SUMMARY OF SKILLS:
- 7+ years of Professional experience as VMware Administration and Windows Administration,Windows, Desktop and Data center Operations.
- Professional experience on VMware, AWS and Windows, wif Data center Operations experience.
- Upgrade and redesign of Vcenter from 5.5 to 6.0 and 5.5 to 6.5.
- Migration Vcenter server 5.5 from windows based to Vcenter Appliance 6.0/6.5.
- Experience in deploying, maintaining and updating VMware VRealize operations manager.
- Experience in Capacity planning using VROPS.
- Experience in deploying and managing various versions of SRM 5.1/5.5/6.0/6.1/6.5.
- Experience in deploying, working and updating environment wif various versions of VSAN 5.5/6.0/6.1/6.2/6.5/6.6.
- Implementing VRealize Automation 5.2/6.2/7.0/7.2, IAAS also integration of puppet plugin on the VRA.
- Architected and implementation of AWS wif good noledge of EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto - Scaling, Security Groups, Route53, IAM, EBS, AMI, RDS, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CloudFront, and Direct Connect.
- Experience and good understanding of converged and hyper-converged infrastructure like VCE VBLOCK, VXRAIL, VSPEX and Nutanix.
- Experience on deploying and working wif NSX 6.2/6.3, have configured NSX EDGE on the infrastructure to integrate wif AWS.
- Deployed and managed the VMware VRealize and Vcloud suite of products like VROPS, VRA, VRealize log Insite.
- Experience on HP One-view, migrating blade systems and virtual connect infrastructure to One-view.
- Experience wif HP blades BL 460c/660c and rack servers DL 360/380/580 Gen7/9.
- Extensive Experience on Cisco UCS infrastructure deployed and performed UCS upgrades of various versions of hardware like Fabric Interconnects 6100/6200/6300.
- Deploying, upgrading and maintaining Cisco UCS mins fabric interconnects 6324.
- Integrating, managing and upgrading UCS Central version 1.1 to 1.5(1b).
- Experience in deploying and updating Cisco E-series card in the router wif ESXI on them..
- Experience and understanding of switching and routing and worked wif various Cisco device like Cisco switches nexus 2000/5000/7000/9000, Cisco Routers 3900.
- Experience in working wif enterprise telephone systems like Cisco call manager CUCM 9.x up to 11.X, CUIC 9.X, PCCE/CVP applications and also VXML gateways.
- Good understanding of the Cisco MDS/Brocade switches along wif experience wif EMC VNX/VNXe/VMAX/VPLEX/Data Domain and also implemented EMC recovery point(EMC RPA)
- Excellent experience on implementing VMware vCenter Server for centralized management of ESX/ESXi hosts & virtual servers, setting up automated V-Motion and configuring HA and DRS clusters.
- Concepts for latest Technologies, Documentation and verifying Test cases for Future implementations of VSphere 6.5, VMware VROPS (VMware VRealize Operations Manager).
- Designed, Installed and Configured VMware ESX/ESXi wifin vSphere 3.5, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 VMware View 4.5, 4.6, 5.0 and 6.0 environments, Consolidated Backup, load balancing, DRS, HA, FT, DPM, vMotion and VMware Data Recovery, VCloud directory & VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.1/5.5/6.0/6.1/6.5
- Built, Configured and Deployed VMs and Templates. Migrated Physical-to-Virtual (P2V) and Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) Migration of Windows XP, 7, 2000, 2003, & 2008 from VMware and Hyper-V.
- Designed and Implemented VMware environment backup procedures and disaster recovery solutions using IBM Big-Fix/WSUS/SSCM for packaging and patching, EMC Networker/Veeam/VDP for backups and SRM for disaster recovery.
- Experience wif 3rd party solutions in VMware environments including Veeam, EMC Replication Manager, Symantec, and Cisco.
- Experience in Windows 2000/2003/2008&R2/2012&R2 servers.
- Experience in Active Directory 2008/R2 and 2012/R2.
- Manage the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of servers, hardware, software, OS and distributed printers in a Microsoft Windows OS and server environment.
- Experience wif SCCM, WSUS, IBM Big Fix configured and integrated wif Active Directory.
- Strong experience in System Administration, Installation, Upgrading, Patches, Migration, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning
- Deployed and Maintained Microsoft Technologies including: Windows Servers 2000, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012R2; SQL servers 2005, 2008, 2012 DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy Design and Implementation, IIS 6.0; Remote Desktop Services, Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Deployment.
