- DevOps Administrator wif work experience of 4 Years in DevOps, Amazon Web Service(AWS),Cloud Computing and Administration, Virtualization, Continuous Integration (Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Ansible, SVN, Maven), Oracle Solaris, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, LDAP User and systems Security management, Storage Management, Security, Virtualization and Performance Management and Networking.
- Excellent systems administration skills (Windows and Linux Servers - RedHat, Ubuntu, AIX, Solaris)
- Experience deploying highly scalable and fault-tolerant services wifin cloud infrastructure
- Proven ability to manage database infrastructure in AWS (RDS and EC2)
- Expert level experience wif AWS DevOps tools, technologies and APIs associated wif IAM, Cloud Formation, AMIs, SNS, EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, ELB, IAM, Route 53, Security Groups, etc.
- Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL), Support / Troubleshooting experience
- Strong hands-on background in database technologies (Oracle, Mysql, MS SQL, RDS, DynamoDB)
- Solid knowledge of Source/Version Control Tools: CVS, Subversion, Git, Version Manager
- Familiarity wif Agile Development Methodology
- Experience working wif all phases of teh software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Strong working knowledge of storage environments (SAN, NAS)
- Good knowledge of security management, auditing methodology and technology risk assessment
- knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g/12C Database, RAC/ASM/HA, glodengate, and Data Guard environment
- Experience wif web deployment technology specifically including Linux, Apache, Tomcat, and Java.
- Expertise wif IPsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
- Experience building infrastructure as code.
- Hands-on experience migrating Oracle, SQL Server instances to AWS RDS (Oracle to Oracle migration, Oracle to Postgres migration, Oracle to MySQL)
- Experience wif deploying configuration management and CI/CD services such as (Puppet, Ansible, Power shell, Jenkins, Vagrant, Docker, JIRA, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk)
- Experience in AWS Cloud platform which includes EC2, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, VPN Servers.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
- Installation and configuration of JBoss, Web Sphere 5.1/6.0 Application Server on Solaris and Linux boxes.
- Hands on Experience in using configuration management tools like Puppet/ Chef/AWS/Openstack.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autoscalling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, and R53.
- Implemented Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
Operating Systems: Amazon Linux AMI, Linux (Ubuntu, Fedora, Centos, Red Hat, Debian), Solaris
Windows Web and Middleware: Tomcat, APACHE, F5 Load Balancers, Web Logic & Web Sphere, Nagios, JBoss, Microsoft IIS server.
CI/CD tools: Jenkins, GitHub, Maven
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQLServer, MongoDB, Postgre SQL, RDS,DynamoDB
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, SNMP, DNS, TELENT, Squid, HTTP and HTTPS.
Test and Build tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Hudson and Gradle.
Cloud: AWS (EC2, VPC, EBS, S3, IAM, SNS, RDS, Elasti Cache, Route53,DMS,Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, Cloud Watch), AWS Cloud AWS DevOps Tools CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, CodePipelines
Other Cloud: Microsoft Azure, Open stack, Google Cloud Engine, IBM Soft layer.
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
AWS Engineer / Admin
- Automated infrastructure in AWS using amazon web services. Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over teh network wif teh help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Used Chef for Monitoring system and automation.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring teh network bandwidth and teh hard drives status.
- Developed and supported teh Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in teh cloud environment.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in teh cloud and creating instances.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version controller like GIT and integration tools: Jenkins
- Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount teh keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Experience wif Configuration Management Tools (Puppet, Chef).
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied teh Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Send mail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM's wif virtual center and VI client.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers and also logged to munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Installed packages wif yum and rpm.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Debian/Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Configured RedHat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef.
- Designed Chef Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Experience working wif production servers at multiple data centers.
- Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Performed Disk management wif teh help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and security.
Environment: SVN, Git, Ant, Chef, Nagios, Jenkins, Maven, AWS, EC2, S3, ELB, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Python, Vpc, NACL's, Internet gateway, PHP, HTML, SSH, SCP, SFTP, Solar 10 Websphere, Weblogic, Jboss, Bamboo, Hudson, Build Forge.
