nodes using Ruby.
- Used OpsGenie as a dispatcher with Cloudwatch integration.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion.
- IaaS monitoring through Log Analytics.
- Wrote and managed Chef Deployment scripts.
- Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
Environment: AWS, CloudWatch, Linux, SVN, Docker, Kubernetes, Microservices, Active Directory, Openshift, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Linux, Chef, UDeploy, ELK, Tomcat, Node.js, Shell, Perl, OpsGenie, Nexus and JIRA
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, Integration, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Used Maven scripts to build the source code.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like JBoss.
- CreatedAWS Route53toroute trafficbetween different regions.
- Created playbooksforOpenStackdeployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Created Modules and Manifests for Puppet on Linux infrastructure updates.
- Written Terraform templates, Ansible playbooks and pushed them onto Ansible Server for configuring EC2 Instances.
- Installed Web sphere application server(WAS) on RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Involved in developingPuppet manifests and modulesfor system and application configuration management.
- Level one support for all the build and deploy issues encounter during the build process.
- Assisted internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboard.
- Maintaining troubleshooting and creation of workflows in VRealize Orchestrator.
- UsedAnsibleandAnsibleToweras Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks and quickly deploys critical applications.
- Worked with Openshift quick start application templates to deploy Node.js applications.
- Coordinated with offshore team members for new Build and Deploy requests.
- Supported VoIP/UC platform to simplify roadblocks in network infrastructure.
- Used Kafka to load Used data in to HDFS and move data into NoSQL databases(Cassandra).
- Worked on VRealize administration like managing users and managing multi-machine services.
- Implemented Devops principles to test VoIP phone platform and infrastructure changes.
- Configuration of various plugins for Jenkins for automation of the workflow.
- Used Nagios as IT infrastructure monitoring tool, monitoring host resources such as processor load, disk usage, system logs, monitoring applications, services and network protocols.
- Involved in integrating VoIP security tools.
- Implemented messaging system for different data sources usingapache Kafkaand configuring Highlevel consumersfor online and off-line processing.
- Coordinating with implementation team, to build and engineer services for Linux and Windows OS on AWS.
- Managed client’s entire cloud infrastructure and providing SLA, Capacity Management analyzing whether to add nodes or need to create a new region considering the growth and requirements of the business
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Dealt with errors in pom.xml file to obtain appropriate builds using Maven build tool.
Environments: VMware, Tomcat Apache, Terraform, Openshift, Kafka, Confluence, AWS, VoIP, DynamoDB, Websphere, VPC, Nagios, Git, Puppet, Ansible, Linux, Jenkins, Maven, Jira.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Build and Release Engineer
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts.
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server, Jboss EAP, IBM HTTP Server, Tomcat and Apache Web Server on Windows, RHEL using Puppet Automation Configuration tool.
- Responsible forAzureinfrastructure build-out and monitoring, service deployments, and service scaling across pre-production and production subscriptions.
- Deploy VM instances through Azure portal, PowerShell, ARM templates and runbooks.
- Configuring Network, Security, Storage and Azure extensions for Virtual machines.
- Worked with different relational and NOSQL(Hbase) databases.
- Involved in configuration of NOSQL database with Azure.
- Automation and integrating of Version Control Systems for source code management.
- Designing and implementing a series of Powershell workflows and scripts.
- 24/7 on call production support.
- Responsible for configuringAzure API Management,Traffic ManagerandResource Manager.
- Configured and managed Puppet DB for storing configs and integrating it with Postgres DB as the backend server to export resources.
- Active Directory Infrastructure Administration, Application/system support in a.NET environment.
- Created Perl, python, PowerShell scripts to improvise the automation in Puppet.
- Experienced in working with virtualization techniques especially Hyper-V.
- Cross-functional infrastructure experience with Systems, Storage and Networking knowledge of the operating models for private cloud, IaaS, and PaaS technologies.
- Configured Server for sending automatic mails to the respective people when aSSIS/SSRSprocess failure or success.
- Improvised application maintenance using Load balancing techniques in Azure environment.
- Got an opportunity in working with networking and core Internet protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP.
- Administered RHEL 5, 6, 7, which included installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches and troubleshooting on VM ware virtualization systems.
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Worked on Git, SVN. Maintaining branching model and security in GitHub with best practiced strategies.
Environment: Subversion, Microsoft Azure, Maven, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, JIRA, UNIX/ LINUX, Fedora, Windows, Shell Scripts, Java/J2EE, Azure, GitHub, Puppet.
Cloud Engineer/System Administrator
- Worked on building and deploying Java code through Jenkins.
- Involved in setting up Jenkins build server to the AWS cloud environment.
- Upgrades, installs, configuration and administration security and monitoring tools onLinux.
- Configuration and troubleshooting for Red Hat Linux.
- DevelopedShell scriptsfor automation of daily tasks.
- Setup and maintainedNFS, NIS, andTCP/IPnetwork, configured the systems for TCP/IP Networking with the existing LAN, setting upSSHandSCPfeatures betweenSUN systems and otherLinuxhosts.
- Responsible for resolving network issues using network tools likeping, tcptraceroute,traceroute,tcpdump.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Supported small to medium sized projects using GIT.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Anthill-Pro, Jenkins
- Worked with Performance engineers on Configuration of the environment.
- Developed a continuous deployment pipeline using Jenkins, Ruby/shell scripts.
- Supporting Local System Administrators to troubleshoot Configuration Management and Network issues.
- Analyzing and recommending hardware and software needs and installing them.
Environment: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, SAP, AWS, Apache webserver, Apache JMETER, Shell, PowerShell
- Installation and administration of RHEL and SUSE Linux.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to the servers using Redhat satellite server.
- Remote system administration using tools like SSH, Telnet, and Rlogin.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades.
- Configured firewall using IP tables for system/host security. Hardening Red hat Linux 6 and Solaris server.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMware, Solaris Zones.
- Automation of jobs through crontab.
- Installation of packages, patch management, volume management on Suse servers.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Involved in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic application server.
- Expertise in Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Performed deployment, ongoing maintenance & configuration of systems for maximum availability, security,performance, and documentation in a Linux based production environment
Environment: Red-Hat Linux Enterprise servers (HP Proliant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series, SAN(Netapp), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Shell programming, Jboss 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware Infrastructure 3.5, Tomcat.
- Developed PDF reports using servlets and incorporated in the application.
- Enhanced MIS report and provided “Export to Excel” feature.
- Provided on time support during project “Go Live”.
- Developed two complete functions including form development, logic incorporation and
- integration with existing functions.
- Migration Sql Server queries to MySql queries.
- Provided export to excel feature for “Complaint Status” report.
- Optimized Dash board queries to increase efficiency.