- Seeking a position as a Cisco Network/Voice Engineer wif a professional company that can utilize my noledge and proven experience in Cisco routing and switching, network administration and Voice as well as leadership and supervision.
- Over 10 years of professional and senior level experience in information technology to include Cisco router and switch configuration, network administration, design, engineering, high level troubleshooting and 2nd level support.
- Extensive noledge and experience working in over 500 different networking environments from nationwide networks wif over 300 locations and 10,000 users to small dynamic networking environments wif 10 users.
- Excellent problem resolution skills in identifying and resolving network problems relating to connectivity, protocol, transport and router/switch related issues.
Network TechnologiesRouting Protocols: RIP, RIPv2, OSPF, ISIS, IGP, EIGRP, BGP, EBGP, X.25, Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS.
Transport Protocols: TCP, IP, PPTP, IPX, SPX, NWlink, NetBEUI, NetBIOS
Routers: 700,1700, 2500, 2600,2800, 3600, 4000, 5500, 6500 series Cisco, Westel, Acatel
Switches/Hubs: Netgear, Cisco Catalyst, HP
Networking: Active Directory, DNS, DDNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP, DFS, RAS, RIS
Operating Systems Enterprise: Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Microsoft NT4.0, Cisco IOS, CUCME, CUCM ver7,ver8.
Desktop: Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 9x, XP, ME, DOS
Applications Data Backup & Recovery: Veritas Backup Exec, HP Backup, RAID Mirror, Striping, Tape Drives
Remote Access: PC Anywhere, Terminal Server
Messaging: Microsoft Exchange 2000, MS Exchange 5.5
SecurityAntivirus: Symantec Enterprise Anti - Virus Server & client, MS VPN, various 3rd party VPN clients.
Access: NTFS/Share permissions, GPOs, Cisco Access/Extended Access Lists, VLANs, NAT
Encryption: PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, PPTP, L2TP, Ipsec, Kerberos, Registry, Wireless
Hardware Computers: Personal computers, laptops and servers; IBM Clones, Dell, Compaq, and HP
Confidential - San Bernardino, CA
IPT Voice/network Engineer
- Troubleshoot Voice network. Upgrade IOS on UC 520, setup VLans on ESW520. Upgraded CME to 7.0. Admin on CME and Unity. Add new users and reconfigured Call Manager. Setup Extension Mobility and configured Users. Reconfigured Hunt groups. Moved Cisco IP phones in new location. Wired up SG-200 in remote location. Troubleshoot Fiber links. Cleaned up CME and router configs. Reconfigured voice translation rules.
- Trained Employees on Features and general use of Cisco 7962’s. Assisted in Troubleshooting technical issues during implementation as well as assisted employees on setup. Was available for Post Install.
- Deployed over 300 Cisco 7962 IP Phones. Trained Employees on Features and general use.
- Assisted in Troubleshooting technical issues during implementation as well as assisted employees on setup.client is on CUCM ver8.
- Establish online partnerships wif Internet Technology Companies.
- Qualify candidates for Cisco training, program mentoring.
- Work on Cisco training in a lab environment.
- Voice, wireless and security modules.
- Setup Cisco firewalls, ASA 5505, setup Cisco unity express.
- Worked wif 7940, 7906. Configured 2621, 3550, 6500 series.
- Trained on CVP, ICM,AVVID, UCCE wif brief exposure to Customer Voice Portal Studio, TACACS
IPT Engineer/ Manager
- Worked wif teh Design staff in pre-sales and estimates
- Negotiated contracts and overseeing of inventory control
- Installed and Repaired products and took care of customer support
- Design and Installed servers and monitored network
- Installed Cisco 2500,2600 series routers, Cisco 1900,2900 Series Switches
- Ran cabling. Installed Nortel Phone system
- Proficient wif Microsoft Office. (Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Occasionally consulted outside clients on equipment Upgrades
- Touched on VOIP, CVP, ICM, UCCE, TACACS,AVVID
- CUCM ver 7 and Ver 8, upgrade from previous versions. Setup gateways, Partitions and CSS’s.
- HP Networking Solutions, 2810 switches, router
Confidential -San Bernardino, CA
Network Consultant/IPT Engineer/network engineer
- Worked as senior/professional level independent consultant performing various consulting activities ranging from Cisco network engineering, enterprise application support, network engineering and administration for clients such as Washington Mutual and Windsor Closets.
- Part of a Siemens deployment team responsible for teh configuration and deployment of all major Cisco routing and switching equipment for all branches of Washington Mutual across teh United States.
- Uniquely configured over 1000 pieces of enterprise-level Cisco equipment including 2600, 3500, 3600, 4000 and 5500 series routers and switches for over 250 Washington Mutual bank branches from technical specifications, engineering documentations and network documentation.
- Configurations performed on teh routers and switches include but not limited to setting up all IP and related configurations, configuring interfaces such as 2A/S, T1 CSU/DSU, setting up Cisco switched VLANs for logical network segmentation and security, Gigabit interface configuration for high speed gigabit switch trunking, and VPN configuration for remote access.
- Additional activities performed include but not limited to general network administration, file and directory design and maintenance, enterprise applications implementation and maintenance, network security administration, network monitoring, network backup and 2nd level desktop support.
- Configured users in CUCM and Unity.
- Lead a team of over 10 WAN technicians that was responsible for installation and troubleshooting of routers including Cisco, Acatel and Westel for corporate and small business clients at teh rate of over 40 tickets per day.
- Technical responsibilities included hardware wiring and setup, software configuration, design and implementation of IP addressing scheme, verification and testing for both internal LAN and external WAN connectivity .started working wif IP telephony for small to large sized organizations. Call manager 3.2.
- Other responsibilities included 2nd level escalation support to other technicians, inventory management of WAN equipment prior to implementation, and general personnel management of technicians on an as needed basis.
Confidential -Corona, CA
Technical Services Manager
- Managed a team of 5 technicians responsible for teh installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of desktops, servers and networking devices for over 250 contracts in teh greater southern California area to include management of a combined total of over 1000 servers and over 6000 desktops running Windows NT 4.0, Windows 9x, Windows 2000 and Windows XP and Cisco routers from 1700 series to 4000 series.
- Responsible for annual service contract revenue of over $1,500,000 wif local and national clients such as American Title, Fluor Daniels, ARB Construction and Stuart Title.
- Other duties included but not limited to break/fix problem resolution, hardware/software conflicts, network connectivity, and user administration involving directory permissions configurations, network printing and IP addressing.
- Other responsibilities included consultation on purchase and upgrade of new technologies to existing and prospective clients, vendor relations wif various wholesalers and manufacturers, inventory management of stored equipment, and work scheduling of other technicians.