Summary of Qualifications
Extensive experience as a Telecommunications Switch Technician working with Nortel and Avaya VoIP based switches. Able to work effectively with customers, vendors, and technical staff. Self-motivated team-player with the ability to quickly grasp new concepts and system protocols. Exceptional interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced office environment. Motivated toward achieving set goals and deadlines in a timely manner. Professional and energetic work attitude.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Avaya Aura Call Manager 6.0 VoIP PBX Switch Technician June 2011 – September 2011
- Supported IT and end users with voice grade circuits and services. Installed and provided faxination services including port activation.
- Programmed 9630, 9640, 9650 VoIP multi/ single line and call center phone station sets and downloading of firmware and logging in of station sets.
- Built and managed modular messaging voicemail boxes, programmed system translations.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Avaya Call Manager 5.0 VoIP / Nortel SL-100 PBX Switch Technician May 2006 – February 2011
- Tier II / Tier III support managing an 8000-line PBX. Key contributor in the conversion from Nortel to Avaya solution. Created storefile commands that reduced the time removing old Nortel phones lines. Programmed over 5000 new Avaya VoIP phone stations. Installed analog lines to Kronos time clocking system. Decommissioned Nortel SL100.
- Performed adds, moves, changes on 96XX series phone sets. Resolved outages and led system troubleshooting using Gedi and Emulation interface.
- Loaded firmware and programmed 9620, 9640, 9650 VoIP phone sets. Installed and managed modular messaging voicemail boxes. Supported end managers and users.
- Managed installation of Media Gateway port connections and completed the Nortel to Avaya PBX switch conversion.
- Performed Servord and table data translations; installed and managed 2008, 2616, 3904, 3905 and analog phone sets.
- Monitored subsystem logs, trunking and T1 circuits. Replaced defective subsystem circuit packs, installed MDF and DSX jumpers, archived switch and call pilot image tapes, and resolved switch related trouble tickets.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
Nortel Succession CS2100 VoIP PBX Switch Technician March 2005 – January 2006
- Managed 9000-line PBX, Monitored switch subsystems, and resolved day-to-day phone line trouble tickets. Monitored system logs, and Call Pilot voicemail.
- Performed Servord installation and set programming of M3902 and M3904 digital phone sets.
- Oversaw installation, testing and turn-up of ISDN/T1 Trunk circuits, analog / digital lines, performed routing translations for lines / trunk circuits and MDF installs and disconnects.
- Performed XA-Core and Media Gateways IP protocols using Microsoft 2000 & Windows XP. Interfaced with NOC, onsite field technicians, and AT&T trunking technicians.
Confidential, Redondo Beach, CA
Nortel SL – 100 PBX Switch Technician July 1988 – January 2005
- Managed a 9500 line PBX. Resolved daily phone line trouble tickets using the Remedy trouble ticket reporting tool. Handled SLM processing of system log files, OM, JF, SMDR IMAGE. Performed Data Table Line/Trunk and area code translations routing.
- Performed software (SERVORD) installation of M5112, M5009, digital and M3902, M3904 IP programming and phone sets. Responsible for system card circuit pack failure and replacement. Oversaw MDF and DSX jumper installation, disconnects.
- Performed T1/ISDN Trunk monitoring, testing and repair. Managed Trunk and line routing translations, performed system software upgrades and excellent customer service.
- Managed Avaya (Octel) 350 Voicemail, monitored system logs. Handled Cisco call manager software installs, disconnects. Performed system software MSL/SE load upgrades. Interfaced daily with outside field technicians, order writers, operators.
Confidential, Riverside, CA
Sergeant - Nortel DMS-100 PBX Switch Technician January 1984 – January 1988
- Positions included Non-Commissioned Officer and OJT Trainer. Managed up to 8 personnel, experienced Manager, performed with diverse teams. Recognized individually and organizationally – Honorable Discharge.
- Technical Lead on telephony and telecommunications networks. Performed installation and maintenance of hardware and software systems. Led troubleshooting of network outages and monitored system performance, including daily and weekly IMAGE file processing.
- Utilized computers, test equipment, and trained personnel on a daily basis. Performed BCS upgrades, software (Servord) installation and responsible for MDF testing.
- Previous U.S.A.F. secret security clearance. Supported secure/unsecure voice networks.
Specialized Skills and Training
- Avaya HW, SW, and Software Systems
- USAF – Professional Military Education
- Nortel DMS/SL100, VoIP, Succession CS2100
- USAF – Basic and Advanced Electronics
- Advanced Network Installation and Maintenance
- USAF – Telephony and Telco Switching
- Switch Software and Advanced Support
- DS0, T1, T3, MDF, DSX, Nodal System,
- Switch and PBX Technology, VoIP, ISDN, Trunking
- System Node, Call Mgt, Gateways
- Analog to Digital Conversion Voice Networking
- Call Center, NOC, Technical Support
- Professional Management / Customer Service
- Computer Systems, MS Office, Sys Tools
- Intro to Avaya Call Manager/ Modular Messaging
- Intro to Call Pilot La Palma
- Intro to Nortel Succession
- Intro to Nortel VoIP Raleigh
- DMS/SL100 Maintenance & Translations Richardson
- SL-100 Supernode Maintenance Richardson
Community College of the United States Air Force Sheppard Air Force Base, Texa
- Advanced Electronics – Certification 1984
- Telephony – Telecommunications – Certification 1984
- References available upon request.