- 6+ years of planning and engineering, IP network operations, Multi - vendor IP network design for small, medium and large data-centers, customers and network operations centers.
- IP network design and administration with multi-vendor platforms with TCP/IP, LAN switching, Spanning-Tree and various Cisco IP routing protocols RIP, EIGRP, OSPF.
- IP route redistribution; static routing configuration for network connectivity.
- Spanning-Tree Protocol and VTP tuning, design and upgrades for large and small customers.
- Implemented data center core redundancy contingency countermeasures with HSRP and GBLP.
- Experienced and comfortable in working more than 40 hours per week whenever required.
- Good self-awareness. Actively seeks out task that help develop skills and knowledge.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
LAN Technologies: Ethernet / Fast Ethernet / Gigabit Ethernet, Ten Gigabit Ethernet, VLANs, VTP, STP, RSTP, Ether-channel.
TCP/ IP: Subnetting, VLSM.
Routing: Static, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
IP Services management: NAT, DHCP.
Network Security: Access Control Lists, Switchport port security, Firewalls.
Administration and troubleshooting: CDP, TELNET, PING and TRACEROUTE, SNMP and SYSLOG, CISCO IOS software and configurations, Solarwinds Orion, and Kiwi Syslog
Network Analysis Tools: Wireshark.
Software: Cisco IOS, Cisco Cat OS, Cisco NX-OS and native IOS, HP open view and Remedy
Hardware: Cisco Catalyst 6509 Series, Cisco 3900, Cisco Catalyst 6513 Series, Cisco Catalyst 4000 Series, Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series, Nexus 2K, Nexus 5K, and Nexus 7K, ASR 9922, ASR 9010, Cisco Supervisor 720, Cisco 3600 Series Routers, Cisco 2800 Series Routers, Cisco CMTS, ARRIS, Arista (7280QR, 7050X, 7060)
Wireless: Aruba Access Point (105, 125), Cisco Access Point (1140)
Firewall: ASA 5510, ASA5520
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Supports test and certification functions for Cisco and Arista products and solutions in conjunction with the Network Services Architecture & Engineering organization.
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use and troubleshooting of Integrated Hardware and Software and prepare instruction manuals and training guides as assigned.
- Manage equipment shipping, receiving and asset management.
- Configure, Install, and upgrade routers and switches (Cisco: 3048, 9372, 9396, 7710, and Arista: 7280QR, 7050x, 7060)
- Using IXIA N2X test tool for testing High-Speed Data Network
- Work on documents.
- Attend meetings.
Senior Network Engineer
Confidential, Hicksville, NY
- Managed and troubleshot ASR 9K, Nexus 7K, Cisco 7609, and Juniper MX2010. Including installation, upgrades, and configuration.
- Worked with IP routes, BGP, OSPF and Cisco LAN Switches.
- Bring the peers up, balance the traffic, and Check the latency.
- Working on ACL, prefix-list, route-policy
- Using Arbor, SevOne, and Cacti for monitoring the traffic.
- Install the blades in ASR 9K, install 100 Gig fiber Optics CFPs, Ten Gig Optics SFP+s, Gig.
- Configure the ports in Juniper for servers
- Clean the fiber
- Worked with Google, Akamai, Netflix to support their servers - Re-IP use, install the updated software.
- Configured VLAN, Port assignment, configure interfaces configure bundle-ether.
- IP Control - assign IP address
- Build and Update the documents.
- Config IPv6 in CMTS (UBR7200, 10Ks), Arris C4 and E6000), 7609s, Nexus, ASR
- Worked on DHCP servers (Incognito)
- Configure SNMP
- Create and Closed ACP-Change Management
- Worked on Cisco Prime Infrastructure (version 2.1) for LAN and Wi-Fi.
- Configure the Cisco Switches (Nexus 2k, 5K, 2960s, 3850s, 4510s, 7609s)
- Involving in: purchase, install, configure, troubleshoot, and maintain hardware and software to ensure the availability and functionality of systems work for different clients.
- Performed wireless LAN site surveys and document suggested improvement areas.
- Configure Cisco Access Point (1140).
- Attend meeting with the clients.
- Built network documentation, which includes accurate site inventory, site network diagrams, logical LAN/WAN diagram, network device list (routers/switches), server information sheets, network administration information document for clients.
- Patch the cables, stack and rack.
- Writing report for daily bases and work progress.
- Preparation of documentations related to network setup.
- Working on IP Control- Diamond IP tool (Assigning IP Addresses)
- Config IPv4 in CMTS (UBR7200, 10Ks), Arris C4 and E6000), 7609, Nexus, ASR
- IP reservation
- DHCP Servers- adding the IP scopes
- Software (OS, IOS, and IOS XR)
- Installing the VOIP phones
- Create and close the Change Management (ACP).
- Managed and troubleshot Cisco 6500, 4500, 3900, 3500 series Nexus 2K and Nexus 5K. Including installation, upgrades, and configuration and management.
- Product testing and support for a wide range of products like routers, Layer2/layer3 switches.
- Differentiated between System and Network issues and provided quick resolutions.
- Worked with IP routes, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF and Cisco LAN Switches.
- Assigned IP address using IPAM tool.
- Worked on HPSM.
- Established interactive communication with the end users to understand their day to day problems and subsequently provide satisfactory solution in time
- Patched the cables, stack and rack.
- Configured VLAN, Port assignment.
- Maintained and troubleshot switch and application network connectivity, including LAN and TCP/IP issues, accounts and security for all applications servers.
- Assisted in performing network analysis, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools.
- Addressing trouble tickets until a resolution has been reached, and/or the customer is satisfied with the result.
- Worked on Router 2800, 2600, 2500, 3640, 3825, 3700 switches such as Cisco 3725, 3560, 3550, 2960, 2950, 4500 & 6500.
- Monitored T3, T1, ISDN and Leased lines.
- Analyzed network and planned capacity using tools like Wireshark
- Configured of VLAN, Port assignment
- Coordinated with vendor regarding Link status and reporting on timely bases to Superiors
- Worked on call management (reset the password, create a new account for new users)
- Created Network uptime report and sending to the management as per weekly schedule.
- Maintained and troubleshot switch and application network connectivity, including LAN and TCP/IP issues. configured new routers and switches thru remotely for the client
- Time to time upgrade network connectivity with multiple link paths and routers running HSRP, EIGRP in unequal cost load balancing to build resilient network
- Upgraded IOS, Flash memory and DRAM on core routers and field routers
- Worked on Router 2800, 2600, 2500, 3640, 3825, 3700 switches such as Cisco 3725, 3560, 3550, 2960, 2950, 4500 & 6500
- Performed network analysis and capacity planning experience using tools like Wireshark
- Configured of VLAN, Port assignment. End server Network related problems
- Coordinated with Vendor regarding Link status and reporting on timely bases to Superiors
- Maintained network uptime 99.96% as per SLA bases
- Maintained Network Documents, updating timely bases
- Created Network uptime report and sending to the management as per weekly schedule