Hardware Experience: Cisco 2800, 3500, 5000, 6500 & Nexus 5k, 7k & 9k series switches; F5 Load balancers, Nortel/Avaya 2300/8100 Wireless controllers, Avaya 8000, 5000 and smaller switches and routers., Cisco and Juniper firewalls, Pix ASA Gandolf ISDN bridges. Dell PowerEdge and Compaq ProLiant rack mounted servers.
Software Knowledge: Cisco IOS, HP Openview, Data General Sniffer View, Peregrine Service Center, Cisco Works, Exceed, Citrix Metaframe, TCP/IP; LAN Monitor; HP Jet Admin, Rumba, Microsoft Office XP/2003, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange, Norton’s Ghost DOS, System software for the Macintosh.
LAN/WAN Experience: Installed and maintained Cisco 2800, 5000, 6500 and Nexus switches and routers; Routing protocols; Ethernet, BGP,OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, TCP, STP, SNMP, DHCP, DNS.Administer F5 Load Balancers, Data General Sniffer View, ISDN /Ethernet LAN/ WAN; Microsoft Server 2003/2000 Ethernet LAN’s, Citrix Metaframe
Network Operations Specialist
- Currently working in - house at Confidential ’s Dresher location as a Network Specialist on the Network Operations team supporting internal and external based clients with network troubleshooting issues, IP request, server turn-ups and decommissions.
- Performing several network switch augmentations for the various Confidential locations around the world. This process entails performing baseline preparations and pushing configurations via customized scripts to the specified network devices. Because of the various locations around the world this is a coordinated effort with 3rd party vendors on-site to perform the physical swap of the equipment. Once the equipment has been swapped out there are post checks and verifications of all configurations, physical connections and wi-fi settings to assure network resiliency.
- Assumed role as “Project Manager” over the IP Assignment initiative which entails a very involved process to support the various internal Business Groups in getting their application and database servers up online. The process consist of receiving request from the internal Business Groups which are then processed via IPMAN, InfoBlox and PruDoc to assign Build and Production IP’s for the purpose of bringing the servers online. The servers, once configured are then placed on the production network via another change request. Once the IP’s are assigned and documented in our internal Workflow database, the initiating BG will receive a confirmation as such with the IP information. A change ticket is then generated to configure the server switch ports. I work directly with the different server development teams as well as Physical Planning, attending bi-weekly status meetings in order to keep track of progress.
- Assumed the roll as the Network Operations key contact for the Network Switch Re-stack and Build out project. This project involves the initial stages of decommissioning and replacing several outdated switches throughout the Dresher location as well as building out other areas within the site with newly built MDF and IDF areas. With this initiative we are meeting once a week for status updates.
- Supported Business Continuance resiliency testing for difference location around the globe. Performed several on-call support issues by coming into the office off-hours to replace defective modules.
- This position consists of daily monitoring of the Confidential data and voice network via Service Now in order to track incident and change status. We dispatch circuit and 3rd party vendors to resolve equipment replacement and downed circuits around the globe. We also coordinate internal Global Network teams to resolve server, DNS and firewall issues.
Tier 2 Network Engineer
- Working in house as a Tier 2 Network Engineer providing voice and data support to the several thousand Confidential commercial customers nationwide.
- We support all voice and data issues passed down by the Tier 1 Technical staff that could not be resolved.
- This support involves, but is not limited to, troubleshooting connectivity issues such as latency for data networks, network outages, route related issues, voice related issues, network, design, deployments and turn-ups.
- We’re working with several different types of network devices and platforms such as Cisco, Adtran and Edgemarc routers and switches.
- As a Tier 2 Network Engineer, we interface directly with our commercial customers to resolve their issues in a timely and professional manner.
- We also work with several 3rd party carriers such as Verizon, Comcast and XO by opening tickets on troubled circuits in order to resolve issues beyond our core.
- Working as an in house Network Engineer assisting with a company wide network infrastructure upgrade to all 700+ Confidential stores.
- Involves remotely pushing new IP addresses, code and configurations to all in-store devices (i.e. registers, kiwi terminals, credit card scanners, and Cisco network routers and switches)
- The push is being performed utilizing a Citrix and LanDesk environment with Cisco network infrastructure and Palo Alto firewalls.
- The project is being coordinated and pushed remotely from the Confidential Corporate office in conjunction with a 3rd party vendor performing cabling and stack & rack services in the field.
Network Field Engineer
- Supported and implemented network infrastructure installs, upgrades and repairs for several hospitals, colleges, universities, and commercial arenas under my supervision.
- Completed several IT projects that include:
- Lead Engineer responsible for overseeing the implementation and support of the entire Sun Oil Co. (Sunoco) network infrastructure. This included design, documentation, support, and maintenance of their network
- Performed numerous hardware and software code upgrades to the network switch and router infrastructure at PGCC (Prince George Community College), Coppin State University, Catholic Relief Services, Doylestown Hospital and PPL Electric of Allentown PA.
- Assisted in the implementation of several switch refresh projects such as UPHS (Univ. of Penn. Health Systems), CCBC (Community College of Baltimore County) all three campuses and assisted with the install of the new PE building switches at Coppin State University.
- Duties also included the 24/7 field support of several Nortel and Cisco based clients in the tristate area.
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst
- Provided Tier II support of company wide network infrastructure as well as supervised junior analysts
- Designed, documented, and installed Cisco 2800, 3500, 5000, 6500, 7200 series multi-layer switches, routers and PIXs to the existing network.
- Documented schematics using Visio, downloading and installing IOS recommended by Cisco.
- Customized the router or switch configuration for use with the site specific LAN/WAN environments.
- Performed several company wide rollouts of Cisco 6500 and 2800 series access switches to the various Confidential sites and installed routing protocols such as OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP.
- Assisted with the company wide roll-out of VoIP to all sites nationwide.
- Administered all DNS and DHCP scope requests.
- Administered company wide firewall access-list rules to the development and production Pix environments.
- Created various port specific ACL’s requested by several different internal clients and applied the ACL’s to different interfaces of the Pix and routers to control the flow of port specific traffic.
- Administered F5 load balancers for port specific application elevations via the LTM and GTM GUI/CLI. Within the environment, the F5 load balancers and Cisco Pixes/ASAs worked together to control traffic flow. The majority of the port specific applications configured on the F5 required an ACL to allow them through the firewall internally and externally.
- Worked as Project Lead for NRRV (Network Resiliency Redundancy Verification), created several building scripts to perform HSRP testing of our network infrastructure. These tests, in part, consist of physically powering down the building MDFs assuring that all traffic from the IDF is traveling over the network via the configured HSRP connections. These tests were being evaluated to run in a “Virtual” environment utilizing OpNet.
- Responsibilities also included 24/7 monitoring of the networks infrastructure using HP OpenView, Tivoli, and CiscoWorks
- Troubleshot network issues and performed data traces using Data Generals Sniffer View
- Developed, documented, and deployed a ghosting procedure for a corporate desktop rollout of new PC’s and Office 2000 to existing PC’s utilizing Norton’s Ghost.
- Built and configured Dell PowerEdge and Compaq ProLiant, NT rack mounted servers for usage in house and other national corporate locations.
- Was responsible for research, cost analysis, and installation procedures of new equipment, in addition to maintaining and administering multiple LAN’s in the Wayne, PA office