- Network Engineer providing consulting and engineering services with extensive experience designing, purchasing, installing, migrating, and maintaining hardware and software solutions. Selected as lead engineer to collaborate with external vendors by developing and maintaining solid business relationships. Strengths in mentoring/training, and teamwork.
- Product Design Proficiency: Cisco routers, Cisco switch, WAN protocols BGP, EIGRP, RIP and OSPF , Interface with a wide range of circuit types. IOS and OS operating systems. Acme Packet Oracle Session Border Controllers.
- Worked successfully with several vendors on the Cargill Project to setup, coordinate and test the end-to-end solution for their networks in Toronto, Calgary, Wayzata and Minnetonka Canada.
- Designed and supported VoIP global data networks. These data networks are significantly more complex and challenging due to the sensitivity of voice to network latency as well as the under ocean fiber cut and outage potential.
- Successfully installed and supported a 1200 seat Avaya VoIP Hosted Call Center with eight other attached agent centers supported globally in United States, Canada, and India. The India connection saved over 80K per month, as well as consolidated multiple Call Centers to reduce cost.
- Designed and implemented a network solution for the BPO customer prior to the widespread adoption of MPLS networking , that when one circuit drops in India it does not bring the site center down including under ocean routes. The new solution prevented VoIP phones from dropping and allows the agents to access their applications. This design saves the client an estimated 95K per month.
- Designed a backup solution for California In-home Services. Recommended and implemented the elimination of one of two connections into HP, leaving the faster fiber optic connection. Shut down this second slower connection saving California In-home Services 250K per year.
Technical Consultant III
- Provisioned and terminated Lync servers deployed in multiple global data centers in the Enterprise Services Quote Reservation System,
- Integrated deployment of the Lync Staging environments.
- Provided input to and monitored new purchasing process to ensure sufficient funds were appropriated.
- Worked with local network team to deploy Lync's environment within data centers in Eastern Creek, AU, Wynyard, UK and Alpharetta, GA.
- Collaborated and provided input to connect the Cloud compartment to a leverage network compartment.
- Installed and maintained Acme Packet Session Border Controllers in the global data centers. Performed extensive trouble shooting to align this solution to the network infrastructure.
- Reviewed and revised documentation for Unified Communication Services Offering Development Process.
- Served as Network Engineer supporting enterprise Cisco platform.
- Worked with sales teams and clients to develop solutions to rapidly provide network access for applications, reporting, and voice circuitry.
- Responsible for Ethernet TCP/IP VoIP and LAN/WAN connectivity at BPM/CRM sites.
- Setting up routers and CSU/DSU's for WAN connectivity.
- Setting up multiple VoIP call centers in United States, Canada and India.
- Provided Design Summary Proposals, utilizing EDS capability architecture and design guides to place consistent networking platforms across several call centers. These sites use either an Avaya based leveraged ACD platform or Cisco Call Manager and Unity based platform as the IP Telephony system.
- Utilized Cisco IP Telephony: Planning, design, implementation, operation and optimization methodologies to analyze current facility infrastructures in making design recommendations and implementing convergence ready infrastructures. These sites service primarily 400 1000 call center agents per facility and are located globally. This entailed design, build, and deploy phases.
- Utilized EDS developed IP telephony design guides to engineer work orders to configure the network components to be installed into these facilities.
- Set up and support Check Point firewalls used to allow external accounts to connect to their servers.
- Facilitated the implementation of new network gear within the existing production environment during scheduled change management windows.
- Provided 24x7 on-call network support for several HP/EDS global call centers.
- Experience with network tools eheath, Netqos, HP Openview, and Charity.
- Completed Y2K certification testing for routers, switches and related products
- Technical lead for a team of 5 engineers which included desktop support.
- Responsible for new software upgrades and maintaining the Star LAN, System administrator for the UNIX server and the PCs for the account.