- AWS Certified Solution Architect with 8+ years of professional experience on DevOps operations process like Build/Release Management, unit test automation, Software Configuration Management, Environment, Service, Event and Change Management. Understand and regulate the space between operations and development to quickly deliver code to customers.
- Proficient level of experience on DevOps essential tools like Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Git, maven, Docker, and Linux/Unix system administrator on Redhat EL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, CentOS 4.x,5.x, Oracle Enterprise Linux and VMware V - Sphere ESX/ESXi environment.
- Supported AWS Cloud environment with 160+AWS instances and configured Elastic IP & Elastic Storage and also experience working on implemented security groups.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and creating new machines using CM/ Provisioning tools likeChefandPuppet, Docker and Vgrant
- Experience on AWS Cloud platform and its features including EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Autoscaling, CloudFront, IAM, S3, SQS, SNS, and Route53.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Github and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups optimized volumes and EC2 instances
- Experience in migrating private cloud framework to AWS and set up hybrid cloud using AWS and allot servers
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT to frame the deployable artifacts such as jar and war from source code as well the migrating of build tool from Ant to Maven.
- Experience on AWS Cloud platform and its features including EC2, EBS, VPC, RDS, IAM, S3, Route53 CloudWatch, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Autoscaling and CloudFront .
- Build a CI/CD pipeline to automate the process using the python and Bash script.
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) and Elastic Block Storage volumes (EBS).
- Expertise in working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, managed and upgraded Puppet Master, Agents & Databases.Involved in headmost Automation Deployment Team by working with puppet. Created snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances.
- Creating Snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances
- Experience in Installation and configuration of VMware workstation and VMware ESX / ESXi server and creation ofVMs and install different guest OS.
- Expertize in Configuring S3 versions and lifecycle policies to backup files and used Glacier for the archive files.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows, Red Hat Linux, Cent OS and VMware Environments
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA, GitHub.
- understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Utilized Kubernetes and Docker for the runtime environment for the CI/CD system to build, test, and deploy.
- Extensively experienced in Bash, Perl, Python scripting on Linux.
- Provided production support in an on-call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Programming Languages: C, Perl, Shell, Ruby, XML, HTML
Database Systems: SQL Server 2000/2005, MS SQL, Dynamo DB
Version Control Tools: Perforce, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Clear case
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, GRADLE
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch
CI Tools: HUDSON, JENKINS
CM Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes
AWS Services: EC2, ELB, EBS, AMI, S3, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, Glacier, CloudFront
Web Technologies: WebLogic, WebSphere,, Apache Tomcat, Httpd
Platforms: UNIX, Linux (Red Hat 4.x,5.x,6.x), CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows 8/7/Vista/ XP
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Created AWS Launch configurations based on customized AMI and use this launch configuration to configure auto scaling groups and Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Route53, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Develop and maintain the software performance, functional and physical attributes with its requirement and design in the configuration management system and manage the shared file repository and files which are transferred between the repository and individual file system within the SCM system using Perforce.
- CreatedAWSinstances and deployed applications and delivered for QA teams to initiate Performance testing and rectify the errors and success rates by understanding its validation and why is it necessary.
- Execution AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets. Developed CloudFormation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Execution AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub
- Creating cloud formation scripts for hosting software on AWS cloud. Automating the installation of Software through PowerShell scripts.
- Installed and configured several Redhat/ CentOS servers on VMware ESXi 5.1 Virtual Environment. Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Good understanding in how to manage OpenStack storage options like configuring Cinder to add GlusterFS and after creating volume lists and verifying GlusterFS integration with Cinder.
- Expertise functioning on Docker Container, Docker Hub, creating Docker images and administrating multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration
- Build additional Docker Slave nodes for Jenkins using custom built Docker images and instances.
- Hands on Experience in maintaining Puppet modules to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Performing in configuring and monitoring distributed and different stage servers utilizing Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to oversee configure nodes.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for setup administration to the existing framework.
- Utilized Puppet to oversee Web Applications, Configure Files, Data Base, Commands, User Mount Points, and Packages
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Installing and configuring the Redhat /CentOS 6.X using the Kickstart files which are kept in a single Kickstart server which can be accessible by multiple machines physical and virtual server environment.
- Framing the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by computing Monitoring Metrics to CloudWatch and the respective Alarms.
- Automated Deployment of Java based applications into Tomcat, WebLogic servers using Chef and Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, VPC, ELB, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch, Cloud trail, Dynamo DB, Route 53, AMI, SQS, SNS, CDN), Redhat/ CentOS6.X, VMware ESXi 5.1, kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, GIT and Chef, Auto Scaling, Elastic
Load Balancing, Glacier.
Confidential - plano texas
- Built servers utilizing AWS: Gathering volumes, propelling EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Route53, CodeDeploy, made security gatherings, Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers (ELB's) in the characterized Virtual Private Connection.
- Automating backups by Shell for Linux to transfer data in to S3 bucket
- Experience in AmazonEC2 in setting up instances, worked intimately with infrastructure teams to troubleshoot complex issues and setting up Security Groups.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef recipes and cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Utilized AWS Import/Export accelerates moving a lot of information all through AWS utilizing portable storage capacity devices for transport.
- Set up system for dynamically adding and removing web services from a server using Docker, Nginx and in AWS using Autoscaling.
- Experienced in branching, Merging, tagging and maintaining using version control tool like Git, GitHub, when the code is successful and ready, we tag them release it to the trunk from the branch
- Experience in configuration management tools like Chef and Ansible.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of Chef client nodes for provisioning. Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Taken off Chef to all servers, utilized the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, and backups.
- Created procedures to unify, streamline and automate application improvement and deployment techniques with LINUX container technology utilizing Docker.
- SupportedLinux /Solaris servers in production / stage / development environment.
- Implemented Puppet for software deployments like managing and configuring Puppet master server, updating and creating modules and pushing them to the puppet clients.
- Worked on creating the Dockercontainers and Dockerconsoles for managing the application life.
- Configuring a local Docker hub for storing Docker images internally and using the Docker registry.
- Administrating and Handing configuration management of Android GIT and source code repositories.
- Worked with Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, managing containers, directory structures and removing Docker images
- Experience Develop new security template in VMWare for Red Hat Linux 6.5 to meet existing security standard
- Day to day duties for UNIX/Linux server Maintenance and Support to developer’s team for their issues with application, tuning, troubleshooting, software running on UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Automated the front-ends platform into highly scalable, predictable, repeatable infrastructure utilizing high level of automation using Chef, Jenkins, and Cloud Formation.
- Experience in executing Organization DevOps methodology in different situations of LINUX and Windows servers alongside adopting cloud procedures based on Amazon Web Services.
- Managed users, workflow, groups and projects in JIRA.
- Planned and executed the migration from Bugzilla-based bug-tracking and jenkins CI tool into the JIRA.
Environment: AWS (Gathering volumes, propelling EC2, RDS, S3, IAM, Route53 Auto-Scaling, Load Balancers (ELB's)), Docker, Nginx Git, Chef, Ansible, DNS, puppet, VMWare,Red Hat Linux 6.5, JIRA, jenkins, UNIX/Linux Servers.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
- Installed and Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting of Red Hat Linux server issues and hardware issues and replacements.
- Used Git for SCM(Software Configuration management) and maintaining the versions. UsedAWScloud services to launch Linux and windows machines.
- Created Cloud Formation templates and deployedAWSresources using it, Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Implemented and maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN) and GIT involved in occasional documenting and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Modified existing Maven files in case of errors or changes in project requirements and Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Build the maven artifacts using Jenkins and Deploying into Amazon Cloud Environment by adding Monitoring Metrics to CloudWatch and the respective Alarms
- Converted and automated builds using ANT and Maven.
- Enabled clients to better oversee software development, deployments and infrastructure with tools such as Puppet, Jenkins and Github.
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, andAWS.
- Designed and Executed fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning numerous platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, VMware.
- Remote administration and system configuration through scripting, Linux CLI (Bash, Perl), Puppet, and OpenStack console.
- Highly involved in Configuring, monitoring and multi-platform servers by defining Chef Server from workstation to manage and configure Chef Nodes
- Sent web applications using Chef by developing the Cookbook. Additionally, responsible for creating and importing all the environments that are required to run the project.
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Configured and managed daily and hourly scheduled snapshots backup and Restore the data from snapshots if needed.
- Installed and configured Zabbix (similar tool to Nagios) as monitoring tool for disk usage, CPU utilization, list of open files etc. and sending alerts to our teams based on the same.
- Experience in Linux Administration (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades of Linux (Red Hat andOracle).
- Proficient in deploying and support applications on WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic application servers Used Shell/Perl scripts to automate the deployment process.
Environment: RHEL 6.5, CentOS, Cloud Formation, Maven, Jenkins, CloudWatch, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, andAWS,Zabbix, Bash, Perl VMware ESX & ESXI environment, Oracle Enterprise Linux.
Build & Release Engineer
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests
- Coordinate with the Development, Database Administration, QA, and IT Operations teams to ensure there are no resource conflicts
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration releasescope and how to confirm areleasewas successful.
- Worked in creating WebSphere Application Server Clustered Environments and handling Load Balancing for QA, UAT and Production.
- Automated Linux production server setup using Puppet scripts. Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
- Designed and implemented Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Managed Maven environment by setting up local, remote and central repositories with required configuration in maven configuration files.
- Experience with Build Management tools like Maven for writing build.xml and Pom.xml.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool to automate the build process and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal project.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests
- Build, manage, and continuously improved thebuildinfrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of buildscripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins and maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
- Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Used sub modules in the GIT and educated users working with sub modules in GIT.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Worked with the developers to configure plugins trough Eclipse to develop the code.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Perl. Built Java application using ANT.
- Used configuration management tools Chef, Puppet, and CF Engine.
- Used Puppet and MCO for Configuration Management tool.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts forbuildand releasetasks.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for thebuildsas the Continuous Integration process.
- When required applied patches as per thereleaseprocess.
- Managed and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Involved in Customization of Work Items, Transition Matrix in TFS.
- Organized a daily stand-up post-deployment meeting to review all issues being tracked. Ensure every issue has an owner and that it is resolved while capturing the specific details about the issue, resolution, and which organizations and individuals provided the resolution.
- Documented all post-deployment issues in a log and assist in resolving these issues where applicable, maintaining timely updates within the log. Manual and Automation process of creating branches tags and code merging
- Ensured all steps are successfully completed and document their completion times and issue logs.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Jira, Jenkins, GIT, Puppet, Web services, Web Logic, Puppet, Test Director, Quality center, Visual Build, Maven, Ant, Web sphere.
- Performed System Administration, System Builds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Troubleshooting, Security, Backup, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on SUN Solaris, Redhat Linux Systems.
- Experience in Security Hardening in UNIX,Linuxand Windows servers.
- Provided the advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Unix/ Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers.
- Performed Linux /Unix administration including changes, deletes, disk space and worked on Linux logical volume, creating volume group, logical volumes, file systems, and troubleshooting.
- Provide 2nd tier technical support and issues resolution of Linux -based servers. Installing and configuring Redhat Linuxlocally or over the network- kickstart- (NFS, FTP, and HTTP).
- Perform general system administrative duties (creating user logins, Volume and disk management, performance tuning, patch updates, printer configuration, re-licensing, and upgrades etc.).
- Analyze and troubleshoot bottlenecks involving memory, CPU, disk and network devices using ps, vmstat, iostat and SAR commands & further tuning the performance.
- Responsible for providing reliable network infrastructure and file sharing services using IPv4/v6 TCP stack.
- Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Develop and write standard of operation procedure (SOP).
- Participated in meetings to review contingency plans for technical and infrastructural improvements to strengthen effective service delivery.
- Deliver quality service in accordance with established Service Level Agreement (SLA), maintain and ensure high-quality customer satisfaction, excellent customer support, and proactive engagement.
- Performing Linux System Administration routines, migration, swap partition and file system changes, system booting and recovery.
- Backups on Network using tar, compress, zip and pack utilities.
- Migrate Application servers from Red Hat Linux-3.x/4.x to RHEL5.x.
Environment: Windows and Red hat Linux, IPv4/v6 TCP, NFS, FTP, and HTTP, IPv4/v6 TCP stack SSH, OpenSSH, NIS, DHCP, DNS, ps, vmstat, iostat and SAR.