- 6 years of strong experience in Software Configuration Management, System Administration, DevOps, Build Engineering Continuous Integrations and Deployment process at Various Enterprises.
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), experience in implementing new AWS systems and migration of existing Linux and Windows - based systems to AWS. VMware to AWS migration experience.
- Experienced in managing applications by implementing AWS services which includes EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB (Elastic Load Balancing), AMI, SNS, RDS, IAM (Identity &Access Management), KMS, Route 53, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, OPS Work, Security Groups.
- Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365).
- Experience in Azure Cloud Services (PaaS & IaaS), Storage, Web Apps, Active Directory, Azure Application Insights, Logic Apps, Data Factory, Service Bus, Traffic Manager, Azure Monitoring, AzureOMS, Key Vault, Cognitive Services (LUIS) and SQL Azure, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, ExpressRoute, Load Balancing, Application Gateways.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Experience on Virtualization technologies like VMware, Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, Microsoft virtual PC.
- Configured application servers like Web-Sphere, Tomcat, Web-Logic with the databases.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and HTTPS.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux including CentOS, Redhat, Ubuntu, Debian, configuration and administration of Red Hat Virtual machines in VMware Environment
- Implemented Deployment automation using Udeploy (urban codes deploy).
- Experience in database technology such as Oracle, SQL, PLSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, including NoSQL databases such as Apache Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB.
- In depth experience on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture and Implementation using Azure, AWS, Google cloud platform, OpenStack and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Slack, Salesforce.
- Strong experience on administering applications on Operating Systems like Linux, UNIX, Windows.
- Experienced using Terraform in AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Proficient in Writing Terraform templates, Involved in Provisioning AWS Infrastructure using Terraform scripts from Jenkins.
- Expertise in building CI/CD pipeline, upstream/ downstream projects, multi-branch pipelines with the help of Jenkins and setting up Maven/ANT repositories and to automate everyday builds.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like GIT, Subversion to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT (GitHub/Git Lab), SVN (subversion) on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Maintaining Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment in multiple environments like DEV, TEST, STAGE & PROD.
- Extensively worked on Hudson/Jenkins and IBM Rational Build Forge for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all Build and deployments.
- Proficient in build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Bash, shell, PERL, Groovy, Ruby and Python.
- Experienced in using the Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely to fasten the Build/Release Engineering.
- Automated deployments, scaling, and operations of application containers across clusters of hosts, provided container-centric infrastructure by Kubernetes.
- Experienced in using Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet to create reusable Server configurations for easy adaptation across diverse applications and environments.
- Experience in using Nexus and JFrog Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Remedy, IBM Rational Clear Quest.
- Experienced in using software Build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively.
- Proficiency in writing automation scripts using Chef, Puppet, Shell, Power Shell to support infrastructure as code and continuous deployment.
- Experienced in keeping up and looking at log archives using monitoring tools like Nagios, Splunk, CloudWatch, ELK Stack, Dynatrace, New Relic and App Dynamics.
- Strong experience as an integral part of the 24/7 on-call teams for troubleshooting outages/ issues with applications.
- Good Knowledge in Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) like Waterfall and Agile Scrum.
- Quick and excellent learner with high analytical aptitude to master new concepts and applications.
Operating systems: Windows, Unix, Linux (Ubuntu, Red hat).
Virtualization: AWS, VMware, Vagrant, Virtual box.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Source Code Management: SVN, GIT, Bitbucket, IBM Rational Clear Case.
Bug Tracker and Testing: JIRA, Junit, Test Flight, Confluence, SonarQube. containers: Docker, Kubernetes and ECS.
CI/ CD Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo.
Scripting Languages: Python, Bash, Ruby, Power Shell, Perl, YAML.
Configuration Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Data dog, Nagios, AppDynamics.
Cloud Services: AWS, Azure, Google cloud Platform.
Web/App Servers: Nginx, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, WebLogic, Glassfish, IBM web sphere.
SDLC: Waterfall model, Agile, Scrum.
AWS Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and good knowledge ofAWSServices like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB (Load Balancers), RDS, SNS, SWF, lambda and EBS etc.
- Design, Implementation and Testing of the capabilities to support AWS Cloud environment like AMI Management, Provisioning, Patching, Storage, Backup and Restore,Disaster Recovery,Database Administration,Batch Processing,Monitoring and Logging,Release Management,Capacity and Performance Management,Financial Management,Tagging.
- Created theAWSVPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Responsible for the Plugin Management, User Management, Build/Deploy CI/CD Pipeline Setup and End-End Job Setup of all the projects and Integration of Nexus Repository, Jenkins, Urban code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira.
- Experience in setting up MongoDB Client and writing queries to validate data against Mongo Collections, MySQL. Installed, configured and managed MongoDB servers and performance tuning of Mongo Databases.
- Monitoring resources and Applications usingAWSCloudWatch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, SNS and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Rehydration ofAWSservers is performed periodically to upgrade the application's infrastructure to have latest OS and configuration.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD pipeline) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Able to create scripts for system administration andAWSusing languages such as Python.
- Created Lambda functions to upload code and to check changes in S3, Dynamo DB table.
- Implemented systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on theAWS platform.
- Created IAM policies for delegated administration withinAWSand Configure IAM Users/Roles/Policies to grant fine-grained access toAWSresources to users.
- Used Terraform andcloudformation scripts to Automate Instances for Manual Instances that were launched before.
- Customized Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Created CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Auto scaling launch configurations.
- Created multiple DNS using Route 5.
- Worked on building architecture for the POC from end-to-end.
- Created different IAM roles for different services appropriately.
- Worked withAWSCodeStar in order to build the entire CI/CD process for the application.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using CloudWatch.
- Knowledge on VPC creation with appropriate subnets and also provisioning appropriate Security Groups and NACL's in order to provide appropriate level of security.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups and polices.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Managed notifying S3, ASG, email notifications using SNS.
- Created DynamoDB schemas for the architecture appropriates.
- Created Jenkins file to set up CI/CD pipelines
- Created a Jenkins pipelines for several scenarios.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch
- Automatedclouddeployments using python, andAWSCloudFormation Templates.
- Performed Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: GIT, BitBucket.
- Working knowledge on the toolslike Dynatrace, CloudWatch, Netcool, Splunk, Team Quest, BitBucket, PuppetAutosys.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring, and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
Environment: Lambda, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Terraform, JIRA, VPC, EC2, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, GitHub, CloudWatch, Python, SNS, Yaml, CloudFormation.
Sr. AWS DevOps Engineer
Confidential, Omaha, NE
- Involved heavily in setting up the CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, GitHub, CHEF, Terraform and AWS.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, S3, Glacier, ELB, IAM, DynamoDB, Cloud Trail, Route53, RDS, SNS, SQS and EBS.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Used EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts
- Created S3 buckets to back up the files and customized it in JSON format and assign the policies who can access the files. For long term storage and archive files Glacier is used, worked with Amazon IAM console to create custom users and groups.
- Worked with EBS (Elastic Block Storage), created volumes and attached to the EC2 instances, created snapshot from that to create a new server with same configurations and monitored the instances using CloudWatch.
- Hands on experience in deploying and configuring Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and X-Ray.
- Wrote AWS Lambda functions in python for AWS's Lambda which invokes python scripts to perform various transformations and analytics on large data sets in EMR clusters.
- Used Terraform in AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Provisioned the highly available EC2 Instances using Terraform and wrote new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Worked on Azure ExpressRoute to establish connection from Azure to On-premise datacenter. Working knowledge on Azure Fabric, Micro services, IoT & Docker containers in Azure.
- Involved in using Azure Media and Content delivery, Azure Networking, Azure Hybrid integration, Azure Identity and Access Management, Azure Data Factory and Storage, Azure compute services and Azure Web apps
- Performed provisioning of IAAS, PAAS Virtual Machines and Web, Worker roles on Microsoft AZURE Classic and Azure Resource Manager. Deployed Web applications on Azure using PowerShell Workflow.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins 2.32.3 on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Integrated Docker container orchestration framework using Kubernetes by creating pods, config Maps and deployments.
- Worked with building Kubernetes run time environment of the CI/CD system to build, test and deploy in an open source platform.
- Wrote GROOVY/Unix scripts to setup CI/CD Pipeline and configure resources and Servers.
- Creation of Subnets and Route tables, Internet gateway, Virtual gateway and customer gateway.
- Used MySQL, DynamoDB and Elasticache to perform basic database administration.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Assisted Engineering team with expanding the security requirements on Linux Installed and Configured the Nexus repository manager for sharing the artifacts within the company.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Written scripting languages like Bash, Perl and Ruby and customized facts for efficient management of the Chef clients.
- Implemented the automated Nagios in Ops environment for alerts and email notifications using Python script and executed them through Chef. Used Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process & to perform deployments to JBoss and Tomcat Web servers.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using Splunk.
- Implemented JIRA to track all issues pertaining to the software development lifecycle and Integrated JIRA with GIT repositories created automated release notes using Python Scripting
- Developed Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages. Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the wrapper to manage the configuration of AWS nodes and test playbooks on AWS instance using Python, Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Provided WLST and configured various WebLogic components/services via python scripts.
- HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS) and server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
Environment: Lambda, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Terraform, Azure, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, ELKstack, MySQL, Python, Ruby, Nagios, Splunk, Shell scripting, Groovy, Git, Nexus, Jenkins, Maven, Redhat Linux and Windows.
Sr. DevOps/Cloud engineer
- Created AWS S3 buckets, performed folder management in each bucket, Managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket.
- Created alarms and trigger points in Cloud Watch based on thresholds and monitored the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage and Utilized AWS Cloud Watch services to monitor environment for operational & performance metrics during load testing.
- Worked on m3 xlarge instance type for Active Directory and Remote Desktop Gateway instances and the high-configured instance type for Network Address Translation (NAT) instances.
- Used Amazon Web Services integrated cloud service as we initiated the process of migration from AWS to Microsoft Azure.
- Deployed and managing many servers utilizing both traditional Microsoft Azure and with the Chef Platform configuration system. And good understanding on Knife, Chef Bootstrap process.
- Configured Azure Multi-Factor Authentication as a part of Azure AD Premium to securely authenticate users and worked on Azure VPN-Point to Site, Virtual networks, Azure Custom security, endpoint security and firewall.
- Migrated SQL Server database to Windows Azure SQL database and updated Connection Strings and Responsible for the availability, security, access, backup, and performance of the cloud architecture.
- Good Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes, Terraform.
- Deployed docker containers in Kubernetesand Managing Pods and deployments on Kubernetescluster.Setting up DevOps pipeline for solutions involving containers and orchestration
- Development and maintenance of Virtual Machine (VM) and Container images for cloud-based solutions.
- Worked on Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Test Driven Development (TDD) and Agile methodologies
- Created and updated chef recipes and cookbooks, profiles and roles using Ruby and JSON scripting Migration of all nodes from Puppet Configuration system to Chef System.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of server types and application tiers, including Elasticsearch and other available tools.
- Installed and setting up the Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes, Development of Chef Recipes through Knife command-line tool to create Chef cookbooks to manage systems configuration
- Hands on experience in using Elastic container services / Azure Container Services.
- Designing, setting up from scratch, and scaling continuous build, integration and deployment process from development to production multiple times a day using tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus, maven, Ant, rpm and pop.
- Written scripts in terraform when required and Parser files of complexity when required. created Docker containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker containers from scratch.
- Configured/administered Splunk with forwarder configuration, deployment, search heads, indexing, and data source configurations for log monitoring.
- Used Nagios as monitoring tool to identify, resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting and PERL
- Worked with JIRA for creating Projects, assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects & Created Mail handlers and notification Schemes for JIRA.
Environment: Chef, Nagios, Splunk, Python Scripting, PERL, Microsoft Azure, AWS, Docker, Open Shift, Nexus, Kubernetes, Elastic container services / Azure Container Services, JIRA, Terraform, Jenkins
Build and Release Engineer
- Delivered architecture designs and solutions for public, private and Hybrid clouds covering the cloud architecture tiers and portfolios of cloud services.
- Installed, Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration and AWS Deployment pipelines using various plugins like Jenkins EC2 plugin and Jenkins Cloud Formation plugin.
- Used EC2 as virtual servers to host Git, Jenkins and converting manual procedures to dynamic API generated procedures.
- Created Release Plan, definition, collection, analysis, and presentation of release project metrics.
- Creation of Build&Release Plan, collection, analysis & presentation of Project Metrics on weekly basis.
- Implemented & Maintained the Branching and Build/Release strategies utilizing GIT source code management.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories and the access control strategies.
- Implemented continuous delivery pipe line using Docker and Jenkins.
- Deployed JAR, WAR & EAR artifacts into the WebLogic servers and Apache servers.
- Setup the Jenkins server with complete Maven build jobs providing a continuous, automated scheduled QA build environment based on multiple SVN repositories for deployments.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Pulled code from development line using cherry-pick, creating a tag, and pushing it to main line using GIT version control after integration and build.
- Deployed and installed new servers and their appropriate services for various applications in Linux.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build Artifacts on the source code.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Worked with transition project that involved migration activities from ANT to MAVEN to standardize build across all applications. Used Nexus as a repository in Maven, worked with Snapshots and releases.
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Developed Python code to extract information from XML files using DOM Modules.
- Automated the java and .NET projects end to end using pipelines which includes build, run tests, static code analysis, publishing to VM ware and JFrog Arti factory, deployment and running the smoke tests.
- Perform periodic system audits on all environments to ensure that only controlled versions of software reside all environments. Used Puppet to maintain configuration on Linux servers.
- Used ClearQuest as Ticketing Tracking tool. Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, Automated Testing and Release Management.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, GIT, Subversion (SVN), maven, .NET, Nexus, Shell, Python, Docker, Tomcat, SonarQube, Puppet, ClearQuest, JFrog.
Build and Release Engineer
- Implemented Cloud Infrastructure as a Service environment using open source technology Open Stackto enable portability of cloud services across hybrid cloud environments.
- Build and release software baselines, code merges, branch and label creation and interfaced between development and infrastructure. Performed all necessary day-to-day Git operations.
- Building and monitoring in the project has been done continuously with a CI Tools like Jenkins.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Configured SonarQube code quality tool and integrated with Jenkins.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Deployment of the Business processes by creating JAR, WAR and EAR files to IBM Web Logic application servers.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Worked on creating repositories in GIT Stash for multiple applications
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created build/deploy documentation in confluence for various applications.
- Wrote Puppet manifests files for all applications to manage the configuration files and to manage them as services.
- Constructed the Puppet modules for continuous deployment and worked on Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Installed packages using YUM and Redhat Package Manager (RPM) on various servers.
- Used Atlassian JIRA as issue tracking and ticketing tool.
- Implemented GITHUB branching and merging operations for Java Source Code.
Environment: Subversion, Git-Stash, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, SonarQube, Puppet, JIRA, LINUX, XML, Apache Tomcat, Oracle, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.