- 7 years of Networking and Security experience, includes providing network support, installation and analysis for a broad range of LAN / WAN/MAN communication systems.
- Highly skilled in implementing and troubleshooting complex layer 2 technologies such as VLANs, VTP, Ether channel, STP, RSTP and MST and gateway redundancy protocols like HSRP, VRRP, GLBP.
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP - BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4, MPLS.
- Peering inbound and outbound through BGP and configuring BGP/OSPF routing policies and designs.
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems.
- Competent in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers, Load Balancers & Cisco Firewalls
- Hands on experience in configuring and supporting site-to-site and remote access server, IPSec, VPN solutions using ASA/PIX firewalls, Cisco and VPN client.
- Experience in site to site VPN configurations using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus Switches and Virtual Port Channel configuration also with Nexus 7K, 5K, 2K devices.
- Responsible for Check Point and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Involved in data centre migrations from one data centre to other.
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Worked on VOIP on Session Initiation Protocol to provide a comfortable abstraction to the VOIP application layer, so that it may focus on the application logic and communications protocols
- Involved in migration of Frame-relay connections to MPLS based technology with the extranet clients.
- Involved in topology diagrams of network environment and network infrastructure.
- Involving in VPN (IPSEC and GRE) migrations and new designs for the clients.
- Creation of change tickets and implement according to the customer requirements.
- Working knowledge on configuring access lists, NAT and troubleshooting DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Have good experience in Active Directory 2010 administration.
- Involved in troubleshooting network traffic and its diagnosis using tools like ping, traceroute, WireShark, TCPdump, and Linux operating system servers.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls as per the design.
- Knowledge in preparing Technical Documentation and presentations using Microsoft VISIO/Office.
- Excellent customer management/resolution, problem solving, debugging skills and capable of quickly learning, effectively analyzes results and implement and delivering solutions as an individual and as part of a team.
- Ensures the project will achieve targeted dates to ensure business continuity. Involved in meetings with engineering teams to prepare the configurations according to the client requirement.
Confidential, Basking Ridge, NJ
Senior Network Engineer
- Configuring Static, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF Routing Protocols on Cisco 1600, 2600, 2800, 3600, 7300 series Routers.
- Configured Site to Site IPsec, VPN tunnels to peer with different clients and each of the client having different specifications of Phase 1 and Phase 2 policies using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Configured Easy VPN server and SSL VPN, to facilitate various employee’s access internal servers and resources with access restrictions.
- Responsible for entire company network infrastructure that includes Cisco Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Access Points, Servers and PBX.
- Configuration of inside ACL, outside ACL, NAT and PAT policies.
- Designing the OSPF areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
- Designed 10 gigabit networks using Cisco Nexus 7000 series switches, and Cisco 3800 series routers
- Project on the design and implementation of industry standard network protocols and used to implement the VOIP
- Installed, configured and set security policies on cisco and checkpoint firewalls, VPN
- Troubleshooting with WireShark identifying Session Initiation Protocol Errors and identify separate TCP conversation with TCP stream index
- Configuring Virtual Chassis for Juniper switches EX-4200,Firewalls SRX-210
- Deploying Layer 2 security in Server Farms by configuring switch for 802.1x port based authentication.
- Implemented, configured BGP WAN routing, converting OSPF routes to BGP (OSPF in local routing).
- Negotiated VPN tunnels using IPSEC encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Worked on F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900, configured profiles and ensured high availability
- Implemented various OSPF scenarios on networks consisting of 7600 routers
- Deploy and configure the networking components per the detailed design.
- Support the project manager in defining the work and the associated effort, duration, and resource needs to deliver the solution.
- Communicate status to the project manager to provide completion status of assigned tasks, estimate to complete for remaining effort, and associated issues/risks.
- Based on defined technical requirements and architecture blueprints work with a cross-functional team to develop the network detailed design and associated network specifications as part of an overall solution design.
- Document test cases, perform operational readiness testing to ensure the networking environment performs as required and document actual results.
Environment: RIP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VLAN, MPLS, F5 Load Balancer 6400, STP, RPVST, LAN, WAN and HSRP, Juniper SRX, Juniper EX, LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP, FTP, HTTP, CISCO ASA
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Network engineer
- Participated in all technical aspects of LAN, WAN, VPN and security internetworking projects including, short and long term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required.
- Has expertise in LAN/WAN technologies (fast Ethernet, Layer2 & 3 switched/routed LAN, and Frame Relay). Implemented NAT solution's on WAN applications.
- Involved in the improving the Wide area network performance by delivering optimization (WAN optimization) using the Riverbed technology.
- Assisted with troubleshooting all network issues with routers and switches when necessary and consulted with on call tech as needed for client.
- Configured policy based routing for BGP for complex network systems
- Configured Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) VPN with Routing Information Protocol (RIP) on the customer’s site
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local preference.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers and Juniper M series Edge Routers
- Configured Routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS static routing and policy base routing.
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Utilized Project Management training and experience as the lead in the final phase testing of the entire voice over IP solutions we designed and implemented.
- Provided Technical Support and solutions forNetwork Problems.
- Dedicatedly Improved OSPF convergence by controlling SPF algorithm.
- Configuration and troubleshooting link state protocols like OSPF in single area and multiple areas
- Highly skilled in TCP/IP tool like TELNET for remote login to the routers and SSH for secure login.
- Responsible for Checkpoint firewall management and operations across our global networks.
- Extensively worked on Checkpoint Support for resolving escalated issues
- Experienced in virtualization technologies like VMware, OpenFlow
- Designed a solution for IDS/IPS (Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System) on ARADA wireless stack. It covers the detection and prevention mechanisms for DoS attacks in 802.11 networks, rogue AP and EAP level attacks.
- Extensively worked on Nexus 5k and 7k, troubleshooting and configuration.
- Configured and managed Cisco IDS/IPS, Cisco secure Intrusion Prevention System (IPS/IDS)
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel. Design and implemented network
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring.
- Planned, tested and evaluated various equipment’s, IOSs and procedures for use within the Network/ security infrastructure, upgraded IOS, troubleshootnetworkoutages.
- Participated in all technical aspects of Internet security Service projects including, short and long term planning, implementation, project management and operations support as required.
Environment: CiscoASA5510,Checkpoint,OSPF,BGP,VLAN,HSRP,LAN,WAN,IPV4,CheckpointNexus 7K/5K/2K
Sr. Network engineer
- Highly involved in complete LAN, WAN, Extranet redesign (including IP address planning, designing, installation, pre configuration of network equipment, testing, and maintenance) in both Campus and Branch networks
- Configuring layer-2 technologies like STP, VTP with suitable parameters as per the network environment.
- Configure various LAN switches such as CISCO CAT 2900, 3550, 4500, 6509 switches
- Involved in troubleshooting IP addressing issues and Updating IOS images using TFTP.
- Implemented VTP and Trunking protocols (802.1q and ISL) on 3560, 3750 and 4500 series Cisco Catalyst switches.
- Worked on different networking concepts and routing protocols like RIP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and other LAN/WAN technologies.
- Configured VLAN’s, Private VLAN’s and enabling inter-VLAN routing.
- Configuring routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF & BGP and troubleshooting layer3 issues.
- Responsible for designing and implementation of customer’s network and Security infrastructure.
- Worked extensively in Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco's ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Provided Load Balancing towards access layer from core layer using F5 Network Load Balancers.
- Managed the F5 BigIP GTM/LTM appliances to include writing iRules, SSL offload and everyday task of creating WIP and VIPs
- Experience with configuring Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender (FEX) which acts as a remote line card (module) for the Nexus 5000
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Firewalls like ASA 5520, ASA 5510, and Juniper firewalls SSG 140 & 550M etc.
- Identify, design and implement flexible, responsive, and secure technology services
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification
- Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks
- Support customer with the configuration and maintenance of PIX and ASA firewall systems
- Configured Site to Site IPsec VPN tunnels to peer with different clients and each of client having different specifications of Phase 1 and Phase 2 policies using Cisco ASA 5500 series firewalls.
- Configured ASA 5540 to ensure high-end security on the network with ACLs and Firewall. Assigned a security level (0-100) on Cisco ASA and the number vary with the trust issues. For trusted it is 100 and less trusted it is 0. Worked with firewall SRX550 services gateway security for routing, switching and WAN connectivity.
- Used IPSec VPN tunnelling to provide access to user machines and partners in other network. Provided application level redundancy and availability by deploying F5 load balancers LTM.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with Cisco ASA VPN experience
Environment: Cisco 2900/3550/4500/6809 switches, Cisco 1600/2600/2800/3600/7300 routers,Cisco ASA5510, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA, PIX, LAN, WAN, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Nexus 2K/5K/7K,VLAN, F5 BigIP GTM/LTM.Juniper SSG 140
Sr. Network engineer
- Configured STP for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing
- Implemented VTP and Trunking protocols (802.1q and ISL) on 3560, 3750 and 4500series Cisco Catalyst switches
- Planned and implemented Subnetting, VLSM to conserve IP addresses
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
- Done troubleshooting of TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment
- Provided on-call support for installation and troubleshooting of the configuration issues
- Configured Standard, Extended, and Named Access Lists to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others
- Provided Technical support for improvement, upgradation, and expansion of the existing network architecture