Vp\director Of Information Technology Resume
- A distinguished Information Technology leader with expertise in a diverse range of technologies and multiple industries.
- Well organized, results oriented with a proven ability to implement standards, processes and procedures that improve business functionality and efficiency.
- Exceptional management skills, proven ability to lead and motivate individuals/teams to maximize levels of productivity while simultaneously building stronger teams and helping individuals achieve their goals.
- An exceptional communicator and problem solver, and highly motivated self - starter.
- Project Management
- Oracle Grid Control
- OAS 10g
- SQL Plus
- MS Office Suites
- Luminis III/IV
- Windows Servers
- Windows PC’s
- Microsoft NAV
- SQL Server
- MS Exchange
- Backup and Recovery
- Active Directory
VP\Director of Information Technology
Confidential, Shelton, CT
- Lead planner, technician and DBA
- Develop and implement compherensive security strategy, policies and protocols for IT specific to Facility Clearance License (FCL) with Department of Defense (DoD)/Defense Security Service(DSS). Ensure all systems are compliant for audit of FCL with Foreign Ownership, Control or Influence (FOCI). Passed audit with no findings.
- Set objectives and strategies for the IT department. Establish and direct the strategic and tactical goals, policies, and procedures for the information technology department.
- Plan the implementation of compete infrastructure/new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization.
- Propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the company's business objectives.
- Design and oversee the technological infrastructure (enterprise applications & integrations across systems, network infrastructure for local / wide area connectivity / remote access, security, audit compliances, cloud hosting and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Manage vendor contract negotiations for all new computer equipment and software purchased for the corporation.
- Analyze the costs, value and risks of information technology and advise President and suggest actions.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery procedures, information security and control structures.
- Establish security program and ensure compliance for FCL, ECP, NIST standards. Develop internal program for continued improvement of all systems and security programs.
Director of Information Technology
Confidential, Cheshire, CT
- Overall responsibility for the IT department, infrastructure, development, end user support teams and $6M annual budget.
- Assess company technology needs, infrastructure, strategic use of IT staff, security requirements and an effective allocation of resources.
- Execute and maintain security plans to ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
- Implement back up and disaster recovery procedures, information security and control structures.
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and deadlines and appraising performance. Organize staff for optimal results and prioritize tasks/projects and overall work load.
- Provide technical solutions for business needs, including providing Business Case details or Business Case plans for technology improvements.
- Implement and maintain Software Asset Management system and maintain all technology related vendor contracts.
- Accountable for IT Help Desk and user satisfaction. Leverage resources to optimize user’s experience.
- Direct IT department to meet customer requirements and support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technologies.
- Produce detailed timelines for infrastructure and software upgrade releases and technology projects and implement effective project controls by directing the progress of all technical projects.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations.
- Perform liaison duties between users and programming personnel in the areas of system design, modifications and trouble shooting.
- Create and execute tactical plans in alignment with organization and technical strategy.
- Conduct or manage research of emerging technologies to support changes in infrastructure and field needs.
Director of Information Technology
Confidential, Hudson OH
- Lead technician and DBA. Re-developed the existing infrastructure from scratch by redefining the IT infrastructure model by consolidating and retiring dozens of physical servers and moving from a hardware server based system to a virtual environment resulting in a 73% reduction in physical servers. Personally executed the IT infrastructure projects to make the model a reality while maximizing new and established technologies that align with the company goals which provided levels of service and reliability that had not been experienced prior to my addition.
- Redesigned and deployed new network infrastructure. Moved from one flat network to 10 different networks using Cisco equipment for 150 machines and 150+ users over three different locations. Designed and installed new network from the ground up in new facility.
- Designed multi-host server system for VMWare with redundant fiber switches connecting VMWare system to SAN and NAS storage systems using Veeam for backups
- Redeveloped EDI infrastructure using DI Central and Di Unite.
- Migrated from all company databases from SQL2005 to SQL2012. Resopncible for all SQL development (SP, Triggers, views, functions, SSRS, SSIS, etc.). Lead developer for all SQL related projects like automatic ASN execution, log tracking triggers, price update SP’s, update all open orders with new pricing daily, etc.
- Created, designed and implemented DR solution with remote data center to allow for maximum uptime and recoverability within a limited budget.
- Successfully directed business through $900,000 project to replace existing ERP system. Provided direct, hands-on technical leadership for migration and implementation. Provided as overall direction and project management to selection team, installation and implementation and vendor teams as well as hands on work for the new ERP system (Microsoft NAV).
- Provided hands-on technical design, leadership and installation for new building construction ($18 million project) specifically related to all electrical, technology, service, design, installation and functionality. Physically managed, planned and moved all company infrastructure (servers, networking, phones, PC’s, etc.) and services, (EDI, ISP, PRI) to new location in a 12-hour timeframe, without service or customer disruptions.
- Created SOP’s (operational and DR) and maintenance routines for all servers, networking, phones, etc. that improve reliability, efficiency. By establishing the SOPs’ and normalized maintenance schedules we have seen a 95% reduction in errors requiring reboots or halting of production work during the day.
- Establish standardization and training for development, documentation and quality.
- Supervise, hire, train and teach technical staff, manage and align IT expenses and development efforts with company goals and objectives
- Coordinate with external vendors and internal departments for selection, implementation and support of existing, new software and hardware systems (ERP, EDI, Networking, VMWare, etc.)
- Very experienced with change management, project life cycle methodologies and identifying operational issues and recommending/implementing solution strategies
- Removed and replaced existing analog phone system, replaced with new VoIP phone system (Shoretel) with redundant switching and failover
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Lead professional staff, employees; routinely assign, schedule and monitor the work of staff
- Work with ITS staff, vendors, users or other necessary parties to determine resolutions to production problems; recommend actions, reports, documentation to assist in resolution of such problems; and develop solutions to business problems through creative technical solutions
- Install, upgrade, model, develop and maintain vendor software like Oracle, OAS, Banner (now Ellucian), Luminis, Blackboard and SQL server on windows and Linux systems
- Analyze and resolve production problems, data requirements and architectures through the use of log files, monitoring of services, automated systems, system dashboards; make corrections or delegate to others for correction in both physical and virtual environments both production and development
- Monitor and optimize the performance of the supported databases and applications (Oracle, SQLServer, Luminis IV, OAS and WebLogic
- Provide analysis, consultation, and support to outside vendors, ITS staff, and college staff
IT Software System Engineer
Confidential, Solon, OH
- Direct, train and guide junior analysts
- Monitor and maintain software applications to ensure reliability/functionality
- Provide a diverse range of application/technology experience; design strategic, realistic IT solutions; provide input/opinions/options on strategic direction
- Present new technologies and ideas to the application team; lead technical portion on large highly visible projects
- Communicate how to effectively navigate through company to resolve issues; handle complex IT challenges; collaborate with peers to design solutions
- Generate reports from software applications as needed to provide statistical data and ensure data integrity; check work of other programming personnel; present/train entire team on new technology and/or processes
- Design, develop, code, and test software and applications to meet the needs of the business using c#, SQL, VBA, VB.
Confidential, Hudson, Ohio
- Provide day-to-day support and administration of enterprise-scale production databases, which includes the execution of change, incident, availability, and capacity management processes
- Recognize automation opportunities that will reduce the amount of hands-on support
- Review and analyze statistical data for performance tuning opportunities
- Proactively monitor automation tools in order to eliminate outages or service variations
- Execute disaster recovery plans and database switchovers to support resiliency for high availability applications
- Manage personnel and lead projects of varying complexity and technologies
- Create, establish and maintain the Oracle data warehouse environment; manage, maintain and support IT Microsoft SQL Server supporting human resources, financial aid, student records, business office, athletics ticket office, institutional studies, Blackboard and numerous academic areas
- Design, code, test, debug, install, administer, manage and support multiple special projects helping to advance of the Universities mission toward improving student services utilizing the internet.
- Manage, administer and maintain numerous web, database, file sharing, development, backup, and domain controller servers; provide all aspects of management, technical support and assistance for web developers and end users
- Coordinate and manage the data needs of all administrative offices to access data sets and reports from system-managed data warehouse and IT database systems
- Application and System development, design, code, test and provide operational support for IT generated projects and initiatives within the Confidential and Confidential System
- Serve as administrator for multiple WindowsNT domains, SQL Servers within the University
- Maintain, repair, upgrade University networking hardware including ATM Backbone components, switches, and hubs; provide technical recommendations for continued expansion of the University network
- Provide hardware and software support for IT help center, staff, faculty, and students
- Maintain all PCs in public clusters and classrooms. Implemented an automated distribution system for imaging PC software
- Design, develop and maintain billing program for Information Technology services
Confidential, Lynchburg, Virginia
- Develop, implement and modify code in Microsoft Visual Basic, SQL Server, VBA, and related component tools within a Windows NT/95, 98 environment
- Translate technical specifications into efficient code
- Provide server/database administration/technical support, as well as developing and supporting client/server applications