- About 7+ years of experience on heterogeneous Systems/Network, VMware Administration.
- Expertise in installing configuring, managing & troubleshooting of VMware ESXi5.0/ESX3.5, vCenter Servers.
- Extensive experience with VCenter and VSphere configuration and deployment.
- Experience working on Virtual Infrastructure, VSphere Client and setting up ESXi in the virtual environment.
- Extensive in VMware ESX/GSX/WORKSTATION/VMSERVER Server Farms.
- Extensively worked with Citrix Metaframe/presentation server 3.0/4.0/4.5/XenApp farm implementations for application publishing and desktop publishing for clients.
- Assessment, design and Implementation on the vSphere Upgrade, 70+ ESX host's upgraded from VMware ESX 3.5 to ESX 4.0, SRM 4.5, VDI View 4.5 and ThinApp 4.5
- Experienced with design and deployment of middleware and applications running in VMware Infrastructure.
- Network configuration on ESX servers which include NIC teaming / Bonding for Failover and Load Balancing purpose, VLAN's etc.
- Upgraded the VMware tools, VM's hardware 7 on all the VM's as a part Upgrade process.
- Upgraded Virtual Centers to vSphere and created a linked mode environment for VC's
- Migrating Virtual Machines across various VMware products like ESXi, GSX server, Workstation and VMware server.
- Experience with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, IBM & Dell hardware like Blade Servers, rack - mounted Servers, Tower Servers, Desktop, Laptop and other peripherals
- Experience in Network LAN/WAN deployment, including IP Addressing and Troubleshooting.
- Systems and Network Administration, Windows 2008, 2003, 2000, NT, TCP/IP, Backup and Restore.
- Administering and managing Windows server 2003/2008 Active Directory services, DHCP and DNS servers. Updating servers with latest service packs, security patches and antivirus definitions.
- Hands - on experience in building and administering Windows 2003/2008 R2/2012 Clusters.
- Expertise in DHCP, WINS, DNS and Active Directory.
- Worked with TCP/IP components like DHCP,WINS and DNS servers
- Installation, Configuration & Troubleshooting of hardware including Tower, Rack & Blade Servers.
- Experienced in LAN/WAN configuration and troubleshooting of the SAN devices (Fiber channel VLAN Switch, Network Storage Router, Modular Data Router, Tape Library and Tape Controller).
- Solid experience in configuration and maintenance of LAN/WAN on CISCO Routers and Switches.
- Experience with server monitoring and management tools such as HP SIM, SCOM and Solar winds Orion.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Strong working experience on HP ProLiant and Dell PowerEdge servers.
- Experience with high availability and disaster recovery solutions and tools, including clustering, load balancing
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills using Microsoft Office suite and Visio.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 Server.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix Xen App.
Virtualization Technologies: VMware vSphere 4.0/4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5, VMware ESX 3.5/4.0, VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5, VMware vCenter, vSphere Client, VMware VDI, VMware ThinApp, View 4.6/5.0, Citrix Xen App, Microsoft Hyper-VOperating Systems: Windows Server 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012/2012R2, Wintel Servers, Windows XP/Vista/7, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Apple Mac OS
Application Servers: DNS, DHCP, Windows Active Directory Services, IIS 6.0/7.0
Databases: Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle.
Workstation Apps: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010, Outlook 2003/2007/2010, VMware workstation 7.0/8.0
Infrastructure Hardware: HP Proliant BL460C and BL620C Blade Server series. HP Proliant DL380/385/580/585. HP C7000 Blade Chassis Dell PowerEdge Servers
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. VMware/Windows Admin
- Installed and configured ESX 4.0 / ESXi 5.0/ESXi 5.1,5.5 hosts on Blade Servers.
- Used VMware vCenter, created Datacenter Environment by creating VMware clusters, adding ESX/ESXi hosts in the clusters, and implemented HA and DRS.
- Performed physical to virtual (P2V) migrations for approximately 500 physical servers utilizing VMware Converter.
- Involved in installing/configuring and troubleshooting VMware Lab Manager and administrating multiple labs in Lab Manager and dealing with Lab Manager issues
- Installed and configured applications using ThinApp.
- Performed V2V and P2V Migration.
- Worked with the network team to implement the network accelerator in the VDI environment to address the slowness issues for users working remotely.
- Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines
- Created & Troubleshot Virtual Networks and vSwitches
- Worked on Migration concepts like vMotion
- Used PowerShell, PowerCLI scripts for migrating VMs, creating snapshots
- Configured physical and virtual server using role based configuration
- Configured Net backup Client
- Installed and administered various servers Win98, Win XP, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003, Win 2008 R2.
- Applied patches on Windows servers and workstations with Company standards
- Administered and supported wintel server.
- Configured DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
- Customized Win 2000/2003 servers in terms of Registry, Audit/Account/Security policy, patching to sustain Company Standard Operating Environment.
- Worked with business clients to evaluate, streamline, and improve current systems, processes, and workflow.
- Ensured adherence to procedures and processes for hardware, software, and applications.
- Performed operational turnover on all system implementations.
- Interacted and coordinated with different teams to meet the deadlines.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012, Windows XP/Vista/Win 7, Exchange Server 2003, Linux Servers, VMware ESX4.0, VMware ESXi 4.1/5.0/5.1/5.5, VMware View, VMware Lab Manager, VMware converter
Confidential, NYC, NY
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Administration of VMware vSphere4.x, 5.x/vCenter Servers and Deploying HA & DRS Cluster, Managing cluster resources
- Experienced in applying monthly updates to windows servers 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions
- Maintained and troubleshooting experience in Windows servers windows 2003, 2008R2 and 2012 versions
- Upgraded windows server OS versions.
- Creating disk spaces for windows servers.
- Resolving tickets in ServiceNow and TechExcel. And coordinating with offshore team
- Cloning, Building and deploying new VM's and installing different guest OS like Windows server 2003/2008/2012 and Linux. Creating virtual NIC's for the respective VM's and assigning the network connections to a particular port group in the Vswitch's
- Maintaining disk spaces, RAM and connections to SAN of virtual servers
- Resolving AVAMAR backup issues.
- Maintaining Backups of the VM's, taking snapshots.
- Managing VM's by vSphere Client and Web Client.
- Upgraded VMware tools for the VM's
- Administration of user and group accounts and providing appropriate rights to user accounts according to their requirements
- Troubleshooted network issues between Distributed vSwitch, Layer 2 switches and resolved slow performance between SAN network and VM networks.
- Upgraded the VMware tools, VM Hardware 9 on all the VM's as a part Upgrade process and also Upgraded VirtualCenter to VSphere and created a linked mode environment for VC's.
- Migrating virtual machine configuration files and virtual disks from one Datastore to another Datastore Customizing VM's (Memory, hard disk, Nic). Analyzing log files, Resources utilizing monitoring.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003/2008 R2/2012, Windows XP/Vista/Win 7, Linux, Exchange Server 2003, Servers, VMware ESX4.0, VMware ESXi4.1, VMware View, VMware Lab Manager, VMware converter
Confidential, Lebanon, NH
Windows / VMware Engineer
- Built and manage Windows server 2008, & 2012 operating systems virtual machines.
- Built several VMware ESXi host HA/DRS enabled clusters.
- Utilize SCOM system management tool to monitor infrastructure health.
- Proactively troubleshoot degrading health warnings daily.
- Kept proper documentation of servers for client billing and to reduce troubleshooting efforts
- Maintained and troubleshoot virtual machine backups and replication.
- Used Remedy for Incident/problem management & Change Management.
- Proactive in maintaining adequate resources for successful cluster fail over.
- Troubleshoot failed ESXi host connections, and virtual machine connections.
- Managed the distribution of SAN to virtual machines, as well as the creation of new Data Stores.
- Created Gold images to be used in the deployment of virtual machines.
- Utilized VMware vCenter Operations Manager to monitor the health of the vCenter environment.
- Automate and trouble virtual machines using powerCLI.
- Configured and maintained Datastore clusters.
- Responded to remedy incidents of failed services/connections on Windows server 2003, 2008r2, 2012r2.
- Upgraded 100’s of Windows 2003 servers to 2008r2 and 2012r2.
- Worked with multiple departments for troubleshooting of Apps.
- Migrated 1000+ physical servers to virtual.
- Worked remotely under minimal supervision. Interfaced with client to provide update on projects.
- Monitor all windows backup and perform fine-tuning every 15 days.
Environment: VMware ESX 5.1/5.0/4.0, VSphere 4.0,5.0 Vcenter4.0 .Windows Server, Exchange Server 2003, 2008 R2/2003, Windows 7/XP, Active Directory, HP Proliant DL and Blade Servers.
- Consolidation of the Datacenters using Vcenter4.0 and installation, configuration and managing the ESXi 4.0 Update to Servers and Vcenter.
- Creating and managing the VMware clusters in the Vcenter4.0.
- Enabling the HA and DRS features in a VMware Clusters.
- Creating the Virtual Machines and installing the Guest OS like Win 2008, Linux (CentOS), and UNIX (Solaris).
- Monitoring the VM'S & ESXi 4.0 Update 2 Servers using the Vcenter.
- Creating the Virtual Clusters, Resource pools, Templates & Clones in the ESXi4.0.
- Creating the Virtual Switches & Port groups in the Virtual Environment.
- Added SAN storage on a regular basis to clusters based on capacity requirements
- Security hardening and Monitoring of VM's & ESXi servers (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network Utilization) for the Security Compliance.
- Patch Management done in the ESXi4.0 Servers through the UPDATE MANAGER.
- Upgrading the ESXi 3.5 to ESXi4.0 using HOST UPDATE UTILITY.
- Converting the P2V and V2V using the Virtual converter.
- Upgrading the Firmware to the HP Proliant DL490cG6 Servers.
- Configuring the View composer, View agent and View client.
- Configuring the View connection server and managing the View Administrator 4.0.
- Migrating Physical Server to Virtual Server and Virtual to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V, V2V Convention).
- Configuring and Managing the VIEW 4.0 (VDI) & ThinApp 4.0 clients and supporting the Virtual infrastructure services.
- Installing the View 4.0 and ThinApp 4.0 related Software.
- Monitoring the Server Health Status of the CPU processors, Memory, Fans, Temperature and Voltage.
- Importing and Exporting the VMWARE Appliance software's. (Ex. VDM, VMware Converter).
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes