- Technology & Operations Management Executive and Independent Consultant with a successful track record managing all aspects of an information technology department, including: vendors, service delivery, operations, support, budgets, voice and data networks, data centers, and international call centers. Recruited, hired, managed and motivated several highly skilled cross - functional international teams, as well as external service providers to ensure the delivery of efficient, budget conscious services to clients while tracking and adjusting project plans according to the needs of both the customer and the business.
- Information Technology Service Management Best Practices Strategic Planning & Execution
- Global Call Center and Infrastructure ManagementBudget Development/Administration
- Incident Management and Reporting Vendor Contract & Service Agreements
- IT & Corporate Policy Development Strong Management Mentoring and Team Building
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Resource and Project Management
- IPT Implementations and MigrationsVoice Over IP Phone System Migrations
Manager Network and Telecom
- Vendor Relations - Managed relations with service providers including: Nortel, Avaya Red/Blue, Cisco, Polycom, and others.Defined and measured processes using KPIs, dashboard reports, monthly status reports to demonstrating SLA and OLA compliance to track key project milestones, and to insure all stakeholders’ expectations were exceeded.
- Incident and outage resolution - Managed process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization.Managed incidents, performed root cause analysis of problems and outages, performed escalations with vendors and carriers, best practice reviews, as well as Front Range Service manager, change control, tickets, and reporting.
- Change Management - Conducted weekly meetings, manage change control process and approvals, reporting progress, identifying issues and risks, updating project managers and stakeholders, addressing required schedule changes and escalations, scheduling and rescheduling work based upon business needs. Maintained network Visio diagrams and site location information.
- Contract negotiations - Initiated RFP, SOW, SLA, change requests and renewal agreements, enforcing penalties and chargebacks, etc.
- Team Manager - Managed activities, training, and daily work assignments of all network engineers, storage engineers, telecom specialists and other staff assigned to support the network and telecom needs in a manner consistent within the hospitals objectives, ensuring the technical systems and resources are available to meet or exceed the organization's goals and needs.
- Stakeholder Management - Collaborated with other IS Managers, as well as customers across the organization, to identify needs, align strategies, and to develop and implement the best solutions to meet the agreed upon requirements.
- Responsible for Departmental Goals - through the implementation of appropriate health care applications and technologies.
Manager, Service Delivery, Vendors, Network, and Telecom
- Strategic Planning - Developed mission plans, goals, policies, and managed capital and operating budgets.
- Vendor Relationships – Managed service providers including: Damovo, Avaya, Cisco, Polycom, and others.
- Reporting and Documenting – Defined and measured processes using metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs). Generated and distributed daily dashboard reports and monthly status reports to measure the effectiveness of the process, to track key project milestones, to demonstrating SLA and OLA compliance, and to insure all stakeholders’ expectations were exceeded. Maintained all network documentation, Visio diagrams and site location information.
- Vendor Support Services – Served as liaison between the PMO and business stakeholders, as well as managed the above vendors associated with the project. Hosted weekly service related outstanding issues call, as well as monthly vendor improvement conference calls and status reporting to senior management.
- Incident and Outage Resolution Management – Managed incidents, outages, escalations, performance and best practice reviews, as well as Remedy, ServiceNow, and HP Service manager reporting.
- Change Management – Hosted weekly vendor/PMO meetings, managed change control process and approvals, reporting progress, identifying issues and risks, updating project managers and stakeholders, addressing required schedule changes and escalations, scheduling and rescheduling work based upon HP or Procter and Gamble's business needs.
- Contract Negotiations – Initiate RFP, SOW, master agreements, change requests, renewal contracts, negotiations and SLA agreements, enforcing penalties and chargebacks, etc.
- Voice infrastructure, Carrier Migrations and Data Center moves – Oversaw domestic and international vendor activities for a global company-wide voice infrastructure upgrade project, several carrier migration projects, data center moves and new site builds for Procter and Gamble. New site installs consisted of Astra, Avaya, and Cisco hardware and PBX upgrades/installs, and circuit cutovers. New site and data center installs consist of cabling, punch down blocks, PDUs, Astra, Avaya, Cisco, HP, and many other types of hardware and PBX installs/ upgrades, and thousands of both new and cutover circuits and testing.
- Telecommunications Upgrade – Upgraded 561 complex cross-functional voice infrastructure and carrier "new site installs" and "existing site migration projects" simultaneously.
- Cisco, Avaya and Astra VOIP Installs – Managing the process internally within Hewlett Packard and also with the client and vendors, Cisco, Avaya and Astra, in many international locations.
- Trend Analysis – Performed trend analysis to identify recurring problems and recommend and implement solutions.
Manager, Support Services, Service Delivery, Vendors, Network, and Telecom
- Vendor Relations – Implemented a problem management process, initiated, managed, and improved relations with both carriers and service providers including: AT&T, Verizon, MCI, Quest, Sprint and Shared Technologies.
- Weekly and monthly status reporting to senior management – Developed and delivered reports designed to track key project milestones, demonstrate SLA compliance, minimize the need for repetitive client questions and to insure all business stakeholders and customer expectations were meet or exceeded. I also maintained all network documentation and Visio diagrams.
- Support services – Implemented and maintained Support services for a very large end user population serving as liaison between both the business stakeholders and the many vendors associated with the project.
- Telecommunications Upgrades – Manages multiple complex cross-functional voice infrastructure and carrier migration project.
- System Conversions – Ensured timely implementation of PRI and other circuits, scheduled site cutovers and ported thousands of numbers and DID ranges.
- Daily Maintenance – Maintained 52 PBXs and thousands of circuits in the US and Canada.
- Daily Operations – Provided support and technical direction for helpdesk incidents, including Severity 1 trouble tickets, entered support information into both a Remedy and Service Now call tracking systems and produced monthly management reports.
- Cisco VOIP Install – Participate in RFP process, choosing Cisco over Avaya and Nortel, installed Cisco VOIP including Unified communication manager version 8 and associated hardware in multiple locations.
- Change Management – Identified, tracked, assigned and escalated problems to the appropriate group or vendor. Attended weekly change management meetings, reported progress, identified risks, and updated stakeholders of progress for week-end and after hour’s cutover work, developed roll back plans should an issue arise, scheduled work based on company business needs.
Manager Service Delivery
- Managed End User computing for the teamsters – Deployed workstation packages, managing workstation security, automation, help desk end user call management and various refresh projects.
- Vendor Management – Managed RFP selection process, SOW, SLA contracts, performance compliance and contract renewal.
- Voice Migration – Managed the transition to new VoIP solution, replacing multiple PBX systems, negotiating new SLA and pricing agreements with carriers, and installed a call accounting system.
- Desktop Systems Upgrade – Migration of 400 workstations to new Dell laptops, Windows 7 Professional with Office including HIPAA compliance for benefits administration group ensuring all patient privacy and data security requirements were adhered to.
- Replaced Interactive Voice Response System – Replaced customer’s existing IVR solution to better comply with new HIPPA healthcare laws. This voice response system was utilized by employees to select healthcare benefit options.
- Data Center/Network Install – Hardware included: Cisco PIX, and sonic wall firewalls, Tripp Lite, wire ladders between all 48 Port Cat6 Patch Panels, one KVM per Rack, gigabit backbone broken down to two VLANs per Floor. Several Cisco 1700 series routers providing point to point TCP/IP data traffic and voice-over-IP- IP telephony and QOS services per campus to the main data center in NYC, circuits, CSU/DSU, CPE and UPS equipment, remote management systems and consoles.
- Implemented Helpdesk/Call Center – Implemented a new helpdesk and trained helpdesk support staff.
- Reporting – Weekly and monthly status reporting to senior management designed to track key project milestones, demonstrate compliance to SLAs, minimize the need for repetitive client questions and to insure all customer expectations were meet or exceeded. I also maintaining all network diagrams and Visio documents.
- Daily Operations – Provided support and technical direction for all helpdesk and operations center activities including Severity 1 trouble tickets and after-hours support ensuring all support information is logged into a Remedy call tracking system.
