- Extensive experience in the entire gamut of providing IT Solutions & support covering Unix Systems Administration, Virtualization, Networking with rich years of experience in Solaris System Administration environment and Linux System Administration environment
- A qualified and highly technically certified visionary professional offering nearly 18.02 years of notable contribution in the entire gamut of providing IT Solutions & support covering Networking, Systems Administration with rich years of experience in Solaris System Administration environment and Linux System Administration environment with Virtualization and High Availability Clustering in Linux / Unix environments.
- Certifications entails from Oracle (Sun), Red Hat, Symantec (Veritas), VMWARE, Cisco and ITIL
- Achievement oriented professional with excellent people management skills and an ability to manage change with ease
Physical and Virtual Migration
Data Centre Migration
Data Storage Management
Installation & Troubleshooting
Server Migration & Building (UNIX)
High Availability Clustering
Network Infrastructure Set - up
IT Security Management
Installation & Troubleshooting
Incident & Disaster Management
Hardware Platforms: ORACLE SUN Entry Level, Mid-range, High end servers (v440,T1000,M5000,M3000,6800,280R / 480R, Sunfire 880), HP Proliant Blade Servers, CISCO UCS
Operating Systems: Solaris 8/9.0/10, RedHat Linux 4,5,6
Storage and High Availability Products: Veritas Storage Foundation, Veritas Cluster Server, Solaris Volume Manager, ZettaByte Filesystem ZFS, Logical Volume Manager LVM
Languages: Unix Shell Scripting, Oracle9i SQL®
Web Services: Apache web server
BackUp: VERITA Netbackup, UFSdump,Tar
Firewall: Solaris IP Filter, Linux IP Tables
Virtualization: VMWARE vSphere / Converter, Solaris Zones / Containers
Lead Unix Consultant
- Performing post config changes on Linux servers
- Performing OS upgrades of RHEL 7 AND RHEL 6 using HPSA Policies and HPSA Tool.
- Installation / configuration of Infoscale Veritas Storage Foundation and Infoscale Enterprise Veritas Cluster server Products on Linux servers
- Performing extension and creation of VxVM and LVM filesystem in Linux
- Taking part in Production and DR testing activities
- Performing reboots of Linux Physical on HP Proliant servers and Virtual servers in VMWARE.
- Working in UK project as Unix migration analyst (P2V / V2V / L & S / SAN Migration ) for a leading financial banking client of Confidential
- Unix / Linux storage Migration activities with Veritas Storage Foundation and Veritas Cluster server.
- Performing physical to virtual and virtual to virtual migrations of Linux Servers via VMWARE tools ( VMWARE Converter, vSphere Web Client ) and Unix datacenter migrations of Linux / Solaris servers with Veritas Storage Foundation and Veritas Cluster server.
- Undertaking servers hardware checks and ensuring resolution to hardware issues on priority before Unix migration
- Undertaking storage / clusters checks and getting SAN / Cluster issues resolved prior to scheduled Unix migrations
- Engaged in network requirement checks prior to scheduled Unix migrations; performing OS (Solaris / Linux ) checks prior to scheduled Unix migrations
- Preparing Unix/Linux SAN Sheets prior to scheduled Unix migrations
Hardware Platform: Sun Midrange and entry level and High end servers (v440, T1000, M5000, M3000, 6800, 280R / 480R, Sunfire 880)
- As Unix System administrator provided Level 3 support for various Banking, Insurance, Telecommunications, Energy US / UK, Europe clients supporting 2000 to 3000 + (Physical / Virtual ) servers, with included handling critical incidents, oncall support 24x7 support, change management etc.
- Undertook system administration for Solaris 8 and 9 / 10 OS on Sun Servers including hardware support, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5, 6 OS on HP Proliant Servers, VMWARE, Cisco UCS including HP Proliant / Cisco UCS hardware support
- Imparted first and second level support for VERITAS Netbackup issues, Veritas cluster Administration; created VCS Service Groups
- Performed VCS upgradation and implementation; ensured decommissioning of Filesystems / Storage LUNS in VCS / Veritas Volume Manager
- Managed Sun Server builds and zone builds in Solaris; provided BCV backup support for Oracle databases hosted on Solaris Servers; undertook storage migration on sun servers in VXVM, SVM, ZFS
- Resolved storage link failure issue on Sun Servers using multipating software (EMC Powerpath, VERITAS Dynamic Multipathing, MPIXO)
- For a US leading Financial banking organization Leading offshore Pre Provisioning team for coordinating racking/stacking console configuration of servers in datacenters, ensuring network readiness, Applying Base Linux OS on IBM/HP/Dell servers, Hardware / Network vendor co-ordination for resolving critical server issues .