- DevOps Engineer with a definitive understanding of blending development and operations to quickly deliver code to customers. Brings Around 8+ years of extensive experience as software professional which comprises development, cloud management and spans across several business domains.
- Experience using AWS cloud Platform including EC2, VPC, S3, RDS, CloudFormation, Route53, CloudWatch, SNS, SQS, IAM, CodeDeploy,Kinesis,Lambda and CloudFront.
- Experience using AWS Redshift as a data warehouse for storing usage reports of applications.
- Experienced in architecting highly available, fault tolerant and scalable applications in AWS platform using EC2,Auto Scaling Groups, ELB and AMI.
- Ability to create scripts usingAzurePowerShell for automation and build process.
- Experience in dealing with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
- Experience in working with Azure Blob Storage for migrating data to and from cloud.
- Experience deploying and scaling applications on Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Familiarity working with Kubernetes to automate deployment, scaling and management of web Containerized applications on Google Cloud Platform.
- Knowledge in design and implementation of OpenShift Enterprise.
- Good knowledge of OpenStack services like Nova, Neutron, Swift, Ceilometer, Horizon and Cinder.
- Experience developing Docker images to support Development and Testing Teams and their pipelines; distributed Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter and ELK stack images.
- Good knowledge in creation, tagging and pushing of custom Docker containers with Docker swarm.
- Good understanding of Java 1.8 & JEE design patterns, has implemented custom frameworks for clients using a combination of industry practices.
- Good understanding of popular application frameworks like Struts, Spring, Spring Boot and ORM tools like Hibernate.
- Experience in creating Terraform templates for launching custom sized VPC and subnets.
- Knowledge of Working with Jenkins and Maven for Continuous Integration of applications built on Mulesoft Anypoint platform.
- Experience working with Twistlock platform for security and compliance of Docker containers.
- Experience working with Aquasec platform to secure runtime containers and achieve continuous image assurance.
- Hands on experience working with Hashicorp's tools like Vagrant and Packer.
- Experience in deploying custom chef cookbooks, Puppet manifests and Ansible playbooks, to configure the machines in different environments with appropriate package/services and versions
- Good knowledge and experience in using Elasticsearch, log stash, Kibana and fluent dB, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Splunk, New Relic, Prometheus and Grafana for logging and monitoring.
- Skills in querying relational database management systems like Oracle, SQL Server, MYSQL and PostgreSQL.
- Proficiency in NoSQL databases like MongoDB,Cassandra and Amazon DynamoDB.
- Experience in building middle tier Rest APIs and Microservices using Spring Boot.
- Good experience in working with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, ServiceNow, Rally, Clear Quest and Quality center(QC).
- Automating routine tasks through apps/processes built using Ruby and Shell scripting.
- Developing Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules.
- Skills in writing Bash Scripts, Pearl Scripts (hash and arrays), Groovy Scripts, Python programming for deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Proficient in working with different protocols such as SSH, SFTP, HTTP and HTTPS.
- Experience in Artifact repository and repository management tools like QUAY, Docker Hub, Docker Registry, Nexus and JFrog,
- In-depth skills in tools like Git, Gitlab, Github, and SVN dat are used for source code management.
- Advise development teams on architecting and designing web interfaces and infrastructures dat safely and efficiently power the cloud environment.
- Worked on migrating multiple applications and automating the infrastructure creation using CloudFormation for the new applications.
- Written few python workers to automate the tasks including taking backups
- Created and transitioned the infrastructure to AWS using weighted routing policy.
- Implemented Enterprise Integration architecture using Azure Service Bus, AppService, Active Directory, Storage and hybrid connection manager.
- Established connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter using Azure ExpressRoute for Single and Multi-subscription connectivity.
- Configure different Notifications on AWS Services.
- Written various AWS Lambda services for Automating the process of taking EBS Snapshots every day in production environment on the cloud.
- Responsible for security including opening different ports on security groups, Network ACL, building Peering connections, NAT instances & VPN connection.
- Involved on migrating SQL Server databases to SQL Azure Database using SQL Azure Migration Wizard and used Python API to upload agent logs into Azure blob storage.
- Created Aws Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT instances to ensure successful deployment of web applications and data base templates.
- Deployed windows Kubernetes cluster with Azure Container Service (ACS) from Azure CLI.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage.
- Created pipelines for deploying code from Github to Kubernetes cluster in the form of Docker containers using Spinnaker platform.
- Automated Jenkins Job configuration using Groovy scripting, for the better backup and manageability of Jenkins Jobs.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration tool for managing required plugins, configuring the jobs using Git plugins, build system and post build actions, scheduled automatic builds, notifying the build reports, Sonarqube etc.
- Maintained over 40+ jobs in Jenkins from 8 different Application teams for over 4-5 releases in parallel.
- Configured multiple Linux Slaves for Jenkins Master to distribute the load across all the machines.
