- Network Engineering professional with around 8+ years’ experience in routing, switching, firewall technologies, Wireless technologies, implementation and troubleshooting of complex network systems.
- Hands on experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting and managing Cisco 7206VXR, 3925, 3845, 3650, 2620, 2960, 2901, 2811, 1900, 1800 series routers, and Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2960 series switches.
- Extensive experience in configuring and troubleshooting of routing protocols RIP v1/v2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Experience in implementation, support and troubleshooting of VLAN’s including operational knowledge of STP, PVST, RSTP, inter VLAN routing, port security, Ether - channel, LACP protocol and ISL/802.1q.
- Hands on experience on Network Access Control (NAC).
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Dealt with the configuration and troubleshooting issues related to Access Control Lists (ACL), NAT/PAT, and ASA/PIX Firewall.
- Experience in setting up site to site (IPSEC VPN) and remote VPN connections to communicate between branches using Cisco network devices.
- Strong experience with Juniper Networks.
- Strong experience in shell scripting.
- Experience with the following technologies MPLS, Frame Relay, SSL VPN and WLAN.
- Good knowledge of OSI Reference Model, TCP/IP, NAT, IDS, IPS, DNS.
- Used multiple network monitoring tools Cisco works, solar winds, Cisco Prime, Cisco ACS, Cisco NCS, Firemon to troubleshoot network issues for end-users.
- Strong experience in Unix and Linux.
- In-depth understanding of IPV4 and implementation of Subnetting.
- Managed and Configured DHCP Scope in Infoblox.
- Implemented Palo Alto Network (PAN) Next Generation Firewalls in the data center.
- Extensive experience taking copy of Cisco IOS on TFTP server and loading back on routers.
- Experience testing Cisco routers and switches in laboratory scenarios and deploy on site for production.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and Committed to highest levels of professional.
- Strong customer focus and experience of customer support.
- Willing to work hard, a determination to see things through in the face of unexpected setbacks and a desire to learn.
LAN technologies: Ethernet/ Fast Ethernet/ Gigabit Ethernet networks, VLANS, VTP, STP, PVST, RSTP, 802.1W.
WAN technologies: Frame Relay, ISDN, PPP, MPLS, leased lines and exposure to PPP, HDLC, DS1, DS3, OC3, OC12, OC48, T1/T3 and E1/E3
Cisco and other vendor equipment’s: Cisco routers (7206 VXR,2811, 2901,3925, 3845,3945,2620, 2612), Cisco Catalyst switches (6509, 6506, 6513, 3750, Catalyst 37xx stack, 4000, 3550, 2900, 2960, 2800, 1900 series), Cisco nexus 7000 series 10- slot switch and 5000 Series Switch, Load Balancer ACE/F5, CatOS, Cisco IOS 11.x, 12.x.
Network Security: ACL, NAT/PAT, Route maps, Firewall ASA 5500 series and PIX 515E, 525 series, IPsec VPN Configuration, RADIUS, TACACS+, IDS/IPS,3060 VPN Concentrator.
Protocols/Services: TCP/IP, UDP, Routing Protocols (RIP v1 & v2, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), GLBP, VRRP, HSRP, QoS, CDP.
Network Management Tools: Cisco Works, Solar winds, Firemon, Infoblox, Cisco NCS, Cisco ACS, NetMRI, Show and Share, DMM, DMP, TMS, Wire shark, NetQoS Super-Agent.
WLAN technologies: Autonomous AP’s, Lightweight AP’s, Cisco wireless LAN Controller 2400 series, WDS, WLSE, Standards 802.11a/b/g.
P Telephony: Cisco wireless LAN, Cisco Call Manager (CCM), PBX and VOIP dial peers.
Confidential, Chesapeake, VA
Sr Network Administrator/ Engineer
- Experience working with Cisco IOS-XR on the ASR9000 devices for MPLS deployments
- Experience with migrating from OSPF to BGP WAN Routing protocol
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with PIX Firewalls
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations. This includes changes to both the voice and data environment.
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Document and followed the change process as per IT policy It also includes the configuration of port channel between core switches and server distribution switches
- Experience with setting up MPLS Layer 3 VPN cloud in data center and also working with BGP WAN towards customer
- Experience with moving data center from one location to another location, from 6500 based data center to Nexus based data center
- Experience in communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Configuration 7609, 7606 with OSPF and catalyst 6505, 4500, 3550 switches with various VLAN.
- Migrated legacy F5 LTM and GTM appliance to newer version appliances
- Created complex rules utilizing TCL scripting to perform load balancing decisions
- Configured F5 GTM solutions, which includes WideIP, Pool Load Balancing Methods, probers and monitors.
- Able to view and manage the conditions in a computer network (NMN).
- Configuring, upgrading and deployment of Nexus 7010, 5596 and 2248.
- Installation and deployment of new class 9X and class 10 Server farms in multiple silos.
- Designing and installing new branch network systems. Resolving network issues, running test scripts and preparing network documentation.
