- Over 7+ years of experience in the areas of DevOps, AWSCloud, CI/CD pipeline, Build/Release Management and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Cloud migration, Configuration and installation of various services provided byAWS.
- In - depth knowledge of Amazon EC2, S3, ElasticBeanstalk, RDS, ELB, and ElasticsearchService, and other various services inAWS.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual PrivateCloud(VPC), Public and Private Subnets, inbound and outbound Security Groups, Route Tables, configuring using Elastic Load Balancer.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of various applications across multiple cloud providers and managing infrastructure.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions. Implemented a Docker delivery pipeline allowing for CI/CD of Java tomcat web service containers.
- Experience in implementing Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker swarm and Docker container Network.
- Worked with automation/configuration management using Ansible and created playbooks in YAML to automate the development processes.
- Experience in managing Ansible Playbooks with Ansibleroles, group variables and inventory files and copy and remove files on remote systems using file module.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Developed Puppet modules to automate deployment, configuration and lifecycle management of key clusters.
- Automated deployment activities in middleware environment which includes portal applications running on Java/AWS using Puppet master and Agent nodes. Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded, and managed
- Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Good experience in implementing Jenkins builds pipeline flow to handle complex build workflows.
- Configured Jenkins Monitor, List and Build views to displays the status and progress of selected jobs with build version information.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment (CI/CD),DevOpstool chain andDevOpsprocesses for agile projects.
- ImplementedCI/CDallowing for deploy to multiple client Kubernetes/AWS environments.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for building and deployable artifacts in Artifactory and Nexus.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN).
- Experience in monitoring servers with NRPE plugin inNagiostool. Worked with logging/monitoring such asNagiosand AWS cloudwatch.
- Experience with log aggregation tools like ELK (Elastic search, Logstash &Kibana) configuration and administration for monitoringAWSEC2 instances.
- Managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure usingNagios. Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance usingNagios.
- Ability in development and execution of XML, Python, Bash, RUBY, Perl and SHELL scripts.
- Experience in working with bug tracking tools like JIRA, HP Quality center, Remedy and Clear Quest.
- Experience in network administration, deploying and troubleshooting of DNS, LDAP, Load Balancing, SMTP, Firewall etc.
- Working Knowledge on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant Configuring and installing Virtual machine, Virtual Center servers and VMware Appliance.
- Working knowledge on Linux/Unix system administrator on RHEL 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x Ubuntu and VMwareV-Sphere environment.
- Experience in Load Balance Linux systems by Linux Virtual Server (LVS) for High Performance and High Available of Linux clustering Technology.Full understanding of SDLC, RUP, Agile Methodologies and process.
Cloud: AWS, OpenStack
Containerization Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, SaltStack
ConfigurationManagement Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
AWS services: EC2, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM, Cloud formation, S3, Cloud watch, Cloud trial, SNS, SQS, EBS, Route 53
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Bit Bucket.
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, ELK, Cloud watch
Scripting: Python, Perl, Bash, Java Script, Ruby, Power shell, YAML
Databases: My SQL, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, DB2, NoSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
Application Servers & Web Servers: WebLogic 9.x/10.x, WebSphere 6.x/7.x/8.x, JBOSS 4.1, Apache HTTP, Nginx, Apache TOMCAT
Networking: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP, SNMP
Tracking Tools: Remedy, Service Now and PVCS Tracker, JIRA, BugZilla
Operating Systems: Linux/UNIX RedHat 4/5/6/7), RHEL, UBUNTU, WINDOWS NT/2000/2003/XP/VISTA/7/8/10.
Virtualization Technology: VMware vSphere ESXi 5.x/4.x, ESX /3.x, VMware Workstation, Oracle Virtual box
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, charlotte, NC
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWScloudformation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services likeCloudFront,cloudwatch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS,CloudTrail.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC Managed IAM accounts (with MFA) and IAM policies to meet security audit & compliance requirements and worked as Admin.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies and used S3 buckets and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Utilizing Cloud Watch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS, DB services, DynamoDB tables and EBS volumes.
- Configuring S3 Buckets for EBS backed Snapshots and versioning for data backups and Leveraged AWS cloud as an extension of the corporate datacenter by creating a VPN connection between corporate datacenter and VPC using Customer and Virtual Private Gateways.
- To trigger changes made in AWS Dynamo DB integrated it with Lambda, created Cron jobs for initiating our daily batch data pulls, executing our continuous integration tests done under Jenkins& backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Worked withTerraform templates key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs and Change automation.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of theKubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Provided consistent environment usingKubernetesfor deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Changed the infrastructure Elastic Beanstalk to Docker withKubernetesto provide better performance and easier management of the production environment.
- Expertise in using Docker including DockerHub, DockerEngine, Dockerimages, compose, swarm, and Docker Registry and used containerization to make our applications platform to be consistent flexible when they are moved into different environments.
- WroteAnsiblePlaybooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of Openstack Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python.
- Hands on experience with migrating all nodes from Ansible configuration system and expertise in creating playbooks using yaml and convert Ansible configuration toChefSystem.
- Implemented infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Hands-on experience onAnsibleandAnsibleTower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Implemented Infrastructure automation throughAnsiblefor auto provisioning, code deployments, software installation and configuration updates.
- Designed, Installed and ImplementedChefconfiguration management system. Created and updatedChefRecipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting.
- Rolled outChefto all servers,and used theChefnode database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring and experience in creatingChefRecipes, automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.Written multiple cookbooks inChef.
- Created CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins, Bamboo to deploy containerized applications using Docker in the AWS cloud for dynamic scaling.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating/configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Used RabbitMQ as OpenStack’s message-passing pipeline which serves as both synchronous and asynchronous communications channel and used Merantis 9.0 as a deploying tool inOpenstack environment.
- Created and wrote shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT.
- Used advanced search engine ELK stack (Elastic search, Logstash and Kibana) to process large datasets and visualize the results based on aggregations and filters on structured and unstructured fields.
- Responsible of installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA.
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers using kickstart& support for various applications, which on Linux followed by performance tuning, patching and maintenance.
- Installed, configured and Administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers on Amazon Web Services (AWS), includes the Design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat, CentOS.
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Confidential, reston, VA
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates. Designed roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM) and also managed network security using Security Groups, and IAM.
- Worked onAWSELB and configure the auto scaling as per the application user traffic and managing the multi-tier and multi-region architecture usingAWSCloud Formation.
- Container management usingDockerby writingDockerfiles and set up the automated build onDockerHUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Hands on experience withDockerhub, creatingDockerimages and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Developed several playbooks usingAnsibleand deployed the applications/services on the client hosts.Worked onAnsiblesetup, managing hosts file, Using YAML linter, authoring various playbooks and custom moduleswithAnsible.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Server, Puppet-Dashboard and PuppetDB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Performed Continuous Integrated Delivery (CI and CD process) usingJenkinsand performed Build/Release/SCM/DevOpsengineerduties
- Administration of Continuous Integration tool inJenkins. Create and configure new jobs for each and every application inJenkinsbased on technology stacks.
- Worked with build environment such as Jenkins, container management systems such asDocker and Kubernetes.
- Used Ant, Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Version Control Subversion (SVN) and GitHub Enterprise and Automated current build process with Jenkins with proposed Branching strategies to accommodate code in various testing cycles.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Used to test the state of different services using Nagios Monitoring tool.
- Used and Administered Continuous Integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo. Built, configured and supported Application team environments. Maintained and upgraded Jira issue tracker, Crucible code review tool.
- Managed and maintained TFS server. Customize Work Items, Process Templates, Build Definition Templates and TFS Reports Experience Installing, configuring and upgrading WebLogic, Tomcat & JBoss application server.
- Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, Cent OS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR's, VPC, NAT) and deployment via SCALR and EC2 Installs with Centos, Ubuntu RHEL6 and Scientific Linux.
- Evaluating performance of EC2 instances their CPU, Memory Usage, IOPS, and Network Usages and suggest appropriate instance type for the same.
- Working on AWS Elastic load balancing for deploying applications in high availability.
- Working on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using Cloud Watch in AWS.
- Created and implemented custom Nagios monitoring and managed with Puppet.
- Automated to manage tens of thousands of VMs across multiple cloud platforms using puppet.
- Worked with Hierra (YAML and JSON) to define site specific information, out of manifests, created and deployed re-usable modules.
- Wrote Puppet modules for installing different packages, managing versions, setting parameters and manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, and Users Mount Points.
- Configured and maintainedJenkinsto implement the CI process and integrated the tool with GIT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Implemented new build framework usingJenkins& maven as build framework tools.
- ConfiguredJenkinsdaily periodic backups forJenkinsconfiguration and plugins files. Worked with data management tools like ELK.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories, views, and the access control strategies and performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects. Connected continuous integration system with the GIT version control repository.
- Implemented Git, GitHub, Maven, and ran the Chef cookbooks/recipes to automate build and manage on Apache Tomcat.
- Using AWS Lambda, running scripts/code snippets in response to events occurring in AWS Cloud and maintaining it.
- Installed, configured and maintained web servers like HTTP Web Server, Apache Web Server and WebLogic Application Server on RedHat Linux images.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web Logic web application servers and involved in editing the existing Ant files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
Confidential, San jose, CA
- ReleaseEngineerfor a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented SoftwareReleaseManagement strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Managed Tortise SVN repositories for branching, merging and tagging.
- Used Subversion as source code repositories.
- Worked on Nagios for monitoring the systems.
- Developed Shell/Perl Scripts for Automation purpose.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Worked closely with Software Developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Designing and implementing fully automated serverbuildmanagement, monitoring and deployment By Using Technologies like Puppet.
- Developedbuildand deployment scripts using Ant and Maven asbuildtools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, and Data base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Setting up continuous integration and formalbuildsusingBamboowith Artifactory repository.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues inBambooand JIRA.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Developed PowerShell 2.0 scripting to work with TFS Object Model to utilize for more repeatable, automated processes and tasks.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Implemented the setup for Master Slave Architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat application server.
- Deployed .NET applications to application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Supported and developed tools for Integration, Automated Testing andReleaseManagement.
- Involved in Research of the project application architecture to support/resolveBuild, Compile and Test issues/problems.
- System Administration, System Builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patching, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery and Performance Monitoring on Linux/AIX/Windows Operating Systems.
- Proficient in configuring Kickstart servers to initiate installation of Red Hat Linux on several machines.
- Worked with Version Control tools such as GIT and Subversion SVN.
- Automate systems installation, configuration, maintenance, and recovery.
- File system tuning, growing, and shrinking with Veritas File system and LVM.
- Basic understanding of SAN and NAS based storage arrays and the topologies.
- Experience in Package Management using RedHat RPM/YUM and RedHat Satellite server.
- Experience in writing Shell scripts using bash, for process automation of databases, applications, backup and scheduling.
- Implemented Server consolidation and virtualization using XEN, VMware ESX and vCenter.
- Dual Virtual Host Hardware Installation, configuration and administration. Migration from Xen to VMWARE. ESX installation and configuration, VCenter Operations.
- Installed and administration of windows and Linux (Centos, Ubuntu and Red hat) servers.
- Installed, monitored and supported Apache and Tomcat Web and Application Servers on Linux environments.
- Installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, DNS, NFS, DHCP, FTP, SSH, TCP/IP and HTTP.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support