- 8 years of experience in routing, switching, firewall technologies, system design, implementation and troubleshooting of complex networksystems.
- Understanding of Routing Protocols - EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, VRFs, 8 years Network Engineering Experience.
- Planning, design, implementation and maintenance of Fast Ethernet based Local Area Networks (LAN’s), WirelessNetworks (WLAN’s) and Wide Area Networks (WAN’s).
- Expert level knowledge in troubleshooting Network Connectivity issues in Local Area Networks (LAN), TCP/IP, and VPN Dial-up connections. Expert level knowledge about TCP/IP and Confidential models.
- Experience with Various carrier SIP services (IP Toll Free, Session Border Controllers and Session Management)
- Experience with interoperability between SIP vendor solutions
- Experience with vendor SIP Solutions (e.g., Cisco, Avaya, Genesys)
- Experience wit performance and monitoring tools (e.g., Empirix, WireShark and or Endace)
- Experinced in Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network switches and routers and Cisco ASA firewalls and wireless controllers and access points.Cisco load balancers including CSS and CSM and Cisco SSL offload devices including SSLM and CSA
- Working on Cisco Routers and Switches and Wireless networks 802.11a/n at Enterpriselevel.
- Hands on experience in configuring Cisco Catalyst 2960, 3750, 4500, 6500 and Nexus 3000,5000, 6000, 7000 series switches and Cisco 2600, 2800, 3600, 3800, 7200, 7600 series routers,Load Balancers & Cisco Firewalls.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience on IP Addressing, Sub netting, VLSM and ARP,reverse and proxy ARP, Ping concepts
- Planning designing, Installation, configuration and maintenance of 802.11a/b/gWireless Networks and WirelessAccess points.
- Strong understanding ofNetwork Devices, LAN, WAN, Optical.
- Strong understand of Security Devices(Firewalls, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, and IDS Sensors)
- Strong analytical skills, including knowledge and relevant experience in network management tools.
- Experience in implementation, support and troubleshooting of VLAN’s includingoperational knowledge of spanning tree protocol (STP), VLAN trunking, inter VLANrouting and ISL/802.1q.
- Monitoring Traffic and Connections in Checkpoint and ASA Firewall.
- Experienced in handling and installing Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Hands on experience on Checkpoint UTM and NGX series Firewall and Application URL filtering, and strongunderstanding knowledge on PALO ALTO Product firewall.
- Practical knowledge about TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, POP3, RIPV1, RIPV2, OSPF, IGRP. EIGRP, BGPRouting protocol Static, default and dynamic.
- Configuring/Troubleshooting of Wireless Controller
- Configuring/Troubleshooting WAN - MPLS, MPLS/VPN
- Involved in troubleshooting of DNS, DHCP and other IP conflict problems
Network technologies: IPsec, GRE, NAT/PAT, ACL, IPv4, IPv6
Routing Protocols: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP, and RIP
Switching Protocols: STP, RSTP, PVSTP, VTP, ARP, and VLAN
Routers: Cisco 7609, 2600, 2800, 3800, 3640, Cisco 3745, 7200 Series
Load Balancers: Configuring BIG-IP F5, Citrix.
Firewalls: Palo Alto PA-500, PA-2k, PA-3k, PA-5k & PA-7050, Checkpoint R65/R70/R75/R76/R77
IP Services: DNS, FTP, TFTP, LAN/WAN,DHCP, NAT, VLAN.
WAN Technologies: ATM, ISDN, PPP, MPLS, ATT, 802.11, 802.11a, 802.11b, APLUS
Documentation: MS office, MS Visio
Operating System: Linux, Unix, OSX, Windows
Confidential, Utica, NY
Sr. Network Engineer
- Testing Cisco IOS as per existing requirements of technology, involving Layer 3 and Layer 2 Protocols, routing and switching for the Service Provider.
- Worked on Cisco 2600, 3600, 3700, 3800, 7613 seriesrouters and 3750-G,4500, 6500 series
- Catalyst switches.
- Hands on experience in configuring site-to- site VPN with IPSEC security layer.
- Configured RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP routingand IP access filter policies.
- Worked on the upgrades on Cisco Routers during production maintenance windows.
- Implemented Routing protocols like OSPF, BGP
- Worked on Route-Reflectors to troubleshoot BGP issues related to customer route prefixes.
- Working on Cisco Routers and Switches and Wireless networks 802.11a/n at Enterprise level
- Manage and implement STP, VLAN, VTP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and firewalls (ASA 5525 and
- 5545) and routers (1800, 2800, 3660, 2621, 1601, 1700, 2610, 7200, 7500, 12000).
- Implementation of T1/PRI/related equipment in remote locations.
- Maintain Cisco ( ) Brocade andIDS, IPSand routing between 800+ nodes which uses Cisco architect routing protocols IGRP,EIGRP, BGP andOSPF.
- Install/troubleshoot LANS, WANS, routers, switches, software/hardware.
- Create and testCisco router and switching operations using OSPF routing protocol, ASA Firewalls, andMPLS switching for stable VPNs.
- Support various Series ofCiscoRouters like 7200/7600 series.
- Support Complex 0 Series Switches.
- Working knowledge with traffic generator tools like Spirent and IXIA
- Familiar with the setup and basic configuration of Cisco GSR, CRS and juniper M320, MX960, T640 device
- Testing experience in core/edge networks - L2VPN, L3VPN and Strong VPN design experience and knowledge of both Linux / UNIX / BSD and Windows based operating systems
- Performed load balancing and application level redundancy by deploying F5 BIG-IP LTM 3900.
- Understanding of JUNOS platform and worked with IOS upgrade of Juniper devices.
- Worked on ASA (5540/5550) Firewalls. Implemented Security Policies using ACL, Firewall, IPSEC, SSL,VPN, IPS/IDS, AAA (TACACS+ & RADIUS).
Environment: Cisco 6506/4948/4510 switches, Cisco 3660/3845/7609 Routers, VLAN, Checkpoint, F5 Load Balancers, OSPF, RIP, RIRP, BGP, MPLS, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, ASA 5500,Nexus 2K,5K,7K.
Confidential, Frankfort, NY
Sr. Network Administrator
- Configuring rules and Maintaining Palo Alto Firewalls & Analysis of firewall logs using various tools.
- Work on Checkpoint Platform including Provider Smart Domain Manager.
- Worked on configuring,managing and supporting Checkpoint Gateways.
- Working on the project of F5 LTM and GTM code upgrade project, doing couple of them every week.
- Extensive Experience with EIGRP, BGP, IPSEC, iWAN, VRF, VLAN, VTP, DLSW, QoS, NHRP, PfRv3, STP and netflow.
- Experience with F5 load balancer. Experience with Cisco UCS and VMWare.
- Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including implementing QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure
- Successfully installed Palo Alto PA-3060 firewalls to protect Data Center and provided L3 support for routers/switches/firewalls.
- Daily responsibilities included design, implementation, support and administration of multiple securityproducts running Checkpoint Provider-1 and VSX, Sourcefire, and ISS Realsecure.
- Regularly performed firewall audits around Checkpoint Firewall-1 solutions for customers.
- Provided tier 3 support for Checkpoint Firewall-1 software to support customers.
- Work on Checkpoint Platform including Provider Smart Domain Manager. Worked on configuring, managing and supporting Checkpoint Gateways.
- Designed and implemented IT security policies and networked backup systems.
- Configured route redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP in a multi-area OSPF network.
- Palo Alto design and installation (Application and URL filtering, Threat Prevention, Data Filtering).
- Configured and maintained IPSEC and SSL VPN’s on Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Implementing and configuring F5 LTM for VIP’S and Virtual servers as per application and businessrequirements.
- Implemented Zone Based Firewalling and Security Rules on the Palo Alto Firewall.
- Exposure to wild fire feature of Palo Alto.
- Responsible for setting up the infrastructure environment with majority of Cisco & Palo Altoappliances apart from various other equipment.
- Tuned BGP internal and external peers with manipulation of attributes such as weight, localpreference.
- Daily monitoring of network traffic using sniffers (Wireshark) and access logs to troubleshoot andidentify network issues.
- Worked with vendors and Engineering team to test new hardware and procedures.
- Consulted with engineering team to resolve tickets and troubleshoot L3/L2 problems
- Monitored LAN/WAN network activity utilizing CA/Spectrum monitoring tools.
Environment: Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 Juniper M320 and MX80 routers,Net Flow,TACACS,EIGRP,RIP,OSPF,BGP,VPN,MPLS,CSM,SUP720, Ether Channels, Fluke and Sniffer.
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Conducted a thorough technology analysis as a complete upgrade of existing network, which was required by the company
- Maintained a Network with more than 600 Network devices, some 25,000-end hosts, and the otherNetwork devices like DHCP, DNS servers, and Firewall servers
- Configured routers including 3925, 3845, 2811, 2600 series along with Cisco switches including 2960,3750
- Network up gradation & migration (Hardware / Software) from ATM/Frame relay to MPLS.
- Responsible for configuration and administration of over 25 firewalls which includes Checkpoint, andCisco ASA firewalls
- Audited network devices to confirm network policies and guidelines meet or exceed targetsforsuccessfully audits
- Worked closely with Sales representatives for the AVAYA Dialer Project
- Assisted Cisco and Presidio (Blue water) during the design and implementation on variousprojects in ourcompany
- Scheduled and monitored multiple Videoconferences using TMS (Tele management Suite)
- Used Cisco works, Content Management Systems (CMS), Cisco secure access control server(ACS),Cisco SmartNet, Riverbed Network tools to update the network documentation
- Configured MPLS CE (Customer edge router) and complete support for MPLS POP & Relatedissues inMP& CG
- Used multiple network monitoring tool Solar Winds, Cisco Prime for supporting the existing core network environment and Network edge devices
- Configured WAP and performed troubleshooting of WAP and WLC using Cisco NCS MonitoringTool.
- Extensively used Infoblox for IP address management. Created and added IPv4 Network,Reserved IP addresses for various devices, Defined DHCP Scope as per the requirements,Created DHCP scopeoptions for setting up Voice VLANs and PXE Clients etc.
- Set up and troubleshoot secured wireless access points (WAP) and wireless LAN controller(WLC) forbroadband Internet and continuous network mobility
- Created live events on Show and share. Coordinated with users to check on any issue during thelivestreaming
Environment: Network edge routers, Switches, WAP, WLC, OSPF, BGP, VLAN, VTP, RSTP, STP (SpanningTree Protocol), HSRP, IPSEC VPN tunnels, ACL, NAT/PAT, Firewalls (ASA, PIX, Checkpoint, Palo Alto), F5 Load Balancers, TMS, DMP, S&S, Cisco Works, Solar Winds, Cisco ACS, Cisco NCS, Cisco SmartNet, CMS, Firemon,NetMRI, Service Manager (Trouble ticketing system), ASDM, Riverbed
Confidential, Colorado Springs, CO
- Implemented new ultra-secure networks in multiple data centers that included Cisco 6500s and Juniper security devices.
- Designed VLAN’s and set up both L2 and L3 logical to have it communicate to the Enterprise network.
- Juniper: EX-2200,EX- 4200, EX-4500, MX-480, M Series, SRX210, SRX240
- Scheduled preventive maintenance for fire-protection systems, including new protocols. Utilize MS Windows, Word, and Excel for reporting/documenting process.
- Provide high level technical support, including identifying and resolving problems on Cisco supported products for e-Commerce infrastructure. This included external routing and internal/intranet routing for DMZ servers.
- Configured EIGRP, BGP, and MPLS.
- Implemented Load Balancing between Cisco L3 Switch by HSRP and GLBP.
- Implemented cable multi-service operator (MSO) to capture traditional Telco subscribers with IPtelephony and provide relevant QOS.
- Provided support regarding call routing, translation patterns, media resources etc.,
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting VoIP server End-points and Route plans using Real Time SessionManager.
- Day to day troubleshooting and maintenance of CUCM clusters, Unity Servers and IP phones in thenetwork.
- Configured redundant pair setup and synchronization between pairs on F5 load balancer.
- Involved in migrating applications from netscalers to F5 Big - IP environment.
- Configure Firewall, IPS, and QoS by SDM and provide security by Prefix list, Access- List and ByDistribution List.
- Moved Core switches and several non-Cisco devices under strict deadlines to maintain networkfunctionality
- Prepared Engineering documents and Network diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Delivered Departmental Efficiency through advanced engineering, technical support, anddocumentation procedures.
ENVIRONMENT: F5 Big-IP 1500,3400 module, Cisco 6500/3800/3600 routers, DMZ servers, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP
- Hands on Experience in Inter-Vlan routing, redistribution, access-lists.
- Log messages using Syslog server and analyze the issues related to high CPU utilization and parameters that can degrade performance of the network.
- Experience on Cisco IOS and Upgrading Cisco IOS using TFTP server.
- Involved in SNMP Network management.
- Manage office network with Cisco devices with network devices including 2500 and
- 3600 series routers and 3500, 2900, 1900 series switches.
- Configured and managed networks using L3 protocols like RIPv2, IGRP.
- Designed networks and provided security between various offices of the organization.
- Configured VLANs, Private VLANs, VTP and Trunking on switches.
- Configured L2 and L3 security features on devices.
- Worked on various Sniffing tools like Ethereal, Packet Sniffer.
- Backups of Cisco router configuration files to a TFTP server.