- 5 years of experience in system design, network support, administration and troubleshooting, accomplishing roles as Network & Systems Engineer.
- Experience in Network Planning, Designing, Maintenance & Troubleshooting.
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, Switching - Layer 2 &Routing- Layer 3, LAN/WAN fundamentals, VLAN, Routing Protocols like OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, BGP & IGRP, ISDN, Frame Relay, MPLS, VPN, VoIP etc.
- Experience in switch security and network security firewalls technologies.
- Experienced Cisco Certified Network Engineer with System & Network analysis, design, implementing capacity planning with focus on performance tuning and support of large Networks.
- Experience in Cisco Routing and Switching using 3600, 3700, 3800, 5300, 6500, 7200,7600 Nexus 7k,5k,2k & ASR 9000,1000 series routers
- Experience in LAN networking technologies (Spanning-Tree, DTP, HSRP, VRRP, and GLBP).
- Experience in IP Addressing and address management, Sub netting, VLSM, FLSM.
- Remarkable experience in Cisco voice over IP system solutions.
- Good Experience in Layer 4/7 troubleshooting, TCP/IP fundamentals and Frame Relay.
- Proficient with various applications, services and network management tools including FTP, Telnet, Ping, DNS, DHCP, ARP etc.
- Operating systems package and firmware installation support for networking hardware
- Responsible for design and architecture of the LAN, WAN and the security infrastructure
- Experience in Cisco ACE 4710, Cisco 7200 VXR, Cisco ISE’s and SNMP tools.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting network problem.
- Planning, designing of Corporate Network architecture and implementing in distributed environment with future expansion option
- Acquaintance with field engineering such as cabling and troubleshooting hardware at data centers.
- Experienced in Desktop, Laptop and other network device configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience to adhere by change management.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with operations and other technical groups for training, troubleshooting and problem resolution closure, as well as keeping network documentation current.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users and staff of all levels, as well as external vendors.
Cisco Router Platforms: 2600, 2800, 3800, 3900, 7200, 7500, ASR 1000, ASR 9000
Cisco Switch Platforms: 1900, 2900, 3550, 3560, 3750, 4500, 6509, 6513
Cisco Nexus Platforms: Nexus 2k, Nexus 5k and Nexus 7k, Compaq HP ProLiant DL360/DL380, Dell
Network OS: IOS (12.x), Cat OS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR, NX-OS, ASA 8.4, ASA 8.0 and JUNOS
Security and Firewall: Cisco ASA 5510, 5520, 5585, IDS/IPS (4200), Checkpoint 1100, Palo Alto-200,500
Wireless: Cisco 1800 series, 802.11 a/c/g/n
Load Balancer: F5, A10, ACE, BIG-IP (F5)
Routing: EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IS-IS
Switching (LAN): VLAN, Ether channel (PAGP & LACP, Load Balancing), HSRP, STP, RSTPOptimizing STP (Port Fast, Uplink Fast, Backbone Fast, Root Guard, and BPDU Guard), 802.1q.
WAN: Frame relay, MPLS, DSL, Cable, Lease line (HDLC, PPP), ISDN, PPoE, and VPLS.
Other: TCP/IP (Telnet, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, DNS, DHCP, ARP, RARP), QoS, Wi-FiWiMAX, GSM, CDMA and LTE.
Network Security: IPsec, VPN Configuration, VPN Concentrator, ASA 5505, 5510 Firewalls, GRENAT/PAT, IDS/IPS, Ethereal.
Communication Protocols and Concepts: TCP/IP, IPv6, ARP, VLAN (802.1q, ATM), PPP, HTTP, SSHFrame Relay, MPLS, 802.11, VPN and Multicasting.
Operating System and Software: Windows XP/Vista, Windows 2007, Windows server (2003, 2008)Microsoft office suite, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Azure, VMware ESX 4.1VMware VSphere client, Linux, Ubuntu.
Network Management Tools: ASDM, Wireshark, Solar winds, HP-openview, KiwiCatTools, SNMPNetflow, Network Analyzer,Cisco WebexSkills C, C++, Python, MATLAB/SIMULINK.
Other Tools: VNC, Putty, SVN, and Clear Case
Confidential, Charles Town, West Virginia
Sr. Network Engineer
- Gather and analyze user and project requirements; design solutions to meet those needs.
- Responsible for daily troubleshooting, support and maintenance and management of network infrastructure.
- Responsible to do the configuration, Monitoring, administration of BIG-IP (F5) Load balancers.
- Worked on troubleshooting CISCO Nexus switches like 2000 and 5000 series.
- Help the Lead engineer in performing the racking, configuring the Nexus switches like 7000, 5000 and 2000 series in the Data center Environment.
- Worked with Cisco Nexus2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for Data Center access architecture.
- Recommend and design network solutions utilizing network hardware and software that is consistent with a standards based approach to architecting a fault tolerant, scalable network while meeting business requirements.
- Thoroughly document and diagram network solutions, configurations, and break/fix steps
- In corporate network security recommendations into the design of the network to protect Microsoft “information assets”.
- Troubleshoot the network problems related to DHCP IP Address scheme.
- Investigate and resolve the issues related to Aruba wireless.
- Worked on network issues in the Microsoft environment.
- Attend weekly Cisco NOS meetings to review network projects and design issues
- Develop network drawings and documentation utilizing Visio, Word, and Excel programs
- Maintain overview of network addressing schemes and documentation
- Responsible for special functions as directed by management and other duties as assigned.
Environment: Cisco Routers 2600, 2800, 3800 and 7200 series, CCA; Cisco Switches Cat 1900, 2900, 3500, 4500 and 6500 series; Routing protocols RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Switching Protocols STP, VTP, RSTP and VLAN; Firewall Security Protocols like NAT, PAT, IPsec, GRE and VPN. Big-IP F5 Load Balancer.
Confidential, Warrenville, IL
- Perform day-to-day operational support of XO Hosting’s production, lab, Data Center and corporate IT networking environments.
- Troubleshoot and replace system and network hardware as required.
- Monitor system and network utilization/capacity.
- Design, installation and testing of network-related services and hardware.
- Worked in High Performance Computing techniques which will helps in high performance computing
- Worked on UNIX commands.
- Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation of support tools and resources to enhance the local and remote support capabilities of the Hosting and Data Center environments.
- Coordinate with developers, engineering and other staff members on issues related to existing system enhancements and new system implementations.
- Provide 24x7 on call support on a rotating basis; some after-hours scheduled maintenance events.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting various routing protocols including OSPF & BGP.
- Hands on technical experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco IOS, network firewalls VPN & DHCP servers.
- Developed deployment solutions for network technologies including Optical VoIP VPN SAN switching and routing.
- Responsible for verifying current certification and standards for technicians engineers and project plans.
- Responsible for managing all post-sale technical support administered both remotely and on-site.
- Maintaining network infrastructure in a high availability public facing production environment.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP, virtual LAN, HSRP,STP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP and a myriad of other protocols and technologies..
- Monitor, maintain and enhance existing systems and network telemetry gathering and reporting services as well as associated servers.
Environment: Cisco Routers 2600, 2800, 3800 and 7500 series, CCA; Cisco Switches Cat 3700, 4500 and 5400 series; routing protocols RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Switching Protocols STP, VTP, RSTP and VLAN; Firewall Security Protocols like NAT, PAT, IPsec, DHCP and VPN.
Confidential, Murrysville, PA
- Compiled diagrams in Visio of the WAN and LAN infrastructure
- Work with static NAT, dynamic NAT, inside Global Address Overloading, TCP overload distribution, Overlapping Address Translation.
- Implementing and troubleshooting with BGP, OSPF, EIGRP routing protocols
- Troubleshot complex routing and switching issues in a HSRP and GLBP environment.
- Used DHCP to assign reusable IP addresses to DHCP clients via IPAM
- Used Solar winds network monitoring tool to ensure network connectivity and Protocol analysis tools to assess the network issues causing service disruption
- Performed troubleshooting, while maintaining trouble ticket tracking, following internal/external escalation procedures and customer notifications.
- Implemented rules on Juniper SRX 550, 3600, 5800
- Configured policy statements, and routing instances
- Experience on Policy based IP routing
- Worked on Security issues, VPN, IPSec, NAT, Configuration Standard and Extended Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Firewalls.
- Implemented virtual Network Environment on VMware Vsphere 4.1 and 5.5. Designed topologies to connect physical layer 2 and virtual layer 2 switches.
- Upgraded the Cisco Secure ACS server from v5.2 to v5.3
- Analyzed Network design to determine what were the major problems and improvements needed to be made to the network infrastructure.
- Recommended and implemented use of KiwiCatTools to backup 1200 Cisco 2960 switches
- Design, configuration and installation of Cisco routers and catalyst switches.
- Supporting Development team for the access to corporate network and outside world. Providing access to specific IP, Port filter and port access
- Hands on Cisco switches and routers: Physical cabling, IP addressing, Wide Area Network configurations (Frame-relay)
- Worked on A10 and F5 load balancing
Environment: Cisco, Juniper, VMware VSphere, Solarwinds, A10 and F5 Load Balancer.
Network Technical Resolution Expert
- A core-member of Network Operation Center-IP team.
- Configured RIP and EIGRP on 2600, 2900 and 3600series Cisco routers.
- Implemented VLAN and trunking protocols (802.1q and ISL) on 3560, 3750 and 4500series Cisco Catalyst switches and 19xx, 18xx, 26xx, 54xx.
- Upgraded the IOS on 1900, 2900, 3500 series Cisco Catalyst switches and 2500, 2600, 3600 series Cisco routers.
- Worked on installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN (Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP).
- Configured Access List (Standard, Extended, and Named) to allow users all over the company to access different applications and blocking others.
- Done troubleshooting of TCP/IP problems and connectivity issues in multi-protocol Ethernet environment.
- Worked on network-based IT systems such as raking, stacking, and cabling.
- Troubleshooting the Routing and Configuration Problems of the Managed Customers
- Coordinating with backbone/transmission team and international providers (ISPs) for major outages in their network.
- Managing Trouble tickets with multiple vendors for quick and efficient resolution.
- Choose WAN services to meet customer requirements. MAN, Frame Relay, T1.
- Take proactive action to maintain the fault rate of customers by suggesting Network improvements & corrective actions for repeat complaints
- Documentation of Managed customer database such as IP addresses, passwords, interfaces, network diagram
- IP address inventory management.
Environment: Cisco Routers 2900, 2600, 3600; Cisco Switches 1900, 2900, 3500, 3700 and 4500 series; LAN/WAN: Frame relay, NAT, DHCP, TCP/IP.