Operating systems: Windows Server 2003, 2008/R2, 2012/R2, 2016 and RHEL
VMware/ Virtualization: VMware ESXI, VMware VSphere, VMware ESXI 3, 3.5 and 4.1/4.0, 5.0/5.5, 6.0, 6.5, VCenter server 4.0/5.0/5.5/6.0 and 6.5 VSAN, VROPS, VRealize Log Insite, Vrealize Network Insight, VRA, SRM, VIDM, VROPS.
Windows: Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy, Clustering, Windows 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012/R2 and 2016.
Networking: Switching and Routing, LAN/WLAN/WAN, wired and wireless networks, VPN site-to-site, NXOS, Nexuses 7K/5K Terminal services, RIS server, TCP/IP.
Servers: Cisco UCS B-Series/C-Server, Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant DL/BL Series, IBM Power System models.
Directory Services: Active Directory, DHCP & DNS server services and Administration of IIS 6.0 /7.0.
Confidential Island, NY
- Deployed and architected AWS infrastructure for PSEGLI.
- Deployed and maintained VPC, EC2 instances, EBS volumes, s3, ELB.
- Deployed and integrated INFOBLOX wif Route 53.
- Configured and maintained IAM, AMIs, Cloud watch, Cloud foundation, security groups, ACLs and direct connect.
- Configured Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda functions and cloud Endure for migration.
- Installation & configuration of different versions of OS on VMs for Patch testing and analysis.
- Configured on Cisco UCS (B-series and C-Series), HP ProLiant DL 580/380 G7/G9 servers and Dell PowerEdge.
- Integrated VMware and Citrix using Cisco UCS and Nvidia GPU (Telsa M60)
- Architect the upgrade from Vcenter 5.5 (Windows based) to new Vcenter 6.5(Photon OS).
- Configured and managed backups using EMC DD wif EMC Networker.
- Worked wif EMC VNX, EMC VMAX, EMC VPLEX and EMC Unity.
- Configured and administrated VMware SRM for Disaster recovery using RPA as replication.
- Architected and redesigned Cisco UCS environment wif different domains as per best practice and business requirement.
- Deployed and configured Cisco UCS Central and integrated all policies and profile from UCS manager to UCS central.
- Deployed and configured Cisco UCS director and integrated wif UCS, network (Nexus 7 K and 5K), VMware and EMC storage arrays.
- Architected and configured VRA (VRealize Automation) and automated build and decommission process.
- Deployed the new puppet plug in to VRA for automation.
- Deployed and upgraded VROPS from 6.0.X version to 6.6
- Deployed and configure BIGFIX.
- Worked and configured EMC RPA for replication of data.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning using VROPS.
- Deployed and maintained DCMI tools like Nlyte.
- Hardening Windows server 2008/2012 R2.
- Maintained DNS using Infoblox and windows DNS.
- Maintain multiple domains and done schema update from 2008 to 2016
- Added domain controllers and segregated sites in AD
- AD/GPO clean up and hardening of desktops.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
VMware Administrator/Windows Admin
- OS administration of Windows servers
- Installation & configuration of different versions of Windows OS on VMs for Patch testing and analysis.
- Configured on HP Proliant BL460c blades, DL 360/380/580 Rack servers, Dell PowerEdge R410 servers and Cisco UCS.
- HP One-view 1.2 version, migration and management of HP infrastructure.
- Upgrade HP One-view from 1.2 to 2.0
- Firmware upgrades to all HP infrastructure using HP One-view.
- Worked on Unified System Management tool.
- Worked on Half and full width blades (B-series and C-series)
- OS installation, configure and update hardware and software to ensure optimal performance and security.
- Coordinate wif vendors if needed to troubleshoot or implement hardware and software technologies.
- Configured and maintained DNS and Active Directory.
- Active directory administration like adding, deleting and updating the user in different groups.
- Designed and implemented group policy design.
- Experience in working wif Group policy management console.
- Successfully designed, deployed, and configuredWSUSServer as well as multiple downstream servers.
- Performing updates to the SCCM application as required (patches, hotfixes, service packs).
- Architectural design of ESX in a data center and implementation.
- Evaluate factors such as reporting formats required, cost constraints and need for security restrictions to determine hardware configuration.
- Test and verify hardware and support peripherals to ensure dat they meet specifications and requirements, analyzing and recording test data.
- Maintain the systems database records.
- Monitoring andperformance troubleshooting.
- P2V & V2V migration.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Configuring and managing windows Clusters.
- Managing multiple data centers and Vcenters.
- Configure virtual environments for VMware High Availability (HA), vMotion, NIC Teaming, Host Profiles, VLAN tagging and Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS).
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- VMware Security, following the VMware guide.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Investigate & troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate wif impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
Confidential, Dayton, OH
VMware Administrator/Windows Admin
- Design and deploy new VMware vSphere 5.5 and VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) 5.5 environment and maintained the existing VMware vSphere environment.
- Provide support and maintain the virtual server infrastructure, which consists of multiple HP ProLiant models and IBM servers, VMware vSphere 5.5 platforms and IBM SAN Volumes Controller systems.
- Designed/Maintained AD, DNS and DHCP in the environment on virtual machines.
- Created group policies and managed/used them in the virtual environment.
- ManagedGroupPolicyObjects (GPOs) throughout theActiveDirectory(AD) enterprise
- VMware storage configurations like ISCSCI and fiber channel.
- Develop and implement VMware ESXi host upgrade plan from version 5.0 to 5.1 and to 5.5 in existing environment.
- Built, Installed and Managed ESXi hosts on HP and IBM servers, and Installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Create and configured test environment for Horizon View 6 Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) for 20 users for conference room.
- Manage VMware vCenter, created Datacenter Environment by creating VMware clusters, adding ESX/ESXi hosts in the clusters, and implemented HA and DRS.
- Perform Physical to Virtual (P2V) conversions and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) on servers utilizing VMware Converter.
- Involved in Installing, Clustering and Administration of SQL Server 2005 on Windows Cluster.
- Create and Manage Snapshot and restoring a snapshot.
- Build Virtual machine wif REHL and Install VMware tools and troubleshoot.
- Patch the hosts using Update Manager and profile.
- Observe and Monitor the performance, and capacity of the VMware virtual machines, ESXi hosts and IBM storage.
- Involved in customizing/modifying VM’s me.e. (Memory, hard disk, NIC) and Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
- Problem analysis and Troubleshooting of ESXi Servers wif service console. Resolving issues on servers, VLANS, switches, and kvm in data center.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like, Create and configure Vmware Standard and Distributed vSwitches (Cisco Nexus 1000v switch), different port groups, NIC teaming and VLAN Problem management for the environment.
- Configured and maintained new VM’s and Installed Microsoft windows servers, managing VM’s and ESXi servers by using Putty and Web Access and installing the Vmware Tools on the VMs.
- Excellent Knowledge in creating and managing users, Configuring and managing security permissions, role and responsibility in virtual center management for access to virtual machines.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues during Site Recovery Manager Implementation.
- Involved in day to day support related to Data Center, virtual environment and documentation.
- Actively involved in planning the Disaster Recovery (DR) and responsible in understanding the requirements and coordinating Business Continuity (BC) planning activities.
- Documenting systems and procedures.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Administrating production servers/network infrastructure dat includes Windows Administration of Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers (HTTP/S, FTP and SMTP), Exchange 2003 Mail Servers, NAS, File and print Servers, RADIUS, Blackberry 5.0 and Terminal Servers on Windows 2003/2008.
- Responsible production support of Active directory (AD), Domain users, Users and groups and given appropriate permissions, shares and privilege to access LAN and Domain environment.
- Familiar wif web based .Net application, xml integration in IIS web server, IIS Clustering, Load Balancing, Logging and Reporting.
- Familiar wif windows, software and Hardware based Firewalls. Allow/Block ports, inbound/outbound tcp/udp traffic, PAT/NAT, Remote Access VPN and site to site vpn, content filtering, log analyzing, reporting, configurations of Syslog, snmp, access control.
- Installed and Implemented VMware ESX 3.5 host servers wif vSphere Client, vSphere CLI. Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Familiar wif backup and restore of Vmware host server configuration, Virtual Machine backup, snapshot, P2V-V2V conversation wif VMware converter and wif other third party converters, Patch updation, monitoring/reporting, SSH and SNMP and notification of alerts.
- Installed and implement NFS server using windows UNIX service and configured wif VMware Host servers for storage.
- Installed, Configured Citrix Xen Server and Windows 2008 Hyper-V R2 on Dell Hardware wif ISCSI networks.
- Administrating Symantec Endpoint Antivirus console, managing 300+ antivirus client’s computers like definition updates, Exception policies, scanning, reporting etc…
- Installation and maintenance of EMC products Data Domain, DMX, Data Domain, VPlex, Atmos and Avamar.
- Installed and implemented open source OpenFiler 2.3 iSCSI SAN wif RAID 10 for Vmware and other servers wif iSCSI initiators. Also managing iStor SAN and Symantec Backup Exec 12.
- Responsible for halpdesk support using Spiceworks ticketing system, inventory and system reporting.
- Participated in the migration planning, developing, testing and moving the migration process onto full-fledged production network.