Professional Summary Accomplished, motivated and dynamic Cyber Security Professional with 10 years of progressive and meaningful experience, consistently demonstrating a track record of reliability, expertise, and desirable results. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with experience working in a team setting to achieve common objectives. Leadership experience includes serving as a Team Lead responsible for new-hire orientation and on-going skills development training. Extensive knowledge of key IT functions including installation, system maintenance, network configuration and equipment maintenance. Experience with electrical, electronic and electromechanical equipment and systems and state-of-the-art communications equipment and systems. Proven ability to analyze network traffic, identify areas of opportunity for improvement and implement security designs.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
Lead Network Engineer
Confidential for providing in-depth technical analysis and recommendations based on a given set of requirements and guidelines. Function as the main POC for any and all matters related to IT Security for our small firm including the monitoring of IDS/IPS events for several customers. Serve as a fully-functional expert on the entire Sourcefire IPS solution, and Splunk as a log retention tool. Work closely with our business development team to provide guidance concerning our cyber capabilities to potential new customers. Interface with the technical leads of customers that have been on-boarded, and effectively configure our IDS solutions to match their concerns. Responsible for providing executive reports, summaries and lessons learned after every new deployment. Played an integral role in bringing our organization to the status of FedRAMP ready, and as a result have become very knowledgeable of the processes involved in providing governance, risk, and compliance to IaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Identify, price, deploy, configure, tune and manage Sourcefire IDS/IPS solutions for multiple customers
- Install, price, configure and manage Splunk as a log retention tool for several customers
- Conduct vulnerability scanning using Nessus across many environment and OS types
- Conduct external and internal penetration testing using a suite of open-source tools
- Build and deploy virtual host servers using vSphere ESXi
Sr. Cyber Security Engineer
Confidential for the coordination and management of sub-component systems that are configured to send their event data to the TSA SOC for analysis. Worked with TSA sub-component System Owners and ISSOs to ensure smooth transition of monitoring and reporting functions. Provided feedback to the Program Manager on sub-component analytical performance. Coordinated with the Engineering Team's activities to identify support requirements for sub-component systems such as IV V reviews, vulnerability management reviews and configuration recommendation. Identified shortfalls in the analytical support for the sub-component systems and advise the Cyber Operations Manager of these findings in a timely manner. Provided timely and effective analysis of security events from a plethora of sources to properly remediate incidents.
- Harmonize the testing and start-up activities for joining TSA subcomponents to the TSA SOC monitoring and analysis processes.
- Identify shortfalls in the analytical support for the subcomponent systems and advise the Cyber Operations Manager of these findings in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the Cyber Operations Manager to ensure proper response is made for subcomponent activities.
Senior Analyst Team Lead
Worked on-site in Confidential as a Senior Analyst responsible for supporting TSA Security Operations Center. Leadership responsibilities included supporting and managing a team of 3-4 Security Analysts each responsible for ensuring the security of the entire IT infrastructure for the Transportation Security Administration TSA . Developed strategies and implemented methods for effectively monitoring potential security comprises including PII/SSI leaks, illicit scanning activity, compromised hosts and beaconing activity. Supported daily collaboration with the Department of Homeland Security DHS and the United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team US-CERT to share vulnerability notifications and threat information updates. Was responsible for handling all aspects of the incident response process including triage, analysis, reaction, restore, and post-mortem. Produced and reviewed high-level/visibility executive reports and documents for TSA's executive review.
- Supported the Operations Manager during the employee recruitment process by conducting interviews and making recommendations provide new-hire training/orientation to ensure quick ramp-up time for new staff.
- Interfaced with the TSA Security Operations Center, Engineering Team to conduct IV V assessments, snort rules/signatures and vulnerability scanning.
Cyber Security Analyst Shift Lead
Worked onsite Confidential as a Cyber Security Analyst responsible for supporting TSA Security Operations Center SOC . Applied best practices in security-monitoring related to network/host vulnerabilities and exploits, hacker methodology, host/network device hardening techniques and security incident prevention/mitigation techniques. Provided advanced security monitoring and event / alert incident evaluation and determination assistance on escalated issues. Leadership responsibilities included oversight and management for a team of four Network Monitoring Analysts. Trained employees and provided effective management to ensure productivity.
- Applied knowledge of utilities such as Ping, Trace Route, NSLookup, and WHOIS lookup to analyze, evaluate and escalate inbound security events.
- Utilized resources including ArcSight, Logger, Foundstone, and data/alerts from SourceFire, Enterasys, and related network-based IDS/IPS to observe security violations and determine vulnerabilities.
Lead Network Engineer
Served as team lead responsible for oversight and management of daily operations for fulfilling government contract working with the United States Senate. Supervised 2-8 person project teams comprised of Network Engineers and System Analysts to accomplish daily objectives. Oversaw the configuration, staging, data migration and systems installation for various Senate offices. Interfaced with Senators, Chiefs of Staff, System Administrators, Committee Chairmen and related stakeholders to conduct systems training and provide ongoing support. Adhered to customizations and OS preferences supported Apple OS X, Apple Remote Desktop, Symantec NAV, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008 Server, MS Outlook/Entourage, HP/Compaq Hardware and LAN/WAN routing systems. Configured, staged and installed printers and digital senders, scanners, USB TV tuners, laptops, and tablet PCs.
- Handpicked to act as the go-to person for facilitating IT solutions setup for new incumbent Senators and staff provided a guided and customized approach to facilitate IT solutions for Capitol Hill offices.
- Under the direction of The Sergeant At Arms Installation Team, provided workstation, server and application support to 10,000 users.
- Configured, installed and provided troubleshooting for Digital Personal bio-tech security devices and related wireless technologies or components.
Systems Integration Specialist
Conducted a variety of activities in support of daily operations including fabrication, testing, troubleshooting, pairing and modifying electronic parts, components and systems. Adhered to engineering instruction and design and performed routine technical functions in support of engineering activities. Typical duties included setup, operation, maintenance, modification, circuit testing, and troubleshooting of electronic or electromechanical components and systems. Diagnosed malfunctions and repaired systems to ensure operational efficiency.
- Traveled to Bangkok, Thailand for a two week project at the United States Embassy installed digital / audio equipment, fabricated co-axial/Ethernet/power cables, racked servers and ensured system functionality.
- Ran several configurations on Cisco 3750 and 2960 switches to setup / test VLANs, setup security parameters and run test procedures to ensure system functionality.
- Established, maintained and updated various system builds networking and switching performance facilitated dual platform communication and data transfer via TCP/IP, RIP and SONET.
Confidential to build Telecommunications equipment in accordance with specifications for testing and configuration. Performed installation of power throughout Telecommunications cabinets and performed IMR Immediate Material Requests for field posts including testing/configuration. Acted as a Team Lead responsible for supervising a team of two employees to achieve objectives in accordance with project deadlines.
- Configured, tested, installed, and received formal training on Juniper Netscreen-5GT firewalls, Juniper CTP 2000A TDMOIP, Juniper J6300 series routers, and Juniper Netscreen-208 Encryptors.
- Implemented new software versions on GPS receivers CommSync and provided troubleshooting of various network and non-network related issues loaded images onto essential servers and configured devices.
- Configured and tested N.E.T. Promina Muxing equipment, CSU/DSU's, Transition fiber optic converters, Codex and GDC Secure Modems, Tripplite UPS devices, Cisco Catalyst 2950 equipment and Cisco 3700, 2811 and 3600 series routers.
- Successfully completed onsite training for Cisco 2811, Acterna FST-2802, GDC Secure Modem, Fireberd 6000A and Cyclades Terminal Servers.