Summary of Experience:
- Over 6 Years of IT experience as a Windows Systems Administration, Application Packaging, and Technical Support.
- Installation of Citrix Presentation server 4.0/ XenApp 4.5/5.0 & Citrix Client Tools
- Administration of Citrix XenApp Farms
- Configuration of Citrix server policies, Load Management and Printers in the Farm.
- Expertise in creating Citrix Streaming Profiles and Publishing Applications to users in Citrix XenApp 4.5/5.0.
- Citrix Xenapp Web Interface Administration Via IIS
- Experience in administering Windows Terminal Server, Group Policy management and Active Directory environment ,
- In-depth knowledge in dealing with Windows Registry and File Systems.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Windows Installer (MSI) & Windows Installer Transforms (MST) installation and runtime errors.
- Expertise in SQL Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS2007).
- Installation and Configuration of VMware ESX/Vsphere 4.x.
- Providing Comprehensive documentation for system builds.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written Communication skills and have high adaptability to changes in technology.
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA) 4.5/5.0 1Y0-259/A05
- Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD-070-315)
- Bachelor of Technology
- Masters in Computer Science
Technical Skills:Languages : C, C++,C#, VB
Operating Systems : DOS, Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Windows NT 4 Server and Workstation, Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 (Professional)
Web Technologies : HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, IIS, AJAX, SharePoint Server 2007(MOSS 2007).
TerminalService Application Servers : Citrix Metaframe PS 4.0, XenApp 4.5/5.0
Databases : SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 10g
Scripting Language : VBScript, Jscript
Packaging Tools : Wise Package Studio, Install Shield Admin Studio, Orca
Trouble Shooting Tools : Filemon, Regmon, Procmon, InCtrl & Depedency Walker
Confidential, Houston, TX Jul 2010 – Till Date
Senior Citrix Administrator
- Responsible for administering and supporting 350 Citrix server environment on Windows Server 2003/2008.
- Responsible for Terminal server builds and Citrix XenApp server deployments in both Physical and virtual environments
- Certify home grown and third party applications to run in windows 2003 / 2008 Terminal server environment
- Supporting in-house application management in Citrix environment through Citrix Streaming.
- Implement Citrix Rollup Pack and Feature packs as per Citrix recommendation.
- Troubleshooted various issues related to Citrix resource manager, Printers etc.
- Monitored Citrix server’s health by using Citrix Edge Sight.
- Performed Citrix Farm and server health checks on regular basis
- Developed Virtual apps for in-house client server applications through Citrix Streaming profiler 6.5/6.0/5.2.
- Provided 24/7 Production support for Citrix environment.
- Configured WYSE Terminals to provide thin client solution to Business users.
- Performed scripting through VBS, CMD.
- Implemented Quarterly patches to the servers suggested by Microsoft.
- Working with troubleshooting tools CDF Trace, PROC MON and Dependency Walker.
- Supported 5,000 plus User base
Environment: Citrix XenApp 5.0/4.5, Windows server 2003/2008 X86 & X64, Citrix Streaming Profiler 6.5/6.0/5.2, SQL 2005/2008.
Confidential, Cranston, RI Feb 2009 – Jul 2010
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining Windows and Citrix Servers which includes 10,000 user base and more than 100 plus applications.
- Publishing Applications, Content and Desktops to users in Citrix Management Console
- Interacting with business users for gathering the requirements for on boarding the applications to Citrix Servers
- Created MSI packages using Citrix Installation packager in Citrix 4.0/4.5/5.0
- Adding CustomActions to MSI InstallSequence using embedded VBScripts to customize MSI install behavior.
- Using Orca Tool for creating Windows Installer Transform (MST) files for customizing vendor provided MSI installs.
- Resolving various connections of Citrix Printer issues for client printing over Citrix.
- Creating a test Environment in Citrix or VMware for Production Team to test their applications.
- Experience with Application Streaming and publishing Streaming profiles for user access.
- Supporting Citrix Password Manager and Access Gateway.
- Resolving user connections to the Citrix Web Interface server by recycling the IIS services.
- Working on XenApp 5.0 in test environment for migration of the current farm from Xen App 4.5 to 5.0
- Documenting Application Installation, Know issues which occur regularly.
Environment: Citrix XenApp 5/4.5, Windows server 2003/2008, SQL Server 2005/2008, Citrix Streaming Profiler 5.2/1.3/1.2,
Confidential, Dayton, OH May 08 – Jan 2009
- Citizens Bank has Citrix XenApp 4.5 environment to deliver applications to the business users.
- Expertise in using Citrix Access Management Console and Presentation Server consoles.
- Profiled and deployed over 500 Business Applications and 200 Technical Tools through Citrix to the end users.
- Worked with application owners and gathered requirements for our project.
- Profiled and streamed applications on Citrix Profiler 1.2 and 1.3 versions and Citrix Streaming Client 1.2 & 5.2(5.2.1) Versions.
- Packaged applications in Wise Packaging Studio 5.0 which are not compatible in Citrix.
- Involved in fixing the interoperability among different applications and setting the rules on profiles in Application Isolation Environment (AIE). Involved in troubleshooting functionality errors of the applications in isolation environment.
- Used CDF Trace, ProcMon, FileMon & RegMon to trouble shoot application profiles in Isolation environment.
- Involved in pre-Delivering applications to Presentation Servers through Rade deployment Scripts (deploy.bat & psexec.bat) provided by Citrix.
- Scripted and tested applications in Citrix Edge Sight for Load testing version 3.0 to Load Test for multi-user compatibility in terminal services environment. Experience in Edge Sight Server console to monitor application performance in Citrix Farm.
- Hands on experience on Virtualization technology- VMware Workstation, ESX Server.
- Performed server builds utilizing VMware ESX 3.5 Server.
- Responsible for Administration of Active Directory and delegating control / permissions.
- Extensively worked in Windows Active Directory to create users & groups.
- Documented step-by-step process used when profiling using Application Profiler.
Environment: Citrix Presentation server 4.5/4.0, Windows server 2003/2008, SQL Server 2005/2008.Windows NT servers, Wise Package Studio 7.0
Confidential, Cincinnat, OH Jan 07 – May 08 Systems Analyst
Sogeti is a staffing services company providing professional services to various clients all over the US. They have multiple divisions in different states. Sogeti Connex is an internal application developed to centralize content of technical resources around the country.
- Involved in maintenance of Citrix XP,PS 3.0 and PS 4.0 farm, which includes more than 100 Servers and 100 various applications.
- Involved in Installation and upgrading the various applications on Citrix Servers and publishing the Application on Citrix PS 4.0 farm.
- Installing Hot Fixes(Rollup Packs and Feature packs) released by Citrix on Citrix Meta frame Presentation Servers through Installation Manager
- Monitored and Maintained the Citrix Web Interface server
- Implemented the Cluster Environment for Citrix Data Store servers.
- Configuration of Farms, Zones, DC’s, DS, TS License servers, Web Servers.
- Installed, Managed and Monitored VMware ESX3.2/ 3.5 Servers
- Created VM Session for Test Environment for testing Application before deploying to Production
- Used Virtual Infrastructure Client for managing VM Machines
- Created MSI Packages using Rapid Install Packaging.
- Worked on Change Management, Incident Management and Request Management Tickets in Remedy Tool
- Resolved various issues such as Windows Policies, Application licensing through RDP, Net - meeting. Coordinating with Vendors regarding production issues & solving problems.
- Created a test Environment in Citrix or VMware for Production Team to test their applications.
Environment: Microsoft Office SharePoint 2007.Visual Studio 2008, ASP.Net, C#, HTML, Java Script, SQL Reporting Services, SQL Server 2005 and Windows XP.
Confidential, Hyderabad, India Jun 05 – Aug 06
- Worked in an environment of 50+ servers, 500+ user base & more than 100 various applications.
- Packaged various applications per specs provided by client to Windows XP desktop environment.
- Managed resources on the Citrix Environment.
- Interacting with business users for gathering the requirements for on boarding the applications to Citrix Servers.
- Installing, configuring and administering Windows2000/2003 servers.
- Worked on VMWare workstation to test the packages and related tasks for package building.
- Tested and debugged MSI packages to make sure that they function properly for all users on the managed XP platform.
- Worked on Registry to debug invalid entries.
- Used VB Scripts for pre-install and post-install software packaging and to automate/schedule the tasks.
- Used Filemon and Regmon for monitoring the files and Registry keys accessed by applications.
- Providing users with access rights and permissions for accessing the applications.
- Worked with Active Directory Configurations in domain including +1500 users.
- Administered and setup print servers in Win2000/2003 server.
- Maintained and supported Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
- Creating user rights and defining local and roaming profiles.