- Over 8 years of practical experience in the IT field as a network engineer, with proficient hands - on experience in the areas of Wi-Fi portfolio, Routing, Switching and Troubleshooting Strong knowledge in configuring and troubleshooting routing protocols like RIP, OSPF, VOIP,IS-IS, SNMP, EIGRP and BGP
- Installing and Configuring Cisco switches 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000,Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series.
- Hands-on expertise with routers 2600, 2900, 3600, 3900, 7200, 7600, ASR-901, ASR-903,, ASR 5500, ASR-9010 and Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 series
- Working Knowledge on Devices like Juniper SRX240, Alcatel5620 SAM, 9500 MPR and Omni switch 6400.
- Implementation, working analysis, troubleshooting and documentation of LAN,WAN & WLAN architecture with excellent work experience on IP series
- Working knowledge with Load Balancers F5 LTM like 3900, 6900 for various application
- Working knowledge of Firewall, LDAP, AAA, TACACS/RADIUS, and IPSEC.
- Proficient with TCP/IP and relative OSI models.
- Security policy configuration including NAT, PAT, VPN, SSL-VPN, Route-maps and Access Control Lists.
- Strong practical experience in IP addressing, Sub-netting, VLSM and ARP, proxy ARP, and ping concepts
- Expertise in troubleshooting and configuring DNS, DHCP,TFTP,TELNET,SSH, FTP and NFS
- Excellent hands-on experience in designing and implementing IP addressing that includes both IPV4 and IPV6
- Implementation of Access lists, route maps, and distribute lists.
- Strong fundamental knowledge in implementing Layer-2 level technologies including VLAN's, VTP, STP, RSTP and Trunking.
- Technical support for improvement, up-gradation & expansion of the network architecture.
- Working experience on tools and devices like Source Fire, Fire eye, Aruba, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of Protocols like IEEE 802.1, IEEE 802.3& IEEE 802.11, 802.1x, EAP, PEAP & EAP-TLS.
- Hands-on experience of Python scripting, automation using Python, string parsing, libraries, API's, regexp and more.
- Expertise on various Operating Systems and software's like Win8, Win7, Win 2008, Win Vista, Ubuntu, Kali Linux, Red Hat Linux, Asterisk and MS Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop,.
- Working Experience in SONET, DWDM & ATM Networks.
- Working Experience in VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, VMware vCenter Server, Microsoft SharePoint, System Center 2012 R2, C++.
- VoIP Installation and troubleshooting, configuring Digium Phones and setting up VoIP over VLAN.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of ITIL standards
- Hands on experience on several Ticketing Tools like JIRA, Change Management, Service Catalog, ePCR, SR, Remedy, IP center, etc.,
- Working Experience on web content filter and gateways like Blue Coat, Websense.
- Working Experience on Network Scanning, Management, Alerting & Logging tools like Solar Winds, Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Wire shark.
- Comprehensive understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP).
- Planning, Designing, Implementation of small, medium organizations including LAN, VLAN, WLAN and WAN on wired and wireless networks
- Having vast experience in designing and configuring of Switches for VLANS and inter-switch communications
Routing: RIPV1, RIPV2, IGRP, EGIRP, OSPF, BGP, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing
Switching: VLANs, VTP, STP, PVST+, RPVST+, Inter VLAN routing & Multi-Layer Switch, Ether channels, Transparent Bridging, CEF, DECF, Port Security, VSS Cisco 2960, 3560, 4500, 6500, 4900, 2900, 3750, Nexus 5000,Nexus 7000, WS-C4948, Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR
Router: Cisco 7600, 7606, 7609, 7613, 7200, 4400, 3900, 3800, 2900, 1900, ASR-901, ASR-903,, ASR 5500, ASR-9010, 7206 VX, MWR 2941, Alcatel 7705 SAR,Juniper ACX, E, M, MX960 and SRX 240 series
Switches: Cisco Catalyst 6500, 4500, 3560, 3750, 2960, Nexus 7000, Nexus 6000, Nexus 5000,Juniper EX, QFX and Alcatel 7705 SAR series
Network Security: Cisco ASA5550/ 5540,NetScreen, Juniper SRX, Palo Alto, Checkpoints, AAA, Firemon, FREE RADIUS, CADA, LDAP, IPsec VPN, SSL VPN, IDS, IPS, Source Fire, Fire Eye, Cisco NAC (4.9.3), Cisco ISE, Aruba, RSA, RSA 2 Factor, SIEM, Qradar, Tripwire
Network Management: Wire shark, SNMP, Ethereal, Solar Winds, Net cool, Science Logic, Log Logic, EM7, Indeni, nCircle, PRTG, Blue Coat, Websense, Cisco NAC, ISE, Active Directory
Operating Systems: Windows (98, ME, 2000, XP, Sv2003, Sv2008, Sv2012, Vista, 7, 8), Ubuntu, Linux, Kali Linux, CentOS, FreeBSD, Red Hat
Software’s: VMware ESX 5.x, VMware Workstation, vCenter Server, System Center 2012 R2, MS SharePoint, C++
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
- Troubleshoot and coordinate the resolution of connectivity related issues
- Reviewing current network diagram
- Serve as the customer’s go-to resource for all matters related to the Palo Alto next-generation firewall.
