- Experience in working with Cisco Catalyst series 2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500.
- Experience in working with Cisco 2800, 3600, 3800, 3900, 7200 7600 series Routers.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco Nexus2232, 2248, 5548, 6001 and 7018(Sup 2E) and worked on nexus protocols VPC, VRF, VDC and FEX Links.
- Implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting switching tasks such as VLANs, VTP, VLAN Trunking using ISL and 802.1Q, STP, RSTP, PVST+, Ether channel using LACP and PAGP, Inter - Vlan routing, CEF and DCEF.
- Experienced in configuring, deploying, maintaining, and troubleshooting of routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, Policy routing, and BGP on Cisco routers.
- Migrated VIP’s, pools, profiles and irules from v10 to v11.
- Vast knowledge on Juniper platform (SRX, MX, EX).
- Worked on implementing first hop redundancy protocols like HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP.
- Network security policies like NAT, PAT, VPN, DMVPN, Route-maps and Access lists.
- Worked on WAN technologies such as Frame-relay, PPP, HDLC, and DS3.
- Maintaining and updating inventory using Network Management Application layer software’s like SNMP, Wireshark, NTP, and Syslog.
- Configured Cisco Wireless Networks like IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, LWAPP, WLC, WCS, Standalone APs, Roaming, Wireless Security Basics, RF spectrum characteristics.
- Performed security operations on ASA firewalls, Failover on ASA Firewall (Active/Standby & Active/Active).
- Managed enterprise grade server/application load balancing using F5 LTM/GTM.
- Drawing Visio Diagrams using MS Visio for documentation purposes
Routers: Cisco 2600, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600, Juniper M320, M7i, M10i
Cisco Catalyst Switches: 2960, 3750, 4500, and 6500 and Nexus 2232, 2248, 5548, 6001, 7018 series
LAN Technologies: Ethernet Standards, VLAN, Inter-VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, SMTP, Ether Channel, PortFast, ACL, Light weight access points
Security: ACLs, NAT, PAT, VLAN, Palo Alto.
Routing Protocols: RIP V1/V2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, Static Routing, Summarization
Gateway Redundancy: HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, Ether channel technology (LACP, PAgP)
Firewall: Cisco ASA, IPSEC, Checkpoint Firewall.
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, tcpdump, Netflow Analyzer, IBM Netcool, Network Time Machine and QIP.
Network Equipment’s: F5 Local Traffic Manager, Bluecoat Proxy, and F5 Global Traffic Manager.
Operating Systems: Windows (98, 2000, XP, 7), UNIX/Linux
Load Balancers: Cisco CSM, proxy, F5 Networks (BIG-IP LTM and GTM)
Confidential, Secaucus, NJ
- Worked with Cisco Layer 3 switches 3750, 4500, 6500; Cisco Nexus 2248, 5548, 6001 and 7018 in multi VLAN environment with the use of inter-VLAN routing, 802.1Q trunk, ether channel.
- Installed Catalyst 6509E switches with 40GE and 10GE line cards; Configured VSS on it.
- Performed daily network operations including checking sanity and health of network devices using NMS. Performed network configuration remediation and standardization.
- Deployed Nexus switches 2248, 5548, 7018 and implemented features like FEX Links, VPC, VRF, VDC, and OTV, Fabric Path.
- Performed corporate data center refresh project by replacing existing Catalyst based legacy switches to Nexus 7000s, 7100s, 5000s, 2000s & Nexus 6000. Worked on latest QSFP+ 40 GE interfaces which were used for Access layer fabric aggregation. Very good understanding on Nexus 7K architecture including F series and M series modules, the Crossbar fabric modules and Supervisor 2E.
- Performed Nexus-OS ISSU, EPLD upgrade and damage recovery exercises.
- Coordinated with internal technical groups for delivery of telecommunication services and network infrastructure.
- Configured policy statements, routing instances, route manipulation on RIP, OSPF.
- Migrated legacy F5 LTM and GTM appliance for the latest versions of appliances.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of site to site and client to site VPN’s on ASA firewall.
- Knowledge of Designing, Implementing and Troubleshooting Cisco Routers and Switches with multiple routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, FCOE, BGP & MPLS.
- Working with different kinds of Anyconnect devices like Websense and Symantec.
- Configured F5 GTM which contains Pool Load Balancing Methods, probers and monitors.
- Familiar with multivendor network and security equipment i.e., Cisco, F5 LTM and Juniper.
- Advance experience with the F5 load balancers configuration via advance shell and TMSH.
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall.
- Performed advanced troubleshooting on ASA firewalls using packet flow & packet capture methods.
- Configured and deployed Application based load balancing using F5 LTMs & site level load balancing on F5 GTMs using 3900 & 6900 BIG-IP appliances.
- Create and maintain VPN infrastructure with Cisco Pix firewalls spanning 25 sites.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Troubleshooting day-to-day switching issues with VTP and trunking protocols (like 802.1q and ISL) on catalyst 3560, 3750, 4500 switches and Juniper M320 Series of routers.
- Installation, Maintenance, Troubleshooting Local and Wide Areas Network (ISDN, Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Participated in on call support in troubleshooting the configuration and installation issues.
- Maintained redundancy on Cisco 2600, 2800 and 3600 router with HSRP.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, and HSRP authentication
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4. Configured IP access filter policies. Cisco CLI, Cisco works, Network Security, Network Analysis Tools.
- Maintained TCP/IP problems troubleshoot connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- As part of Network operations, worked on multiple tickets as per priority and severity levels.
- Performed security operations by adding rules in firewalls and pushing firewall policy as per the incidents and rules requests from users.
- Performed firewall troubleshooting by analyzing rules and traffic flow.
- Worked on Documentation like creating solution documents and Visio diagrams.
Jr. Network Engineer
- Performed IOS upgrades/Password recovery on Catalyst 1900, 2900 series switches and 2500, 2600 series routers.
- Did racking, stacking, and cabling network-based, IT systems
- Configured Access List ACL (Std., Ext, and Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Configuring of IP Allocation and sub netting for all applications and servers and other needs throughout company using FLSM, VLSM addressing.
- Troubleshot the issues related to L1 and L2 levels.
- Network maintenance checks, configure and manage printers, copiers, and other miscellaneous network equipment.
- Installing operating systems, software and hardware on computers.
- Responsible for Data Backup, System Update, Recovery and Restore, and Spyware removal.
- Assisting Junior and Senior Engineers, on-site management of cable-wiring technicians
- Troubleshoot problems on a day to day basis and documented every issue to share it with design teams.