- Results - driven network professional wif over 7+ years of industry experience in LAN/WAN Design & Implementation, Network Operations, Network Engineering and Troubleshooting Cisco equipment. Extensive experience in routing and switching; ranging from wire-line to wireless environment.
- Experience in Network Security, Juniper Firewalls, SSL VPN, Checkpoint, RSA, Cisco Nexus, Cisco ACE.
- Expert-level knowledge of deploying & troubleshooting L2/L3 TCP/IP, Multilayer Switching, IPSec, UDP, WLAN, MPLS, Multicasting, Ethernet, IP Routing Protocols RIP, OSPF, EIGRP & BGP Cisco routers, switches, ASA and PIX firewall deployment.
- Perform firewall migration projects between different technologies.
- Worked on cisco 7600, 7200, 3900, 2900, 2800, 1700, 800 series routers and 1000 series ASR's.
- Worked on cisco 6500, 4500, 3700, 3500, 2900, 3500X series, POE and non-POE switches.
- Strong Experience in using various tools for management, analyzing, and troubleshooting, monitoring & process automation in Lab & Production environment.
- Hands on Knowledge/experience on F5 load balancers, its methods, implementation and troubleshooting on LTMs and GTMs.
- Experience wif implementation of DNS and DHCP protocols.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, TEMPeffectively analyzing results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
LAN Technologies: VLAN, VTP, vPC, Inter-VLAN routing, STP, RSTP, PVST, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, ATM, MPLS, exposure to DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, NAT, PAT, T1 /T3 & E1/E3
WLAN Technologies: Autonomous AP’s, Lightweight AP’s, WLC, WDS, WLSE, Standards - 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11G
Server Technologies: Cent Os, Linux/Unix, Scripting in Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell
Networking Concepts: Access-lists, Routing, Switching, Subnetting, Designing, CSU/DSU, IPSec, VLAN, VPN, WEP, WAP, VoIP, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
Routers & Switches: Cisco routers (7600,7200,3900,3800,3600,2900,2800,1700,800) & Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900, series), Cisco Nexus 5000,7000 series ; PIX Firewall 506/515/525/535, ASA Firewall 5520/5550
Network Security: Checkpoint, Juniper, Nortel, NAT/PAT, Ingress & Egress Firewall Design, VPN Configuration(L2 and L3), Internet Content, Tenable Network Security, Filtering, Load Balancing, IDS/IPS, URL Filtering, MSS
Routing Protocols: FTP, TFTP, STP, MSTP, VTP, HSRP, VRRP, SNMP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP
TCP/IP Services: DNS, DHCP, SNMP, NAT
F5 Load Balancers: VIPRION 4400, 2400
Firewall: Checkpoint Console R75.40 & R77.10, Cisco PIX - 506, 515, 525 Series Cisco ASA - 5510 5540 5550 Series, Juniper SSG
Wireless Controllers: Cisco 4400, 5500,8500
Access Points: Cisco 1242, 2400 & 3500
Infrastructure Services: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, IIS.
IP Telephony: SIP, H.323, RTP, voice gateways, CCM, VoIP
Platforms: LINUX, UNIX, Windows, Mac
Network Monitoring Tools: Wireshark, Splunk, Cisco works, Cisco Prime, Lancope, SolarWinds, Vitalqip, View Point
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Administration and diagnostics of LAN and WAN wif in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, NAT, PPP, ISDN and associates network protocols and services.
- Experience indeploying EIGRP/BGPredistribution and the changing the metrics for the primary and backup paths for the packet prioritization andEIGRPtuning.
- Planning, designing, Installing and Configuring of Cisco Routers (1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3200, 3600, 3700, 3800 and 7200, 7609) & Cisco L2 & L3 Switches (2900, 3560, 4500 & 6500)
- Configuring VLANs and implementing inter VLAN routing.
- Designed and deployed a fully racked MPLS L3VPN topology wif Cisco technology.
- Instrumental in administrating a Security and Information Event Management (SIEM) solution wif Cisco IPS to automate correlation of Windows and network devices.
- Oversaw migration of WAN links to new service provider, designed full mesh WAN, set up TFTP server to backup, and restored configuration and IOS image files for the PIX, Cisco routers, and Catalyst switches.
- Existing ACE load balancer migration to F5 load balancers and TCL script iRules for the same.
- Configured OSPF, BGP, LDP, MP-BGP on Juniper M320 and Cisco CRS-1 in the Core.
- Upgrading and troubleshooting Cisco IOS to the Cisco Switches and routers.
- Configured Nexus 7000 wif FEX nexus 2000 to migrate around 400 servers from cisco 3750 switch stack.
- Configuring STP, RSTP VTP, SPAN port and Port binding Configuring Site to Site to VPN connectivity.
- Implementation of HSRP, IPSec, Static Route, IPSEC over GRE, Dynamic routing, DHCP,DNS,FTP.TFTP,RAS
- Knowledgeable about IPMulticast, IGMP, IGMP version 2 and 3, CGMP, IGMP Snooping, PIM-Sparse.
- Configure trunk ports and implement granular control of VLANs and VXLANs using NX-OS to ensure virtual and flexible subnets dat can extend further across the network infrastructure than previous generation of switches.
- Creating, Managing and maintaining rules to adhere corporate security standards using checkpoint Firewall.