- Used F-5Load balancers to increase capacity (concurrent users) and reliability of applications.
- Deliver best practices guidance for managing Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco Routers like 2600, 2800 and 3600 series.
- Ensure network design follow the design template.
- Provide Tier 3 network support and troubleshooting with limited supervision.
- Develop and maintain the baseline Cisco IOS. Provide upgrade instruction to the Network O&M team on new Cisco IOS VoIP can be a benefit for reducing communication and infrastructure costs.
- Installing and configuration and troubleshooting of various Cisco switches like 2900 series, 2950 series, 3550 series, Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 series and juniper EX series.
- Working with carrier Ethernet technologies like L2vpn, VPLS, VPWS
- Operating, administrating, managing & testing of carrier Ethernets
- Configuring, troubleshooting and managing Networks of over 1000 devices by monitoring health of routers, switches and load balancers and working with team to fix any configuration or hardware issue.
- Configuration and troubleshooting of various routing protocols like RIP, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Configuration of layer 2 Cisco switches for VLAN and Trucking
- Configuring Load Balancer viz. F5 LTM
- Configuring and monitored different monitor modules F5 BIG-IP LTM F5 and DNS traffic Management
- Planning and implementation of IP addressing scheme using sub-netting and VLSM.
- Designing Networks for voice and data networks over LAN and WAN.
- Designing, Implementing and Managing WLAN Distribution Network.
- Configuring of Catalyst 1900 and 2950 switches, VLAN'S and inter VLAN communication.
- Working on cable modems and CMTS (cable modem Termination Systems).
- Configuring Cisco BAC (Broadband access center) along with DOCSIS cable modems
- Working on Wi-Fi Portfolio by Configuring and Troubleshooting Wireless Access Points (WAP) and Wireless Controllers (WLC) for limited connections issue In Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Involved in originating VoIP telephone calls are similar to traditional digital telephony and involve signaling, channel setup.
- Configuring user's roles and policies for authentication using Cisco NAC and monitoring the status of logged users in network using Cisco ISE.
- Configuring and Troubleshooting WLC to manage ESS for the widespread Comcast WLA
- Protocols can be used by special-purpose software, such as Jitsi, or integrated into a web page (web-based VoIP).
- Implementation on Policy Base Routing (PBR)
- Managing and configuring of Access lists, configuring of Wide Area Networking Protocols, HDLC, PPP, Frame Relay, ISDN, NAT, HSRP and VPN
- Working on RSA, AAA, & RADIUS.
- Working Troubleshooting with the TCP dumps and wire shark.
- Working on System Center 2012 R2, MS SharePoint and installation and configuration of VMware infrastructure.
- Configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting of Net Screen, Palo Alto, and Firemon Firewalls.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance & troubleshooting of Cisco ASA 5500 and Cisco PIX Firewall 500. Installation, configuring of checkpoints firewall and updating checkpoints software.
- Configuring and designing VPN rules for Net Screen VPN Box and Check points Firewall.
- Designing and Implementing firewall rules and modifying existing rules in Palo Alto, Cisco ASDM, Juniperz SRX and checkpoint firewalls.
- Using Ticketing tools like JIRA, Remedy, IPCenter, etc., for logging the troubleshooting issues and their resolutions.
Confidential, Elmhurst, IL
- Working in high availability Nexus Environment and provide Level 3 Network Support.
- Working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5500 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacenter access architecture.
- Ensuring problems are satisfactorily resolved in a timely manner with focus in providing high level of support for all customers.
- Monitored and documented the stability and performance of Nike's WAN/MAN usingNetworkTools such as Solar Winds,CiscoPrime, App Critical, Wireshark
- Involved in Implementation and Configuration ( Profiles, I Rules) of F5 Big-IP C-4400 load balancers
- Working with CISCO Nexus 7000, Nexus 5000, and Nexus 2000 platforms.
- Experience with configuring Cisco 6500 VSS in Distribution layer of the Data center network
- Configuration and Administration of Cisco and Switches.
- Modified internal infrastructure by adding switches to support server farms and added servers to existing DMZ environments to support new and existing application platforms.
- Network Redesign for Small Office/Campus Locations.
- Implemented Site-to-Site VPNs over the internet utilizing 3DES, AES/AES-256 with ASA and JUNIPER SRX Firewalls
- Network security including NAT/PAT, ACL, and ASA Firewalls.
- Good knowledge with the technologies VPN, WLAN and Multicast.
- Experience with communicating with different customers, IT teams in gathering the details for the project
- Switching tasks include VTP, ISL/ 802.1q, IPSec and GRE Tunneling, VLANs, Ether Channel, Trunking, Port Security, STP and RSTP.
- Experience in installing and configuring DNS, DHCP servers.
- Replace branch hardware with new 3900 routers and 2960 switches.
- Conversions to BGP WAN routing. Which will be to convert WAN routing from OSPF to BGP (OSPF is used for local routing only) which involves new wan links.
- Responsible for layer 2 securities which was implemented using a dedicated VLAN ID for all trunk ports, setting the user ports to non-trunking, deployed port security when possible for user ports
- Enabled STP attack mitigation (BPDU Guard, Root Guard), using MD5 authentication for VTP, disabling all unused ports and putting them in unused VLAN and ensuring DHCP attack prevention where needed
Confidential, Montgomery, AL
- Responsible for Installation, configuration and maintenance of Cisco 7200, 3900, 2800, 2600, 2500 and 1800 series Router / Cisco Catalyst Cisco 6500 (sup 720), 4500 (SUP 6), 3750, 2950 series Switches.
- Designed and implemented Cisco Nexus data center platform and worked closely with Cisco advance services and built Communication access zone for contact center services, management access zone for network management and monitoring tools, private wan access zone for remote site and elastic computing access zone.
- Exposure to Nexus, Hardware Architecture of the Sups, chassis, I/O Modules, Fabrics, Licensing, VDC, VPC, ISSU, Using NXOS CLI
- Worked with Cisco advance services to implement data center Nexus environment for new Upgraded the NX-OS in nexus 7018,7010 and nexus 5548 and 5596.Consolidated multi-tiered environment into a pair of Nexus 7000 switches using VPC and VRF
- Maintained good understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configuration included VLANs & VTP, STP port features, Gateway redundancy using HSRP, enterprise security using Cisco Port Security and Dot1X framework.
- Configuration and maintenance of OSPF protocol which was the enterprise IGP. Configuration included deploying of new branch locations or new network devices in the existing infrastructure. Creating Stub Areas & configuring Summarization for effective Routing.
- Worked on BGP configuration for providing redundant internet connectivity using BGP attributes, Route maps, prefix-lists etc.
- Configured and Maintained BGP features such as load balancing, Route Reflectors, BGP metrics such as maintaining the Enterprise IP Addressing scheme with allocation of new IP Pools for user subnets, and updating the port on the switches MED, AS Path, Local Preference, Communities.
- Performed administration on Palo Alto NGFW, creating policies, rules, users, VPN connections etc.
- Managed VPN migration from Nortel i100 to Palo Alto NGFW VPN devices.
- Traffic monitoring and managing using Palo Alto Panorama.
- Updated Palo Alto NGFW PAN-OS, Threat databases, AV databases and filters as required.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Involved in configuration and management of different Layer 2 switching tasks which includes address learning, efficient switching etc.
- Involved in HSRP standby troubleshooting and load balancing protocol GLBP, Port channel management of the network
- Dealt with the escalation problems from Level1, Level 2 & Level 3 for routing, switching and WAN connectivity issues using ticketing system Remedy.
- Experience in troubleshooting VLAN, STP (Spanning tree protocol), & Switch Trunk and IP subnet issues
- Dealt with NAT configuration and its troubleshooting issues related access lists and DNS/DHCP issues within the LAN network.
- Experience in routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, and standby protocols like HSRP and VRRP application in the routers.
- Establishing VPN Tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and also configuring and implementing site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
- Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pairs of Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
- Configuring GLBP, VLAN, VTP's, Trunking 802.1Q, STP, Port security on Catalyst 6500 switches.
- Responsible for service request tickets generated by the helpdesk in all phases such as troubleshooting, maintenance, upgrades, patches and fixes with all around technical support.
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco’s ASA 5500/PIX security appliance, Failover DMZ zoning and configuring VLANs/routing/NATing with the firewalls as per the design.
- Used and maintained routing protocols like EIGRP on the Routers in the network.
- Managed the LAN Switching Environment including creating and maintaining VLANs, STP, Trunking, Port Security, Vlan Security etc.
- Designed network connectivity and network security, between various offices and data center. Installed and configured routers including 1800, 2600 along with Cisco switches including 3750 and 6500.
- Involved with the Systems team to Install, configure, & maintain AD, DNS, DHCP on Windows 2000 Server, also configured a FTP server; Installed configured & maintained MS Exchange Server.
- Set up and troubleshoot secured wireless access points for broadband Internet.
- Involved in configuration of WAN connection using a 3600 series Router and Frame relay method.
- Implementation of NAT with a pool of 2 public IP addresses.
- Involved in installing and configuring ASA firewall.
- Responsible for Internal and external accounts and, managing LAN/WAN and checking for Security Settings of the networking devices (Cisco Router, switches) co-coordinating with the system/Network administrator during any major changes and implementation.
- Designed and implemented an IP addressing scheme with subnets for different departments.
- Involved in the design & configured a LAN using 2691 series Routers and 2950 series Switches
- Support a video conferencing network of distributed video units across U.S. and optimize the network infrastructure over which they run
- Install and maintain voice, video and data communications infrastructure systems and cabling.
- Used various Network sniffers like Ethereal, TCP dump etc.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills and configuration skills.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes