Windows/vmware Administrator Resume
- Over 7 Years of professional software industry experience as a Windows Systems Administration and Virtualization Engineer using VMware vSphere.
- Strong noledge on Server, Desktop and Application virtualization and worked on ESX and ESXi 5.5,/5.1/5.0/4.1 /4.0.
- Currently evaluating VMware vSphere 5.1 Suite, Assigning a vShield for VMware vCloud license key in vCenter Server.
- Extensive Hands on Experience on vCenter server 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1/4.0 and vSphere versions 5.5/5.1/5.0 for managing multiple ESX servers.
- Installing and troubleshooting experience with ESX servers and ESXi servers and worked extensively on Templates, clones and used Veeam Backup and Replication for restoring VM's.
- Strong noledge on resource management framework using Resource pools.
- Experience with Microsoft Network Load Balancing and Microsoft Clustering technologies.
- Experience in EMC SAN LUN creation, LUN masking, Raw Disk Mapping and Storage pools.
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters and Worked on VMware FT for critical VM’s.
- Hands on experience on P2P, P2V, V2V Migration of Machines from one datacenter to another datacenter using migration tools like Plate spin, Double take and VMware Converter.
- Extensively worked on vMotion, Storage vMotion, VMware Mirage, SCCM and Patch management and upgrades using VMware update manager.
- Experience in configuring VMware standard vSwitch&dvSwitch.
- Excellent skills in patching and hardening Win2000/Win2003/2008 servers using Windows Update and also by using the staged patches.
- Expert noledge on configuring hardware iSCSi SAN, FC SAN, NFS and NAS storage to VMware ESX (me) hosts from vSphere client.
- Configured the Windows Clustering and SQL Clustering in the VMware environment.
- Worked on windows server 2012, 2008 and on Microsoft active directory.
- Strong experience with DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, NFS, FTP, SFTP and worked on Redhatlinux, Ubuntu, Suselinux and client OS.
- Worked on CISCO UCS Hardware, Including setups, Configuration.
- Knowledge on Implementation and configuration of HP, Dell, and IBM server class hardware.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, Configuration of networks, Router Configuration and wireless security, TCP/IP, VPN, Content Filtering, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel and wireless networks.
- Provided 24/7 On Call production support onsite and remotely on rotation basis.
TECHINAL SKILL SET:
Virtualization: VMware vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1/4.0, VCenter Server 5.5/5.1/5.0 /4.1/4.0, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0/4.1/4.0, ESX 4.0, VMware Update Manager, VMware Horizon View 6.0.1/6.0(VDI),VMware Mirage 5.1/5.0/4.4/4.3, VMware vCenter Converter 5.5. HA, DRS, FT, Vmotion, Storage Vmotion, VCOPS, SRM, VMware Mirage and SCCM.
Windows Administration: Configuration of DHCP and DNS, Windows server 2012/2008/2003 Installation and configuration of Active Directory and Internet Information Services (IIS 8.5/8.0/7.5/7.0), creating users and groups, setting user access controls.
Networking: Cisco 25xx, 35xx Routers and 35xx Switches.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, VPN, DNS, NTP, WINS, FTP, SSH, WinSCP and Telnet.
Storage: VMAX, VNX, NAS (NFS), SAN and ISCSI.
Operating Systems: Windows Server OS - 2012/2008/2003, Windows 8/7/XP Linux (Ubuntu), UNIX.
Backups: EMC Networker, Windows NT Backup VERITAS Netback up .
Antivirus: Symantec Endpoint, Norton Antivirus, McAfee.
Database: MS-SQL Server 2012/2008 R2/2008/2005, Oracle.
Hardware: HP ProLiant DL980 G7 Intel Xeon, HP Proliant DL785 G6, HP BL 680c G5, 685c G7 blade servers, Dell Poweredge R820,R610,R710 C7000 HP Chassis, HP Tape Library MSL 2024, 4048,ESL G3, MSA 1000 SAN, Sun Storage tech Tape Library.
Terminal Services: Remote Desktop Services, VNC, Putty and Terminal Services.
Third Party Applications: Veeam Monitor, Veeam Reporter, Veeam Backup and Replication, Platespin, Symantec BESR (Back Up Executive System Recovery)
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installed and Administered VM's across 4 Datacenters Running 1200 VM’s. Maintaining Performance lab machines in the datacenter and Project Management experience.
- Installed ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0 in large environment on Cisco UCS on both protected and recovery sites.
- Installation of Vcenter server and Configuring ESXi host’s within the cluster using Vmotion and HA.
- Installed and configured SRM 5.0 and SRA for EMC VNX 5300 on both sides and Implementation Of different Host profiles for Multiple Clusters across Multiple Data centers.
- Experience of Storage Migration on 1200 VM’s (Fiber channel Upgrade from EMC DMX to VMAX).
- HP C7000 Chassis Enclosure Rack/Cable hardware, Initial setup and configuration of Chassis components, firmware.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- 300+ P2V, P2P, V2V migration of windows and Linux servers and created SQL clusters on Windows 2008/2012 administration.
- Created and documented process for deploying Virtual machines on VMware and used Remedy Tool for ticketing (Change Management, Incident Management, and Request Management) and looking after high priority incident tickets both on virtual machine and ESX host level.
- Experience in Remote deployment of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 servers using Altiris deployment solution or manual installation of a server using RSA/RILO for remote connection to a server.
- Experience working on EMC SAN storage technologies in DR site and with Cisco UCS and HP C7000 Blades for ESXi hosts.
- Implementation of VMware vSphere 5.5 with Enterprise Plus Features of vDistributed Switch and Host Profiles.
- Upgraded VMware Infrastructure 5.0 to vSphere 5.5 along with Updating the vCenter, ESXi Hosts, vSphere client from 5.0 to 5.5 and Virtual machines tools upgrade to 8, 9 and 10.
- Worked on SRM 5.0 deployment and configuration of DR site.
- Experience on Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, DRS, vMotion, SV-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, Templates.
- Increase efficiency and ROI of VMware hosts by cutting down on VMs memory usage closely matching recommended memory usage by vCenter Operations Manager.
- Worked closely with Network Ops team to configure Cisco Nexus 1000v VDS and VMware VDS and on network isolation of critical VMs using PVLANs.
- Built and supported Microsoft clusters on VM's using RDM's and iSCSi storage.
- Used Veeam Backup and Replication for recovery of VM's and data files.
- Applied patches using VMware vCenter Update Manager and host update utility.
- Worked on VMware Mirage 5.1/5.0/4.4/4.3 and SCCM 2012/2007 for endpoint provisioning to recover and preserve data files and reconfiguration of software.
- Automated routine tasks using scripting languages such as PowerShell, PowerCLi.
- Installed and configured IIS and hosted multiple websites on win 2k8 servers and Managed Windows 2008Active Directory Domain Administration.
- Worked on Windows Server 2008 clustering and worked on failover configuration on windows on Unscheduled and Scheduled Outages.
- Troubleshooted Memory and disk related issues on windows servers and IIS related issues and Cluster related issues.
- Created Protection Groups and Recovery Plans using Site Recovery Manager 5.0 and VMware best practices.
- Testing of different recovery plans in SRM to ensure recovery of failover VM’s and Expertise in providing support for Windows 2003/2008 servers and Active Directory's.
- Document upgrade paths to vSphere 5.1 and 5.5 including host patches, OS level upgrades, virtual switch changes and VM version upgrades.
- Provided 24/7 On Call support onsite and remotely on rotation basis.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.5/5.1/5.0, ESXi 5.5/5.1/5.0, Windows 2012/2008R2, SQL Server 2012/2008 R2, vCenter 5.5/5.1, IIS, HP Operations Manager, DRS, P2V, V2V, vCenter update manager, EMC VPLEX SRM, DMZ Environment, Veeam Backup.
Windows / VMware Administrator
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS in acquiring higher efficiency for VMware Infrastructure.
- Managed Active Directory services using predefined company scripts (Creation of Accounts) and Provided server and client support for all issues such as logon failures, account lockout, network connectivity and autantication issues.
- Installed VMware vSphere 5.1/5.0/4.1 and created virtual machines on ESXi 5.0/4.1 Servers. Created standard images and deployed servers from the images.
- Teaming NIC’s using HP Teaming software for redundancy during failures.
- Installed and configured vSphere ESX (me) 5.1 on HP blade servers HPC7000.
- Migrated VMware vSphere hosts from ESX 3.5 to 4.0 and ESX (me) 5.1 to ESX (me) 5.5.
- Configured VMware standard vSwitch&dvSwitch.
- Configured VMware virtual machine port groups, console ports groups, VMkernal port groups and VLANs.
- Experience in installing and configuring VMware Virtual Center servers and VMware vCenter Appliance.
- Managed VMware ESX (me) hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Created Virtual Machines, Cloning virtual machines, converting P2V(used standard VMware converter tool), VM-Provisioning (Linked clones, thin disks, de-duplication ) taking Snapshots of virtual servers, HA, DRS, Vmotioning.
- Experience on creating host profiles and deploy to hosts in a VMware clusters.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESXi 5.0/4.1 servers for server consolidation and Worked on vCenter Server to manage all the ESX hosts in the datacenter.
- Performed disk consolidations to multiple VM’s dat failed snapshots which released virtual disk space from data stores.
- Defining group permissions and creating local and global groups with account policies using Enterprise Administrator.
- Secured, built, and maintained multiple FTP/SFTP sites using WSFTP server, Globalscape Server, and IIS server.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates, worked with clones and snapshots of Virtual Machines.
- Administering, troubleshooting and automating vSphere ESXi using Power CLI.
- Involved with designing and implementing VMware backup products and disaster recovery solutions.
- Installed & configured VMware virtual center for production & DR site and monitored and setup vCOps for Virtual environments.
- Perform server consolidation using VMware Converter to convert physical machines to virtual machines in a production environment.
- Set up and Configured DV switch for ESXi hosts and worked on VMware Update Manager for updating or patching for all the ESXi hosts and Virtual machines.
- Virtualized Windows server using VMware Converter and Performed P2V's and V2V's using VMware convertor.
- Integrated HP SAN volumes to the Virtual Infrastructure to store the Virtual Machine files.
- Configuring VMware on clustered environment, implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using vMotion, Storage vMotion.
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines using VMware Converter and restored VM's using Veeam Backup.
- Virtual Machine Cloning, Templates and Snapshots and upgraded windows 2003 servers to 2008 servers, Installed Boot from san windows servers.
- Configured MPIO for windows servers for redundancy and Boot for iSCSi for windows and ESXi hosts.
- Experience with SQL backup and restore and SQL administration and troubleshooted IIS related issues and Cluster related issues.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.1/5.0/4.1, ESXi 5.1/5.0/4.1, Windows 2008/2003, SQL Server 2008 R2, vCenter 5.1/5.0/4.1, IIS, Microsoft clustering DRS, P2V, V2V,Veeam Backup, vCenter update manager, SRM,EMC VMAX.
Confidential, New Orleans, LA
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Installing VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0/4.1 and ESXi server 5.0/4.1.
- Identification, planning and migration of P2V candidates and new builds from each site without any downtime.
- Performed tons of V2V Migration., Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines
- Created VM's on ESX servers and deployed VMs Through OVF Templates, Created & Troubleshot Virtual Networks and vSwitches
- Worked on Migration concepts like vMotion and cold migration and Remediate.
- Configured Netbackup Client thorough planning was done for downtime, noing each server usage & their placement in Datacenter.
- Creating Data centers in the vSphere Web client and adding the Hosts to the Data center
- Hands on experience with VCOPS, configuring dashboards for clients.
- Installing and configuring Windows 2003 servers of DHCP, FTP, Web Server and SQL Database Server.
- Installation and administration of Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers. Administrating and responsible for Microsoft File and Print servers cluster on windows 2003. Managing printers’ queues, spoolers, files and folders permission, maintenance/failover of cluster when required
- Managing Exchange 2003 servers and troubleshooting issues related to User and group accounts, mail delivery, configuring MX records to enable and disable domain.
- Responsible for Security Patch Management and Deployment to all clients using Microsoft WSUS 4.0/3.0.
- Administering DHCP Server creation of reservation and configuration of server options.
- Configured Terminal Server to access to the servers using Remote Desktop Protocol.
- Maintaining Local Area Network (LAN), using Cisco Switches.
- Responsible for Active directory, GPO, Domain users, Administrating users and groups and given appropriate permissions and privilege to access our LAN and Domain environment.
- Troubleshooting UCS hardware if the Hosts are disconnected in the Vcenter
- Design, Installation and configuring of new vSphere 5 ESXi servers for the P2V candidates on UCS Cisco C240 M3 Rack Server
- Installed Management Server (vCenter Server) instances to enable centralized management of multiple ESXi hosts.
- Linked different vCenter servers using linked mode to has a single instance of vSphere client to manage the whole Virtual environment
- Configuring High Availability (HA), Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and vNetwork Distributed Switch (VDS).
- Creating a backup job and also took backup of data center on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Created standard Templates and deployed servers from the Templates.
- Built number of VMs through templates/clones, created templates/clones for future use and physical servers/hosts 4.0/4.1 from ISO Images.
- Designed and successfully implemented VMware ESX servers for server consolidation.
- Virtualized Windows servers using VMware Converter P2V and V2V.
Environment: VMware vSphere 5.0/4.1, ESXi 5.0/4.1, Windows 2008/2003, SQL Server 2008 R2, vCenter 5.0/4.1, IIS, DRS, P2V, V2V, vCenter update manager.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes