- Over 7+ years of Professional Experience inLINUX/UNIX Administration,, Shell Scripting wif expertise in Red - hatLinux3, 4, 5 & 6, Solaris 8, 9 and 10, SUSE, AIX and HP-UX 11.i, Windows 2003/2008/2012, WebLogic 10.x, WebSphere JAVA, J2EE Applications and SQL.
- Extensive experience in installation, configuration, maintenance, design, Administration, implementation, support & creating physical volume, logical volume, volume groups using LVM’s on Solaris,Linux, AIX and HP-UX Environment, SVM, GFS (global file system) and ZFS in Solaris.
- Experience in installation, configuring, troubleshooting Confidential Storage filers, ONTAP.
- Extensive Knowledge on Aggregates/ Volumes/ Qtrees/ Quotas/ Snapshots.
- Experience in implementing and configuring of high availability and redundancy and RAID using Logical Volume Manager, Sun Volume Manager, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x, 4.x, 5.x,5.5x.
- Proficient in Networking, configuring TCP/DHCP/IP, DNS, NFS, NIS, NIS+, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SSL, SFTP, SMTP, SNMP.
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Weblogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for teh management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux. Worked closely wif DBA Team in order to adjust kernel parameters as per requirements.
- Experience writing Shell and Perl scripts to automate teh deployments.
- Server troubleshooting and Maintenance and creating Alarms for server downtime and health checkup.
- Expertise in Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions.
- Experience in Documentation on client’s requirements and System Specifications.
- Installation and configuration of Solaris Zones and ability to work wif ZFS/SMF/POOLS.
- Experience in teh configuration of teh of teh mail servers like Sendmail 8.13, 8.14.x and Postfix 1.x, 2.x.
- Implementation of backup solutions using VERITAS Net Backup 4.5, and HP Data Protector.
- Experience in Shell scripting using sh, ksh, bash and PERL.
- Software package deployment, disaster recovery/contingency of business management.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration, Integration, Tuning, Backup, Crash recovery, Upgrades, Patching, Monitoring System Performance, System and Network Security and Troubleshooting of Unix Servers
- Migration of Unix servers toLinuxservers.
- Experience in implementing and monitoring High Availability environment using Veritas Cluster Server, Sun Cluster, Redhat Cluster, HP Service Guard and HACMP.
- Configured and used Jumpstart, Kickstart, Ignite and NIM to install OS.
- Build automatic provisioning system wif kickstart and Puppet.
- Refined automation components wif scripting and configuration management (ansible).
- Strong experience in VERITAS and Redhat Clusters in supporting high availability mission critical servers.
- Experienced wif teh installation, configuration and volume/File system management using Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM) and Solstice Disk Suite (Solaris Volume Manager)
- Experience in VMware Installed and monitored Virtual environments wif ESXi 5.5x servers and Virtual Center 5.X.
- Experienced in working wif Storage Area Network (SAN), EMC CLARiiON CX, EMC Symmetrix DMX, EMC MirrorView, HP storage and Hitachi data storage.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily process.
- Expert in Installation, configuration of Patches and Packages.
- Worked on Puppet, HP Opsware, Nagios, Nimbus, Spectrum, Cacti monitoring, configuration management softwares.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of WebLogic and Websphere, Websphere MQ Servers.
- Proficient in Installation, Configuration, Support & Maintenance of various Sun Sparc Enterprise hardware’s and RedHat5.xLinuxServers located at Remote Locations. Deployment of Application Software.
- Strong in troubleshooting, monitoring, training and 24/7 production support in mission critical environments.
- Build, configure and deploy VMs and templates. Completed Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) migration of Windows 2003, & 2008 servers fromVMware.
- Experience in building out new servers andvmwarev2v migrations
- Installing and configuring teh windows servers wif specific requirements on theVMware.
- VMwareactivities like disk expansion, CPU and memory addition.
- Experience wif building and maintaining high-availability (99%)VMwareenvironments
- Citrix Farming technologies and end user connection points
- Windows server 2003, 2008, R2, and MS clustering
- Ability to administer, maintain, and troubleshoot Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) attached toVMwareenvironments
- Taking snapshots of virtual machines and deploying and exporting VMs from OVF.
