- Network Engineer - Architect with expertise in deploying network & voice over IP solutions using CISCO Networking Products.
- Extensive experience in LAN/WAN Implementations, MPLS, Security and AVVID Solutions in IT Enabled Services environments.
- Highest-level technical person as an IT Network Infrastructure specialist, for dealing with the most important, complex, and risk sensitive application infrastructure environments.
- Great knowledge with the following protocols: TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, Multicast….
- Over 6 years of experience with Confidential (7K, 5K, 3K,2K) with a Confidential ;
- Designed and developed proposals/ plans for improvement of technical infrastructure regarding, Networking, IP Telephony, Routers, Switches;
- Local and wide area network planning, design and implementation;
- Experience with Load Balancers, SSL, redundancy protocols;
- Cisco certified: CCNP, CCNA, CCDA, CCDP, CCNP, CCNP Voice, CCIE RS, CCIE SP;
- Master's degree in Telecommunication networking.
Hardware: Cisco routers 7500, 4700, 3600, 2500, 800, 700, Cisco multilayer switch 3550, 3650, 3750,3850,6500, Nexus 7K, Nexus 5K, Nexus,3k, Nexus 4k, Nexus2k
Protocols: BGP, MP-BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, NAT, HSRP, DHCP, ICMP, DNS, BOOTP, Multicast, IGMP, CGMP, TCP, UDP, H.323, H.225, H.245, RTP, MCGP.
Bridging: PVSTP, translational, BPDU, MAC access lists, CDP, access lists, Spanning tree Protocol.
LAN: VTP, Trunking, ISL, 802.1q, VLan, Ether-Channel.
MPLS: MPLS L3 VPN, MPLS L2 VPN (AToM like to like service or AToM any to any service), L2TPV3, L3VPN over L2TPV3, VPLS (Direct attachment or Hierarchical attachment), MPLS TE, QOS for IP MPLS (Uniform mode, Pipe mode, Short pipe mode)
Senior Network Consultant
- Proposal of different solutions
- Test different solutions in the LAB
- Choose the best solution based on Videotron requirements
- Work on minor projects to improve the corporate network by addressing some design issue
- Lead the project to redesign and test the solution for vPC and HSRP/VRRP in the Context of DCI (two datacenters connected through double sided vPC) in order to have the default gateway to be active at each datacenter (model HSRP/VRRP active/active with vPC)
- Integrating Lenovo blade switch using VLAG feature into the network with Confidential switches using VPC feature
- Update the network documentation for the support team
- Prepare MOP/MEP for changes in production
- Prepare oders (commandes de mise en service et installation (CMESI)) to: add new devices in datacenters remove existing devices migration a circuit from device to another device decommission circuits
Senior Network Consultant
- Design and implement LAN module: VTP Domain, VPC Domain, VLANS, Spanning-tree and more
- Design and implement WAN module involving 3 MPLS service providers ( Confidential, Bell and Verizon) using OSPF, BGP, Route tagging, redistribution, QoS and more
- Design and implement Internet module using BGP for multihoming solution
- Design and implement VPN module for site-to-Site and Cisco AnyConnect VPN solution
- Integration of the new datacenter to the existing network
- Devices involved: Nexus 5k, Cisco Fabric extender 2k, Cisco ASR 1001- X, Switches 3850
- Lead QOS project: Enable the QOS for 180 branch offices and 2 datacenter centers in Canada
- Develop the QOS solution for all Confidential branch offices and two datacenters (Montreal DC and Calgary DC) to make sure traffics are classified, marked, queued (LLQ-CBWFQ) based on the business requirements before sending the traffics to the telco MPLS Cloud.
- Lead the Canadian WAN design to add resiliency and redundancy involving 3 MPLS service providers:
- Connect Bell, Confidential and Level3 on 2 datacenters (St-Laurent and Quebec).
- Bell and Confidential connected on Canadian sites, Level3 on WSP Global and PB sites.
- Promote the Ville St-Laurent datacenter as the primary one and the Quebec datacenter as the backup.
- Redesign LAN routing of the datacenters to meet business requirements:
- Bell and Confidential MPLS cloud for Canadian sites.
- Level3 MPLS cloud to connect WSP Global and PB sites.
- Lead the Focus integration (more than 30 MPLS sites) into WSP Group network:
- Re-addressing all former Focus sites to avoid address conflict with existing WSP sites.
- Redesign the LAN routing from static route to OSPF multi-areas.
- Sites migration from Focus VRF to WSP group VRF.
- Lead PB HALSALL Canada integration (8 sites) into WSP Group network.
- Lead SPL integration (8 sites) into WSP Group network:
- Existing SPL sites were connected using site to site VPN and they are migrated to the Bell MPLS Cloud.
- Lead the VPN project migration from Checkpoint technology to Cisco technology using ASA:
- Migrate more than 20 sites from Checkpoint to Cisco ASA.
- Migrate Checkpoint Endpoint security client to Cisco any connect client using SSL.
- Participate to the project to set up a site- to- site VPN using Palo Alto for one of the business unit with Amazon cloud (AWS).
- Lead Levelton integration (10 sites) into WSP group network.
- MMM integration (20 sites) into WSP network.
- Supporting the F5 product located in both datacenters (Ville Saint Laurent and Quebec) for applications delivery:
- : BIG IP LTM (September 2015).
- Adding and updating Profiles (TCP, UPD, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL…).
- Adding and updating s for SSL authentication (Client-side and Server-Side).
- Adding VIP, Nodes, Pool…
- Support the Operation team is case there is a need to escalate and troubleshoot network related issue.
- Lync Voice Project: To establish Sip trunking with our Provider.
- Building new datacenter in Calgary:
- Design Layer 2: VTP Domain, VPC Domain, VLAN, Spanning-tree and more.
