Telecommunications Project Management & Installation Technician
Over 14 + years of successful Telecommunications and Cable Installation, Programming, and Project Management for Avaya, Mitel, Hitachi, Innovations, Inncharge, and many other telecom solutions. Delivering above plan performance for both inside (programming and technical support) and outside system installation. Produced strong and sustainable revenue through the ability to perform installations and project management at a maximum level. While not sacrificing quality, I have a strong history of completing projects under budget, and on time. Excellent communication, interpersonal and coaching skills for contact with both IT departments and C level customers. Builder of proactive teams for installation of telecom systems, cable projects, and software upgrades. Management experience of teams
for various types of IT installations and roll out schedules.
- Strategic Planning
- System Program Development
- Installation Budget Management Project Team Management
- Training Supervisor
- Team Coaching
- Project Planning / Coordinating
- Multi-Tasking Duties
- Customer Training Administrator
- Key Account Management Cable Contract Negotiator
- Maintenance Relationship Manager.
- Achieved above expectation and profit margin of Voice and Data solution installations, cable infrastructure installation, system programming and maintenance, and various IT system configurations in ten years as Project Manager. Recognized as a team player and change agent for supporting the installation and maintenance activities of the sales department and professional services departments. Demonstrated leadership by involving company cross-functional participation in the project management process. Strengthened corporate understanding and enhanced customer commitment and involvement
- Created yearly and quarterly budgets for new market strategies for maintenance contracts and service support departments, which delivered above expectations in profit margin each year.
- Project Managed Fortune 2000 companies such as, Accor North America (Motel 6), Hilton Hotels, Marriott Hotels, and Adam’s Mark Hotels. Responsible for meetings, reviewing all outstanding issues (including system installation, cable installation, customer training, and programming). Involved in client relationships with “C” level management and local employees. Surpassed corporate expectations related to project management along with above expectations of customer and staff retention. Managed budget and scheduling of staff and equipment.
Confidential, Coppell, TX May 2009- Nov 2011
Contact Center Engineer II
Handle Move, Adds, Changes of call center agents.
Development of design templates for new call deployments, including but not limited to, Avaya’s Automatic Call Distribution configurations, call flow templates, testing checklists, etc.
Gather requirements from business teams who want to expand current call centers and building out new call centers.
Create call flow documentation based on these business requirements.
Provide advice to the business teams on call center best practices.
Programming of call flows, VDNs (Virtual Directory Number), Vectors, CMS (Call Management Server) reports etc.
Escalation point for troubleshooting problem tickets for call center users.
Create initial configuration of CMS for new deployments.
Proactively check system health and capacity.
Monitor system stability and performance.
Handle all ticketed requests within a specified period of time and ensure closure of all tickets.
Supportand troubleshootingof the following product:
Avaya Voice Portal IVR and AES system
Versmart call accounting system.
Cisco tandbreg admin
Blackberry & Iphone
Cisco movi admin
Cisco C-40 admin
All AV equipment installations
ATT circuit installs
Verizon circuit installs
Go to Meeting admin
Confidential, Garland, TX March 2005 – May 2009
Project managed System Installation, Programming, Customer Training, and System Programming on Avaya voice, various data, software, and associated solutions for an entire IT solution. Project managed the installation of Cat 3, Cat 5, Cat 5e Cat6 and RG6 wiring projects. Provide customer support via telephone and in person at sites throughout the continental US for enterprise and government solutions. Worked with both C Level, and local customers to provide customer assurance, project installation planning, and coordination. Through careful planning, constantly managed projects under projected budget.
Confidential, Dallas, TX July 2001 – Feb 2005
Project managed and expanded service department for Telecom System Installation, Coordination, Customer Training, and System Programming. Also worked with sales representatives for advice on system design and engineering for Avaya and Mitel systems. Project managed the installation of Cat 3, Cat 5, and Cat 5e wiring projects. Provide customer support via telephone and in person at sites throughout the continental US. Worked with both C Level, and local customers to provide customer assurance, and installation project planning. Constantly managed projects under projected budget.
Confidential, Dallas, Texas 1997 - 2001
Avaya partner focused on SMB telecom equipment sales. Responsible for small business system installation, training, and programming. Project managed the installation of Cat 3, Cat 5, and Cat 5e wiring projects. Provide customer support via telephone and in person in the DFW area. Worked with both C Level, and local customers to provide customer assurance, and installation project planning. Constantly managed projects under projected budget, and on time completion
Mitel Certification, SX-200, 2004
Avaya University Online, Basic Telecom Certification