- Virtual machines migration from one data store to another data store.
- Working as Windows 2008 server admin. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting on teh Windows server 2008 & 2008R2, 2012.
Operating Systems: Solaris 10/9/8, HP-UX (11.00, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31), Red HatLinux(RHEL 3.x/4.x/5.x/6.x), Windows NT/2012/2012 R2/2003/Vista.
Hardware: IBM/HP/DELL Blade Servers, Cisco UCS, SAN (EMC, Hitachi), NAS( Confidential ), EMC Symmetrix 8830, DMX 3, 4 arrays.
Volume and Server Management: Solaris Volume Manager (SVM), Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager, ZFS, VERITAS Cluster Server Management, LDAP, SSH.
Storage and Backup: Confidential, Hitachi Data Systems, VERITAS Net Backup4.x/5.x, Ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar, dd, cpio and HP Data Protector.
Languages and Scripting: C, C++, Perl, Shell.
Data Base Servers: Oracle 8i, 9i, 10g on Solaris and Red HatLinuxand Win NT/2000/2002/2008/2008R2/2012.
Networking Protocols: NetBIOS, NetBUI, TCP/IP, UDP, SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, FTP, TELNET, SFTP, LAN, WAN, ARP/RARP, FTP/TFTP & RIP.
Tools: HP-Open View Service Center, Remedy, BMC patrol, Tivoli, Hyper-V.
Internet & WWW: Apache Web Server 2.x, Sendmail, Postfix.
Naming Services: DNS, DHCP, NFS, Automounter, NIS and NIS+.
Web Technologies: Apache 2.x/3.x, IPLANET 4.x/5.x, WEBLOGIC 8, Websphere 4.0/5.0/6.0.
Cluster: Veritas Cluster Server (VCS), Sun Cluster, HP Service Guard,RDBMS, Oracle, MS SQL Server.
Configuration Management: System Level, OpsCode Chef, puppet, cfengine.
Application Level: Chef, Shell Scripts (Linux, PowerShell).
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Linux/VMware System Admin
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 and Solaris 9/10 systems.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Kickstart for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6 and Jumpstart for Solaris 9/10 Linux.
- AdministeredLinuxservers for several functions including managing WebSphere, Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, MySQL database, SVN.
- Building of new servers which includes rack mounting, installation of OS, configuring of various OS-native and third party tools, securing of OS, installing & configuring, job scheduling.
- Involved in all projects that move to production and work closely wif teh Data Center, Development, Quality Assurance and Management teams to ensure cross communication and confirmed approval of all production changes.
- Created and maintained teh Shell/Perl deployment scripts for TC Server/Tomcat web application servers.
- Troubleshooting Apache issues such as performance testing and tuning (i.e. worker, pre-fork, mpm configuration), failure of Apache to restart, queuing of requests, etc.
- Working noledge wif shell scripting using Bourne Again Shell (BASH), Puppet, and Nagios.
- In-depth noledge of NFS, DHCP, NFS, FTP and network troubleshoot issues and solutions.
- Installed and configured Symantec VERITAS NetBackup master, media and client servers.
- Setup VERITAS NetBackup policies, Sun Server 7000 storage.
- Experience using YUM and RPM for package management.
- Day to day automation using ansible and puppet.
- Red HatLinuxserver administrator, including security patching, kernel tuning, RAID disk array mgmt, software packaging and installation using RPMs.
- Extensive use of Perl & Bash shell for scripting.
- Performance enhancement and tuning for Tomcat, Apache and JBoss servers on RHEL6 OS virtual instances.
- Writing Build and Build deployment scripts.
- Worked on SAN storages of EMC products like CLARIION CX3, CX4, and Symmetric DMX-4 for storage and backup.
- Used Puppet Master to keep in sync configuration on hosts running agents.
- Upgraded and maintained software packages on servers using RHEL Satellite and Repository servers.
- Build new Virtual machine and physical server.
- Installation, configuration and administration of VMware, Solaris Zones, Containers and Ldoms.
