- IT Engineering professional with diverse experience in successfully designing and implementing IT and network security solutions for internal and external corporate clients. Demonstrated success in multiple domestic and multi-national projects providing written design proposals that included network components such as routers, switches VPN and WAN. Upon project approval, I worked with the project stakeholders providing the actual firewall configuration based on client requirements. I was successfully able to work with other infrastructure team members to incorporate their solutions into my overall projects.
- As a member of the HP infrastructure organization I was able to successfully adhere to the requirement of handling multiple projects. My job function also included mentoring new team members on department processes and procedures. Also as part of my job function with Hewlett Packard/EDS it was my job responsibility to handle the project management functions on the medium to large scale projects that were assigned to me.
- Key accomplishments have included completing and providing network solutions for the Department of Defense, General Motors, Xerox, Kodak, and Home Depot.
- Additional experience has included using ITIL v3 processes, SQL, Symphony, MS Office, Visio, Windows Active Directory and SharePoint while playing a major role in putting together procedures to which HP network and server teams adhere.
Service Delivery Specialist
- Customer Satisfaction Retention
- Performs MDS duties including device optimization, uptime maximization, and print migration strategies to minimize costs. Onsite interface with customer IT contacts.
- As part of the Managed Document Services division I was assigned to the Cleveland Metro Hospital account.
- Delivers contracted service level agreements
- Initial point of customer IT services contact
- Participate in IT meetings with customer s accordingly
- Drives and improves technical business processes
- Trains end users on device s
- Billing SDM, SM, IAM, Billing Coordinator
- Implementation of Services Excellence Site Manager Integrated Account
- Fleet Device Reporting SDM, SM, IAM
- Technology integration with IT SDM, IAM, PS, Helpdesk
- IT Security Compliance SDM, IAM, Helpdesk
- Process integration SDM, IAM, PS, Helpdesk Cost Controls
- Supply /device management
Desktop Support Specialist
- I assisted in the successful roll out of a new hardware and software platform for the Akron Children's Hospital staff. I provided project management processes and coordination for the IS staff across all three shifts.
- The hardware consists of over 250 workstations on wheels.
- The software is the latest hospital record retrieval system that will be equipped with Single Sign On capability.
- The workstations allow the nurses to access all patients' records from these wireless workstations on wheels.
- Act as the liaison between the hospital's nursing staff and their IS department, making sure that all issues are handled in order to meet the client's roll out date, which was completed ahead of schedule.
- Provided status reports daily to the team leaders and upper management on the project's progress.
- Entry Level Sales
- Assist with purchasing decisions for the automotive hobbyist and grass roots racers in Drag Racing, Circle Track and Off-Roading.
- Vendor training on their latest product offerings to give customers an informative cost effective decision to their needs.
- Designed and implemented network security solutions for internal and external HP customers for Global Operations Delivery Services and for HP's corporate infrastructure and clients. Responsible for successfully upgrading and installing perimeter security firewalls . I acted as the Project Manager on large and medium scale projects, working with server engineers, core routing and operations center engineers.
- As Lead Firewall Engineer I successfully provided the network security solutions during the phased migration for the Automotive Network Exchange ANX , SunTrust Bank, MERS and Foamex.
- I was selected as a member of the Corporate Network Security Team that successfully documented and reviewed procedures for corporate and client networking guidelines.
- Assigned to the HP network team and acted as Lead Firewall Engineer on a project that accomplished migrating HP client's WAN support from Verizon's NOC to HP's Global Network Operating Center GNOC .
- I designed and implemented the network security solution for the corporate remote PC backup called MIPS.
- Provided network consulting and product evaluation for other HP product line offers that would be used to replace and improve the enterprise switches and firewall platforms by Cisco and Crossbeam.
- Heavily involved in testing and evaluating the latest products using HP and Checkpoint products for new security and VPN client offers that incorporated the VPN concentrator function into firewalls.
- Putting together eLearning presentations for team members using Adobe Captivate and MS PowerPoint.
- I helped to keep the corporate training material CBT up to date and relevant for our team. I also critiqued new training and reported my findings to management.
Project management responsibilities:
- Conducting kickoff meetings to meet with the assigned team members and go over the project requirements.
- After successfully gathering requirements, I would put together any additional internal and external IT resources for the assigned project.
- Using MS Project and Visio I would put together my team responsibilities and timelines in order to keep track of the project.
- I would put together a Design Proposal Summary with pricing of the IT solution to present to all stake holders for approval.
- Conduct weekly meetings to track progress in case any information was missing.
- Tasked with successfully completing my assigned projects on time and to meet our contractual obligations.
- Any new processes that were discovered to be beneficial during the projects were documented on the Infrastructure's Share Point site in order to be reviewed for streamlining tasks in the future.
Network Infrastructure Analyst
- Successfully designed network solutions for EDS' customers and corporate infrastructure. Lead Engineer on special projects for the Card Processing Services CPS , working directly with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and JCB. Provided network consulting and product evaluation for other EDS product line offers. Provided second level support for CPS Network Support Personnel.
- Team member responsible for the successful migration of the Westlake Operations Center to the EDS Eastern Operations Center in Charlotte, NC. Specific initiatives included mirroring the Westlake Operations Network and coordinating connectivity into the Visa, Master Card and AMEX networks within the designated timeframe.
- Designed and implemented host connectivity for a new credit card offering by EDS called Commercial Card involved the installation of a TCP/IP gateway to a MVS host. This platform allowed client banks that offered business only credit cards to access specific functions to handle their accounting, usage trends and security reports.
- Member of a special team responsible for the successful EDS corporate-wide initiative to migrate 17,000 data circuits from AT T to MCI World Com Verizon in order for EDS to realize a yearly savings of over twelve million dollars.
- Reviewed requests for corporate/customer's network for optimization and growth projections and existing telecommunications facilities for cost saving analysis. Performed site preparation for new and strategic communications locations.
- Created and implemented a customer profile program for referencing telecom billing.
- Successfully coordinated installations and facility moves with building contractors, data carriers and communication personnel.
Senior Telecommunications Technician
Maintained high speed terrestrial and satellite data circuits. Troubleshot and performed preventive maintenance on company owned communications equipment to include modems, time division multiplexers, intelligent multiplexers concentrators and terminal control units. Extensive travel was required.