Network and Support Manager
- Global Lead for EUC (End user Computing) service delivery supporting 16,000+ end users across the globe
- Vendor Management – Managed all aspects of vender management including budgeting and cost management, creating and developing SLA agreements and RFP proposals to provide better scale to the company’s IT infrastructure.
- Telecommunications Installations and Upgrades – Managed multiple site installs and upgrades, as well as monitoring all aspects of infrastructure.
- Implemented and Managed International Call Center – Implemented and managed a network operations center and international helpdesk, providing 24 hour “follow the sun” support. Designed a customized Remedy ticketing system to identify, track, and improve process and streamline response times to enhance user experience.
- International VPN Network – Developed, implemented, managed, and maintained a worldwide global remote access data network providing all external access to our data network.
- Team leader- Responsible for monitoring the progress and performance of both individual and team goals, providing recruiting, annual review and daily mentoring to attract and retain top talent, as well as collaborating with other management teams to achieve and prioritize enterprise goals.
- Disaster recovery/business continuity – Designed and implemented continuity plans later utilized to recover after 9/11.
Mobile Office Support Manager
- Support Services – Managed support services for a very large remote sales force, managed desktop image creation, selection of hardware and software, upgrades, installations and support for over 250 laptop computers throughout the United States.
- Problem Management and Training – Conducted regional training classes and oversaw first level helpdesk support staff.
- Owner of End User computing implementing Imaging solutions, automation development, Patch deployment and compliance, call resolution and SLA compliance
Software Experience: Microsoft Windows, Office, Outlook, Exchange all versions; Novell NetWare; Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux; Norton and MacAfee antivirus; Ghost; PRISM; Eclipse Project Portfolio; Avaya call center manager; Audix voicemail;
Service Delivery and Support: ITSM, FrontRange; Remedy; HP Service Manager; ServiceNow.
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows all versions server and desktop; Novell networks; Ubuntu Linux; Red Hat Linux;
Hardware Experience: Servers IBM; Compaq; Dell; DEC; Sun; HP; Northern Telecom; 3Com.
Protocols: All ISO; TCP/IP; UDP; IPX; SPX; T1; RS-232; V.35; DS-1; DS-3; SONET; RIP; SAP; IGMP; ADS; LDAP; OSPF; IOS; QoS; BGP; Frame Relay; ATM; PPP; RAS; PPTP; L2TP; IPSec; VoIP; PPPoE; WAP; RPC; Pop3; SMTP; X.25.
Voice: Cisco; Avaya Red/Blue; Rolm; InterTel; Northern Telecom; SIP; Mitel; IPC; Adtran; WebEx; Skype for Business; Chatbot; Chatbox; Aspect IVR; US Robotics; Multi VOIP; Octel; Genesys; Verint; Polycom.
Languages: C; SAS; APL; JCL; DOS editor and Batch commands.
Tools: One point; NETIQ; Ipswitch CA Whatsup Professional; VNC; Veritas Backup exec; Compaq Insight manager; Enterprise administrator; Hyena; McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator; and AT&T global dialer administration. HP Open-view; VNC; Carbon Copy; Remote desktop; Crosstalk; WinFax Pro; PC Anywhere; Intel Lansight/Landesk; Norton and MacAfee antivirus; EPO server; Ghost; Avaya call center manager; PC Tools; Meridian Mail; Audix voicemail; Call Pilot; One point; NETIQ; Ipswitch CA Whatsup Professional; Putty; Cisco Discovery Protocol; Security dynamics Token admin.
Network and Monitoring Tools: Cisco; Blue Coat; Nortel; Ascend; Linksys; D-Link; Motorola; Security Dynamics; Data General; Apex Data; Intel; SMC Active Directory; DHCP; DNS; WINS; VNC; HP Open-view; Veritas Backup exec; Compaq Insight Manager; Hyena; McAfee ePolicy; Putty; Cisco Discovery Protocol; SolarWinds; Wire-shark; Checkpoint; Cisco ASA.