- Monitored Hardware console for any hardware issues. Troubleshoot any operating systemissues.
- Created Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for any server outages and server problems.
- Monitored ESX server alarms and VM's alarms and acted on those incidents to resolve.
- Implemented V2V and P2V conversion using VMWare Converter.
- Proper power down and up process during Maintenance of ESX hosts or power outage.
- Monitoring wif Centreon/Nagios, Splunk, MySQL Dashboard, Cacti etc
- Coordinating wif various vendors for hardware related issues.
- Experience in Remote deployment of Microsoft Windows 2003/2008/R2/2012 servers using Altiris deployment solution or manual installation of a server using ILO for remote connection to a server.
- Maintaining servers wif latest security updates, critical patches, anti-virus, and backup.
- Install and maintain SCOM in teh environment and maintain teh monitoring configurations.
- Installed and configured Windows 2008/2012 servers.
- Involved in Planning, building and Administration of various High Availability clusters and heart beat checking on Sun Solaris using VCS in heterogeneous SAN environment.
- Responsible for deployment and support ofVMwarevSphere ESXi 5.1
- Installing and Managing ESX and ESXi servers on Cisco servers.
- Expertise in ESX and ESXi servers - configuration, Installation, management and maintenance wif High Availability, DRS, Vmotion, Storage Vmotion and Fault Tolerance.
- Managing all aspects of VMware including vSwitches, Distributed virtual switches, HA, DRS features, vMotion,
- Storage vMotion, creating and handling VMFS volumes, host profiles, storage profiles, Resource pool creation.
- Installation of vCenter Server, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Creating resource pools and adding teh VM’s into teh pools.
- Manage snapshots, clones, templates during patch releases and new server deployments
- Experience wif installing, configuring and troubleshootingVMwareLab Manager.
- Expertise in Dell physical servers and HP Proliant blade servers in Data centers.
- Hands on experience in updating / upgrading ESX servers, Virtual Center servers and windows virtual machines usingVMwareUpdate manager and manual upgrades
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2000 server, Professional, Windows 2003 and 2008 Servers.
- Performing v2v migrations and building servers.
- Installing and managing SRM.
- Perform daily health checks for servers like checking CPU memory utilization,Check teh connectivity
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies.
- Updated ESX host’s usingVMwareUpdate manager.
- Supported a large scale Data Center projects including server installation, hardware maintenance, and break/fix activities.
- Assisted in P2V conversions of Windows servers usingVMwarevConverter.
- Managing and troubleshooting AD user’s login problems.
- Creating Change Controls, Resolving Incident Tickets and Problem Tickets using Service-Now ticketing tool, and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment under strict SLA and resolve Production Incidents wif minimum impact.
Environment: Cisco UCS B-series blade servers, Red HatLinuxEnterprise 4/5/6, Solaris 9,10, SAN( Confidential ), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, VMware Virtual Client 4.1, Chef, Ansible, VMware Infrastructure 5.0, vSphere 5.5, HP DL’s, Service-Now,, Disk suite, HPUX, ESX, LDAP, DNS, NIS, NIS +, SNMP, Shell scripting, Apache, Puppet, WebSphere, Sun and Veritas Clusters.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, Administration, and support of Solaris/Redhat/SUSE on Dell and HP hardware.
- Configured kickstart server and updating/applying patches to teh servers using Redhat Satellite server.
- Troubleshooting issues related to DNS, NIS, NFS, DHCP, Sendmail onLinux and Solaris Operating Systems.
- Experienced as Red Hat EnterpriseLinuxadministrator and migrated 29 games from physical to virtual (P2V) environment.
- Decreased footprint and decommission services. Created a mirror copy of bare metal into a virtual environment.
- Worked on Recovery from failed restore, post deployment VM Setup.
- Create, extend, reduce and administration of Logical Volume Manager (LVM) in RHEL.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Ant/Maven in Windows/Linux/ubuntu environment.
- Participated migration cutover meeting’s, Build and deployLinuxhardware Nodes to host several KVM templates.
- System Data and Process Architect for Service-Now Deployment.
- Worked on Puppet extensively for deployment for servers, creating on custom scripts and managing changes through Puppet master server on its clients.
- Installation and configuration of Apache Webservers in a LAMP stack.
- Created a FTP web interface to manage and send files to our customer FTP site using PHP.
- Manage user/group and sudo access on theLinuxoperating system.
- Troubleshoot network issue from teh OS stand point using netstat, ping, traceroute, and tcpdump commands.
- Open ports for applications and process that require special ports.
- Backup MySQL database by creating script to run teh MySQL dump and package it in a gzip file.
- Created a web page for internal recognition using WordPress on aLinuxserver wif LDAP connection.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Custom build of Windows 2008/2012 and Windows 2008/2012 servers which includes adding users, SAN, network configuration, installing application related packages, managing services.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication wif application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Working on Volume management, Disk Management, software RAID solutions using VERITAS Volume manager & Solaris Volume Manager. File system Tuning and growing using VERITAS File System (VxFS), coordinated wif SAN Team for storage allocation and Disk Dynamic Multi path.
- Managing VMware vSphere environments including vSwitches, Distributed Virtual Switches.
- Experience on High Availability, Distributed Resource Scheduler & Resource Pools.
- Solid experience on vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware Fault Tolerance, Update Manager and SRM.
- Setting up Access and Autantication control, ESXi advanced configurations, Network/Storage IO Control.
- Worked on VMFS Datastore, Host profiles, Storage profiles, Resource Management and Performance Monitoring.
- Experienced in performing Cloning, Cold Migrations and Hot Migrations and taking Snapshots.
- Performed successfully physical to virtual and virtual to virtual conversions of physical/virtual machines using VMware Converter.
- Strong noledge and hands on experience in Data Center Migration using PlateSpin.
- Implementation VMware, Cisco and EMC based virtualized infrastructure for enterprise scale Cloud deployments
- Cloud Infrastructure administration wif VMware vCenter, Cisco UCS manger, Unisphere and Cisco Nexus CLI.
- Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) platform deployment and management in Vblock environments.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating teh tickets using BMC Remedy.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4/5, KVM, Acronis, Solaris 8,9 Sun Enterprise Servers, SUN FIRE 6800/E6500/E4500, Sun Sparc1000, IBM RS/6000, Disk Suite, Veritas Volume Manager 4.0, LDAP, DNS, NIS, NIS +, SNMP, Shell scripting, SENDMAIL, Apache, Puppet, WebSphere, Sun and Veritas Clusters.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Installation, configuration, administration& support of RHEL 4,5 and Solaris 8,9 using Kickstart, Jumpstart, custom configuration like package management, volume management of servers.
- Applied appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Configured volume groups and logical volumes, extended logical volumes for file system growth needs using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) commands.
- Creating, installing and configuring Zones, LDOMs in Sun Solaris 10.
- Creating Virtual Machines, cloning, creating templates, adding storage, installing Redhat, performing Vmotion, adding ESX hosts on Vsphere 4.0.
- Creating file system, exporting, importing file systems, tuning, growing, shrinking using Veritas File system 5.x.
- Troubleshooting and administering High Availability using VERITAS Cluster Server on various business critical database & application production servers.
- Implemented a Database enabled Intranet web site usingLINUX, Apache, MySQL Database backend, HTML and PHP scripting for Database access via web browsers.
- Patched Solaris 9 and RHEL servers using patch cluster, YUM repositories, and breaking root mirrors
- Used puppet to configure servers manage profiles, push changes, writing manifests.
- Troubleshooting and configuring NAS and NFS mount points.
- Creating and managing volumes using LVM.
- Installing, configuring Veritas Netbackup 6.5 on Solaris, Redhat servers, creating polices, scheduling jobs.
- Installed and verified that all AIX/Linuxpatches or updates are applied to teh servers.
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning teh kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication wif application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iostat etc) and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Coordinated wif teh Storage, Network and Hardware teams on server provisions (HP Proliant DL385/585 G5, G6 servers, and HP BL 465C G5 blade centers
- Job includes installation and configuration ofVMwareESXi 4.x, installation and configuration ofVMwareVirtual Center Server and creating Virtual Machines.
