- 6+ years of professional experience in Network engineering, performing Network analysis, design, implementing, capacity planning with focus on performance tuning and support of large Networks.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently or as an integral part of a team and committed to highest levels of professionalism.
- Build stable, productive and profitable operations within highly technical environment.
- Well experienced in configuring various routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
- Well Experienced in configuring protocols like HSRP, GLBP, VRRP, ICMP, IGMP, PPP, HDLC, PAP, CHAP, and SNMP.
- Enterprise Switching with VLANs, Trunks, Spanning Tree, Port Spanning etc.
- Experience on HSRP for load balancing.
- Experience with Synchronous Optical Networking (SONET) over optical fiber.
- Good knowledge on Intrusion Detection and Intrusion Prevention System.
- Responsible for turning up BGP peering and customer sessions, as well as debugging BGP routing problems.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring the proper functioning of all Network devices (i.e. Juniper routers/switches, Cisco Routers/Switches, Juniper Net screen firewalls, Cisco ASA firewalls, and load balancers (LTM)).
- Experience in HSRP standby troubleshooting & Experience in configuring & upgrading of Cisco IOS
- Hands on Experience working with security issue like applying ACL's, configuring NAT and VPN
- Troubleshooting and installing of CRS, ISR, GSR, ASR9000 and Nexus devices.
- Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting of Palo Alto, FortiGate, Juniper Net screen & SRX Firewalls and their implementation.
- Strong hands on and exposure to Checkpoint & Palo Alto on a regular basis
- Well experienced in configuring gateway redundancy protocols like HSRP, GLBP, PPP and SNMP.
- Experience in WAN technologies like T1/T3, DS3, and Gigabit circuit types.
- Worked on Load Balancer F5 LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, and 8800
- Strong hands on experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting of Cisco 7600, 7200, 3800, 3600, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Routers, Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3750, 2950 and 3500XL series switches.
- Experienced in various Juniper products: EX - 2200, EX-4200, EX-4500, MX-480, M Series, SRX210, SRX240
- Experienced working with Nexus 7010, 5020, 2148 and 2248 devices.
- Experience with Firewall Administration, Rule Analysis, Rule Modification.
- Responsible for designing and deploying various network security & amp; High Availability products like Cisco ASA and Checkpoint Firewall products.
- Experience in Checkpoint Firewall on SPLAT and VPN technologies, Stateful inspection, and Global rule base, address spoofing.
- Configured Security policies including NAT, PAT, VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access-lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP server.
- Experience in configuring Site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
- Good knowledge in configuration of Voice VLAN’s (VOIP), prioritizing the voice traffic over the data traffic.
Routers: (1700, 1800, 2500, 2600, 3200, 3600, 3700, 3800, and 7200), Cisco ASR (1000 9000 Series)
Switches: Cisco L2 & L3 Switches (2900, 3560, 4500, 5000 & 6500), Cisco Nexus (7K & 5K)Cisco Catalyst switches (6500, 4900, 3750, 3500, 4500, 2900 series)
LAN Technologies: Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, & 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Port-channel, VLANS, VTP, STP, RSTP, 802.1Q
WAN Technologies: Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, PPP, HDLC, MPLS, leased lines & exposure to PPP
Firewalls: Cisco ASA … … Palo Alto … Checkpoint
OS products/Services: DNS, DHCP, Windows
Protocols/Services: Routing Protocols (RIP v1 & v2, IGRP, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP), QoS, HSRP, VRRPTCP/IP, load balancer, Proxy servers, IPSec, MPLS, PPP
Network Management Tools: Wireshark, PRTG, Solar winds, Cisco ISE
Security Server Protocols: TACACS+, RADIUS
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Installation and Configuration of Cisco Catalyst switches 6500, 3750 & 3550 series and configured routing protocol OSPF, EIGRP, BGP with Access Control lists implemented as per Network Design Involved in the redistribution into OSPF on the core
- Involved in the removal of EIGRP from all devices and making OSPF the primary routing protocol.
- Involved in the modification and removal (wherever necessary) of BGP from the MPLS routers.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as metric, origin and local Preference.
- Develop and implement strategies to support the current and future needs of the company.
- Configured Cisco Routers 2600 series using RIP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
- Configured Cisco Switches 2900 and firewall (checkpoint)
- Responsible for SNMP Monitoring and Performance Tuning software.
- Configured BGP for CE to PE route advertisement inside the lab environment
- Spearheaded meetings & discussions with team members regarding Network optimization and regarding BGP issues
- Configured and provided support for Juniper Net screen firewalls.
- Configured and provided support for Cisco ASA Firewall and FWSM modules.
- Designing and Implementation of (LAN) VLANs, VTP, Spanning Tree (STP), Trunking (dot1q and ISL) and Ether channel.
- Key contributions include troubleshooting of complex LAN/WAN infrastructure that include routing protocols EIGRP, OSPF & BGP
- Configuring, Installing and troubleshooting on Check Point Devices.
- Involved in Configuring and implementing of Composite Network models consists of Cisco7600, 7200, 3800 series and ASR 9k, GSR 12K routers and Cisco 2950, 3500, 5000, 6500 Series switches.
- Configured networks using routing protocols such as RIP, OSPF, BGP and manipulated routing updates using route-map, distribute list and administrative distance for on-demand Infrastructure.
- Implemented Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) by tuning parameters like pre-emption.
- Responsible for day to day management of Cisco Devices, Traffic management and monitoring.
- Managing health check of Network devices this is involves upgrading IOS on every quarter after checking the vulnerability of IOS and reviewing the configuration
- Configured policy-based routing for BGP for complex Network systems.
Environment: CISCO routers and switches, Access Control Server, VLAN, Trunk Protocols
- Assist the LAN WAN Operations Manager with the development of goals, objectives, and unit work plans in coordination with the IT strategic planning process.
- Plan, schedule, and implement network changes for enterprise account MPLS connections, including PPP, and Multilink PPP circuit setups and configurations.
- Configure and utilize BGP, EIGRP, HSRP and OSPF protocols.
- Support ofAvaya/Nortel PBX and voicemail systems, LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- Performed daily, monthly and annual maintenance on allAvayaproduct.
- Design and Implement new acquisitions facilities to integrate with theAvayainfrastructure.
- Maintain call center agents with Moves, Adds and Changes for their skills including voicemail onAvayaModular Messaging and inAvayaCMS.
- Troubleshoot complex issues with theAvayaOneX Agent client, VM Ware Client and CMS
- MaintainAvayaModular messaging in three (3) Locations worldwide.
- Design and Implement new acquisitions facilities to integrate with theAvayainfrastructure.
- Create IP addressing schemes for LAN and VLAN setups.
- Configure QoS network traffic shaping.
- Create VLAN setups on Cisco switches.
- Document global network design and create standard procedures for all administration
- Manage global Active Directory for large development organization
- Troubleshoot all network related problems and issues
- Manage global Exchange servers for corporate Email
- Participate in on-call support rotations.
- Create diagrams and other documentation of network environments.
- Troubleshoot and identify layer 2 and layer 3 network issues.
- Test and inspect systems components.
Environment: Cisco 3550/4500/6500 switches, Cisco 2900/3900/6500/7500/7200 routers, F5 Load Balancer, ASA, VOIP, IP Phone, OSPF, BGP, RIP, EIGRP, LAN, WAN, CISCO IOS.
JR. Network Engineer
- Responsible for receipt, resolution, and follow-up of voice and data related issues on the Wireless customer network
- Applied expertise in network elements and call flows to develop the troubleshooting skills required to analyze complex call processing and routing issues
- Achieved exceptional proficiency in the different network elements and components and how they interconnect
- Involved in complete LAN, WAN development (including IP address) planning, designing, installation, configuration, testing, and maintenance)
- Provided Tier 2 support for network issues for the customer
- Used Layer 3 protocols like EIGRP and BGP to configure Routers in the network
- Implemented redundancy /fail over using HSRP
- Performed switching technology administration including VLANs, Inter-VLAN routing Trunking, port aggregation & amp; link negotiation
- Configured VPN, ACL, and NAT in the Cisco ASA 5540 firewall to allow only authorized users to access the servers of the internal network Used Network monitoring tools to ensure network connectivity and Protocol analysis tools to assess and pinpoint networking issues causing service disruption
- Preformed IOS upgrades and reconfigured devices afterwards
- Updated documentation as necessary.