- Over 7+ years of experience in the Information Technology field working as a Network Administrator/Engineer
- Good Experience in administration and maintenance of Cisco routers and switches.
- Proficieny in managing Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls and Panorama Management Appliances
- Knowledge of TCP/IP architecture, TCP/IP protocol suites and dynamic routing protocols( OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP)
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN infrastructure and security using Cisco routers/Switches/firewalls.
- Experience with working on Microsoft Active Directory
- Knowledge in IPSEC VPN design connection and protocols, IPSEC tunnel configuration, encryption and integrity protocols
- Administering Firewalls access control requests to ensure security standards and policies, application security reviews using vulnerability assessment tool.
- Proficient in design, implementation, management and troubleshooting of Check Point firewalls, Cisco PIX, NetScreen Firewalls
- Experience in risk analysis, security policy, rules creation and modification of Check Point/Cisco ASA
- Experienced in Configuration, Management, Deployment and Troubleshooting of Checkpoint VSX
- Worked on checkpoint provider R71,R75, R77.1, R77.30 GAIA and secured policies and blocked websites using URL filtering, application identification and threat prevention
Routing Protocols: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, MPLS - VPNs
Switching: VLAN, STP, VTP, PVST/PVST+, MST, Etherchannel, FHRPs
WAN: HDLC, PPP, ISDN, Frame-Relay
Firewall: Check Point GAIA R55/R65,R71/R75/R77, Palo Alto, Cisco ASA ASA 5585/5520, Check Point BladesCisco PIX 535/525
Other: TCP/IP, TELNET, SSH, NAT, DNS, DHCP, IP Multicast, QoS, VSS, IPSec
Cisco Router: 2600, 2800, 3700, 3800, 7200, 7600, ASR 1000
Cisco Switches: 2960, 3550, 3560, 4500, Cisco 6500
Tools: TRAMS/TRS, SPECTRUM, REMEDY, REACT, SECURE CRT, PUTTY, NRM
Confidential, San Antonio, TX
Network Security Engineer
- Policy and Rule maintenance using Palo Alto Panorama device
- Software Upgrade for Palo Alto Devices and Integrating of Active Directory/LDAP with Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls
- Migration from Cisco ASA firewalls to Palo Alto 200 series
- Handle tickets related to Palo Alto to grant web access to company staff.
- Manage the firewall deployment, rules migrations, and firewall administration.
- Responsible for converting existing rule base onto new platforms.
- Integrated LDAP with Palo Alto rule base and Global Protect Client VPNs
- Implementation of access lists and route map.
- Configuration of Interior Gateway protocol (IGP’s like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF) and Exterior Gateway Protocol (BGP).
- Configuration of Routers and Switches according to topology.
- Checking Network Connectivity and Troubleshooting.
- Switch operation switch port Configuration, LAN WAN.
- Inter Vlan Routing, HSRP VRRP GLBP and securing switched networks.
- End-to-end secure networks, troubleshooting integrated environments.
- IP addressing and sub netting, Routing concepts, VLSM/CIDR.
- Bridging and Switching Concepts, LAN Technologies such as Ethernet - CSMA/CD, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN tagging.
- Maintain overall web based security of the company environment
Confidential, New York City, NY
Specialist - Networks
- Installation of Palo Alto (Application and URL filtering, Threat Prevention, Data Filtering)
- Successfully installed Palo Alto PA-3060 firewalls to protects Data Center
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of Palo Alto Networks
- Exposure to wild fire feature of Palo Alto
- Configuring rules and Maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls & Analysis of firewall logs
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall
- Responsible for installation, troubleshooting of Checkpoint firewall and LAN/WAN protocols
- Troubleshooting the VPN tunnels by analyzing the debug logs and packet captures
- Responsible for managing Network & Security Engineering implementation
- Firewall Policy administration and work with user requests submitted by users
- Worked on software blades of checkpoint firewall
- Prepared technical documentation of configurations, processes, procedures, systems and locationsMonitoring the links using SolarWinds monitoring tool for checking down & up time since, also check the bandwidth utilization for individual link.
- Generate Case ID and raised tickets for issues and follow up.
- Implementing VLANs in a network.
- Taking Backup of all Cisco Switches and Routers.
- Working on Clarify Summit Ticketing system to address customers Network related issues.
- Preparing and Maintaining Network topology diagram in our network whenever changes occurs.
- Configuration of IP address for Switches and Routers.
- Configuring & Troubleshooting VSS ( Virtual Switching Systems)
- Troubleshooting of Router and Switch Configuration and working Error.
- Creating trouble tickets for issues and follow up with respective team towards closure.
- Taking the Link Utilization Report of all the locations from Solar winds Server regularly.
- LAN/WAN network support for TCP/IP based devices.
- Updating LAN / WAN Network diagrams with relevant details.
- Configuring VPN through RSA Software.
- Blocking the Spam Mails through Fortimail
- Troubleshooting Router and core Switches link related issues.
- Troubleshooting in the Local Area Network.
- Taking up the responsibilities, maintaining 24x7 operations with shift and support systems.
- Analyze the issue, identification of problem, troubleshoot and resolve cases within the set target.
- Provide technical solution on resolving the cases within service monitoring.
Sr. Network Engineer- Specialist
- Troubleshooting LAN related issue of Enterprise Customers in terms of switching and connectivity.
- Providing support for BGP configuration related issues for customers.
- Optimizing the network with Traffic Switch Over techniques.
- Configuring and troubleshooting DHCP issues on Switches.
- Creation of Network diagrams on Visio.
- Logical analyzing the faults and perform Remote Diagnostics till resolution
- Experience administering DNS, DHCP, FTP, Printers, Active Directory, and Group/Security policies in an enterprise and cloud network environment
- Escalated/referred incidents to respective teams for resolution based on defined matrices and agreed SLAs.
- Communicated effectively with the other teams and resolver groups for getting the issue resolved
- Coordinated with Problem Management team to identify RCA and various types of incidents and changes
- Worked on all Customer Escalations
- IOS upgrade of CISCO router and switches
- Backup of Cisco devices through TFTP/FTP
- Password Recovery, Rommon Recovery, SDM Installation