- Review/setup customer networking infrastructure including router/switch configurations for: WCCP and other redirect methodologies (me.e.: PBR, VRRP, etc.)
- Deployed BIG IP Enterprise manager to cluster all the F5 LTM, GTM, ASA devices for easier management and common configurations.
- Coordinating wif Vendors for creating and modifying firewall and NAT rules and Maintaining Site to Site and SSL VPN.
- Architected and deployed new wireless network including vendor selection (Aruba Networks), site survey, and deployment of back-end services for secure 802.1x autantication.
- Deployed the Cisco 3500 Access Points using Cisco Wireless controllers 5500 and 4400 and WC System and Network access enforcement for multivendor Wi-Fi, wired and VPN networks and advance policy management using Aruba Clearpass.
- Project involved was upgrading Cisco nexus 2000 series switches wif Cisco nexus 5000 series switches.
- Managing Servers using Hardware Load balancer F5 and Cisco ACE load balancer by managing internal customized tools and creating of SSL and Digital Certificates.
- Worked on Installation, configuration and maintenance of Juniper M320, Juniper M7i, and Juniper M10i Routers Configured standard and extended ACL’s on the servers to limit its access.
- Configuring ASA and PIX Firewall to allow site to site VPN access and configuring autantication, encryption, compression, ACL to ensure better security.
- Administered multiple PIX firewalls throughout WAN to ensure LAN integrity from external threats and usage of PaloAlto firewall devices.
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Configured and demonstrated routing concepts such as OSPF and BGP, moreover created site-to-site VPN tunnels for remote airports and vendor locations.
- Worked on BGP configuration for providing redundant internet connectivity using BGP attributes, Route maps, prefix-lists etc.
- Configurations of new nexus switches to migrate servers connected to the old 6500s, Migrating the configurations from pix and fwsm firewalls to a multi context ASA 5585 firewall
- Migrated L3VPN Traffic from Juniper M320's to Cisco CRS-1 wif minimum disruption.
- Migration to virtual servers in F5 Load balancer as part of web.
- Install, configure, upgrade Cisco IOS routers, switches, Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls, Coyote Point, F5 load balancer.
- Managing Cisco Routers3600, 7200 series routers And Cisco Switches 3800 and 6500 series.
- Configuring Net Screen Firewall to allow site to site VPN access and configuring autantication, encryption, compression, ACL to ensure better security. experience in a broad range ofnetworkingtasks including planning, design, test, integration and deployment of high-speed, secure, highly survivable, voice, data & videonetworks.
- Configuring policy based traffic shaping and troubleshooting of Bluecoat WAN Accelerators, and Bluecoat packet shapers and bluecoat proxies.
- Communicated and worked wif Project Managers and Project Engineers where we would participate in daily meetings and discuss the projects, concerns, hindrances, progress and suggestions.
- Participated and presented RFCs in the CAB and ARC meetings and got the projects approved for timely implementations.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Design Implementer/ Network Specialist level 2
- Maintained/Monitored routers and switches at the corporate and remote locations dat include 6509, 4500, 3500 and 2900 series switches and 7600, 3800, 2800 series routers
- Implemented new WAN infrastructure for 34 Canada sites using OSPF as the main routing protocol
- Hands on experience and Good Understanding ofOSPF, BGP, MP-BGP,MPLS-VPN.
- Provided ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting of the remote LAN/WAN infrastructures
- Migrated network from full mesh frame relay to Point-Point T1 on larger sites, and implemented IPsec VPN on smaller sites.
- Monitor and trouble shoot LAN issues including LAN drops, port-channels, VTP and RSTP
- Used Ngenious Netscout and wireshark softwares to capture packets for network trouble shooting.
- Routing between Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimization Controllers and Cisco and Juniper router platforms.
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Configured and monitored PPP for WAN links
- Made changes to the documentations using MS Visio
- Communicated wif our main ISP’s AT&T and Sprint for RFOs, routing issues, cabling issues, and issues related to LEC.
- Restarted services on Microsoft based servers upon customer requests
- Monitored 6509s at the core layer; 4507s, 3560s and 3550s at the access layer of the regional corporate office and replaced end-of-life hardware and added redundancy.
- Experience in Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay and ATM).
- Built and upgraded LAN/WAN Infrastructure
- Part of the team dat terminated T1 lines on Cisco 6509 Switches
- Designed and implemented VLAN using Cisco catalyst switches 6509, 4507, 3560, 3550
- Worked as Layer 2/3 support engineer
- Deployed Routers/Switches, Wireless AP and Barracuda load balancer
- Configured Cisco 2960, 3550, 3560 at the access layer at different locations
- Upgraded computer hardware and software
- Maintained onsite computer hardware and software to provide minimal downtime
- Part of the team dat negotiated wif outside vendors and approved contracted services
- Set up LAN cabling, servers, PCs, printers, routers, hubs, switches, scanners, software, backup/restore, tuning and optimizing
- Assisted end-users in resolving hardware and software issues
- Configured Windows 2000 as File, Print and WEB servers
- Experience wif different Network Management Tools and Sniffers like SNMP, HP-Open view, and Cisco works to support 24 x 7 Network Operation Center.
- Restarted different services and bounced servers as per customer requests in order to maximize productivity and sales.
- Provided onsite trouble shooting at multiple locations throughout Mid-Atlantic region