- Developed Python scripts for automating the generation of weekly reports.
- Monitoring of app servers by scheduling cron jobs and responsible for refreshing or rehydration of DEV and QA infrastructure and make sure not to go out of compliance.
- Trouble-shoot Continuous integration and automated deployment and management using Jenkins 2.x, Ansible, Maven, Artifactory, Docker.
- Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create nightly AMI’s for mission critical production servers as backups.
- Implemented multiple caching strategies to increase the average build speed of frequently used Docker containers from 35 min to 5 min.
- Configured policies on Twistlock platform for HIPAA and custom compliances..
- Installed, Configured and managed Artifact Management repositories which includes Nexus, JFrog and QUAY.
- Responsible for creating Aws Identity and Access Management(IAM) groups and Users for improved login autantication and providing security Group in both Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Worked closely with the development and operations organizations to implement the necessary tools and process to support the automation of builds, deployments, using Ansible
- Configured multiple servers simultaneously through Ansible playbooks on adhoc basis.
- Worked on creation of multiple Amazon Machine Images for multiple regions and different environments using Packer Scripts and automated in Ansible playbook.
- Setting up and troubleshooting the nightly/on-demand builds for regular sprints/hot fixes for all releases.
- Monitoring metrics to identify the health of the services and applications using Nagios.
- Documenting the incidence response reports to aid in the discovery of root cause.
- Used GIT as source code management tool, setup push pull events to invoke builds, automation test cases from Jenkins etc.,
- Worked closely with QA and SRE teams to ensure product quality and release cycles.
Environment: AWS,Azure,Visual Studio, C#, Git, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes,CloudFormation, Groovy, Python, Shell, Jenkins, Maven, Tomcat, Nexus, Artifactory (JFrog), Sonarqube,TFS.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Designed and implemented Amazon Web Services architecture, API implementation EC2 Server setup and deployment, build, maintenance, and configuration of various AWS resources like, EC2, EBS, Elastic Load Balancers, S3, VPC, Security Groups, dat are utilized for different environments like dev, testing, staging/prod.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances & Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 to host static web content, versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Utilized CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volumes; to set alarms for notification or automated actions; and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Used Kinesis to aggregate the logs of web application and tan move those logs to AWS Redshift.
- Used Deployment manager of GCP to launch instances and copy configurations in to additional regions to tackle issues related to region outage.
- Configured the Kubernetes cluster on GCP to establish communication between pods and MySQL instance on RDS of AWS.
- Deployed Docker containers by using images stored in repository using Kubernetes, both on premise and on AWS cloud
- Automated compliance checks for Docker images through SCAP scripts on Aquasec platform.
- Creating multiple testing VM's using Vagrant and monitoring the health of services using Consul.
- Migrated web application developed in python to the latest version of Openshift.
- Prepared Java/J2EE development structure for Eclipse, maven, Jetty.
- Used the Eclipse as IDE, configured and deployed the application onto WebLogic application server using Maven build scripts to automate the build and deployment process.
- Developed various helper classes needed following Core Java multi-threaded programming and Collection classes.
- Created PL/SQL Stored Procedures for the Database layer by studying the required business objects and validating them with Stored Procedures using ORACLE.
- Developed hibernate DAO Accessor Classes using Spring JDBC Template, Worked with Hibernate for object relational mapping and connection management
- Ensure Jenkins setup for all the release artifact components.
- Configured CI, CD (Continuous integration/Deployment) pipe line for the automatic deployment of artifacts/application to the required servers or environments in Jenkins CI, and Clean for the new build process when ever code commits are done to SCM tool Git.
- Involved in writing various custom Ansible playbooks for deployment orchestration and developed Ansible Playbooks to simplify and automate tasks. Protected encrypted data needed for tasks with Ansible Vault.
- Installed and configured Nexus to manage the artifacts in different Repositories and handling dependency management using nexus private repository.
- Developed and executed Shell scripts and worked on Python Scripting in different projects for automation of regular repeating tasks.
- Installed, configured and managed NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Implemented and supported monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk on QA and Production servers for Resource, Network and Log Trace Monitoring. Proficient in working with network protocols like TCP/IP, DNS.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon EC2, Amazon EBS, Amazon Storage Services S3, CloudWatch, AutoScaliing, Route53,IAM, Glacier, AWS opsWorks, AWS Cloudfront,PCF,Ansible, Java,J2ee, Oracle, Weblogic, Jenkins, Nagios, Consul,Nexus,Vagrant,Linux.
- Migrated Jboss application servers from Mac OSX to Linux servers.
- Design, investigate, implement & maintain public facing websites on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & recommend cost TEMPeffective cloud solutions.
- Migrated clients application from a physical data center environment to AWS cloud utilizing relevant services (Including Cloudformation, VPC, peering, EC2, R53, S3, RDS,ELB,SNS,SES, IAM, cloudwatch, cloudtrail,Code Deploy,Code Pipeline), focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, auto-scaling and Focused on Infra as a code and deployment approach using agile practices and the implementation of processes, methodologies and techniques configured for the specific project
- Responsible for provisioning, maintaining and improving upon server infrastructure on AWS cloud. Also provided 24/7/365 on-call support.
- Enhancement of existing web applications dat are built on Java, Spring, REST services.
- Worked with various Java and JEE frameworks like Spring, Spring boot JAX-RS, JAX-WS,JPA, Hibernate, Struts, JSF, EJB 3.1, EJB 2.1 and JMS.
- Experience in performance tuning and troubleshooting Java and JS application by performing thread and heap dump analysis and utilizing profiling and monitoring tools like Dynatrace and log monitoring solutions like Splunk and ELK stack.
- Configured chef to manage AWS environments and automate the build process for core AMIs used by all application deployments including Auto scaling, and incorporating chef on the JSON CloudFormation scripts for the configuration deployment onto the nodes.
- Deployed applications using CF push on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and managed to scale them using CF scale.
- Wrote and maintained extensive documentation & created cookbooks using Ruby framework for configuring the infrastructure and application servers.
- Used custom scripts which (part of jenkins job) launch predefined/tested cloudformation templates (for respective stacks dev, test, load, stage, Prod)
- Assigned Puppet roles to instances as they are launched through script.
- Installed and uploaded respective cookbooks to set the desired state of configuration.
Environment: AWS, Git, putty, Chef, windows, SVN, Java/J2EE, Ruby, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Junit, Nagios, Linux, Jboss Application Server.
Confidential, houston, Texas
- Setup of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Network ACLs, Security Groups and route tables across Amazon Web Services.
- Configuration and administration of Load Balancers, Route53, Network and Auto scaling for high availability
- Integrated Github web hooks into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Migrated various applications and services of teams from on-premise to AWS cloud using AWS resources like EC2, VPC, S3, Security Groups, etc,.
- Generated Ant, shell scripts forbuildactivities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize thebuildacross all the applications.
- Migrated source code management tool form SVN to GitHub, and ensured to has identical configuration.
- Managed Users and Groups in GtiHub and involved in troubleshooting client spec issues and user issues.
- Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component Ant projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Maintained configuration files for each application forbuildpurpose and installed on different environments.
- Directed theReleaseManagement Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successfulRelease.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
Environment: AWS, Git, putty, Linux, windows, SVN, Java/J2EE, Ruby, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Junit, Unix/Linux, Tomcat Apache Application Server.
- As member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on LINUX platform
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing an automation solution
- Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Maintained and tracked inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention
- Experienced working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet master, agents & Databases.
- Assigned Puppet roles to instances as they are launched through script.
- Integration of Puppet with Apache and developed load testing and monitoring suites in Python
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and puppet
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments
- Installation of Application on production and Test server for the use of application development and configuration
- Dealt with Jira as ticket tracking and work flow tool
- Released code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment: Puppet, Git, putty, windows, Java/J2EE, Ruby, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Junit, Linux, Tomcat Apache Application Server
Linux system administrator
- Involved in Design, Configuration & Implementation of Unix/Linux migration activities from 3PAR to EMC SAN devices like VMAX.
- Involved in 24X7 Production support, Build and Migration Assignments.
- Worked Primarily on RHEL 4/5, HPUX, IBM AIX 4.3, 5L and Solaris 9 Operating Systems.
- Text processing, also in network programming with Perl Scripting.
- Involved in migration activities using Redhat LVM, Solaris LVM, Veritas and EMC Open Migrator.
- Installation of OAS (Oracle Application Server) on Solaris 9 and its configuration with oracle database.
- LAMP Server Build and Configuration.
- Migrated ORACLE RAC servers using system EMC Open migrator and TEMPeffectively worked with the database team to bring up/down the databases.
- Writing Shell Scripting for automation of job.
- Monitoring system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Installation of Oracle Patches and Troubleshooting, creating and modifying applicationcreating profiles, Users, roles and maintaining system security.
- Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/8.x.
- Implemented NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
Cloud Computing: AWS, Azure, GCP, PCF, OpenStack, OpenShift
SDLC Models: Waterfall Model, Agile Methodologies (SCRUM)
Web technologies: Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere, WebLogic, etc
Operating System: Windows,Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, CentOS.
Database: Mysql, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, OracleDB.
Monitoring Tools: ELK,Nagios,Splunk, CloudWatch
Scripting: Python, Shell, Bash, Ruby, and Perl
Configuration: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Terraform.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, JUnit, Crucible, Remedy, Bugzilla
SCM & VCS: Subversion, Git, Bitbucket, Perforce, ClearCase.
Artifacts: Sonar Nexus, JFrog ArtiFactory.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS