- Over 8+ years of professional experience in AWS & Linux, strong knowledge on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC, and IAM, Virtualization, Cloud Computing and AWS services.
- Deployment support and configuration of cloud services including AWS.
- Creating amazon EC2 instances and maintaining with security groups. Architecting of Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto Scaling groups. Maintaining volumes and mapping with multi AZ VPC instances.
- Backup Setup Like Snapshots and Amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances.
- Expert in Installation, Configuration and Administration of Windows, Ubuntu Linux, Cent OS and RedHat Environments.
- Mid level of understanding and using various Puppet features including Resource management (Package, Service, File), User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Cloud Platforms AZURE (API Management Services, Data Factories, App Services, Data Lake Store, SQL Databases & Virtual Machines)
- Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining private cloud infrastructure of Microsoft Azure. Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi - component environment like Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in customization of modules from puppet forge for environment needs.
- Designed end to end automation of infrastructure and continuous delivery of the applications by integrating cloud formation scripts, Jenkins, AWS & CHEF cookbooks, Cloud Foundy and recipes.
- Monitored system performance statistics like storage, CPU utilization and network bandwidth utilization.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software.
- Defined AWS security groups which acted as virtual firewalls to control the incoming traffic onto AWS EC2 instances.
- Experience in real-time monitoring and alerting of applications deployed in AWSusing Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail and Simple Notification Service.
- Experience in deploying and monitoring applications on various platforms using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Utilized Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS services, EBS volumes, to set alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Experience with in working in an Agile / Scrum environment and daily standup meetings.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Docker has been core to this experience, along with Marathon and Kubernetes information from the logs and database in the required format and other daily activities and jobs.
- Extensive experience in using Groovy, Maven and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & ear) from source code.
- Designed and developed Micro Services using (MEAN Stack) node.js, Mongo DB, Neo4J, Elastic search on Cisco Private Cloud OpenStack Platform.
- Experienced in source controller tools: Subversion (SVN), CVS and GitHub Enterprise.
- Wrote Python, C# and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Chef. Created multiple recipes and customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- 24x7 on-call support & also documenting all the processes on issues caused and its solutions in timely manner
Operating Systems: Sun Solaris 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS 6.5, Windows NT/2003/XP/2000.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET,UD and RIP, ISCSI, Fiber Channel.
Monitoring tools: Nagios and Graphite.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET,UD and RIP, ISCSI, Fibre Channel.
Web/Application Servers: JBoss (4.x,5.x,6.0), Web Logic 11g, IBM WAS, Tomcat (5.x/6.x), Apache HTTP Server.
Database: DB2(Z'OS), Oracle (11g,10g), SQL Server 7.0, MySQL and MS Access (using VBA).
Configuration Management: Splunk, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker.
Test and Build Systems: Jenkins, Ant, Maven.
Project Management Tools: MS Office, MS Project, iMac Omni Plan
Design tools: UML (Use cases, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams)
Source Control Tool: GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS, Clear Case.
Virtualization: VMware, VSphere, Vcenter Server Appliance, VMware ESXi, Oracle Virtual box.
Domain Functional Knowledge: Utilities Domain Infrastructure Domain Cloud Computing Domain
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer
- Experience in configuration management tool such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet. Assisted in design and deployment of Cassandra rings into AWS. Multi-AZ and inside existing layered VPC network.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Worked on Software Code Management tools like TFS, and SVN.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, TeamCity in Linux environment.
- Managed Aws cloud foundry to automate system operations.
- AWS Cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, RunDeck, Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, JIRA and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Azure Storage Planning Migrated Blob Storage for document and media file, Table storage for structured datasets, Queue storage for reliable messaging for workflow processing and file storage to share file data
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Experienced with deployments, Maintenance and troubleshooting applications on Microsoft Cloud infrastructure AZURE.
- Extensive experience in Windows AZURE(IaaS) migrating like creating AZURE VMs, storage accounts, VHDs, storage pools, migrating on premise servers to AZURE and creating availability sets in AZURE
- Making use of windows PowerShell, Python and other tools to automate a range of tasks in an OS diverse environment.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script, WMI, WSH.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Experience implementing Cloud based Data Warehousing solutions.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Hands-on experience configuring workflows, working on monitoring system performance, User administration setup, adding physical memory to the servers.
- Involved with setting up Jenkins, creating jobs for scheduling the ANT and Maven deployments for J2EE application and setting up NEXUS server (to access 3rd party dependencies) for centralized repository and scheduled jobs in Jenkins for MAVEN build.
- Using GIT to manage source code developed by various platformengineers.
- Extensive experience with Perforce. Experience with Subversion (SVN) /CVS, and GIT Software Configuration tools (Source Control).
- Administrator for SCM tool Team Foundation Server (2005). Create/Merge Branches for each specific release/parallel development.
- Developed CM and release plans to outline CM main functions, CM guidelines, Release procedures, Roles, Responsibilities, Deliverables, Schedules and milestones.
- Implementing build automation script using ANT and Maven for J2EE and MS Build in .Net, setting up Subversion (SVN) and GIT, Test Manager to manage build artifacts and SCM activities.
- Extensive experience working with AWS provided Solutions like EC2, ELB, VPC, Route 53, RDS, S3, IAM, and Cloud Watch.
- Experienced in Writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools such as vagrant, berkshelf and test-kitchen and the treatment of each Chef cookbook as a unit of software deployment, independently version controlled.
- Working on the source code to generate builds and create procedures for the deployment on the servers for the release.
- Developed applications using Spring Boot and Micro services Architecture.
- Developed Cron jobs and windows Shell Scripts (Power Shell, C#) for automating administration tasks like file systemmanagement, process management, backup and restore.
- Performed dispatcher role to distribute tasks assigned to the onshore team.
- Drove releases, automated release process.
- Supporting the Application team in making them analyze about the automation implementation and other related issues (if any).
- Coordinating with QA/DEV/Project/Delivery/Production support/Managers and Performance teams to consider concerns, issues and addressing those aspects to meet the delivery dates.
- Proposed and implemented several release processes to achieve consistent results and stabilities across environments.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
AWS Devops Engineer
- Responsible for architecting, implementing, and maintaining automation tools to reduce time and complexity of operations and development tasks
- Written chef cookbooks to provisioning and managing Linux servers.
- Automated infrastructure admin tasks with Puppet.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Integrated Subversion and Ant/Maven with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Expertise in designing, configuring and implementing SCM standards and procedures using StarTeam, Subversion, CVS and IBM Rational Clear Case. Experienced in design and implementation of defect tracking system using Test Director, JIRA, Bugzilla and Rational Clear Quest.
- SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Created Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Wrote Shell scripts and Perl scripts for day-to-day administration and create Perl scripts to automate the deployment.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. And Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and GIT.
- Created the branches in Subversion to implement the parallel development process.
- Implemented Sparse Branching concept of Subversion to avoid the additional overhead of having complete branches.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts arise during the merge.
- Used Anthill Pro as an Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Tool to manage and track all the automation and deployment activities in PROD.
- Installed and administered Anthill Pro to automate the deployment process through workflows.
- Deployed the build artifacts like wars and ears into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Anthill Pro.
- Maintained all the UNIX, Linux and Solaris environments for deployments.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for builds and installed on different environments.
Confidential, Miami, Florida
- Patching of RHEL5 and Solaris 8, 9, 10 servers for EMC Power Path Upgrade for VMAX migration.
- Configuration of LVM (Logical Volume Manager) to manage volume group, logical and physical partitions and importing new physical volumes.
- Documented the standard procedure for installation and deployment of VMAX Migration and logical volume manager.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services: DHCP, SSH, SCP.
- Configuration and administration of NFS and Samba in Linux and Solaris.
- Maintained and monitored all the company servers operating system and application patch level, disk space and memory usage, user activities on day-to-day basis.
- User administration on Sun Solaris and RHEL systems, HP-UX machines, management & archiving.
- Installations of HP Open view, monitoring tool, in more than 300 servers.
- Attended calls related to customer queries and complaints, offered solutions to them.
- Worked with monitoring tools such as Nagios and HP Open view.
- Creation of VMs, cloning and migrations of the VMs on VMware, VMWare Fusion, vSphere 4.0.
- Worked with DBA team for database performance issues, network related issue on Linux / Unix Servers and with vendors for hardware related issues.
- Expanded file system using Solaris Volume Manager (SVM) in the fly in Solaris boxes.
- Managed and upgraded UNIX's server services such as Bind DNS.
- Configuration and administration of Web (Apache), DHCP and FTP Servers in Linux and Solaris servers. Decommissioning of the old servers and keeping track or decommissioned and new servers using inventory list.
- Handling problems or requirements as per the ticket (Request Tracker) created.
- Participated in on-call rotation to provide 24X7 technical supports.
- Configuration and troubleshooting - LAN and TCP/IP issues.
Build & Release Engineer
- Extensive experience in installing, integrating, tuning and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat, WebSphere and WebLogic application server.
- Creating, cloning Linux Virtual Machines, templates using VMWare Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Supported AWS set ups Windows Administration teams during production.
- Involved in SAN migrations at host level using LVM mirroring and SVM Mirroring.
- Creating, cloning LinuxVirtual Machines, templates using VMWare 4/5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Troubleshooting tickets, which includes storage, network, system related issues.
- Worked on creating disk groups, volumes, deporting, importing disk groups using VERITAS volume manager.
- Environment, Command line, Current working directory, root directory, executed command.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers, Active Directory and exchange server.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving.
- Installing, configuring, custom building Oracle10g, Oracle RAC 11g and preparing servers for database installation which includes adding kernel parameters, software installation, permissions etc.
- Installing, configuring, administering Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, creating service groups, adding resources, enabling attributes, testing fail-over.