- Working with Cisco Nexus 2248 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5500 series to provide a Flexi
- Worked on GTMs like F5 and A10's on DNS issues and also was a part of A10 to F5 GTM migrations.
- Create and testCisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, and MPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Redesign of Internet connectivity infrastructure for meeting bandwidth requirements
- Configured HSRP and VLAN trucking 802.1Q, VLAN Routing on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Optimized performance of the WANnetworkconsisting of Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches by configuring VLANs.
- Configured BPDU Guard, port-fast, uplink fast and other spanning tree features
- Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco 2500, 2600, 3000, 6500, 7500, 7200 Series routers
- Experience with Juniper SRX 240 Firewalls.
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, STM1 and STM4 circuit types.
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Worked on F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Worked on Cisco Routers, Active /Passive Hubs, Switches, Cisco PIX Firewall, Nortel VPN Concentrators TCP/IP, NAT and Checkpoint ESX/GSX firewall.
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel.
- Hands-on experience in the network management of circuits using TDM and Frame Relay network, performing configuration and provisioning management, fault management and performance monitoring.
Environment: 6500/3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Juniper (M320, T640), Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS,Unix,Linux,SQL, Ether Channels, NMN (Network Node Manager)
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Sr. Network Engineer
- Responsible for entire LAN and WAN maintenance and troubleshooting of the company network. Involved in the Team of Data Center Operations to perform duties like administration and deployment of Cisco Routers and Switches according to the organization requirements.
- Performed network administration tasks such as creation and management of VLANS, Port security, Trunking, RPVST+, Inter-VLAN routing, and LAN security.
- Implementing anti-threat applications such as firewall s,antivirus software andspyware -detection programs using Network Access Control (NAC).
- Established IPSEC-VPN tunnels with ASA 5500 series Firewall between some branch offices & headquarters.
- Worked with Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 4900 switches and Cisco 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200 & 7600 series Routers.
- Design and deployed F5 LTM load balancer infrastructure per business needs from the ground up approach
- Coordinated with the Service provider and 3rd party Vendor to resolve high priority issue
- Managed the security infrastructure of the service provider which includes ASA 5585, 5540, 5520, Cisco IPS 4270, Cisco ACS 4.2 & 5.2
- Implemented and monitored the network using network sniffing and scanning tool as Wireshark.
- Involved in troubleshooting VLAN, RSTP, & Switch Trunk issues.
- Involved in Network Designing, Routing, DNS, IP Subnetting, TCP/IP protocol.
- Worked with Routing Protocols of EIGRP and BGP.
- Configured and troubleshoot issues dealing with Cisco ACE Load balancers for internal Web servers on Intranet.
- Implemented security measures using ACL and configured NAT according to the connectivity requirement.
- Configured PVSTP+ for loop prevention and VTP for Inter-VLAN Routing.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists.
- Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices & POPs.
- Set up Citrix NetScaler and Branch Repeater in a variety of network configurations utilizing features including Access Gateway, App Firewall, SSL Offload, Load Balancing, and Global Server Load Balancing.
- GRE tunneling & Site-to Site VPN configuration between other two sites in USA.
- Worked on the security levels with RADIUS, TACACS+.
- Serving as a key player between customer and AAA solar electric providing steps for network recovery. Implemented redundancy for Routers, Switches and Firewalls.
- Set up and troubleshoot secured wireless access points (WAP) and wireless LAN controller (WLC) for broadband internet.
- Managing firewall rules on Juniper and Cisco Firewalls
- Design and Implementation of Cybearoam, Cisco (ASA & Nexus) and Juniper firewalls
- Experience working with the Cisco routers and switches such as Nexus series.
- Configuring of IP Allocation and subnetting for all applications and servers and other needs throughout company using FLSM, VLSM addressing.
- Configuration of SNMP and NTP on Router and Switches.
- Manage Cisco Routers and troubleshoot layer1, layer2 and layer3 technologies for customer escalations
- Monitored all equipment’s using NetQos, Solar Winds.
- Provided 24/7 rotational on call supports for branch offices.
- IP Allocation & Maintenance for users and other needs throughout company.
Environment: STP, RSTP, Cisco IOS-XR,UNIX, LINUX, SQL, VTP, VOIP, DMZ, HSRP, Port-Channel, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, PPP, HDLC, SNMP, DNS, DHCP.
Confidential, Pomona, NY
Sr. Network Engineer
- Perform network engineering, design, planning (WAN & LAN), & implementation.
- Managing Access list for PIX and Routers (Priority based, time based)
- Installed & configured OSPF on Frame-Relay with multi-area design in core routers (7200, 7204, and 7206).
- Design OSPF Areas for reliable Access Distribution and for Core IP Routing.
- Implementing, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Convergence in Frame-Mode MPLS inside the core.
- Load Balancing using F5 Networks Big IP.
- Designed and Implemented Cisco UCS pods in Nexus 7000 and Cisco 6500 Platform.
- Configuration of Fabric path and connectivity between Nexus 5K and Nexus 7k
- Configuration and troubleshooting link state protocols like OSPF in single area and multiple areas.
- Implemented security of a priority network using Network Access Control (NAC).
- Configured Multicasting protocol for IPTV and Multicast over GRE tunnels.
- Migrated Cat 6500 series switches to Nexus 5K.
- Experience in working with Cisco Nexus 5000 series switches for data center.
- Configured OSPF on CISCO devices with multiple routing processes and redistributed them. Tested and hands on experience in multi area OSPF topologies.
- Study single point failures & design WAN structure in such a way that there are no failures in network in case of any device or link failure.
- Work with application developers and systems engineer to migrate applications and systems to a new Border Gateway network.
- Work with developers to document data flows and troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Add, delete, and modify rules on Checkpoint firewalls.
- Setting up VLANS and configuring ISL trunk on Fast-Ethernet channel between switches
- Implemented SNMP on Cisco routes to allow for network management
- Installed and configured Routers, Bridges, Terminal Servers and CSU/DSU’s to support WAN links
- Redistribution of routing protocols and Frame-Relay configurations
- Deployed and Configured QoS on LAN/WAN. Strong knowledge of various routing protocols including RIPV2, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP4
Environment: CISCO routers and switches, Access Control Server, VLAN, Trunk Protocols, CISCO ASA, DHCP, DNS, Spanning tree, Nimsoft.
- Configured and troubleshooting HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MPLS WAN, QoS and Route Maps.
- Configured and maintaining Cisco 7200, 4400, 5000 and 6500 platforms.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues involving VLAN's, OSPF, QoS etc.
- Support, monitor and manage the IP network.
- Understanding the JUNOS platform and worked IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Strong hands on experience in layer-3 Routing and layer-2 Switching.
- Worked on Nexus models like 7K, 5K, 2K series, Cisco router models like 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500, 1800 series and Cisco catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 3500, 2900 series switches
- Performance monitoring of various applications and web servers to maintain quality of service and network stability.
- Accountable for SAN migrations, LUN creations, and masking removal; Citrix XenApp, XenServer, and XenDesktop design and implementation; and Citrix NetScaler configurations and maintenance.
- The project involved the decommissioning of older Cisco equipment and replacing them with the Nexus platform. These include the Nexus 2048's, 5596 and 56128 platforms
- Maintained core switches, creating VLAN's and configuring VTP.
- Designed IP Addressing schemes, VLAN tables and Switchport assignments, Trunking and Ether-channel implementation.
- Gained hands on experience with VLSM, STP, VTP, VLAN Trunking.
- Installed and set up Cisco routers and switches according to deployment plans.
- Applied access lists and NAT configurations based on implementation guidelines.
- Managed and developed network projects designed to strengthen network continuity and deploy security elements in an attempt to meet and exceed contract requirements, including system analysis and troubleshooting.
- Change management, monitoring network performance with network tools.
- IP Distribution for existing devices and new devices as they were added.
- Preformed maintenance on equipment as necessary, performing device upgrades, modification of configurations, password changes and diagnostic testing.
- Configuring FEX, VPC, Port-Channel on Cisco Nexus Switches.
- Worked with vendors and Engineering team to test new hardware and procedures.
- Prepared and maintained documentation using MS Visio.
Environment: CISCO routers and switches, Access Control Server, VLAN, Trunk Protocols, CISCO ASA, DHCP, DNS,SAN, Spanning tree, Nimsoft, Windows Server, Windows NT.
- Responsibilities include technical documentation of all upgrading devices in the network.
- Attending meetings and technical discussions related to NOC changes.
- Monitoring the NMS system for different Network Alerts.
- Set up of distributed core LAN using Cisco 6500 series switches
- Coordinating with service providers for WAN link outages.
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, inter-VLAN routing, Trunking, STP, RSTP, port aggregation & link negotiation.
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP, OSPF & BGP Routing protocols.
- Network Cabling, dressing, labeling and troubleshooting various network drops onsite.
- Experienced in Planning and Organizing Change Managements.
- Maintenance/updating of Network diagrams.
- Worked on Network Operations using Ticketing system.
- Commissioning of New Links By coordinating with Service providers.
- Ensure standard Router and Switch Configurations are maintained.
- Responsible for Capacity planning, Contingency planning & disaster recovery.
- LAN Segments monitoring/Trouble shooting LAN related issues.
- Carryout periodic backup of Router/Switch configurations.
- Planning and Implementing New Infrastructure in the Data Center.
- Analyzing the Bandwidth Utilization of the Links.
- Troubleshooting on the devices by remote login to determine the RFO (Reason for outage) and RCA (Root cause analysis) to minimize the consequences of malfunctions.
- Equipment Installation/Removal in the NOC.
Environment: Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP and Vulnerability Assessment tools like Nessus, Red Hat, Solaris, Juniper VPN’s and SSL.