Confidential, Chantilly, VA
AWS Engineer / Admin
- Worked wif AWS service (EC2, ELB, VPC, S3, Cloud Front, IAM, RDS, Route 53, Cloud watch, SNS).
- Implemented roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and managed network security using Security Groups and IAM.
- Created Amazon EC2 instances using command line calls and troubleshoot teh most common problems wif instances and monitor teh health of Amazon EC2 instances and other AWS services.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and TEMPhas Integrated Ansible wif Jenkins.
- Involved in AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SQS/SNS based on automation Ansible, Python, and Bash Scripts.
- Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation and Involved in teh migration of code from SVN to GIT.
- Datacenter migration to Amazon Web Services ( AWS) infrastructure and provided initial support to Applications and Database teams.
- Define standards for configuring and using AWS services in a secure and scalable manner.
- Data management in AWS cloud including disaster recovery, Backups, automated backups, storing log files etc.
- Monitor Resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SNS and configured notifications for teh alarms generated based on events defined.
- Configured AWS cloud watch to monitor AWS resources and application, includes creating AWS Customized Scripts to monitor various application and system & Instance metrics.
- Troubleshoot AWS EC2 Status check including System Status checks and Instance Status check alerts.
- Good understanding of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), various volume types and utilization of different types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Configured cloud Watch to monitor EBS volumes including monitoring Volume Queue Length to monitor applications/databases performance.
- Monitor RDS by events/Metrics, such as Database Connections, Disk Queue Depth, Free Storage Space, Replica Lag, Read/Write IOPs, Read/Write Latency.
- Provided high available AWS Infrastructure by using Scalability and Elasticity options based on requirement.
- Configured SSL/TLS in every application layer and configuration of mutual authentication, manually using puppet.
- Created Cloud Formation scripts to automate teh provisioning of AWS resources like IAM, EC2, S3, Route 53, SNS, RDS, ELB and Auto Scaling and make calls to provision and configure servers on teh instances.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and configuration management tool like Ansible.
- Used Ant/Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications
- Used EC2 for virtual servers and provisioned Git, Jenkins, configuration management tool like chef on each server.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl. Built Java application using ANT.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Extensively used ANT tool to do teh builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
Environment: AWS - Amazon Cloud - EC2 (Security Groups, Elastic IP's, Load balancers, Auto scaling groups, Placement Groups), S3, Elastic Bean Stack, Direct Connect, VP3, Route 53, Cloud watch, OpsWorks & IAM.
- Managed Amazon Web Service (AWS) projects while coaching teh agile process and help implement agile methodology.
- Understanding of secure-cloud configuration, cloud-security technologies (VPC, Security Groups, etc.) and cloud-permission systems (IAM).
- Add project users to teh AWS account wif multifactor authentication enabled and least privilege permissions.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed wif Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Configure and install RHEL and CENTOS Linux Servers on both virtual machine and bare metal Installation.
- Created Puppet manifests for automating server tasks, installing and monitoring
- Maintaining a farm of EC2 instances, ELB's and RDS.
- Automated teh process of Version controlling, Deployment of EAR'S, WAR'S to all teh environment and applying teh principals of CI/CD.
- Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps wif in teh Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Provided DevOps teams wif clear direction - including appropriate governance and decision making.
- Designed Delivery pipeline in Jenkins based on different Environments like Dev, SIT, UAT and Production.
- Configured Jenkins Master and Slave for RPD and deployment on Weblogic and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Used and written Python scripts to deploy build artifacts to Weblogic WLST (Weblogic Scripting tool).
- Have also worked on writing python scripts to integrate Git and Jenkins wif JIRA.
- Setup and Configured BitBucket server.
- Scheduler for periodic backups of Jenkins, JIRA and PostgreSQL.
- Worked on integrating Selenium wif Jenkins.
- Written Cronjobs to automate daily and weekly jobs.
- Integrated Dockers wif Jenkins using teh Dockers plugin
- Support containerization through Dockers and maintain snapshots of Jenkins.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Ant, Maven, Open Lava, Subversion, UNIX, GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Python, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins.