- 13 years of experience in teh Information Technology industry as Linux Professional with hands on experience in wide range of concepts and technologies.
- Experience with implementation, maintenance and support of multiple server platforms including Redhat Linux and Solaris.
- Developed automated scripts using bash shell scripting.
- Configured & maintained network and naming servers like DNS, DHCP, FTP, SMTP, NIS, HTTPand NFS.
- Experienced with EMC, Dell SAN Administration.
- Installed and configured Jboss Application server and JON server.
- Experienced with VMware ESXI 5.x and provisioning virtual machines.
- Experienced in Performance monitoring & tuning using Linux utilities.
- Strong technical background includes major Linux hardware and operating environments as well as supporting skills like programming product documentation network architecture & trouble shooting.
- Provided production support in an on - call rotation in a 24x7 environment.
Operating Systems: RHEL 5.x,6.x,7.x/CentOS/Fedora, Solaris 8, 9, 10, Containers and Zones, Windows 2008/2012/R2, Oracle Linux, and AIX.
Software Packages: Apache, WebLogic, Kickstart, Jumpstart, DNS, send mail, Perl, LDAP, Sun One Directory 5.2, NetBackup 5-7.1, VMware VSphere 5.x, Jboss 5-7, JON, Subversion, Redis, NFS, Centrify, RSA, VMware view 5.x/6.x(VDI)
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
Senior Linux Administrator
- System Administrator in a large scale environment primarily managing mid-range to high-end Linux systems in support of development activities.
- Installation and maintenance of hardware/software in production, dev, test as part of Linux team.
- Facilitate communication from business requirements into technical designs and implement designed systems builds.
- Installation and configuration of Jboss 5.x, 6.x, 7.x application server, Apache, Tomcat and JON (Jboss Operations Network) 3.x server for management of Jboss servers.
- Configuring Kickstart/Jumpstart servers for installation of RHEL/Solaris through network.
- Performed daily Unix/Linux support, such as establishing new accounts, creating and resetting passwords, developing scripts, performing system backups and recovery, and installing software patches and updates.
- Created shell scripts to secure teh Linux systems as per CIS standards and configured IPtables for security.
- Configure CPU, Memory and Disk partitioning through volume manager and assigning to teh servers as per requirement.
- Creating, Installing and administration of zones on Solaris 10.
- Experienced in ZFS Filesystem and managing disks with volume manager.
- Writing and modifying shell, bash, Perl scripts & Cron to perform automated administration tasks.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of hardware and software failures for Linux servers using utilities core dump and log file analysis.
- Experienced on Redhat network satellite server. Experienced in creating custom child channels to maintain teh patch level.
- Design internal patching strategy related to systems.
- Worked on Remedy action request system for managing teh processes automatically.
- Connecting teh fiber cards, installing teh drivers and firmware upgrade for Linux servers & OS patching with teh recommended patch cluster.
- Experienced in automating teh system administration with Chef.
- Installing and administration of VMware ESXI 5.x hosts and provisioning, backup of virtual machines.
- Experienced in creating datacenter, virtual machines and templates in VSphere.
- Proficient in VMware technologies like VMware Vmotion, VMware vcenter, vcenter converter and vcenter Update.
- Performance tuning and updating patches and firmware for ESX servers.
- Installation and configuration of storage systems like Dell Compellent and EMC-cx400.
- Experienced in creating LUNS and presenting to VMware as per requirement.
- Perform SA responsibilities of 24/7 Customer facing datacenter
- Primary SA for Linux & Solaris Virtualization efforts for Data Center Consolidation
- Perform Jumpstart automation for Zones and Containers
- Design internal patching strategy as related to systems
- Follow change control processes to ensure production stabilization
- Document new issues and rewrite existing procedure with new modifications
- Extensively used LVM, creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes, and disk mirroring for Solaris and Linux servers
- 24/7 support, Trouble shooting, debugging teh issues raised in teh production environment.
- Experienced with setting up SAN environment for backup & storage of data.
- Trouble shooting & support for SAN related issues
- Handled User & System Resource management, job scheduling, and space management
- Wrote Shell scripts using ksh/bash/Perl for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.
- Perform installation & administration of Application Server Web Sphere, Jboss, Apache/Tomcat
- Responsible for administration & support for Linux servers running critical applications.
- 24/7 on call support for Linux related issues.
- Responsible for creating RAID on teh backend servers for high availability of data.
- Formatting raw disks and partitioned them using teh format utility, installing Solaris operating system, creating file system, devices and special files using newfs.
- Used commands for creating new users, groups, user passwords, changing passwords, managing user accounts and locking users, Monitored System processes & system status; identifying system bottlenecks.
- Performance tuning & optimization of kernel parameters for performance issues in production environment.
- Experienced in Installing & Administration of DB2 on Linux servers.
- Joined multiple disks to overcome disk size limitations, mirrored data for fault tolerance.
- Responsible for daily backup and recovery using Linux utilities
- Managed systems and network related issues like installation, configuration and troubleshooting Linux servers.
- Installing vendor specific packages and patches on Linux and AIX servers.
- Experienced in data center operations, storing, retrieving, backup & wiping of data on disks
- Installing & administration of Application and Web Servers including Apache, Web Sphere
- Experienced with Unix Administration EMC SAN Administration, &NAS administration.
- Experienced in Installing, troubleshooting, & Administration of SAN hardware & software.
- Performance Tuning, optimization, and troubleshooting of Unix systems Issues
- Storage Allocation was done according to teh requirements.
- Created Copies using HDS Shadow Image for backup and DR purpose
- Testing performance monitoring tools running on teh Linux servers.
- Provided support for production and development systems. Environment consisted of multiple Dell and HP Servers.
- Implemented, installed, and supported High Availability (HA) cluster on AIX servers (HACMP for AIX).
- Installations of all teh required Software, documentation and licensing.
- Setup various user profiles, environment variables/security to ensure smooth operation.
- Expertise in setup various Network Printers and troubleshooting Printer problems.
- Scheduling cron jobs to automate teh system.
- Used tools Ufsdump for day to day full and incremental backup.
- Used various commands to check teh Performance of teh system, load balances on teh CPU and memory.
- Expertise in setup DNS Server, DNS Client and troubleshoot DNS network issues.
- Configured, monitored and maintained teh NFS service
- Configured NIS and DNS clients to teh existing networks
- Took backup using tar, Ufsdump, cpio utility and automated backup using Cron.