- 8+ years of IT experience in design, development, build and project management, deployment, delivery management, system administration, Linux administration, and cloud implementation.
- Experience in working wif Windows Azure IaaS such as Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto - Scaling, Traffic Manager and Azure PaaS Solutions such as Azure Web Apps, Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure and Azure Storage.
- Strong Experience in Azure IoT and Azure PaaS components like IoT Hub, Event Hub, Stream Analytics, Service Fabric, Document DB, App services, Service bus, Distributed cache and Azure Functions.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure in Disaster Recovery on cloud using Azure Recovery Vault and Azure backups.
- Experience in working wif various AWS services such as EC2, ECS, EBS, S3, Glacier, SNS, SQS, IAM, Auto scaling, OpsWorks, Route 53, VPC, CloudFront, Direct Connect, Cloud Trail, Cloud Watch and building CI/CD on AWS environment using AWS CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and CodePipeline.
- Experience in configuring and implementing various AWS components such as Elastic IP, Elastic Cache, Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, DynamoDB, EMR and Amazon Redshift.
- Good Experience in automation and securing the infrastructure on AWS using CloudFormation, Terraform and AWS Lambda.
- Experience in working wif OpenStack command-line-interface tools such as Nova, Keystone, Glance, Cinder, and Neutron to manage hypervisors, authentication, system images, storage, and networking.
- Knowledge and Hands - on experience in configuring PCF components such as OAuth2 server and login server, Cloud Controller, nsync, BBS, Cell Rep, Blobstore, Diego Cell. Experience working wif Configuration/Deployment tools such as Chef, Ansible, and Puppet to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications.
- Experience working wif Chef Enterprise and Chef Open Source, Chef DK, Chef Workstation, Chef Server, Chef-Client. Experience in working wif Knife command line utility, Berkshelf dependency manager, and Test kitchen to validate Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in working wif Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment on cloud environments.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks wif modules, working wif Ansible Tower, Vault and Galaxy.
- Hands on experience in various Puppet objects such as Puppet resource, Puppet class, Puppet Manifest, Puppet modules and Puppet Forge.
- Experience wif Docker container configuration, Docker Engine, HUB, Machine, Compose and Docker registry and activation, handling live webhosting & troubleshooting.
- Experience in creating network policies for Docker containers using Docker Weave. Worked on container orchestration tools such as Docker swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes.
- Experience in creating Kubernetes cluster wif RHEL and Vagrant. Good knowledge in Kubernetes services to discover and proxy requests to an appropriate minion.
- Good Experience in working wif Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and end-to-end automation for build and deployments.
- Strong Experience worked wif Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments, checking out code from GIT and used Maven to build war/jar artifacts.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as ear, war & jar from source code.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as GitHub, BitBucket.
- Experience in configuring Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails.
- Good knowledge of Splunk architecture and working experience on various components such as indexer, forwarder and search heads.
- Experience in working on ELK architecture and its components like Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana. Handled installation, administration and configuration of ELK stack on AWS and performed Log Analysis.
- Good hands-on experience wif various scripting tools such as Python, Shell, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby and Perl for automating various cron jobs and notification process.
- Experience in the areas of Virtualization wif installation, support of VMware windows servers. Expertise in setup and configuration of Application Servers WebSphere, Tomcat, WebLogic and involved in deployment activities.
- Experience in installation, configuration and performance tuning of Database servers and user’s management such as Oracle, MYSQL, and SQL Server.
- Good Knowledge of basic networking concepts like usage of Ping, netstat, routing tables, DNS functions and subnet mask.
- Good experience in installing, Upgrading, Tuning and configuring RHEL 7.x, Windows Server 2008, Centos 5.x, Ubuntu 12.10, SUSE Linux 11.1, and UNIX ISO/IEC 9945:2008 servers and involved in troubleshooting and debugging issues occurred in production and during solution development.
- Experience in performing an automated installation of an operating system to multiple machines by configuring Kickstart file in single server.
Operating systems: Unix, SUSE Linux, Ubuntu, Centos, RHEL, Windows
Application/Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic Server, Red Hat JBoss, Apache Tomcat
Networking/Protocol: NFS, NIS, DNS, DHCP, IP, TCP, FTP, HTTP, SSH
Databases: MySQL Server, Oracle, DynamoDB
Build/Project tools: Apache Ant, Apache Maven
Continuous Integration tools: Jenkins, Atlassian Bamboo
Configuration tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Monitoring/logging tools: Nagios, Splunk, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana
Containerization tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenShift
Virtualization technologies: VMware Workstation, Oracle VirtualBox
Collaboration tools: Jira, Slack, ServiceNow
Scripting: Perl, Shell, Bash, Python, PowerShell, Ruby, YAML
Version control tools: GitHub, Atlassian BitBucket
cloud environments: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, PCF
Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, C#, .NET
IDE/Frameworks: Eclipse, Spring, Hibernate
Web services: Rest API, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, SOAP
Confidential, Greensboro, NC
- Configured VMs availability sets using Azure portal to provide resiliency for IaaS based solution and scale sets using Azure Resource Manager to manage network traffic. Created Azure Automation Assets, Graphical runbooks, PowerShell runbooks dat will automate specific tasks.
- Worked wif Azure Event Hub partition receiver consumer approach and deployment automation via Terraform. Deployed Azure Virtual machines wif the Microsoft Monitoring Agent and Operational Management Suite (OMS) Extension using the PowerShell Scripts.
- Integrated an application wif Azure AD, implemented a hybrid network and Azure Site Recovery/ Backup, set up Site to Site & Point to Site VPN between on premise and Azure Networks.
- Worked on Server less services, created and configured HTTP Triggers in the Azure Functions wif application insights for monitoring and performing load testing on the Applications using the Visual Studio.
- Designed and developed standalone data migration applications to retrieve and populate data from Azure Table / BLOB storage to on premise SQL Server instances.
- Worked wif PCF Blobstore for storing and managing Application code packages and Build packs. Managed lifecycle of containers and processes running using PCF Diego cell rep.
- Worked wif OAuth2 server and login server for PCF identity management, Diego cell rep for managing the lifecycle of PCF containers.
- Deployed and configured Chef and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of chef-client nodes for provisioning, creating roles and data bags for server configuration.
- Extensively worked wif Chef Configuration management to deploy packages wif the required build artifacts from Artifactory and facilitate a stable and scalable build and deploy infrastructure.
- Implemented Chef Cookbooks for OS component configuration, Database configurations to modularize and optimize end product configuration.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the configuration of new servers and used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning Azure environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Developed Ansible roles to maintain the large playbooks easily. Used the Ansible Galaxy, a shared repository for the roles to download, share and manage the roles.
- Worked wif Docker snapshot, Docker hub, Created Docker images and handledmultiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Configured Docker container for branching purposes and implemented Docker automation solution for Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery model and collaborative applications.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Created a Jenkins pipeline to drive all micro-services builds out to Docker Hub and then deployed to Kubernetes, created pods and configured Kubernetes Replication controller.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus Artifactory.
- Configured pom.xml files, performing releases wif the Maven release plug-in, Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
- Coordinated developers wif establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control. Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Developed Splunk queries and Splunk dashboards targeted at understanding application performance and capacity analysis.
- Worked on the Deployment, Configuration, Monitoring and Maintenance of OpenShift Container Platform.
- Configured JIRA workflows according to the needs to the CM team and integrated the project management features of wif the build and release process.
- Worked wif Kibana which is a powerful data visualization capability to halp businesses pull vital information from their data stores.
- Configured IIS config, websites & app-pools using PowerShell scripts and performance tuning and monitoring for .Net application.
- Implemented Windows2008 Development Server environment. Perform Scripting, WindowsSecurity, LAN/WAN administration and MS Clustering.
- Configured Windows Server 2012R2, Active Directory Domains, configuring DNS, DHCP, trust relationship, permissions.
Environment: Windows Server 2008/2012/R2, Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, WebLogic Server 12.2.1, MySQL Server 5.7, Active Directory, GitHub, Maven, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Splunk, Python, Jira, slack, PowerShell, .Net
Confidential, Newark, CA
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes wif Chef and AWS OpsWorks. Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
- Configured Cross-Account deployments usingAWS code pipeline, Code Build and Code Deploy by creating Cross-Account Policies & Roles on IAM.
- Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments. Defined Terraform modules such as Compute, Network, Operations, and Users to reuse in different environments.
- Used Terraform and Ansible, migrate legacy and monolithic systems to Amazon Web Services. Used Terraform scripts to configure AWS resources.
- Worked wif OpenStack object store Swift to store lots of data efficiently, safely, and cheaply and storing unstructured data dat can grow wifout binding. Worked wif OpenStack Glance Rest API for getting VM image metadata and retriever of the actual image.
- Designed and architected cloud application deployment in OpenStack wif Nova, Neutron, Keystone command line clients. Automated OpenStack server deployment for users using HashiCorp Terraform, Heat and Ansible.
- Wrote Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers in testing environment, and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups, and Virtual machine allocation and configuration.
- Implemented Ansible to manage existing servers and automate the configuration of new servers and used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked wif Bash and Python, included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMIs and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Worked on infrastructure wif Docker Containerization. Collaborated wif development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment wif the use of Docker.
- Developed Docker file and scripts to build and deploy Docker images for multi-tier architecture, which consist of front-end web servers, API servers, and backend logic servers.
- Developed environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash and Terraform.
- Created objects in Kubernetes cluster for setting the desired state using Kubernetes API, started Kubernetes cluster using minikube
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins such as Jenkins EC2 plugin, AWS Code Deploy, S3 and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Installed, configured and automated build jobs in Jenkins for continuous integration using various plugins in AWS pipelining.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in shell for Maven builds. Created and modified build configuration files including POM.xml.
- Managed code and versioning control using GIT and supported development team on resolving branching and merging issues.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Involved in writing SQL queries to implement the schema related changes for internationalization and debugged the build errors using SQL queries to make sure Database is not corrupted.
- Extracted and loaded data using Python scripting and PL/SQL packages. Wrote Python modules to view and connect the Apache Cassandra instance.
- Worked wif RedHat Satellite Server wif custom repositories to provide a stable management solution for the Linux environment.
- Performed kickstart to automate installation process for fifteen RHEL and CentOS server units and wrote bash shell script to create multiple accounts at once and a script to configure samba server on Linux for file sharing.
Environment: RHEL 7.x, Apache Tomcat 7.x, AWS EC2, AWS S3, VPC, AWS Lambda, SNS, SQS,AWS Cloud Watch, IAM, Terraform, Cloud Formation, OpenStack, DynamoDB, GitHub, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, LDAP, LVM, Docker, Kubernetes, Python, JDK 1.8, Eclipse IDE, Jira, Slack, Spring, Rest API.
Sr.DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems dat handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Worked wif Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as Infrastructure admin tasks.
- Followed Ansible best practices such as version control, variables, and vaults, building Ansible module wif Ansible playbook.
- Implemented Ansible playbooks for installing Apache, Nginx web servers, DB and app servers like MySQL, JBoss.
- Configured Administration Configuration for storing Atlassian Bamboo's system-wide properties such as the default URL, instance name, global variables and System Properties.
- Worked on the integration of BuildCompleteAction Module wif Bamboo to add custom asynchronous action after the build process has completed.
- Configured Apache Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Created snippets dat allow developers to share code segments and generated pulled requests for code review and comments using BitBucket.
- Maintained GIT repositories in the BitBucket for the services we developed for the company project and set up automated testing and deployment using either Concourse-CI.
- Planned and built Splunk Cluster environment wif High Availability resources. Worked wif Splunk dataflow, components, features and product capability.
- Wrote shell, Bash, Perl and Ruby scripts for day to day administrative tasks and for managing users.
- Performed system monitoring, verifying system integrity, reviewing system application logs, and ensuring completion of scheduled jobs.
- Configured Kickstart file wif partition information such as mount type, file system type and partition size.
- Configured all the authentication information needed at the time of operating system installation in Kickstart file.
Environment: Centos 5.x, WebSphere 8.5, Oracle 12c, Oracle VirtualBox 4.3.2, AWS EC2, AWS S3, VPC, AWS Lambda, SNS, SQS,AWS Cloud Watch, IAM, BitBucket, Bamboo, Ansible, Chef, Maven, Splunk, Python, Shell, Bash, Jira.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, Pasadena, CA
- Installed, Configured, Managed and Created different Build and Deployment Jobs in Jenkins. Installed several plugins in Jenkins to support multiple tools required for the implementation of projects.
- Worked on Troubleshooting the build issues during the Jenkins build process and developed build and deployment scripts using ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Installed Jenkins for Continuous Integration and written Shell script for end to end build and deployment automation. Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT wif Development/Test/Production Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experienced in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Built Puppet enterprise modules using puppet DSL to automate infrastructure provisioning and configuration management to existing infrastructure by deploying Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet.
- Developed Puppet modules wif Jenkins for continues integration and continues deployment of managed products, and related services.
- Extensively worked wif ANT tool to do the builds, integrated ANT to Eclipse and did local builds.
- Worked on Client-side hooks such as GIT committing and merging, server-side hooks run on network operations such as receiving pushed GIT commits.
- Configured Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers load balancers, web servers and application servers.
- Worked on creating ANT scripts to build and deploy Java/J2EE, Oracle SOA based enterprise applications to Tomcat Application Servers. Performed Java application deployments to JBOSS application server.
- Deployed Java applications to application servers in agile continuous integration environment and automated the process using Shell & Python for Linux.
- Set up the Linux Cron jobs for automating various build related jobs and application data synchronization jobs.
- Configured VMware on a clustered environment, implemented migration of virtual machines using VMotion, Virtualized Windows servers using VMware Converter and Platespin PowerConvert.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration, and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, and NIS on RedHat Linux/Debian Servers. Configured, managed ESX VM's wif the virtual center and VI clients.
- Installed VMware ESX server 4.1/4.0 and created virtual machines on ESX Servers. Created standard templates and deployed virtual machines from these templates.
- Performed analysis, tuning, upgrading, patch maintenance, licenses management, and system backup administration on RHEL.
- Integrated LDAP wif Kerberos authentication in Linux to authenticate against Microsoft Active Directory.
- Performed troubleshooting of Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IPtables, firewall, TCP wrappers, NMAP.
- Performed daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning the system for optimum performance.
- Worked wif Linux, SAN, Oracle Database, and Network teams to ensure the smooth relocation of the servers.
- Integrated Nagios Event Handlers such as logging event information to a database and restarting failed service wif Nagios to proactively fix problems.
- Wrote intelligent custom health checks using Nagios to reduce notification noise and automate service restarts.
Environment: SUSE Linux 11.1, WebLogic Server 10.3.3, MySQL Server 5.5, Oracle VirtualBox 4.0.2, LDAP, Shell, Perl, Nagios.
- Created and managed user accounts, security, disk space and process monitoring of RHEL. Performed hands on tasks such as planning installs, patch upgrades, and Sun LDAP tuning, maintenance.
- Installed and worked on VMware Site Recovery Manager for the disaster recovery and managed recovery plans.
- Installed, configured proxy servers wif LDAP as the primary backend and provide transparent seamless authentication to users.
- Configured and maintained VMware infrastructure resources such as VMWare vSphere/ESX and VMware vCenter Server, involved in VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Experience in implementing ESXi servers wif efficient virtualization strategies by creating clones, templates, task scheduling, prioritizing VMs, creating and managing snapshots.
- Installed RedHat Linux using kickstart and applying security polices for hardening the server based on the company policies.
- Performed Installation, configuration, support, and security implementation on Assigning fixed IP to MAC address SSH.
- Configured Stalking in Nagios for logging purposes. Integrated passive checks wif Nagios to monitor services dat are asynchronous in nature.
- Worked wif Nagios add-ons such as Nagios Remote Plugin Executor, Nagios Service Check Acceptor, and Nagios graph.
Environment: UNIX ISO/IEC 9945:2008, WebSphere 7.0, MySQL Server 5.5, VMware Workstation 7.0, Bash, Perl, Nagios.