- Design Layer3: OSPF, BGP, Route tagging and redistribution, QoS and more.
- Devices involved: Nexus 5k, Nexus Fex 2k, Cisco ARS 1001- X, Switch 3850
Telecom Specialist / Cisco Voice Specialist
- Supporting the security platform having more than 200 checkpoint firewalls within Confidential network and Cisco ASA.
- Day to day doing operation duties by adding new rules based, objects for Checkpoint products and more from the dashboard.
- VPN technology.
- Implementation of LAN using facilities such as advanced spanning tree techniques, VLANs, VTP, Trunking, Port-channeling.
- WAN (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, MP-BGP, VRF, VRF LITE…).
- Riverbed product for WAN optimization.
- HP NNMI tools to troubleshoot performance issue.
- MPLS (for both customer edge and service provider).
- QOS Management (WFQ, LLQ.), QOS avoidance (Policing and shaping).
- Nexus (7k, 5k, and 3k) in Montreal and Amsterdam Data center: VPC (servers to Nexus access switch, legacy cisco switches to Nexus switch), double-sided VPC (Nexus access switch to Nexus aggregation switch) to extend Montreal Data Center, Port-channel, VDC (resource’s allocations…), orphan port, orphan device.
- Voice platform (Subject Matter Expert):
- Day to day supporting.
- Cluster in Canada, Europe, Australia, Chile, South Africa, Algeria.
- Call manager express for small sites.
- 2 Gatekeepers for inter-cluster call routing.
- Unity connections for voicemail and AA features.
- Unity expresses for voicemail and AA features for small sites.
- MGCP and H323 voice gateways using T1, E1, ISDN, FOX link to connect to PSTN.
- Voice gateway with Confidential feature in case of WAN failure. resolve advanced call routing and feature issues.
- Voice gateways: MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS, media resources (conferencing, transcoding…).
IP / MPLS Architect
- Developing Hub-and-spoke solution for the IP/MPLS service of Confidential for the government.
- Interconnected their tree colos located in Somerville, Houston and Sunnyvale.
- Proposed and designed the routing protocol (OSPF).
- Led the ATT and OnStar’s Project.
- Developed and implement the VPN site to site between Confidential (Houston) and Onstar; between Confidential (Somerville) and ATT for testing services in staging.
- Supported DS3 data to Connect Confidential (Houston and Somerville) to the ATT AVPN (MPLS) Network for layer 1 connectivity and enable BGP as routing protocol. This connection is used to offer services in production.
- Developed Server load balancer solution for their applications located in their Data Center for their client Wells Fargo.
- Fixed an issue they had by splitting VOIP calls toward staging and VOIP calls toward Production for their Voice gateway located at Houston, Somerville and Sunnyvale.
- As a VOIP architect, my duty was to make sure that the VOIP solution meets the best- practices defined by the industry (Cisco, Nortel...).
- Developed and implemented a VOIP solution for the site located at Toronto.
- Devices used are: Cisco Call manager express 3850, 4 switches (3750), Unity Express for AA and voicemail.
- Société Générale de Financement:
- VOIP for two sites in Montreal et Quebec.
- 7 3750 switches and 2 500 switches, Gateway 2811, 2 call managers at Montreal.
- 3 3750 switches and Gateway 3821 with Confidential features at Quebec.
- UNITY connection for the voicemail.
- VOIP for two sites in Montreal et Quebec.
- 3 switches (3560 series), Gateway 2851 with Confidential, Cisco unified Business Edition at Montreal.
- Gateway 2851 and Switch 2960 with Confidential at Toronto.
- Performed Implementation and Designing of routing, switching and Qos for 20 sites with the WAN of Bell.
- Domaine du Marquis:
- 8 sites with PPoE links.
- Wan administration (VPN and MPLS)
- Ville de Longueuil:
- Designed and implemented the quality of service (Qos) in the converged network so that voice traffic will get priority when the network is congested. The Qos was implemented in the following devices: Cisco 3750, 3650, 3550, 3524, 2950, 6500, 2600 series router.
Confidential, New York
Cisco IPT / Network Specialist
- Performed Implementation and Designing of IP Telephony Solutions.
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Data)
- Configuring Call Manager clusters with high redundancy.
- Configuring Cisco Conference Connection Solutions
- Configuring Voice Gateways.
- Ownership of IP Telephony traffic engineering, reporting and routing changes utilizing appropriate tools.
- Installation and configuring of Cisco IP Phones.
- Extending the IP telephony solutions to the business partners using the secured solutions.
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting the Voice quality issues.
- Experience Troubleshooting Voice and Data Networking Issues.
- Performing network audits & performance optimization and professional services on a variety of enterprise solutions.
- Configured over 500 Cisco 3750 switches for voice & data.
- Rolled out over 3000 Cisco IP Phones-Cisco 7960, 7912, & 7920.
- Configured over 500 Cisco 2811 routers for voice & data.
- Tested over 300 IPT remote sites.
- Created VLANS for Voice & Data.
- Provision new hardware & software for remote sites to connect to this regional location.
- Design and develop proposals/ plans for improvement of technical infrastructure regarding, Networking, IP Telephony, VOIP, Routers, Switches.
- Provide technology assessments and recommendations in support of Automation and Networking.
- Technology initiatives.
- Designing and Ensure that sufficient capacity exists to meet current and anticipated future demands.
- Perform network audits & performance optimization and professional services on a variety of enterprise.
- Extensive hands experience on Cisco Call Manager 3.X, 4.X.
- Researching, evaluating, designing and deploying new network services, products and technologies to meet business requirements.
- Troubleshooting network connectivity issues, maintaining network stability, Implementing high availability and backup connectivity.