- Assist in building servers and v2v migrations.
- Assist in P2V conversion of Windows 2000, Windows 2003, and Linux based server editions using enterpriseVMwareconverter and also installed theVMwaretools on that machines.
- Provided disaster recovery and backup services using theVMwareconsolidated Backup (VCB
- Job also includes creating templates and deploying Virtual Machines through templates, cloning Virtual Machinesand managing Virtual Center permissions.
- Creating and ManagingVMwarecluster wif HA and DRS.Creating and Managing resource pools for Virtual
- Machines. Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines.
- Using Virtual center server for HA, DRS and VMotion.Working on Migration concepts like VMotion and cold migration.
- Creation & Troubleshooting of Virtual Network.Troubleshooting ESX & Virtual Machines.
- Creation of templates from VMs and Creation of VMs from templates.
- Provided customer support, help/troubleshoot users to resolve server, network, and other system wide problems.
Environment: RHEL 4.x/5.x, Red-HatLinuxEnterprise servers (HP Proliant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), Solaris 8,9, AIX 5.3, 6.1, SAN( Confidential ), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 4.0, Windows 2003 server, Shell programming, Jboss 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
UNIX/LINUX/Windows System Admin
- Installed and Configured Oracle on Solaris 9/10 and Redhat LinuxEnvironment.
- Administration of RHEL 5.x and Solaris 9, 10 which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Jumpstart Solarisservers, custom configure, install packages, patches, harden. Creating LDOMs, installing Solaris, creating volumes& installing packages.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of Solaris 10 on Sparc and X86 servers using jumpstart and interactive methods.
- Involved in SAN migrations at host level using LVM mirroring and SVM Mirroring.
- Working noledge wif shell scripting using Bourne Again Shell (BASH)
- In-depth noledge of NFS, DHCP, NFS, FTP
- Experience using YUM and RPM for package management
- Logical Volume Management maintenance
- RHEL virtualization, Kernel-based Virtual Machine
- Creating, cloningLinuxVirtual Machines, templates using VMWare 4/5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Extensively managed Active Directory like all teh problems related to user accounts, domain accounts, managing permissions etc.
- Involved in operational support of Active Directory, WINS, DNS, and AD enabled applications.
- Installing and updating teh windows patches.
- Creating NTFS shares on Windows Servers and provide permissions to users.
- Setting up perfmon windows servers to analyze performance issues.
- Built and manage Virtual servers on VMwareESXServer3.0/3.5.
- Experience in creating Clusters in Virtual Center and adding ESX Hosts to Virtual Center Cluster.
- Worked on Migrating Virtual Machines wif VMotion.
- Experience in configuringVMwareDRS Rules andVMwareHA on Clusters in Virtual Center.
- Experience in creating and monitoring Resource Pool for Virtual Machines Resource Reservation and Limits.
- Involved in daily Performance monitoring and Active Directory troubleshooting wif teh ability to analyze server performance and make recommendations for improvement.
- Helped in auditing Datacenter Inventory in teh process of Data center migration.
- Installing RedhatLinuxusing kickstartand applying security policies for hardening teh server based on teh company's policies.
- Lockdown teh local accounts to secure teh environment using NIS.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris &Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance and Secure Shell (SSH) implementation.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Troubleshooting tickets, which includes storage, network, system related issues and logging RCA using BMC Remedy.
- Worked and performed data-center operations including rack mounting, cabling.
- Worked on creating disk groups, volumes, deporting, importing disk groups using VERITAS volume manager.
- Expertise in installation, configuration and administration of Windows 2000/2003/2008 servers, Active Directory and exchange server.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving.
Environment: RHEL 4.X,5.x Red-HatLinuxEnterprise servers (HP Proliant DL 585, BL 465/485, ML Series), Solaris 8,9,10, AIX 5.3, 6.1, SAN( Confidential ), BladeLogic, Veritas Cluster Server 5.0, Windows 2003 server, Shell programming, Jboss 4.2, JDK 1.5,1.6, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware Infrastructure 3.5.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes