- Over 6 years of extensive hands - on experience in Cisco network design, deployment and troubleshooting.
- Experience of routing protocols like EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, and BGP, MPLS/VPN
- Worked on Cisco 6500, 7200VXR, 12000 series Router and Cisco 4500, 6509, 7613 series switch.
- Proficiency in configuration of VLAN setup on various Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Experienced in trouble-shooting both connectivity issues and hardware problems on Cisco based networks.
- Enhanced level of experience with QoS, OSPF, BGP, ATM, T1-T3 Frame-Relay
- Network analysis and capacity planning experience using tools like Sniffer, Ethereal, and Tcpdump.
- Experience configuring Virtual Device Context in Nexus 7k,5k and 2k
- Recommended Security considerations for the Intranet data center, integrating security, providing solution design details and configuration details
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning
- Extensive hands-on experience with complex routed LAN and WAN networks
- Hands-on configuration and experience in setting up Cisco routers to perform functions at the Access, Distribution, and Core layers.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution.
- Experience on Cisco 7600, Cisco 6500, Cisco 4503, Cisco 3750, Cisco ASA, Juniper NSM, Juniper ISG1000, Juniper IDP and Bluecoat SG cashing and web filtering
- Experience in the setup of HSRP, Access-Lists, and RIP, EIGRP, and tunnel installations.
- Experience with Quality of Service: Congestion Management and Avoidance, Policing, Shaping, and Link Efficiency.
- Worked on PaloAlto Firewall.
- Worked on F5 Load Balancers - Configuring Irules, Profiles, Nats/Snats, Load Balancing.
- Excellent Verbal, written communication skills and Interpersonal skills with ability to work with large teams as well as independently with minimum supervision & Team Player
- Experience with Project documentation tools & implementing and maintaining network monitoring systems and experience with developing network design documentation and presentations using VISIO
Networking Equipment: Cisco 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 7200, 7600 series routers, Cisco 1900, 2900, 3550, 4900, 6500 series catalyst switches,Nexus 2k,3k,5kand 7k, Load Balancers (F5 BigIP).
Routing Protocols: RIP v1 & v2, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, VRRP, HSRP, GLBP
LAN technologies: Ethernet/ Fast Ethernet/ Gigabit Ethernet networks, VLANS, VTP, STP, 802.1q
WAN technologies: Frame Relay, PPP, ATM, ISDN, PPP, MPLS; exposure to DS1, DS2, OC3, OC12, T1/T3, E1/E3 and leased lines.
WLAN Technology: 802.11 standards, Lightweight and Autonomous systems
Network Security: IPSec, Palo alto, VPN Configuration, VPN Concentrator, PIX 506, 515, 525, 535; ASA 5505, 5510 Firewalls, NAT/PAT, IDS (Intrusion Detection System), IPS (Intrusion Prevention System), Ethereal, Encryption technologies like DES, 3DES.
Juniper: E series, J series and M series. Juniper SRX & VPN
Infrastructure services: DHCP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, POP3
IP Telephony: VoIP (SIP, H.323, MGCP), CCM, Gateways/Gatekeeper, Quality Of Service (QOS)
Network Management: SNMP, CiscoWorks, WhatsUp Gold, HP OpenView.
Network Security: Firewall, ASA, Cisco FWSM/PIX/ASDM, Cisco NAC, Checkpoint
Communication Protocols: TCP/IP, IPv6, ARP, VLAN (802.1q, ATM), PPP, Frame Relay, MPLS, 802.11, Wi-Fi.
Communication Concepts: VPN, Multicasting, CDMA, W-CDMA, GSM
Platforms: Windows 98/XP/VISTA, Linux
Applications: MS Office, MS Visio, Tcl/Tk Scripting, C/C++, Python
- Experience with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509-V-E catalyst switches
- Configuring, Monitoring and Troubleshooting Cisco’s PIX firewall, ASA 5500
- Involving in VPN (IPSEC and GRE) migrations and new designs for the clients.
- Troubleshooting the Network Routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP and RIP) during the Migrations and new client connections.
- Configured IP RIP, PPP, BGP and OSPF routing
- Involved in the configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP v4.
- Supported on Cisco Nexus 5000 and Nexus 7000 Series Switch fabric links.
- Experience with Checkpoint Firewall policy provisioning.
- Having Data Center Design Experience, installing and Configuring Network Devices in a Data Center including patching the cables in the Patch Panel
- Began replacement of Cisco ASA firewalls with next generation PaloAlto application inspection appliances
- Worked on ACE load balancers. Experience with F5 load balancers - LTM, GTM series like 6400, 6800, 8800 for the corporate applications and their availability.
- Configured IP access filter policies.
- Experience with devices PaloAlto Network firewalls such as security NAT, Threat prevention & URL filtering.
- Configured and resolved various OSPF issues in an OSPF multi area environment.
- Configured and played with various BGP attributes such as Local Pref, MED, Extended Communities, Route-Reflector clusters, Route-maps and route policy implementation.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Bluecoat SG9000 WAN acceleration appliances including WCCP, CIFS and creating/updating overlays .
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with both Checkpoint and Cisco ASA VPN experience
- Checking and configuring Cisco 7613 routers at data center for remote sites’ issues
- Experience working Juniper T-Series, M-Series, MX-Series, J-Series and SRX-Series Routers
- Experience working with JUNOS OS on Juniper Routers and Switches.
- Manage operational monitoring of equipment capacity/utilization and evaluate the need for upgrades; develop methods for gathering data needed to monitor hardware, software, and communications network performance.
- Experience with devices Palo Alto Network firewalls such as security NAT, Threat prevention & URL filtering.
- Worked on wide range of network technologies in a variety of environments such as LAN, Data Center, WAN, Enterprise voice using IPT & VoIP technologies, Unified Communications, Transport services, security components, security policies, and Mobility.
- Configuring firewall filters, routing instances, policy options, on Juniper m320 an d T640.
- Ensures the project will achieve targeted dates to ensure business continuity.
- Configured and troubleshoot OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP.
- Worked on projects like BGP Route Reflectors deployment, Removal of BGP from the core
- Tested BGP features such as as-override, Local pre, EBGP load balancing
- Worked on ACE load balancers. Experience with F5 load balancers
- Troubleshooting IOS related bugs based on past history and appropriate release notes
- Work on different connection medium like Fiber and Copper Connectivity.
- Tested and implemented various BGP attributes such as Local Preference, MED, AS-PATH, Community, Extended community.
Environment: Cisco 6509/ 3750/3550/3500/2950 switches, Cisco 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers, TACACS, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VPN, MPLS, Ether Channels and Sniffer.
- Determined quality levels for network and system performance.
- Was responsible for all aspects of software and hardware of company’s network and systems.
- Implemented and maintained network architectures for LAN/WAN.
- Installed new software releases, system upgrades. Evaluated and installed patches, resolved software related problems. Performed system backups and recovery.
- Configured Cisco router, provided technical support for the configuration and installation for the customers.
- Provided technical support to the customers like upgrading, improving and expanding their network.
- Configured IP, RIP, EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- Experience with convert Checkpoint VPN rules over to the Cisco ASA solution. Migration with Cisco ASA VPN experience
- Maintained data files and monitored system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Maintained DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Replication & other services on the Windows Server 2000 & 2003 network.
- Configuring and testing Multicast routing in Data Center Environment
- Troubleshoot and Worked with Security issues related to Cisco ASA/PIX, Checkpoint, ID/IPS and Juniper Netscreen firewalls.
- Working and troubleshooting in inter-vendor PaloAlto environments
- Bluecoat WAN acceleration appliance hardware/software troubleshooting and configuration
- Implemented Positive Enforcement Model with the help of PaloAlto Networks
- Replaced old 6500 and WAN routers from DR testing site and Installed Nexus 7K and ASR 1006 routers.
- Responsible for CheckPoint and Cisco ASA firewall administration across global networks.
- Configuring Access lists on the Firewalls and routers.
- Configured Rservers, Server Farms, Policy Maps, Class maps on ACE 4710.
- Maintained all servers & network equipment with current stable firmware, IOS images & access control lists.
- Transfer web services from Cisco CSS platform to F5 Big IP LTM platform.
- Was responsible for maintenance of Cisco ASA 5500 firewall forDCA site, adding new rules or changingexisting access lists if necessary.
- Run monthly tests for redundant systems and for scheduled service periods, changed and/or modified equipment that failed load or redundancy tests to ensure uptime.
- Organized meetings and discussions regarding network optimization and BGP issues.
- Involved in configuration and management of different Layer 2 switching tasks which includes address learning, efficient switching etc.
- Configuring and testing Multicast for both IPv4 and IPv6 routing in Data Center Environment.
- Implemented switching protocols like Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) in the network, VTP, VLANs, and configured Fast-Ethernet channel between switches.
- Performed Network Security Assessment and implemented security improvements such as network filtering, SSH, AAA, TACACS, SNMP access lists, VTY access lists, EIGRP MD5 authentication, HSRP authentication and security enhancements.
Environment: Cisco 3750/3550/3500/2960 switches and Cisco 3640/12000/ 7200/3845/3600/2800 routers.
- Involved in installation, configuration, Firmware upgrades, maintenance and support of network Equipments (Cisco Routers&Switches). Provided support to WAN/LAN users on network/technical issues.
- Provided support and troubleshooting network related problems Monitored network systems operations and conducted systems performance evaluations and system diagnostics
- Proactive monitoring of the health and status of the production network, servers and applications using appropriate tools.
- Installed, configured and administered Cisco ASA firewalls and other Cisco technologies
- Ensured that every issue received is promptly tracked, controlled and escalated (if needed).
- Create, log troubleshoot notes and maintain outage notification logs and follow documented escalation procedure where appropriate.
- Work closely with key venders and escalate problems to them as necessary.
- Maintain documentation of processes, procedures, troubleshooting guides and change management logs.
- Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management.
- Extensive knowledge on Network Monitoring tools such as Cisco Works.
- Worked on Packet Analysis tools like Ethereal, Wire shark.
- Troubleshoots and evaluates hardware, software, and other network related problems, provides technical expertise for performance and/or configuration of the global networks and systems Desktop responsibilities included software & hardware installation & configuration.
- Replace outdated Cisco switches&routers in existing data centers & installing new Cisco switches&routers.
- Responsible for layer 2 security which was implemented using a dedicated VLAN ID for all trunk ports, setting user ports to non-TRUNKING, deployed port security when possible for user ports.
- Migration from 2500 series Routers to 2600 series.
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco2600 series routers with OSPF protocols.
- Configured and implemented various protocols on 2800 series router for efficient performance of network.
- Upgrading the network by translating protocols like EIGRP to OSPF.
- Redistributing from RIP to OSPF and vice versa by implementing Hub and Spoke topology with a Frame Relay Switch.
- Configuration & maintenance of Cisco2900 series switches including VLANS &TRUNKING protocols.
- Used various scanning & sniffing tools like packet sniffer.
- Monitor, evaluate & report on health of both Wide & Local Area (WAN/LAN) Networks.
- Maintaining the whole network and troubleshooting the network issues for efficient performance.